• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puppeteer |OT| $40, No Strings Attached

Amazon have the game with the theatrical pack for the low, low price of £25. (how much was it at TGC?)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CMKPSXK/

It was £21.95 with TGC. But I've never shopped with them before and it didn't include the pre-order bonuses, so I got cold feet. Amazon are dependable, but if I don't pay extra for first class deliver then I'll probably have to wait until the following week to play the game. ShopTo are only charging 85p more and I know they'll get it to me by Thursday at the latest.

It was £21.95 with TGC. But I've never shopped with them before and it didn't include the pre-order bonuses, so I got cold feet. Amazon are dependable, but if I don't pay extra for first class deliver then I'll probably have to wait until the following week to play the game. ShopTo are only charging 85p more and I know they'll get it to me by Thursday at the latest.

Yeah, Amazon aren't the greatest any more when it comes to delivering games on release day if you don't pay for 1st class.

I'm pretty tempted to download it from PSN and keep my Amazon order. Finding out you can pre-load ha thrown me for a loop and having it on the hard-drive would be more convenient...

THey're fine, I think there is a bit of a issue with judging just how far the scissors can reach in terms of getting contact with cut-able material, but otherwise fine.

Thanks for the reply. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

I guess I'll have to pick this up after I've platinumed Rayman Legends.
So does this have two player coop or is the two players thing separate from the story?
It has 2 player co-op on the single player campaing but it isn't like NSMB or Rayman. Player 2 controls a flying character that can interract with the backround to find items or help with enemies ect. and does zero platforming. When playing alone you control the character with the right analogue but the actions of the character are more limited.

Carl

To be honest, i was a bit surprised myself. I haven't pre-ordered anything before on PSN so i'm not sure if it's normal or not? In my downloadlist, there was a link to download the game and install it (just like any other PSN game). I took a while (10.5Gb download + install) but i now have a Puppeteer icon in my XMB. When i click it, it tells me the content is not playable yet. I haven't got a clue if it's the full version (the demo was 5 Gb) and if it's normal though :) We'll see next week i guess...

Pre-load is a thing in the EU. I didn't know you could pre-load this...now I'm even more tempted to buy it from PSN.

To my knowledge, if you preorder anything on EU PSN it will preload :) Usually the game downloads itself a week or so before release. Money is removed from your account (or charged to your credit card) a couple of days before release. The game becomes playable at 1am on release day.

cyborg009

Banned
Some more screen to keep you guys hyped.

Also can I turn off those curtains?

img9.jpg
img6.jpg

img2.jpg
img1.jpg

img11.jpg
img0.jpg

VanWinkle

Some more screen to keep you guys hyped.

Also can I turn off those curtains?

WOW. Beautiful. And no, I don't think you can turn off the curtains. That probably helps it be one of the best looking games out there (since they can use the power they would have put towards those extra pixels elsewhere.

Super excited, sounds like my fiancee might be pre-ordering this for me tonight :D i was leaning towards trading in stuff at gamestop to pick it up, but looks like i wont have to!

Expecting 8.5 to be lowest
That's optimistic. Even if it's great I feel like there are plenty of reviewers who automatically dock a point for it being a retail platformer, because, you know, it's not as innovative as minor variations on the FPS formula that's been used since the early-mid 90's.

Anyway, I'm psyched. It's the support for projects like this that guarantee I will continue to buy Sony consoles.

Neiteio

They're really quite responsive, I'm getting precision on jumps like I'd expect from a Nintendo platformer. Most recent point of reference I can think of is dk country returns on 3ds. There's a good feel to the jumps, but any misjudgements are the player's fault, not the controls.

Also they're not floaty.
Yeah, there is something DKCR-esque about the handling, which is a wonderful thing indeed, although nothing happens when I try to jump mid-air while rolling off a ledge, lol.

I've heard of this game but didn't pay any real attention to it until now. This looks far more interesting than Knack. If reviews and impressions are positive then I may consider purchasing it.

Jigolo

This game is gonna be a sleeper hit. I don't expect much sales but I do expect the game to be fantastic.

Played the first two acts of the final game last night. It is so pretty, and charming as fuck. Can't wait to see how the game progresses from where I am.

Just finished Act 1, moving on to Act 2 now. I can't stop smiling. The whole last stage of the first act is fantastic, and the music... it's absolutely perfect, tone wise.

They're really quite responsive, I'm getting precision on jumps like I'd expect from a Nintendo platformer. Most recent point of reference I can think of is dk country returns on 3ds. There's a good feel to the jumps, but any misjudgements are the player's fault, not the controls.

Also they're not floaty.

I can't.

imLymcGZnEim0.gif

Neiteio

Saying a platformer controls like Donkey Kong Country Returns is EXTREMELY high praise. And I agree with the comparison, insofar as the snappy roll (sans air jump) and weighty feel is concerned. Running around this game will be a joy.

Mik_Pad

Banned
I finally played the demo...

It was one of the most refreshing games I have played in a while, I'm pre ordering this game digitally today. I'm very impressed with the presentation and gameplay, wow.

aristotle

Why can't digital purchases get the same treatment as buying in the store? :(

I really want to buy this on digital but I'm a huge sucker for soundtracks & extra digital crap for no reason.

Mik_Pad

Banned
Why can't digital purchases get the same treatment as buying in the store? :(

I really want to buy this on digital but I'm a huge sucker for soundtracks & extra digital crap for no reason.

I thought the digital preorder included the extra content too?

Neiteio

I thought so......thanks for confirming. Seems like I'll have to be dodging a lot! : D
Something cool about using the scissors to attack is that with the basic Kutaro-sized enemies (Grubs, I think they're called?), you can kind of juggle them with the scissors. In reality you probably only need to hit them twice -- once to stun them so they expose their tendril-like weak point, and again to snip the tendril and free the child's soul trapped inside -- but it's fun to repeatedly hit them so that they juggle above you.

Something cool about using the scissors to attack is that with the basic Kutaro-sized enemies (Grubs, I think they're called?), you can kind of juggle them with the scissors. In reality you probably only need to hit them twice -- once to stun them so they expose their tendril-like weak point, and again to snip the tendril and free the child's soul trapped inside -- but it's fun to repeatedly hit them so that they juggle above you.

Nice. Sounds awesome!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Pretty darn excited for this. Hearing it controls like DKCR is music to my ears! I've said it before, but just wow at string of: Legends, Puppeteer, Lost World, Tearaway, Tropical Freeze, and 3D World. Great time to be a platforming fan! I just hope I don't get burned out on the genre in the next three months.

sn00zer

Pretty darn excited for this. Hearing it controls like DKCR is music to my ears! I've said it before, but just wow at string of: Legends, Puppeteer, Lost World, Tearaway, Tropical Freeze, and 3D World. Great time to be a platforming fan! I just hope I don't get burned on the genre in the next three months.

Now all we need to do is get companies to do the same thing again, but with 3d platforming....so much still left to explore in 3d platforming, I think 2d is just about hitting its peak with experimentation

VanWinkle

Pretty darn excited for this. Hearing it controls like DKCR is music to my ears! I've said it before, but just wow at string of: Legends, Puppeteer, Lost World, Tearaway, Tropical Freeze, and 3D World. Great time to be a platforming fan! I just hope I don't get burned out on the genre in the next three months.

Yeah, insane few months for us platforming fans. Loving Legends right now.

Now all we need to do is get companies to do the same thing again, but with 3d platforming....so much still left to explore in 3d platforming, I think 2d is just about hitting its peak with experimentation

YES.

Top Bottom