• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puppeteer |OT| $40, No Strings Attached

Gbraga

Blah!
What I meant:
If you are interested in this game, GO BUY IT!
Don't wait until it bombas or else, stop crying if we see less and less platformers by the big major publishers.
Detailed enough for you?

Well, ok, sorry then.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Waiting for more hands on impressions. Right now I would purchase Rayman over this but I'm very interested in this game as well.

So according to Gavin's Twitter, you can play the Japanese version in English as long as the system is in English, too. That's actually pretty neat.
So we could pretty much try to get japanese PSN codes and buy the game early. It releases Wednesday in Japan. When does the japanese PSN even update?

No demo in NA. Dumb decision SCEA. Preordered for $30, most likely returning it.

The demo was nothing more than the tutorial, so it's not like you guys missed much.

Anyway, this game will be best when going in fresh I think. I personally can't wait. Platformer of the year is only 9 days away....

Played the first two acts of the final game last night. It is so pretty, and charming as fuck. Can't wait to see how the game progresses from where I am.

V_Ben

Banned
Played the first two acts of the final game last night. It is so pretty, and charming as fuck. Can't wait to see how the game progresses from where I am.

Just finished Act 1, moving on to Act 2 now. I can't stop smiling. The whole last stage of the first act is fantastic, and the music... it's absolutely perfect, tone wise.

KeRaSh

I guess I'll have to pick this up after I've platinumed Rayman Legends.
So does this have two player coop or is the two players thing separate from the story?

V_Ben

Banned
How are you both finding the controls?

They're really quite responsive, I'm getting precision on jumps like I'd expect from a Nintendo platformer. Most recent point of reference I can think of is dk country returns on 3ds. There's a good feel to the jumps, but any misjudgements are the player's fault, not the controls.

Also they're not floaty.

They're really quite responsive, I'm getting precision on jumps like I'd expect from a Nintendo platformer. Most recent point of reference I can think of is dk country returns on 3ds. There's a good feel to the jumps, but any misjudgements are the player's fault, not the controls.

Also they're not floaty.

Thanks. Man, I'm so pumped for this. It sounds fantastic and it being compared to DKCR is music to my ears.

Hanmik

Just finished Act 1, moving on to Act 2 now. I can't stop smiling. The whole last stage of the first act is fantastic, and the music... it's absolutely perfect, tone wise.

Try it on a 3d tv.. Simply amazing.. Beautiful game, and that storytelling.. Damn

wouwie

I've got this game downloaded and pre-installed. The EU version was 10.5Gb. I have never pre-ordered from PSN before. I assume i'll have to download an extra unlock key at day of release?

Since it's already installed, i can listen to the nice theme that plays when you go to the game icon :)

I've got this game downloaded and pre-installed. The EU version was 10.5Gb. I have never pre-ordered from PSN before. I assume i'll have to download an extra unlock key at day of release?

Since it's already installed, i can listen to the nice theme that plays when you go to the game icon :)

How the heck can you pre-install it?

Brannon

Puppeteer is a side-scrolling platformer in which players control a boy named Kutaro, who has been turned into a puppet and had his head torn off. Throughout the game, Kutaro is able to find various types of head to substitute for his own, each with their own unique abilities, such as throwing bombs.

OMG it's Dynamite Headdy back from the dead!

shut-up-and-take-my-money-gif.gif

wouwie

How the heck can you pre-install it?

To be honest, i was a bit surprised myself. I haven't pre-ordered anything before on PSN so i'm not sure if it's normal or not? In my downloadlist, there was a link to download the game and install it (just like any other PSN game). I took a while (10.5Gb download + install) but i now have a Puppeteer icon in my XMB. When i click it, it tells me the content is not playable yet. I haven't got a clue if it's the full version (the demo was 5 Gb) and if it's normal though :) We'll see next week i guess...

Withnail

No you don't need a key, the DRM just unlocks at the right time. It's like a full game trial but in reverse :)

Cancelled my pre-order with TheGameCollection and switched to ShopTo. £4 more expensive maybe, but I need that Theatrical Pack DLC. Plus with ShopTo you always get a game a day or two before release, and Puppeteer is one of those high-priority titles where I need to play it as soon as possible.

Cancelled my pre-order with TheGameCollection and switched to ShopTo. £4 more expensive maybe, but I need that Theatrical Pack DLC. Plus with ShopTo you always get a game a day or two before release, and Puppeteer is one of those high-priority titles where I need to play it as soon as possible.

Amazon have the game with the theatrical pack for the low, low price of £25. (how much was it at TGC?)

The Puppeteer Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order The Puppeteer with us at Amazon.co.uk and you'll receive the Theatrical Pack Bonus, containing soundtrack, Dynamic Theme and 3 Avatars.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CMKPSXK/

Top Bottom