• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puck You, I'm Doing Me: An EASHL Saga: From Foes to Bros

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Kobe-Bryant_article_story_main.jpg

TheCrow

GG, we're actually respectable now. At some point we made 3 passes in the neutral zone(?) before attacking. Not bad at all.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I reccomend party chat next time. The game cuts off the communication too quickly after the game ends. Which is a killer in OT games

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Great wins last night!

What time are we starting tonight? I should be available after 8PM EST. Hit me up on AIM if you want to get some games in.

Not sure if I'll be around tonight or not. But good luck!

You too busy having a life!!?

And I actually like goalie, except when some goals go in where it's just weird...there were a few where it almost seemed like I couldn't move off a rebound

Playing goalie is one of the most fun yet most frustrating things with this game.

Does your dude sometimes randomly fall even if you don't call? It seemed like my guy was just weak, or maybe I pressed buttons and didn't realize it

also what is this boost we get if we have ahuman goalie

Marvie_3

Banned
Does your dude sometimes randomly fall even if you don't call? It seemed like my guy was just weak, or maybe I pressed buttons and didn't realize it

also what is this boost we get if we have ahuman goalie

Yeah, they goalies do all sorts of wonky shit.

The more players you have in EASHL games, the more points you earn towards your club's rank.

BigAT

I reccomend party chat next time. The game cuts off the communication too quickly after the game ends. Which is a killer in OT games

Yeah, this is an absolutely stupid decision by EA. Cut off communication as soon as the most exciting play of the game happens. Plus it would be look over the postgame stats and talk about them. Pretty sure it's the same way in Madden as well.

Yeah, they goalies do all sorts of wonky shit.

The more players you have in EASHL games, the more points you earn towards your club's rank.

Aw damn. I thought it would get all our players higher grades, like if you got an A+ in stats it would count twice or something haha

Yeah, this is an absolutely stupid decision by EA. Cut off communication as soon as the most exciting play of the game happens. Plus it would be look over the postgame stats and talk about them. Pretty sure it's the same way in Madden as well.

Exactly, I remember after CB's OT goal either he or someone kept saying "fuck yes fuck yes fuc------" *silence*

BigAT

Is there any penalty for leaving a drop-in game early? Had one where our center just put down his controller and walked away in the first period that I bailed out on.

Smokey

last night on the mic were some classic moments including that awkward noise that i still have no idea who or what it belonged to

McNei1y

last night on the mic were some classic moments including that awkward noise that i still have no idea who or what it belonged to

it was like a scream or a yell. it was funny shit. I find this game way too funny playing with you guys.

Also, I'd like to be around tonight so we'll see.

TheCrow

it was like a scream or a yell. it was funny shit. I find this game way too funny playing with you guys.

Also, I'd like to be around tonight so we'll see.

At times I was laughing so much that my guy would just be standing in the corner all by himself.

BigAT

I really wish that the CPU would just take over sometimes, just smother the puck and not let people call for the goalie to pass in drop-in games. I swear every game there's someone that, no matter how surrounding the goalie is, insists on having him pass the puck out EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's like playing with 4 Bobs.

BigAT

Nah, I meant I thought you'd progress more after winning a few games. On the last two games I played last night I was A+. A+. A. Still only 80 points. I don't get how you ever progress.

It seems like the only progression you hit is ranking up each level, which basically boils down purely to wins and has little to do with grades (you just need to keep above the minimum threshold, which is rather low). That aspect is a little disappointing to me, I was under the impression that there were rewards/progression as long as you played your position properly, regardless of the outcome of the game.

That and the whole pay-to-play shit is obnoxious as well.

eznark

Banned
It seems like the only progression you hit is ranking up each level, which basically boils down purely to wins and has little to do with grades (you just need to keep above the minimum threshold, which is rather low). That aspect is a little disappointing to me, I was under the impression that there were rewards/progression as long as you played your position properly, regardless of the outcome of the game.

Yeah, the seeming absurdly impossible rate of progression makes the booster packs really, really disgusting. Once we start winning enough games that we're getting beat based only on the fact that we haven't all paid to be 80+ players I'll be trading in the game.

For now it's rad though!

LukeSmith

Yeah, the seeming absurdly impossible rate of progression makes the booster packs really, really disgusting. Once we start winning enough games that we're getting beat based only on the fact that we haven't all paid to be 80+ players I'll be trading in the game.

For now it's rad though!

If we could gift packs, I would level your racist skater

Marvie_3

Banned
Nah, I meant I thought you'd progress more after winning a few games. On the last two games I played last night I was A+. A+. A. Still only 80 points. I don't get how you ever progress.

You'll eventually get more than 80 points for a rank up.

TheCrow

You do unlock boost packs depending on your performance in games. I know I got a couple more unlocked after our games last night.

eznark

Banned
If we could gift packs, I would level your racist skater

I would burn my xbox to the ground first!

I love a well done micro-transaction system (like Dota, LoL, GW2 and Tribes) but fucking despise the nickel and dime bullshit in the EA sports games. So annoying.

Hopefully it either goes faster or we don't run into too many situations where it matters. As long as we play against similar teams I give no shits.

LukeSmith

I like this marvie dude. Popping in, offering some helpful advice, probably laughing to himself at the bob highlight reel that is growing

Top Bottom