• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puppeteer |OT| $40, No Strings Attached

btkadams

it feels like this was announced sooo long ago. i'm excited to finally play it. i preordered at futureshop during e3 for only $28.

Bundy

Banned
I hate this kind of thing. One should buy games they want to play, games they like. You shouldn't buy something just to support a genre.

If that was the case I'd just buy two copies of Rayman Legends because I want to support 60fps platformers and I don't mind less and less 30fps platformers. Instead I'll buy this and I'm not even buying Legends because I still didn't play through Origins so I can wait.
Blah!
What I meant:
If you are interested in this game, GO BUY IT!
Don't wait until it bombas or else, stop crying if we see less and less platformers by the big major publishers.
Detailed enough for you?

I basicly opted out from buying Splinter Cell Blackist and GTAV for this game after trying the demo, game has me very interested in it

overcast

Ugh. I don't have the money for this with Legends, KH 1.5, and GTAV coming.

I am definitely getting it by the end of the year though. Especially if there is a decent B2G1 deal this fall.

wouwie

The demo was fantastic and i can't wait to continue the adventure. I have been on a media blackout so i have no clue what lies beyond the demo but at this point, this is my most anticipated game of the year. It's going to be interesting to see the review scores on friday. Most previews i've read have been positive so i'm wondering if that will remain the case for the full game.

I pre-ordered on PSN for the soundtrack, which was great in the demo.

Carl

So looking forward to this one. Demo was lovely. Beautiful artstyle and plays really well. Plus, only £25? Amazing :)

Rayman Legends is already disappointing? What?

I think it is as well,
biggest disappointment for me this generation given it's prequel was so good.

Puppeteer looks great from what i've seen, if it plays half as good as it looks then it's going to be a contender for game of the year.
Although with donkey kong in december, i'm certain it'll have tough competition.

Espada

Day 1

BUY THIS GAME, PEOPLE!

If not, stop crying if we see less and less platformers in the future!

Yup, I'm definitely getting this day one. I still haven't decided whether to preorder, though.

But what you said can't be stressed enough. If we want to see more of these kinds of games made, we have to support them. It feels really good to see 2D platformers NOT relegated to a $5-15 price point in a digital storefront.

Brilliant thread title. Will day 1 this so hard. Can't stop thinking about shadows of the damned when playing this lol.

it feels like this was announced sooo long ago. i'm excited to finally play it. i preordered at futureshop during e3 for only $28.

Yeah, same here. It feels weird we're at release. For some reason, this game's early days stick with me the most where we had no footage or low quality teasers.

7782019114_c39cdbb56f_z.jpg

I love how the levels are illuminated by spotlights and project shadows.

Silent protaganist is fine for fairy tale-like games....when its a realistic game then thats when i have issues

I just hate it in general, no matter the genre or tone. It really dusts my doilies when the lead stands around staring into oblivion while a side character prattles on and on to him or herself in some one-sided conversation that makes no sense and usually lends the scene zero drama. A protagonist with an actual personality does wonders when keeping me engaged in what's happening on screen.

But that's pretty much the only slight I have against Puppeteer.

Carl

Reading this thread shows how bad of a job Sony has done with showing this game off. Even people on GAF don't know what it is :(

VanWinkle

Only thing I didn't like about the demo is how jump height is the same whether you tap x or hold it. I want more control over the jump height. I mean, obviously the game will be designed around not having variable jump heights, but I feel like that limits its platforming a bit.

Still, super excited.

Reading this thread shows how bad of a job Sony has done with showing this game off. Even people on GAF don't know what it is :(

It's pretty damn sad, yeah. This game has so much charm, I think it could actually do very well with good marketing.

No US demo, right?

The demo is only available to download on the EU store, but it's a piss-easy procedure to set up an EU account and get it that way. No risk involved.

Just be warned that, if you're going to get the demo, it's a hefty size. 5.7GB or so.

Only thing I didn't like about the demo is how jump height is the same whether you tap x or hold it. I want more control over the jump height. I mean, obviously the game will be designed around not having variable jump heights, but I feel like that limits its platforming a bit.

Still, super excited.

I so agree! Jumping being the same no matter how hard you press the button nagged me a bit too.

Midou

Still, super excited.

After LBP's floaty ass jumps I kind of like a more standard jump, but I know what you mean.

So this has a PS+ discount on the NA PSN store. The pre-order is going for $35.99. It would be nice if Sony did this more often, at least with their first party games.

Top Bottom