• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT| [10/10 Pre-Order Links Updated In OP]

Alpha Male

Hey, Imtjnotu Imtjnotu I think we might actually get that $50 bonus from Best Buy. I noticed it reads like I'm getting the bonus but like I said before the details state that pre orders are excluded.
endYhjG.png

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
My local Best Buy still has preorders available. I'm thinking about cancelling my PS Direct order and just doing store pick up on release date

Thanks for saying this. I just canceled by pre-order from PS Direct and changed it to my local Best Buy. You can't beat their 2 year warranty for $80. And to just drive down the street and pick it up is better than waiting on FedEx to deliver it!

Gambit2483

When the price was announced the comments sounded like it would be DoA. Now it's a failure because it's not sold out.
Umm, isn't that the same thing? 😅

Jk. It's way too early to call PS5 Pro a "failure". Let's see how sales (and game support) are 3-6 months after releases before we cast judgment

Last edited:

Kerotan

Amazon never actually had them in stock from what I can tell, Best Buy had them but it was very glitchy & then they switched the page to coming soon but has yet to put them back up for sale
In Ireland we don't have Amazon but the retailer which partnered with Sony had the regular controller all Day and the pro controller for a few days.

phant0m

Did anyone get 30th anniversary Pros from anywhere but the initial drop on PS Direct 2 weeks ago? I didn't even see listings for them at GS or BB, only 30th slims.

Kings Field

Did anyone get 30th anniversary Pros from anywhere but the initial drop on PS Direct 2 weeks ago? I didn't even see listings for them at GS or BB, only 30th slims.

My GameStop said they didn't get any allocations but I'm betting the manager snagged it IF they did. I read on reddit that GameStop online had some every hour they were dropping but I didn't get chance to read the whole thread.

hououinkyouma00

Gold Member
My friend texted me today and was gonna put in a pre order for me in store at GameStop but I wasn't able to respond in time. I'm gonna call in the morning and see if any stores still have pre-orders available as I'd rather be able to pick it up in store versus waiting for it to get delivered.

reinking

Gold Member
My new fear!

I have been reading about the iPhone thefts that are happening by porch pirates that seem to have inside information on tracking and delivery times. I saw a news clip with one of them walking up to the porch armed. You can't change the delivery address on purchases from Sony Direct and I can't cancel and order again (30th anniversary). I am not super worried since they require signature and I am in a very quiet neighborhood but am I going to need to be armed for the FedEx delivery? I might need to bring security guards from work to stand guard at my house. Or, maybe even have them follow the FedEx truck from the warehouse to my house to make sure the driver doesn't accidentally lose my package. 😜

🤞🤞🤞

Got a couple of the regular and an anniversary before.

Quick question from someone not technical. Will this Pro guy come close to my 3090ti? I know that the CPU is probably not as I have 13900k one or it’s a 14 one.

I want to give the PC to my youngest and start a fresh build for next year and want this console to close the gap till then.

Thanks in advance, smart technical folks.

No way will Pro be close to a 3090ti

XXL

Got a couple of the regular and an anniversary before.

Quick question from someone not technical. Will this Pro guy come close to my 3090ti? I know that the CPU is probably not as I have 13900k one or it’s a 14 one.

I want to give the PC to my youngest and start a fresh build for next year and want this console to close the gap till then.

Thanks in advance, smart technical folks.
The PS5 Pro is equivalent to 4070.

Kings Field

My new fear!

I have been reading about the iPhone thefts that are happening by porch pirates that seem to have inside information on tracking and delivery times. I saw a news clip with one of them walking up to the porch armed. You can't change the delivery address on purchases from Sony Direct and I can't cancel and order again (30th anniversary). I am not super worried since they require signature and I am in a very quiet neighborhood but am I going to need to be armed for the FedEx delivery? I might need to bring security guards from work to stand guard at my house. Or, maybe even have them follow the FedEx truck from the warehouse to my house to make sure the driver doesn't accidentally lose my package. 😜

🤞🤞🤞

Be careful bro. When my Steam Deck OLED was being delivered by UPS I had a couple other packages I was waiting for. The drivers seasonal helper put three packages on my porch and I went out immediately to grab them. Within two seconds I realized that I was given the wrong package for one. I hopped in my car and chased down the UPS truck and asked them if they had my order from valve on their truck and they checked and said nope. While they were standing there I put a ticket in with steam support.

I was so fucking pissed off. Miraculously a half hour later they cacame back and dropped off my steam Deck after I called my local PD. I don't think it was my regular UPS driver but he temp that was with him. I never saw him after that.

That's why I cancelled my direct one and put one in person at my local GameStop.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
My new fear!

🤞🤞🤞
Saw that on local news these gangs are following delivery drivers of high dollar targets and even robbing the driver themselves or at the very least just walking off with the package right after delivery

My new fear!

🤞🤞🤞
I usually try to have my big ticket items redirected to a store. Sometimes I have to pay a fee, but it gives me piece of mind and I don't have to worry about porch pirates or being at home to sign for the package.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
I usually try to have my big ticket items redirected to a store. Sometimes I have to pay a fee, but it gives me piece of mind and I don't have to worry about porch pirates or being at home to sign for the package.
I will probably try to have it held for pick up from the local warehouse or to my work address if I can arrange it.

DJ12

Likely since I have a couple of regulars ordered

The only thing is can I stand not knowing the number :)
Steam the sticker then you can reseal it lol

As a general question not necessarily to you pal.

Do we know the additional nvme placement.

Fancy getting an elecgear heatsink, phat ps5 one won't fit, I'm wondering if the slim one would.

FrankWza

Steam the sticker then you can reseal it lol

As a general question not necessarily to you pal.

Do we know the additional nvme placement.

Fancy getting an elecgear heatsink, phat ps5 one won't fit, I'm wondering if the slim one would.
I'm wondering the same. I have the launch model elec. If you get the slim elec now it would be inside the return policy if it doesn't fit.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Still available at bestbuy. Hope Sony sees this and gives it a price reduction for black friday or christmas like they did with the PS4 Pro.

Still available at bestbuy. Hope Sony sees this and gives it a price reduction for black friday or christmas like they did with the PS4 Pro.
I suspect it has a high profit margin I doubt it'll ever sell out without a fairly quick restock as far as discounts that'll be a regional decision it's way too expensive in some parts of the world.

Top Bottom