• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT| [10/10 Pre-Order Links Updated In OP]

King Dazzar

I don't know what the fuck to do boys...

- GameStop, here in Italy had a deal where if you brought your PS5 and two games they'd give you 350€ - The deal is not valid anymore.

- The trade-in value for the PS5 fat with the drive is only 270€.

Preorders are up on GameStop.it as are on Amazon Italy - Amazon delivery date is on the 12th of November though.

So, now, I got to make sure to :
- secure a pre-order
- Get rid of my PS5 since I have absolutely no use for it if 8 manage to get a Pro.

I could always put my PS5 on Facebook marketplace but it's a friggin' ball-ache with people's absurd haggling , I'd rather just go to GameStop and be done with it to be honest, still, 270€, yeah...

Edit : in case any Italian GAFers are interested :
Personally I'm not interested in trading in my PS5, until I know the Pro I get is fine. I'll get more here in the UK for selling it myself too - though your trade in deal sounds not too bad. Also, for me, I'm not too worried if my Pro arrives a day or two late, as long its somewhere that you can trust.

not to get to far off t but do we know of any of the first ps5s off the line hand any issues?
Nothing major that I know of. Though they were revised none the less, even before the slim came.

paolo11

Gonna cancel my order with PS Direct. Amazon is always easier to work with in terms of any customer service.

The tax you guys paid make me envious.

dNvWYfq.jpeg
I hear you. I assume this is California (cuz it’s the same tax I pay haha)

j0hnnix

gamestop online , god what a waste. i haven't been able to pre-order. get ominous error message at check out with my trade credit and 3 different cc.. either out of stock or system broken for myself since 10am.

PS5 Console + 2 valid games = 330 €

Sounds good to me

It was 350 a couple of days ago brother, that's the thing 😉
Also : good luck trying to find if the games you have are "eligible" (as per site's description) - 80% of the games on their site here in pizza-land aren't , and I'm talking about newer games like -say - Armored core 6, in fact, talking about armored core 6, when I visited GameStop the other day, the clerk told me that it was indeed eligible (30€) - their site tells another story though, and this is the thing, there's too much faffing around since there appear to be contradicting facts and their site doesn't make things easy - something which, IMO, is done on purpose as to make you visit one of their shops as to have them try upsell you shit.

Anyway...

Zacfoldor

My launch PS5 still works like a champ, knock on wood.

My brother's launch PS5 has been abused as he kept it in a cabinet inside the entertainment center his wife bought to the point where it was freezing up and causing artifacts when he played for about a year. The second I saw how he had it setup, I made him move it and we setup a passive cooling fan and since then it has been tip top.

If it survived that, I have faith. In fact, I do believe I'd take my launch PS5 over just about any other one, that's how much faith I have in this thing. It has been ran hard since launch and never a hiccup. It has given me a new appreciation for launch hardware.

Alpha Male

Amazon went up for me right at 9 central and I was able to pre order.
zFZEzgl.png

Also went ahead and pre ordered from Best Buy although I waited in the que for over 20 minutes on the app. I left the que and did another pre order but picked store pickup instead of shipping and of course got right through.

WBDHxU1.png

Forgot to ask :
One of the points people bitch about is that the stand is not included - I have my PS5 sitting horizontally with the OG included stand, is the Pro able to sit flush horizontally without the need of one ?
Was a stand included with the slim models ?

Cheers

graywolf323

Forgot to ask :
One of the points people bitch about is that the stand is not included - I have my PS5 sitting horizontally with the OG included stand, is the Pro able to sit flush horizontally without the need of one ?
Was a stand included with the slim models ?

Cheers
IIRC the Slim (and Pro) still come with a plastic stand for sitting it horizontally, it’s just the plastic stand no longer supports a vertical implementation unlike the OG PS5

Would 'Best Buy' keep the purchased pre order in their store(for the in store pickup) for little over 16 days from it's original release date? Asking for a friend who's supposedly pre-ordered it but unfortunately he's got last minute travel come up and he's not back stateside to pick up his pre order before 24th of Nov.

Top Bottom