• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro vs Rough Equivalent PC Specs

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I have that, no issue there, but I want a way I can jump on the couch and grab my controller and fire it up as you would with ps5 or Xbox. Something that can slide between stores would be great too but I suspect that is wishful thinking.
So you want the ultra comfy experience huh.

Well if the PC is completely turned off I don't know if you'll be able to do anything. If it's suspended tho, you might be able to turn it on with the gamepad if the BIOS supports it. I'm sorry but I can't help you there as this is something I've never done, but something like this might help.

For sliding between stores, maybe check out GOG Galaxy. You can have all your PC games displayed there and launched them from one place, no matter if they are from Steam, GOG or any other platform.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I have that, no issue there, but I want a way I can jump on the couch and grab my controller and fire it up as you would with ps5 or Xbox. Something that can slide between stores would be great too but I suspect that is wishful thinking.
Then you're better off on consoles. If you're going to ignore all the benefits of PCs such as the ability to mod, emulation, and all the rest because you prefer to just fire up the PC and be at a controller GUI with slides, console gaming is the better choice. No point in gaming on PC if you're going to treat it like a console and not take advantage of its benefits.

John Wick

With rest of the components you will have better hardware than in Pro around the same price.

8k is a failed tech. Released like 10 years too soon...
No you won't. You can't build an equivalent PC brand new with a joypad ready to play games for £699.

Lokaum D+

Who doesn't already own a tv though? Bit of a false equivalency I think.
imagine plug in your new brand PC in you already owned 80" TV and you just need a U$ 38 Logitech Wireless Keyboard

mind blow wow GIF

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

damn you can get a mouse with haptics, a mouse speaker, and its wireless? for that cheap? hot damn what a deal.
ow for that u can buy a ps5 controller that is 100% compatible with PC and even has the haptics working, but just to be clear, it dosent need to be a ps5 controller ANY controller in compatible with PC gaming.

Last edited:
I like how he assumes someone buying a PS5 HAS to have a disc-drive, but says go PC, which is basically all digital.

I'm not sure why PC gamers think we want to be PC gamers. It's not the money - I don't want to go back to PC gaming.
Some PC…people are even worse then Xbox people…

Lokaum D+

cant use it for my PC tho, now i need a mouse and a controller? the costs dude.
yeah yeah, you are right, lets buy a U$700 console that offers 45% more performance for 60% more money where i ill be able to play all my PS4 and PS5 already bought physical games at no additional cost, thats what i call a good deal.

tmlDan

yeah yeah, you are right, lets buy a U$700 console that offers 45% more performance for 60% more money where i ill be able to play all my PS4 and PS5 already bought physical games at no additional cost, thats what i call a good deal.
don't have to get mad, it's just the market and costs, enough of this "PC is equivalent" nonsense, it's not. Yes, the Pro is very expensive and likely overpriced but lets just say that instead of comparing it to things with far less features and likely a much higher cost

these PC picker builds are also nonsense with bottlenecks of their own

Eszti

Banned
meanwhile this PC is far more capable than a PS5 with all the things you can actually do on it other than just gaming.
that doesnt matter people whpo buy a console want only gaming. also playing with a pc on the couch fucking sucks with mouse and keyboard i did it for years. nothing beats the comfiness of a pad and simply laying down. a pc will never be as comoftable as a playstation or xbox or nintendo console. thats somethinn you cant buy with money.

Lokaum D+

meanwhile this PC is far more capable than a PS5 with all the things you can actually do on it other than just gaming.
yeap, ppl forget that with this budget PC you can play Nintendo, MS and Sony games all you want and all the other old game in high quality without the need to wait for "next gen patches" and like you said, can be used for more than just gaming.

tmlDan

Please elaborate
I did, it was part of the conversation with the other guy, the controllers features matter, plus the PS5 inherently allows you to record gameplay, acquire trophies, get discounts on games from PS rewards.

There are a lot of tiny features that add up to the whole bundle that are different on PC and less satisfying.

I love my PC but you cannot say the experience is the same, especially for a $700 PC

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
that doesnt matter people whpo buy a console want only gaming. also playing with a pc on the couch fucking sucks with mouse and keyboard i did it for years. nothing beats the comfiness of a pad and simply laying down. a pc will never be as comoftable as a playstation or xbox or nintendo console. thats somethinn you cant buy with money.
You know you can use both a gamepad and a TV on a PC, right? No drivers needed for the couch either. :goog_relieved:

I did, it was part of the conversation with the other guy, the controllers features matter, plus the PS5 inherently allows you to record gameplay, acquire trophies, get discounts on games from PS rewards.
You can record your gameplay on PC too, as well as acquire cheevos on Steam at least. Discounts? Most games are 45€-50€ on release day.

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

dimens-es-gg---2023-09-25t130432-117-ep8s0qcujp.png

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Why dafuq would someone play in the couch using a K+M and not a wireless pad ?

Last edited:

twilo99

Gold Member

There are a lot of tiny features that add up to the whole bundle that are different on PC and less satisfying.

I love my PC but you cannot say the experience is the same, especially for a $700 PC

If you are into rewards and discounts you can all of that with the Xbox integration on PC, and of course Steam offers some sort of reward system as well.

Now, if you are into day 1 PlayStation/Marvel exclusives, that’s a legitimate personal preference.

Eszti

Banned
You know you can use both a gamepad and a TV on a PC, right? No drivers needed for the couch either. :goog_relieved:
of course i do its still not the same . on console its one button on the pad and windows often just doesnt wanna play along. pc gaming became much mor comfy but still far from a console i hear this bs from pc only gamer since the dawn of time tho. so not surprised.

TintoConCasera

and windows often just doesnt wanna play along
Unless you give me some specifics I will have to assume you are just making shit up.

On console is one button. On PC, two buttons (one for the PC and another for the gamepad, if it's wireless).
If that's a deal breaker then man I dunno what to say.

ps: sorry if I sound rude btw. I read complains here all the time about how shit (or just plain impossible) playing PC games on TV is, and it really makes me roll my eyes because it's something I've been doing for many years with 0 issues.

Last edited:

Eszti

Banned
Unless you give me some specifics I will have to assume you are just making shit up.

On console is one button. On PC, two buttons (one for the PC and another for the gamepad, if it's wireless).
then do so, i had this conversation to many times. lets just agree that we dont agree on this matter and move on its that simple. the fact you dont see whats wrong with what you said...didnt knew i can control windows with a pad.

TintoConCasera

then do so, i had this conversation to many times. lets just agree that we dont agree on this matter and move on its that simple. the fact you dont see whats wrong with what you said...
Launching the game with the mouse, then moving to the couch to game there doesn't sound that bad to me.

Still, you could still configure your PC to launch Steam in Big Picture mode so you don't have to deal with that.

didnt knew i can control windows with a pad.
You can, or at least my Xbox gamepad allows me to.

Forgot windows, controller, wifi card, mouse and keyboard
I decided to build what I consider to be a more comparable build through Microcenter and it's around $1100 total including a cheap keyboard with trackpad and controller.

I went ITX so that it was a "similar" size and more akin to console use (a lot of people use desks now with consoles but I'd be willing to bet the majority use a tv), and made sure to have bluetooth/wifi built in as well. I used Microcenter because I can just go pick up everything and have it completed in an hour versus waiting for multiple websites to ship parts. I could have used a different case and saved some money (maybe $20-30?) but I currently use this case and it's great and while I can hear the fans when I'm at my desk they never get loud and when I move it to my TV stand I can never hear them at all.

I would never personally put a big ugly PC case at my tv (well I think 99% of PC cases are fucking ugly anyway so I wouldn't put them at my desk either) and if it was gonna be a console replacement I would only go ITX.

I used the 7700XT but add $100 for a RTX 4070 or $200 for a 4070 Super.

I also went cheaper on more components then I ever would personally but I'm trying to get it as low as I can without sacrificing too much.

Getting a screenshot of the micro center website is trash because they put them in literal lists so here's a link instead.

http://icro.co/K4YaJg4E

Last edited:

tmlDan

If you are into rewards and discounts you can all of that with the Xbox integration on PC, and of course Steam offers some sort of reward system as well.

Now, if you are into day 1 PlayStation/Marvel exclusives, that’s a legitimate personal preference.
I don't want to use any of the "xbox integration" and its like pushing yourself into an entirely different ecosystem from PlayStation and even steam. The rewards system on steam sucks, lets be real.

and you ignored the controller entirely, which adds $100 to the cost of a PC if you add that into having its features as well

Eszti

Banned
Launching the game with the mouse, then moving to the couch to game there doesn't sound that bad to me.

Still, you could still configure your PC to launch Steam in Big Picture mode so you don't have to deal with that.

You can, or at least my Xbox gamepad allows me to.
doesnt matter its still not as comfy. that what this was all about. you are simply think in relative terms. just say yes a nocole is comfier because it is and thats a fact. its that simple i dont kn ow why people aölways need to push to bee in right when it doesnt matter. both platforms have their own strenghts.

yes that xbox pad on windows is just awful i tried it once its pain in the ass. very good argument and in good faith....nevermind lets bury this nonsense discussion.

tmlDan

You can record your gameplay on PC too, as well as acquire cheevos on Steam at least. Discounts? Most games are 45€-50€ on release day.
most games are not that price anywhere, well im canadian so its expensive anywhere, and achievements suck on PC, i have gotten 2 free games this year from PS rewards alone.

You CAN record gameplay on PC, but for a decent experience you get a capture card which is an added expense.

Last edited:
I like how he assumes someone buying a PS5 HAS to have a disc-drive, but says go PC, which is basically all digital.

I'm not sure why PC gamers think we want to be PC gamers. It's not the money - I don't want to go back to PC gaming.
It’s definitely not the money. Like I don’t give a fuck about PC. I have a iPhone 15 Pro Max, Apple Watch Ultra, and i'm going to get the PS5 Pro.

I care way more about my time. I didn’t buy these products cause they are the best for my buck, I bought them cause they respect my time.

TintoConCasera

doesnt matter its still not as comfy. that what this was all about. you are simply think in relative terms. just say yes a nocole is comfier because it is and thats a fact. its that simple i dont kn ow why people aölways need to push to bee in right when it doesnt matter. both platforms have their own strenghts.

yes that xbox pad on windows is just awful i tried it once its pain in the ass. very good argument and in good faith....nevermind lets bury this nonsense discussion.
"doesn't matter", "is comfier because it is and thats a fact"...

I don't know why I bother. :lollipop_neutral:

most games are not that price anywhere, well im canadian so its expensive anywhere, and achievements suck on PC, i have gotten 2 free games this year from PS rewards alone.
Have you checked key reseller sites? I got Space Marine 2 for 45€ (15€ less), and SMT V's deluxe edition for 50€ (20€ less).

When it comes to free games you are never going to beat PC. Epic is always giving stuff away, GOG sometimes does as well and I think even Amazon gives games away as long as you are subscribed to their Prime service (you get to keep the games once the subscription expires).

Can't say much about cheevos on PC and if they suck or not. Never cared about those be it on console or PC but the thing is, they are there.

You CAN record gameplay on PC, but for a decent experience you get a capture card which is an added expense.
Can't really speak much about this since I'm not an expert, but Windows comes with it's own solution for recording gameplay (game bar or some shit) and Steam implemented something like that although it's still on beta.

twilo99

Gold Member
I don't want to use any of the "xbox integration" and its like pushing yourself into an entirely different ecosystem from PlayStation and even steam. The rewards system on steam sucks, lets be real.

and you ignored the controller entirely, which adds $100 to the cost of a PC if you add that into having its features as well

Controllers are not $100 …

And like I said, the rewards things is a personal preference, it’s not like it doesn’t exist on PC.. I’d argue that the Xbox integration is quite generous when it comes to that, especially paired with GP.

Eszti

Banned
So? Still extra money.
yes we can say a lot how slow some thiongs in the consoles are especially the cpu in comparison to modern pcs but the ssd in the ps5 is not one of them its almost top of the line stuff.

i use an

WD_BLACK SN850X​

thats not really faster than a ps5 ssd. i mean sony even forbids or says dont put in ssd with lower than

5.500 MB/s​

the cooler for the ssd is a rip of tho. i put it in without its been finde since years. an ssd in a console will never wotk at 99% li,e in pc who are copying stuff and overwriting or what not.

but all in all comparing a device with a custom apu and custom api and custom operating system to an open windows with dedicated hardware is simply apples to oranges. mayn things in consoles work completely digfferent on pc shared memory. extra chips for audio and other operations and what not. but people still like to compare them even if its not really possible.

tmlDan

Have you checked key reseller sites? I got Space Marine 2 for 45€ (15€ less), and SMT V's deluxe edition for 50€ (20€ less).

When it comes to free games you are never going to beat PC. Epic is always giving stuff away, GOG sometimes does as well and I think even Amazon gives games away as long as you are subscribed to their Prime service (you get to keep the games once the subscription expires).
I do use greenmangaming, but im open to other suggestions

It used to be amazing because they didn't have Canadian as a currency and the direct conversions were always cheaper but its gotten worse and worse over the years

Controllers are not $100 …

And like I said, the rewards things is a personal preference, it’s not like it doesn’t exist on PC.. I’d argue that the Xbox integration is quite generous when it comes to that, especially paired with GP.
im canadian, they're over $100

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I do use greenmangaming, but im open to other suggestions

It used to be amazing because they didn't have Canadian as a currency and the direct conversions were always cheaper but its gotten worse and worse over the years
I mostly use instant-gaming, been doing so for a few years and never had any problem with their keys, plus they always deliver on time and even let you preorder keys.

That said, I pay in €, so I can't tell if it's better than greenmangaming for people paying with CAD.

Last edited:

ps: sorry if I sound rude btw. I read complains here all the time about how shit (or just plain impossible) playing PC games on TV is, and it really makes me roll my eyes because it's something I've been doing for many years with 0 issues.

I've also done it for a couple of years. Wasting my time trying to get it to be as good as console and it's just not. It comes very close but it's just not as good as consoles and I have no idea why PC gamers like to pretend their couch experience is exactly like a console. Sure it's a bunch of a little things that make it not as good but it adds up and becomes a pain. Especially when you're in the middle of a game and your friends wants you to join your party chat. It's a PIA with a controller.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

So you want the ultra comfy experience huh.

Well if the PC is completely turned off I don't know if you'll be able to do anything. If it's suspended tho, you might be able to turn it on with the gamepad if the BIOS supports it. I'm sorry but I can't help you there as this is something I've never done, but something like this might help.

For sliding between stores, maybe check out GOG Galaxy. You can have all your PC games displayed there and launched them from one place, no matter if they are from Steam, GOG or any other platform.
Appreciate it, thanks!

Zathalus

i am the only smart one that take in considearation optimization on consoles?

This has been proved to be true on ALL console generations. PS3 had 256+256mb of ram. Find me a goddamn pc that can run Killzone 2 / 3, MGS4, GTA 5 and many other titles with that amount of ram! The same has been proved with PS4 and PS5 too. HFW require 3070 in order to run 4k (native) @30fps. PS5 does the same with its gpu (in rez mode), which is not comparable to a 3070.
You don’t need a 3070 for native 4K 30fps at PS5 settings. You can do it with a 4060/3060ti. Probably a 2080 as well.

Top Bottom