• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro vs Rough Equivalent PC Specs

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I've also done it for a couple of years. Wasting my time trying to get it to be as good as console and it's just not. It comes very close but it's just not as good as consoles and I have no idea why PC gamers like to pretend their couch experience is exactly like a console. Sure it's a bunch of a little things that make it not as good but it adds up and becomes a pain. Especially when you're in the middle of a game and your friends wants you to join your party chat. It's a PIA with a controller.
I dunno man. All I do is launch the game, sit on my couch and play. I'd say this covers 99% of the use cases, although you make a good point with the party chat thing. Wonder if there's some kind of discord app that lets you use it with a gamepad on PC, but I'm not into that kind of stuff (I mostly play single-player stuff)

Appreciate it, thanks!
np! hope it helps.

Ebrietas

Most people already have a pc or laptop that they work on… i find this such a strange argument.
A smartphone +/- a budget ultralight laptop is all most people need and would rather use for work, school and web browsing these days. Not some expensive behemoth power hungry gaming desktop. “Yeah but can you type a word document on your console?” Isn’t the flex some people think it is.

And if we’re that desperate to point out non gaming functions on pc then we have to the same for console. The ps5 doubles as an ultra hd blu ray player and streaming device. That can save you from buying $300-400 of extra devices.

One thing that these comparisons miss is mods. There are mods that can improve performance, image quality, and add content. Some even expand gameplay mechanics. Consoles miss out on all of those. With such a huge omission it is difficult to consider consoles the definitive way to play. For those content with the preset experience offered by console releases the ease of use is hard to beat.
Why is he including the disk drive in the cost of the PS5 Pro but not including a disk drive in his PC build?
Because all current PC releases are only released digitally. This has been the standard for over a decade.

Last edited:
cuz price
The PS5 pro is expensive but lets be real you can't build PC that can do 4k/60 FPS for under $800.

A PC does have more value but a solid PC will cost a lot more than a PS5 pro. This is why the comparison don't make sense.

You got to also factor in that consoles are more convenient to use for the average consumer vs pc, its not a one to one comparison.

You should replace the GPU with an Nvidia card since there is no PSSR on AMD.
XeSS and Lossless Scaling are perfect substitutes for DLSS (which has more limited support). For Unreal Engine 4+ games there is even TSR. AMD is a valid option for a mid-range build. Of course, the high end cards like 4090, which practically need their own power supply are only available from NVIDIA. However, NVIDIA's mid-range cards just don't have as good of a cost to performance ratio as AMD.

Last edited:

Shane89

Yes, this generation is equivalent to a 2070s or a 6700, and there's multiple videos with comparisons from DF showing the same performance on most games.

Alan Wake 2 which is, with Wukong and Cyberpunk, the best looking games this generation, runs around 50% better in a 3070 over a PS5 IIRC
Because they are multiplatform games, not specifically made for a specific console hardware, and then not optimized enough to use that hardware.

Last edited:

readonly

Neo Member
I like how he assumes someone buying a PS5 HAS to have a disc-drive, but says go PC, which is basically all digital.

I'm not sure why PC gamers think we want to be PC gamers. It's not the money - I don't want to go back to PC gaming.
Not to mention a lot of buyers have a base PS5 that they can get $300 or more for to put towards the Pro.

Because they are multiplatform games, not specifically made for a specific console hardware, and then not optimized enough to use that hardware.
I see, but these multiplatform games, like Hellblade 2 or Alan Wake 2 are currently the best looking games uhm.

Also, future Sony games will be made for a specific console called Playstation 5, then upscaled to Pro.

And i saw DF's video of Horizon: FW and they compare it with a 2070s saying it's pretty similar, just a few drops in cutscenes and a few other moments, no big difference, and if you talk about the 4K 30 FPS version, that's not some console secret sauce, that's called 8GB GPU struggling with textures, but the 4070 and the 7700xt-7800xt are all 12gb-16gb VRAM cards.

mdkirby

The conversations always seem to omit the reality that PC versions of major multiplatforms games keep releasing in broken unoptimised states. How much more power ($$$$) do you need to pump in to counter the shitty optimisation by developers, who have spent all the optimisation time on the console version thinking “pc players can just brute force it”. So even if it was possible to build a 100% total like for like equivalent (which it’s not), you still wouldn’t get the same performance out of it.

Also ignores a big reason people use consoles, which has nothing to do with power or money, which is “you just plug it into your tele near your sofa and it just works”. I got sick of pc gaming many many years ago, but had a teaser of what it’s still like from one of our helldivers group, the only one on the PC version, it would constantly drop games, he had to drop his graphics settings to absolute ass level or it would kick him so frequently it was unplayable. He told us how he had to start deleting and replacing files in registries, had to do all sort of random driver updates etc. it became a persistent joke, so much so he’d almost been bullied into buying a ps5. meanwhile, we’re just playing the game from day one, but installing it, pushing a button and your in it from console boot up in under 10 seconds.

Peoples partners are also much more likely to contend with a console in the living room than a pc, and I’m not sure my wife would be happy if I disappeared to a man cave every evening to play from a monitor.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
XeSS and Lossless Scaling are perfect substitutes for DLSS (which has more limited support). For Unreal Engine 4+ games there is even TSR. AMD is a valid option for a mid-range build. Of course, the high end cards like 4090, which practically need their own power supply are only available from NVIDIA. However, NVIDIA's mid-range cards just don't have as good of a cost to performance ratio as AMD.
Not really. XeSS often looks and runs worse on non-Intel hardware. Lossless scaling most definitely isn't a substitute. TSR is shit.

The conversations always seem to omit the reality that PC versions of major multiplatforms games keep releasing in broken unoptimised states. How much more power ($$$$) do you need to pump in to counter the shitty optimisation by developers, who have spent all the optimisation time on the console version thinking “pc players can just brute force it”. So even if it was possible to build a 100% total like for like equivalent (which it’s not), you still wouldn’t get the same performance out of it.

Also ignores a big reason people use consoles, which has nothing to do with power or money, which is “you just plug it into your tele near your sofa and it just works”. I got sick of pc gaming many many years ago, but had a teaser of what it’s still like from one of our helldivers group, the only one on the PC version, it would constantly drop games, he had to drop his graphics settings to absolute ass level or it would kick him so frequently it was unplayable. He told us how he had to start deleting and replacing files in registries, had to do all sort of random driver updates etc. it became a persistent joke, so much so he’d almost been bullied into buying a ps5. meanwhile, we’re just playing the game from day one, but installing it, pushing a button and your in it from console boot up in under 10 seconds.

Peoples partners are also much more likely to contend with a console in the living room than a pc, and I’m not sure my wife would be happy if I disappeared to a man cave every evening to play from a monitor.
Yea Right GIF

People here convinced me that I'm one of the chosen few who has almost no issues with his PC.

Last edited:
I really hope PSSR upscaling is a system override as FSR2 sucks in my experience on PC and, especially, on consoles. It might be a 'free' technology, meant for all, but that doesn't mean it's good! AMD need to try harder... a lot harder to come close to what NVIDIA offer with DLSS. My hope is that PSSR, being AI enhanced, will come close but we'll see.

Tsaki

PSSR is Nvidia tech?
It's not AMD tech either. It's Sony's own AI reconstruction technique that uses bespoke hardware to accelerate this specific function, like Nvidia uses Tensor cores for DLSS.
Though at this point we'll have to know how good the resulting image quality is for PSSR and we don't have it yet. But I'd guess that if they saw fit to give up precious silicon space for it, it'd be because the results were demonstrably better than the general use of FSR or XeSS.

Sure but XeSS gets extra boost on Nvidia hardware than it does on AMD. And it would also be more competitive with the RDNA4 RT units in the Pro instead of RDNA3.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife

Dude, I have a 4070 Super which is supposed to be mid-range and I'm playing all the new stuff at 4K (DLSS) and 60fps.

Also, whatever happened to your friend (assuming he's a real person) is not the norm in any way.

Arizona Circle GIF by Rooster Teeth

Zathalus

People here convinced me that I'm one of the chosen few who has almost no issues with his PC.
Nah dude, you’re not alone. I also have very little issues with my PC and despite the ongoing battle against stutter struggle it beats being locked to some of the performance or resolutions we have seen from recent console releases. I played Space Marine 2 on my PS5 for a bit and it was legit as if someone smeared by monitor with Vaseline and it still had the audacity to run well under the VRR window.

Not really. XeSS often looks and runs worse on non-Intel hardware. Lossless scaling most definitely isn't a substitute. TSR is shit.
I have tested all of these on an NVidia GPU on a handful of games and DLSS has the worst artifacts and worst sharpness even if TSR and XeSS are more expensive. I have had better results with Lossless Scaling on an AMD GPU of similar specs in those same games to my amazement.

P.S. There is no debate about AMD's FSR being trash, but the GPU brand independent alternatives can give results just as good if not better.

Last edited:

Zathalus

I have tested all of these on an NVidia GPU on a handful of games and DLSS has the worst artifacts and worst sharpness even if TSR and XeSS are more expensive. I have had better results with Lossless Scaling on an AMD GPU in those same games to my amazement.
Your experience is in the extreme minority then. It’s almost unanimously agreed that DLSS>XeSS>TSR>FSR for upscaling and DLSS>FSR>Lossless for frame generation.

Gaiff

I have tested all of these on an NVidia GPU on a handful of games and DLSS has the worst artifacts and worst sharpness even if TSR and XeSS are more expensive. I have had better results with Lossless Scaling on an AMD GPU of similar specs in those same games to my amazement.
Increase the sharpening of DLSS. Problem solved.

DLSS with the worst artifacts when it's been tested extensively and ran away with the crown every time? I don't think so.

Increase the sharpening of DLSS. Problem solved.

DLSS with the worst artifacts when it's been tested extensively and ran away with the crown every time? I don't think so.
I have and it looked like a TV sharpening setting turned up instead of an image quality upgrade. It is way overrated.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby

Good thing console games don't have performance/optimization/visual issues... *looks at Elden Ring, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, Alan Wake II, Dragon's Dogma 2, Cyberpunk 2077, Dead Space, Starfield, Ghostwhire Tokyo, etc.. etc..*

oh

Last edited:

Gaiff

I have and it looked like a TV sharpening setting turned up instead of an image quality upgrade.
Not sure what’s wrong with your computer in that case. It’s widely accepted that DLSS is the best and there has been extensive coverage comparing the different solutions and DLSS beat XeSS almost every time even when the latter was running on Intel hardware. Never mind NVIDIA or AMD.

Mark Cerny said that the PS5 pro will be 3x faster in RT compared to the base PS5 (6600XT). If he was right, the PS5 Pro GPU should score 63fps in this test, just 1 fps below 7900XT.

90904_untitled-13.png

Last edited:
Not sure what’s wrong with your computer in that case. It’s widely accepted that DLSS is the best and there has been extensive coverage comparing the different solutions and DLSS beat XeSS almost every time even when the latter was running on Intel hardware. Never mind NVIDIA or AMD.
I don't know what to tell you. During high intensity action and racing it took the piss. Maybe it looks better when you are standing in place.

cormack12

Gold Member
Be that of its may there are so many options for PC. Mouse and keyboards can be found for a few dollars depending on how cheap you're willing to go with limitless options. There's budget options or you can go on the upper market and have really nice and premium custom keyboards and lightweight gaming mice. Or you can reuse any old USB keyboard and mouse.

The same goes for controllers. Theres so many options. Chinese manufacters killing it in the budget option to high end elite Controllers. Or you can just plug in an old controller you have lying around that supports USB. Or get a wireless dongle if they have one or is bluetooth compatible. And to make it more user friendly for the living room have it boot into big picture mode on Steam.

Licences for Windows can be found on key sites for around $15. Valve is most likely going to make SteamOS a viable alternative to Windows and be a console like experience, if MS doesn't get there first with new PC Xbox.

The same could be said about consoles and accessories too. And services. You need to add a sub if you want to play online and if your controller breaks for any reason you're going to have to stump out another $70 or however much to replace it. And USB devices that are supported by Sony and said console. No HDMI 2.1? No VRR. In a non open platform Sony dictates what you can use on their hardware.

There is a learning curve to playing on PC and not that suited to the living room (yet) so its not recommended for all, without some knowledge prior but there are some massive benefits to going open platform. And you may realise that you are spending more on a closed ecosystem in the long run.
I'm not saying PCs don't offer benefits, just they are not there with a console experience. Something like the NUC 970 is premium, maybe a Trident 3 too. Some licenses can be claimed with certain GPUs but they are left out of picklists. We're talking about premium hardware here though (which I also consider the PS5 Pro). Why would you cheap out on components just to bring the budget down for comparable effect would be my question.

It's just not a console experience.

A windows license. What fucking year is this? 1998?

Mouse and keyboard and controller, so you also need to factor in mouse and keyboard for a console?

Monitor? So we’re assuming everyone just has a TV good enough for a good console gaming experience? Do we do the same for monitors? Oh, wait, we don’t.

What a nonsensical post.
xx4m-G.gif

Consoles don't need a mouse/keyboard so why would anyone buy one lol? Good luck setting up your PC, changing memory speeds etc in the BIOS with a 360 controller.

If people are using part pickers then they need to specify where the extra cards are absorbed e.g. Windows licenses come with some MSI cards I think but then that MSI card should be in the list.

No one has a £5000 TV, that's a tiny tiny percentage of high end AV enthusiasts. Nearly everyone will have a TV, and the base TV these days is probably HDR, 42", 4k between £600-£1300. People use it for Disney, Prime, Netflix etc which has 4K content in HDR/Dolby Vision. Most consoles will produce a decent picture whatever and yeah some fifa or cod dudes won't even notice on their 1080 panels.

Why would you have a monitor lying round? You're not going to be playing games on a shitty display if you're in the market for a PS5 Pro or an equivalent TV. And then you have to talk dedicated spaces like desks and then a chair unless you're dragging your armchair or poang up to a table too.

DanielG165

I do like how 2 of Sony’s, “big 3” things for the PS5 Pro are essentially the same thing. A more powerful/larger GPU, and more “advanced RT” go hand-in-hand. They’re not separate entities, because one is directly responsible for the other lol. So really, it’s the big 2: bigger GPU, PSSR.

Gaiff

I don't know what to tell you. During high intensity action and racing it took the piss. Maybe it looks better when you are standing in place.
Dunno. Been tested in motion by DF, HU, GN, and others and DLSS always won.
Consoles don't need a mouse/keyboard so why would anyone buy one lol? Good luck setting up your PC, changing memory speeds etc in the BIOS with a 360 controller.
PCs don't need controllers. Besides, who doesn't have a controller these days? They all work on PC, unlike your Xbox controller that only works on Xbox.
No one has a £5000 TV, that's a tiny tiny percentage of high end AV enthusiasts. Nearly everyone will have a TV, and the base TV these days is probably HDR, 42", 4k between £600-£1300. People use it for Disney, Prime, Netflix etc which has 4K content in HDR/Dolby Vision. Most consoles will produce a decent picture whatever and yeah some fifa or cod dudes won't even notice on their 1080 panels.
Yeah, most people have TVs, but we're supposed to believe that most people don't have PC compatible controllers, mouse and keyboards, or Windows. They need to buy those separately because they magically disappear when they're shopping for a PC. You want a good TV with HDR, VRR, HDMI 2+, and 120Hz support for your consoles. You don't want the crap random LED TV you bought for $500.
Why would you have a monitor lying round? You're not going to be playing games on a shitty display if you're in the market for a PS5 Pro or an equivalent TV. And then you have to talk dedicated spaces like desks and then a chair unless you're dragging your armchair or poang up to a table too.
Yet you implied a shitty 1080p TV is fine for consoles? Yeah, not being disingenuous at all here.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Mark Cerny said that the PS5 pro will be 3x faster in RT compared to the base PS5 (6600XT). If he was right, the PS5 Pro GPU should score 63fps in this test, just 1 fps below 7900XT.

90904_untitled-13.png

No he didn't. He said "calculation of the rays at double, or even triple the speed of the Playstation 5". Whatever that means.

Even if ray calculation WAS 3x faster, that doesn't mean it's 3x faster overall. Ray calculation is one small portion of the render pipeline.

hinch7

I'm not saying PCs don't offer benefits, just they are not there with a console experience. Something like the NUC 970 is premium, maybe a Trident 3 too. Some licenses can be claimed with certain GPUs but they are left out of picklists. We're talking about premium hardware here though (which I also consider the PS5 Pro). Why would you cheap out on components just to bring the budget down for comparable effect would be my question.

It's just not a console experience.
And it doesn't have to be. A PC is what you want it to be, and being an open platform you cna install what you want on it. It might not be well suited for a home console experience just yet. But companies can make them like one. You can see that already with devices like the Steam Deck and ROG Ally. The building blocks are already there for the most part. Microsoft could very well bring that with the next Xbox.

I was just talking from a value perspective there's a common misconception for those that are not so knowlegable about PC software and hardware, that it is flat out more expensive than consoles. When the answer is a lot more nuanced than that. Its just open verses closed ecosystems I was talking about mostly and that peripherials are a huge part of that.

Like for example I could reuse a PS3 controller and plug it into my PC, download some drivers and boom works. Xbox 360 controller, no problem. Heck, if the motherboard doesn't support BT get a £5-10 dongle. Old LCD monitor with DVI sure, can run games at the resolution too, natively.

Last edited:
Because all current PC releases are only released digitally. This has been the standard for over a decade.
That is a shit argument because all console releases are also released digitally. As far as I'm aware there are no physical only releases.

There is no reason to add the disc drive to the cost of the Pro if the point is comparing it to a PC. It's just people artificially inflating the cost in order to even the "playing field" with price.

It's the same thing as when people are like well PS+ is ___ a year so you gotta add 6 years of that when PS+ is not mandatory, or when people are like well you need a monitor and a desk and a gaming keyboard/mouse when they want to make PC look more expensive then it is. Or when people are like "hurr durr can you make a fucking spreadsheet on your console?". I know one person IRL that uses their gaming PC for anything work related (video editing), and every single other person either uses a Mac, Windows laptop, or their phone/tablet for everything else.

People will always purposefully make their chosen device look better in comparisons. Console wars never died, the sides just switched platforms.

pudel

In the end the price gap between PS and a reasonable PC just became closer. I think nobody can deny that. But i can also understand that longtime consoleros still prefer their console over a PC. A console is way more easier to use (just plug and play) and you still have a few "AAA" exclusives. If thats enough for people, I am fine with that. And Sony will be happy to know this as well. ;) I just hope Nvidia isnt watching this show too closely and come to the wrong conclusions. :messenger_hushed:

That is a shit argument because all console releases are also released digitally. As far as I'm aware there are no physical only releases.

There is no reason to add the disc drive to the cost of the Pro if the point is comparing it to a PC. It's just people artificially inflating the cost in order to even the "playing field" with price.
Bottom line is for less than the cost of a game you can add resale value to console purchases in physical format. Many opt to do so, but on PC the choice no longer exists. For many popular GaaS titles a simple $300 iPad analogue suffices. Hell, the $250 Steam Deck is sufficient, but most don't consider it even without an extra service subscription to play online.
Some are pretty much forced to buy the drive to play their physical PS4/5 library.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
PCs don't need controllers. Besides, who doesn't have a controller these days? They all work on PC, unlike your Xbox controller that only works on Xbox.
They don't but trying to play certain games without one is going to be terrible - like most RTS on console (unless its an excellent do-over). Even FPS now have a massive PC controller using contingent - this would have been unthinkable 15 years ago.

Yeah, most people have TVs, but we're supposed to believe that most people don't have PC compatible controllers, mouse and keyboards, or Windows. They need to buy those separately because they magically disappear when they're shopping for a PC. You want a good TV with HDR, VRR, HDMI 2+, and 120Hz support for your consoles. You don't want the crap random LED TV you bought for $500.

I don't know what this point is. People will buy a reasonable TV and it will come with 'passable' tech and features to gain the compliance badges. You can't fool people with a 19" business monitor that has none of those features. If you were to plug a PS5 into an average TV it would look good. If you plugged it into an average business monitor it would look bad though probably have good response tbf.

Yet you implied a shitty 1080p TV is fine for consoles? Yeah, not being disingenuous at all here.

I think you read that wrong. I just said there are a contingent of bedroom players who have 1080p panels and just play COD/FIFA. Those in college/high school etc. who don't really give a shit about the intricacies were talking about.

I've spent the last month or so going back and forward on whether to get an SFF PC and every time I'm going to bite the extra expense, hassle and barriers just get in the way. Even things like Playnite still aren't quite there. And that's not even considering the library of games that wouldn't be available.

Like all PS1, PS2, PS3, Switch, SNES, etc, games??
If we are talking about the PS5 which we obviously are then all releases are digital and any of the games from those consoles releasing on PS5 will be digital as well. We aren't comparing a fucking PS2 to a PC now are we?

I also don't want to hear and won't bother responding to some bullshit emulation comment. You also aren't arguing with a console only person so you can forget to make those type of comments as well.
Bottom line is for less than the cost of a game you can add resale value to console purchases in physical format. Many opt to do so, but on PC the choice no longer exists. For many popular GaaS titles a simple $300 iPad analogue suffices. Hell, the $250 Steam Deck is sufficient, but most don't consider it even without an extra service subscription to play online.
The disc drive definitely adds value (though it's more than a game), but it's disingenuous to add it when it's not mandatory to play games on the console. I'm not talking about you obviously, and simply referencing the original comparison.

Last edited:

Gaiff

They don't but trying to play certain games without one is going to be terrible - like most RTS on console (unless its an excellent do-over). Even FPS now have a massive PC controller using contingent - this would have been unthinkable 15 years ago.
Because of the insane aim-assist of controllers lol. It's not because they're any good.
I don't know what this point is. People will buy a reasonable TV and it will come with 'passable' tech and features to gain the compliance badges. You can't fool people with a 19" business monitor that has none of those features. If you were to plug a PS5 into an average TV it would look good. If you plugged it into an average business monitor it would look bad though probably have good response tbf.
Point is, you want to add the cost of a controller, mouse+keyboard, and Windows to PC to inflate the final price. Again, who doesn't have an Xbox or PS controller lying around? Console controllers have been working on PC without issue since the Xbox 360 days. Who doesn't have a mouse and keyboard? Who doesn't have an old PC with Windows from which they can simply transfer their license to the new PC?

No he didn't. He said "calculation of the rays at double, or even triple the speed of the Playstation 5". Whatever that means.

Even if ray calculation WAS 3x faster, that doesn't mean it's 3x faster overall. Ray calculation is one small portion of the render pipeline.
Raytracing performance makes a huge difference in modern games dude. For example, in raster games my 4080S is not that much faster than a 3090, but in heavy RT games like Black Myth Wukong I get 2.5x more fps.

I'm sure Digital Foundry will be doing some comparisons between the PS5Pro and the PC. I'm expecting 7900XT like performance in RT games but we will see.

And by the way. If the AI powered upscaling in PS5Pro will look as good as DLSS, even 1080p upscaled to 4K will look excellent. I played a few games on my PC at 4K DLSS performance (1080p upscaled to 4K) and the image quality still looked great.

Because of the insane aim-assist of controllers lol. It's not because they're any good.

Point is, you want to add the cost of a controller, mouse+keyboard, and Windows to PC to inflate the final price. Again, who doesn't have an Xbox or PS controller lying around? Console controllers have been working on PC without issue since the Xbox 360 days. Who doesn't have a mouse and keyboard? Who doesn't have an old PC with Windows from which they can simply transfer their license to the new PC?
I think you are underestimating the amount of people that have no sort of computer, let alone a desktop with a monitor and everything else. Outside of the gaming/tech enthusiast forum mindset a good amount of people do all of their computing on laptops, tablets, and phones.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Raytracing performance makes a huge difference in modern games dude. For example, in raster games my 4080S is not that much faster than a 3090, but in heavy RT games like Black Myth Wukong I get 2.5x more fps.

I'm sure Digital Foundry will be doing some comparisons between the PS5Pro and the PC. I'm expecting 7900XT like performance in RT games but we will see.

And by the way. If the AI powered upscaling in PS5Pro will look as good as DLSS, even 1080p upscaled to 4K will look excellent. I played a few games on my PC at 4K DLSS performance (1080p upscaled to 4K) and the image quality still looked great.

Obviously raytracing performance makes a huge difference. But taking Cerny saying "calculation of the rays at double, or even triple the speed of the Playstation 5" and then just tripling the framerate from 21 to 63 is a ridiculously silly and asinine assumption to make in what to expect performance-wise.

Also, how would you know if PSSR is going to look as good as DLSS? Have you had a PS5 on-hand and performed in-depth analysis..? No...? Of course you haven't. None of us know at this point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom