• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT| [10/10 Pre-Order Links Updated In OP]

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
If they do price-cuts it will be on the base model with hardware from 4 years ago, not the premium one with brand-new hardware...

It's common sense really

In the UK, our only hope is SOR terms. Fingers crossed, after the initial sales if stock becomes sticky and passes 60 days aged it will start to enter liquidation at retailers. This is where your high street retailers will start to apply pressure to distributors to get stock moving. If it enters 90 days then support will need to be applied from somewhere.

But, if all stock rotates nicely and nothing hangs around we are out of luck in the UK.

diffusionx

Gold Member
canceled my preorder at PS Direct and did it at BB. I would rather do a pick up on an item like this anyway.

Anyone who thinks they are going to drop the price is just huffing hopium.

$600 and pack in the external drive and watch this sell out in minutes.
And then those people put it on eBay for $800 the day it comes out.

If they do price-cuts it will be on the base model with hardware from 4 years ago, not the premium one with brand-new hardware...

It's common sense really
I can buy an iPhone 16 and pick it up today, clearly that means it was a total failure and Apple needs to drop the price immediately.

Last edited:

proandrad

Anyone who thinks they are going to drop the price is just huffing hopium.

If we all don't preorder together arrogant Sony will be forced to drop the price.

dem success GIF

PS: SARCASM

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I assume that's why the early preorders happened, to adjust production/distribution levels based upon the preorders.

Like many have said. With the current shipping issues in the red sea and lack of containers, these launch units have been on the sea for around a month all ready.

King Dazzar

Which store ?
Against my better judgement, John Lewis. They can be poor for returns. But they give 2 years warranty as pointed out by another user on here. Its confirmed that it will be DPD they use with an hour nominated slot on day of delivery too. I could have stayed with Amazon and whilst I trust them. I know on high value items like laptops etc, you can wait weeks to have the return processed.

John Lewis have already taken my money, so at least I know all that's sorted in advance too.

Top Bottom