• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT| [10/10 Pre-Order Links Updated In OP]

FUBARx89

Check hotstock reguarly, or use the app to get notifications when it comes in stock.

I've seen it come in stock a few times and stay in stock for hours/days.

Also shopto.net are taking backorders so you could order from them and they'll fullfill it when they get it in stock.

I wouldn't touch Shopto with a barge pole anymore. They where bought out a few years ago and turned to shit. If you have a problem good luck getting them to do anything. They didn't wanna know when my launch PS5 was delivered DOA.

I got a Pro pre-ordered at Gamestop today 30 min before they closed...not only that but the employee was legit confused when i asked him "are all pre orders for Pro taken?". He hadn't had a single person come in asking for one today ....yikes

He then proceeded to try to talk me out of it lol. I got one for the 7th anyway since im too invested into ps5 library already but now im just hoping these things don't become a total sales flop because that will mean less dev support and less upgrades for ps5 games .. the price could very well be a problem for Pro

King Dazzar

I wouldn't touch Shopto with a barge pole anymore. They where bought out a few years ago and turned to shit. If you have a problem good luck getting them to do anything. They didn't wanna know when my launch PS5 was delivered DOA.
They were shit before then too. They threatened to take me to court once after they reckoned they had sent me a collectors edition game in error, their side.

Is there an issue with the Sony website: https://direct.playstation.com/en-gb/hardware/ps5 because I cannot sign into my account to view my PS5 Pro order from a couple of weeks back. The site shows that I am signed in since it shows Hi Doctor Hades and the Sign Out option but if I click on Orders to view them then I am taken to the PS sign in prompt where I sign in which then takes me back to the main site. If I sign out then I then have to verify the browser (I am using Microsoft Edge) but on signing in, and confirming I am signed in, clicking on Orders just prompts me to sign in again!!!

*EDIT*
Works with Chrome on my work PC where I can view the order just fine so it must be an issue with Edge.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I got a Pro pre-ordered at Gamestop today 30 min before they closed...not only that but the employee was legit confused when i asked him "are all pre orders for Pro taken?". He hadn't had a single person come in asking for one today ....yikes

He then proceeded to try to talk me out of it lol. I got one for the 7th anyway since im too invested into ps5 library already but now im just hoping these things don't become a total sales flop because that will mean less dev support and less upgrades for ps5 games .. the price could very well be a problem for Pro

This used to happen in Gamestation with products. As soon as the staff get into the mindset that a product is not ideal, they will try and talk every customer out of it that they can. Its really shit and I can understand why head office of businesses gets pissed off with their staff when they are being this incompetent.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
Got a couple of the regular and an anniversary before.

Quick question from someone not technical. Will this Pro guy come close to my 3090ti? I know that the CPU is probably not as I have 13900k one or it’s a 14 one.

I want to give the PC to my youngest and start a fresh build for next year and want this console to close the gap till then.

Thanks in advance, smart technical folks.

Markio128

Gold Member
I seem to be in a difficult gaming period while I wait patiently for the Pro. I’m not buying any new games (which isn’t easy when a few crackers have recently been released) because I want to play them at their best, and any existing games in my backlog are also on standby.

I do have a couple of retro style RPGs in my backlog, but I’m in the graphic whore mindset now, so I’d likely drop them within an hour or so.

In summary, I need my Pro now.

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

I seem to be in a difficult gaming period while I wait patiently for the Pro. I’m not buying any new games (which isn’t easy when a few crackers have recently been released) because I want to play them at their best, and any existing games in my backlog are also on standby.

I do have a couple of retro style RPGs in my backlog, but I’m in the graphic whore mindset now, so I’d likely drop them within an hour or so.

Bored Cabin Fever GIF
Exactly the same. I've recently bought Rebirth, Alan Wake 2 and Dragon's Dogma 2 in sales, and also Astrobot....not gonna start the first 3 until I can play them on Pro with better performance, and Astrobot I want to be the first game I play on Pro because Astro's Playroom was the first game I played on PS5. Biding my time the same way, Binding Of Isaac and Cult Of The Lamb, stuff like that.

Bring on the Pro!

Last edited:

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

My goal is to finish Persona 3 on my Base PS5. It might be the last game I play on it.

Hogwarts Legacy will probably be the first game I play on PS5 Pro.

Markio128

Gold Member
My goal is to finish Persona 3 on my Base PS5. It might be the last game I play on it.

Hogwarts Legacy will probably be the first game I play on PS5 Pro.
Hogwarts is a game that I haven’t completed yet. I liked how it looked in fidelity mode, but wasn’t that fun to play, and I thought it looked a bit too mid in performance mode. I’ve had a similar experience with a few games. The only games I’ve recently managed to finish in fidelity mode were FF7:R, FF16 and Stellar Blade. All three have a NG+ mode that I can’t wait to play through on the Pro (though I’ve not heard anything about a FF16 update yet).

I’m currently making sure that all the games that I’ll be playing again on the Pro in NG+, or that I’ve spent ungodly hours on like GT7, have their save files uploaded to the cloud.

I’m kind of tempted to buy the latest Formula 1 game because the upgrade on Pro looks night and day, and it’s on offer at the moment.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
so going by all the info we have.
2 things.
1 you can most likely walk in to a store on the 7th and grab a pro.
2 the pro is going to sale like shit.

I'm holding out for that DS2 or Ghost of Yotei collectors edition that has a reduced price.

Sony ambassador program incoming!

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
2 things.
1 is likely true
2 console was never intended to be more than 10-20% of total PS5 sales

Demand certainly doesn't appear to be high.
Its a mid gen upgrade that's expensive and only targeting a small group of gamers, demand was never going to be high

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Hogwarts is a game that I haven’t completed yet. I liked how it looked in fidelity mode, but wasn’t that fun to play, and I thought it looked a bit too mid in performance mode. I’ve had a similar experience with a few games. The only games I’ve recently managed to finish in fidelity mode were FF7:R, FF16 and Stellar Blade. All three have a NG+ mode that I can’t wait to play through on the Pro (though I’ve not heard anything about a FF16 update yet).

I’m currently making sure that all the games that I’ll be playing again on the Pro in NG+, or that I’ve spent ungodly hours on like GT7, have their save files uploaded to the cloud.

I’m kind of tempted to buy the latest Formula 1 game because the upgrade on Pro looks night and day, and it’s on offer at the moment.

This would be a great opportunity for Sony to fix the folder system on the PS5 and maybe create some default folders based on sortable options.

Sort all Boosted Mode games, sort all PS5 Pro enhanced games...

Topher

Gold Member
2 things.

Not really. The problem here is comparing PS5 Pro against other consoles that are being sold at a loss to keep the price down. Pro is sold for a profit and isn't being used to maximize market share. Not really any different than the multitude of gaming desktops/laptops that are available in store at any given time.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Not really. The problem here is comparing PS5 Pro against other consoles that are being sold at a loss to keep the price down. Pro is sold for a profit and isn't being used to maximize market share. Not really any different than the multitude of gaming desktops/laptops that are available in store at any given time.
Not sure what people expected sales wise with a $700 mid gen upgrade

Besides we can take nothing from the fact its still in stock without knowing numbers of units made

1 is likely true
2 console was never intended to be more than 10-20% of total PS5 sales

Its a mid gen upgrade that's expensive and only targeting a small group of gamers, demand was never going to be high
I agree, but support will likely be based on how well it sells. I have one preordered now, so I hope it does decent enough to get good support. I assume Sony will require developers to make PS5 Pro modes going forward, but hopefully it does well enough for developers to dip into the back catalog for upgrades.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I agree, but support will likely be based on how well it sells. I have one preordered now, so I hope it does decent enough to get good support. I assume Sony will require developers to make PS5 Pro modes going forward, but hopefully it does well enough for developers to dip into the back catalog for upgrades.
I don't see devs being forced to make pro modes, just forced to make sure their game just runs on it

Not all games will be pro enhanced from my understanding

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™

I don't think support really requires sales.

All improvements made to games on PS5 Pro will be realized on PS6...

Not a lot of work needs to be done in order to support PS5 Pro.

Enabling PSSR is likely no different from enabling DLSS or any other upscaling tech and most PC games will support largely all of them despite having significantly less numbers than PS5 Pro will have. Same with enabling RTX, they're doing it on PC anyways.

The boosted GPU, memory, and CPU kind of take care of themselves.

ValiantInstance

Neo Member
Got a couple of the regular and an anniversary before.

Quick question from someone not technical. Will this Pro guy come close to my 3090ti? I know that the CPU is probably not as I have 13900k one or it’s a 14 one.

I want to give the PC to my youngest and start a fresh build for next year and want this console to close the gap till then.

Thanks in advance, smart technical folks.
Quite simply, not it won't. I suppose it depends how much faith you put into AI upscaling. Personally I think it's a total scam and raster is king, but to each their own.

TrackZ

I moved my Sony Direct preorder to Best Buy just in case the Pro doesn't really impress me enough, and I want an out to return it easier. My store in Southeast Michigan is still showing available pre-orders for local pick-up. I opted for pick-up as well, just to be easier and quicker to get my impatient hands on it.

I look forward to really critically looking at the Pro and what future it portends with PSSR to see if I feel it and future potential of consoles will be good enough to make convenience trump the extra fidelity of PC for me going forward with my gaming. In many ways, I very much want to migrate back to console.

Gambit2483

2 things.
Not many people are eager to spend upwards of $800 just to play slightly better looking PS4 games and PS5 games they've already played/beaten.

Demand will most likely increase if/when new games get announced that take significant advantage of the new hardware

FrankWza

Not many people are eager to spend upwards of $800 just to play slightly better looking PS4 games and PS5 games they've already played/beaten.

Demand will most likely increase if/when new games get announced that take significant advantage of the new hardware
When the price was announced the comments sounded like it would be DoA. Now it's a failure because it's not sold out. That's pretty good progress for something that's a month from releasing.

WoodyStare

Didn’t get a delivery date from Amazon says they will email me am I screwed on getting one on release?
Same with me, but I’m thinking it should arrive by the delivery date since it doesn’t seem to be selling out everywhere, or at least I hope so. It’s likely they’ll update the delivery date a week before the release. When I ordered the AstroBot controller I didn’t get an estimated delivery date until a month after release, but of course that was more in demand. Not too worried to be honest.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Same with me, but I’m thinking it should arrive by the delivery date since it doesn’t seem to be selling out everywhere, or at least I hope so. It’s likely they’ll update the delivery date a week before the release. When I ordered the AstroBot controller I didn’t get an estimated delivery date until a month after release, but of course that was more in demand. Not too worried to be honest.
Did you get a charge yet on a credit card?

graywolf323

The controllers were so easy to get the first Day. You could have pre order 20 if you really wanted.
Amazon never actually had them in stock from what I can tell, Best Buy had them but it was very glitchy & then they switched the page to coming soon but has yet to put them back up for sale

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Has Amazon UK reduced the price of the PS5 Pro?

I'm seeing it listed for £583.32 rather than £699.99.

Disregard, this doesn't include VAT.

Last edited:
Top Bottom