• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT| [10/10 Pre-Order Links Updated In OP]

DoomGyver

Would 'Best Buy' keep the purchased pre order in their store(for the in store pickup) for little over 16 days from it's original release date? Asking for a friend who's supposedly pre-ordered it but unfortunately he's got last minute travel come up and he's not back stateside to pick up his pre order before 24th of Nov.
I think they only hold pickup orders for 5 days. They have an option to allow someone else to pickup the item.

Last edited:

shoplifter

I'm assuming that you can't have a PS5 Pro and PS5 activated at the same time? Was about to pull the trigger until I realized it might be a pain in the ass to deal with.

graywolf323

Would 'Best Buy' keep the purchased pre order in their store(for the in store pickup) for little over 16 days from its original release date? Asking for a friend who's supposedly pre-ordered it but unfortunately he's got last minute travel come up and he's not back stateside to pick up his pre order before 24th of Nov.
they’ll only hold it for a week I believe

King Dazzar

Yes, you can. I have multiple PS5s in my house.

One is your primary and you can put your account on others and access your stuff from your profile on any of them.
What limitations are there? I take it, you have restrictions when accessing the same game at the same time?

shoplifter

What limitations are there? I take it, you have restrictions when accessing the same game at the same time?
IIRC it works more or less the same as Xbox does, where you have a primary console that the 'owner' doesn't have to be logged in on for games to work, but they can also be downloaded to other consoles where the 'owner' account must be logged in to play.

I was *hoping* they'd allow separate primary console activations (like you can do across PS4 and PS5) for PS5 and Pro, but not counting on it since they're technically the same console generation.

Last edited:
Congratulations to everyone who placed your pre orders today. Anyone still keeping their PS direct pre order for the standard PS5 Pro? Or have you cancelled that one and went with Amazon/Walmart/Target/Gamestop/Best Buy option?

XXL

No you can play together.

But they would be playing on your primary PS5, but they would be using their account on that PS5, while you are on the other non primary PS5 with your account.

In that situation you would need to own the game.

Basically any account on your primary PS5 can access anything you have downloaded. You can access anything you own on any PS5 using your account.

Dang that's a good deal, especially being able to get the same in cash.

Think I'll move the games I've been holding off to play over to my expansion SSD and get my launch PS5 traded in for cash before the 19th.

I'm fine being without a PS5 until 11/7 since I'm focused on some XSX and Switch games until then anyway.

That's my issue is if I want to be without a PS5 that long.

Maybe I can go trade in my PS5. Then go buy another one at Target and just return it once I get my pro.

dmaul1114

Congratulations to everyone who placed your pre orders today. Anyone still keeping their PS direct pre order for the standard PS5 Pro? Or have you cancelled that one and went with Amazon/Walmart/Target/Gamestop/Best Buy option?

Cancelled my PS Direct preorder after getting one in at Amazon. Had a bit over $100 in credits from my Amazon Reward Visa and will earn 5% back on the balance so just a better deal.

scalman

never had ps4 , bought ps4 pro used .. that was cheap ...so maybe this time i will do same maybe not ..as most sony games come out on oc.. maybe wait for rtx 50 series laptops. 700 sure not not even 400 this day. but how much all cost now its ok price

Last edited:

yogaflame

Still preorders out there. Didn't sell through in mins like it thought .. that's a good sign that they made a lot.
It is always optional just like ps4 pro. Ps5 pro will still have good sales numbers, but Sony will be more happy that its base Ps5 is still having a good sales number.

Kings Field

Went to GameStop after work around 530 and they had three preorders left. Only required $50 down but I paid mine off so I didn't have to worry about it anymore.

Cancelled my direct one since I was having issues with UPS and FedEx drivers trying to pull shady shit. UPS driver tried swiping my OLED steam deck on launch so I'd feel better being able to walk in and pick it up.

Topher

Gold Member
Went to GameStop after work around 530 and they had three preorders left. Only required $50 down but I paid mine off so I didn't have to worry about it anymore.

Cancelled my direct one since I was having issues with UPS and FedEx drivers trying to pull shady shit. UPS driver tried swiping my OLED steam deck on launch so I'd feel better being able to walk in and pick it up.

I shipped using UPS recently for an item I sold on ebay. Dude who bought it lives an hour away from me in the Atlanta area. Somehow the package made it all the way down to Miami, Florida and then got stuck in transit due to Hurricane Helene.

So yeah......I'm picking mine up from my local Best Buy.

Gambit2483

Looks like the scalpers have caught on that this isn't going to be a hot commodity. Stock seems to be plentiful and (understandably) demand not nearly as strong as PS5 launch.

I'll wait to see how more games like FF7 Rebirth take advantage of the hardware before jumping in.

Top Bottom