• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosh

[US] Jewel Dragons (20 Stamina) 3/19/2013 PDT

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 8:00 Ruby 13:00 Sapphire 18:00 Emerald
B: 9:00 Sapphire 14:00 Emerald 19:00 Ruby
C: 10:00 Emerald 15:00 Ruby 20:00 Sapphire
D: 11:00 Ruby 16:00 Sapphire 21:00 Emerald
E: 12:00 Sapphire 17:00 Emerald 22:00 Ruby

J0dy77

Shopping list:

Green keeper - check
Rainbow keeper - 1 down 3 or 4 to go.
Mystic mask - lucky drop in tech dungeon last night.

Definitely spending a stone on stamina today with 2x keeper.

xCobalt

I might actually farm some keepers just to level up my Water Mech's skill. If I can get 2 keepers per run, that won't be too bad.

MicH

I use Freyja as leader for my green team (not evolved yet, but working on it) and I too really like Artemis + Freyja leaders. So damn powerful.

So far I am 2/2 on Rainbow Keepers. Waiting for stamina to regenerate, then I will level up and continue. Awesome!

Kosh

Thank goodness the 1.5x Coin thing was a mistake by GungHo. Just finished 3 runs and got 3 Rainbows. Yay! Also loving the nerf of the battle #4 Keeper down to 200K HP. Makes it go by much quicker.

And hot damn at my Freyja team! I paired it up with woody@GAF's Artemis, which put my team HP above 28K. I just tanked through Rainbow Keeper's attack and proceeded to kill it in 7 turns. Whole run took only 4 minutes. During the killing blow, I managed to get a Heart match in, and was able to heal back to full in one go. I had another Artemis friend for the second run, and that went just as well. For the third run, I teamed up with a Parvati(these are currently way more common on my friendlist), and I had only 23K HP, just enough to tank Rainbow's attack. Even though the ATK multiplier was only reduced to 3x from 4x, the Freyja/Parvati team felt noticeably weaker than the Freyja/Artemis team. And the RCV was overkill. I was healing 30K HP by inserting a single Heart match into a combo string. I definitely prefer the Norse/Greek 4x ATK/2x HP/2x RCV mix of stats.

With 28K+ team HP, this team can tank a simultaneous triple Vampire Lord attack in the Heroes dungeon, and heal it all back before they can attack again.

That's a nice setup. I have all the necessary ingredients, but not at those levels yet. I think I only have one Artemis friend, too.

MicH

Got 2 kings an 2 highs in one run of metal dragons. Can't imagine someone doing better than that.

579927_10200908154330302_2076391322_n.jpg

Whoops :p Not me though, someone posted it on the Facebook group. God damn at that luck

ToxicAdam

Whoops :p Not me though, someone posted it on the Facebook group. God damn at that luck

Nice. I knew if I put that out there someone would have a better example. :)

The drop rate was pretty crazy yesterday. I actually used 2 stones for stamina refills, which I never ever do.

It kind of cheeses me off a little bit that the first Jeweled Dragon run didn't have the 2x event triggered (when they said it did) I wasted an entire days worth of stamina (160 total) in trying to chase down those Kings. Oh well, can't get too mad.

ParityBit

I can not decide what keepers to run. I need them all! Well, I have 3 dark, so not that. I have 3 Rainbow, but who knows when I will need those. And I need the rest!@ Do I just hit the colors??

MicH

3 Rainbow Keepers so far, on the way to (hopefully) my fourth. I love 2x drop SO MUCH on Rainbow Keeper. Gotta stock up, but I also need a few water and wood keepers.

EDIT: Finally evolved my Saturobi Sasuke:

gx0gQzol.png

Also in case you aven't noticed, GungHo finally fixed the description on the evolved form of the Indian Gods (wood, fire and water).

J0dy77

I can not decide what keepers to run. I need them all! Well, I have 3 dark, so not that. I have 3 Rainbow, but who knows when I will need those. And I need the rest!@ Do I just hit the colors??

RAINBOW!!! ALL DAY!!! The drop rate on the colored are much higher without 2x, much faster to run and less stamina. I've run Rainbow on none 2x days a few times and didnt have one drop. 90 stamina down the tubes with only yellow/dark keeper to show for it. Plus, Rainbows are used in almost all of the high level evolves, some require 2.

ParityBit

Been a while since I ran the Rainbow Keeper dungeon, cant recall, is it resist+healer or resolve+healer?

I run healer/4 rippers/ Oden

Piece of cake!

RAINBOW!!! ALL DAY!!! The drop rate on the colored are much higher without 2x, much faster to run and less stamina. I've run Rainbow on none 2x days a few times and didnt have one drop. 90 stamina down the tubes with only yellow/dark keeper to show for it. Plus, Rainbows are used in almost all of the high level evolves, some require 2.

OK, you convinced me. Rainbow all day!

MicH

Anyone know what dungeon to get the dragon plant and the dragon flower at? I need 2 of each...
Dragon flower can be found in Tower of Giants. Fruit is Thursday dungeon where you also can get Flowers

I'm 4/4 on Rainbow Keepers. Gonna get one more, then 3 Blue, 2 Green and the rest of the Stamina will be for Jewel Dragons

OTIX

A tip for anyone that might be interested in doing the new mono-colour tech dungeons, pick up an Earth Knight and an Aqua Knight from the keeper dungeons (and maybe skill them up a little with the fighters). They are the easiest way to break the high armour bosses in those tech dungeons, unless you have some dual colour Ogres with their new skill.

harrytang

got my 4* harpie demon/devil thing down to 8 turns for bomb. nice doing 20k damage to Rainbow Keeper every 8 turns. Still takes forever. I remember a few months back only being strong enough to hit a Rainbow Keeper with Odins special move. That took a lonnnnnnnnng time....and then no drop.

1 for 1 today.

J0dy77

Anyone know what dungeon to get the dragon plant and the dragon flower at? I need 2 of each...

Tower of Giant and Tower of Trial (last stage) both drop the plants but the most efficient way is to farm the Thursday dungeon.

Tower of Giants during 1/2 stamina on the weekend is a very good way to increase levels at your early stage of the game. Dragons of the Tower provides around 500exp per stamina with the reduced cost.

A tip for anyone that might be interested in doing the new mono-colour tech dungeons, pick up an Earth Knight and an Aqua Knight from the keeper dungeons (and maybe skill them up a little with the fighters). They are the easiest way to break the high armour bosses in those tech dungeons, unless you have some dual colour Ogres with their new skill.

Thanks for the tip. I picked up both after hearing you guys discuss Neptune farming a bunch of pages back. Green is at 38 currently but had really bad luck skilling him up.

ParityBit

Thanks for the tip. I picked up both after hearing you guys discuss Neptune farming a bunch of pages back. Green is at 38 currently but had really bad luck skilling him up.

Neptune farming?! Where?

I need to clean out some boxes. I have a lot of stuff now after the God-fest and no direction. Although I think I could have direction now! I was going to post some stuff and look for advice as to what to level/direction to go outside of my usual Ammy/Ripper team. Figure I have a snow day at work (ugh) and I am out of stamina so now is a good time! I will post in a bit if you guys are willing to aid/direct me!

Slottm

Neo Member
You're reading into neptune farming wrong. He's farming Neptune's stage since it has a pretty good exp ratio, high gold drop (30-45k for a normal dungeon) and decent drops along the way such as mystic masks and whatnot. He's not actually trying to get neptune to drop.

Yaari

I liked reading about what a Freyja/Parv/Ametis green team is capable of. I am working on mine and while underleveled, I can see big potential.

Wonder if I can farm the neptune dungeon with a green team, would be nice. That is really the only stage I want to run often. I'll have to try get one of those knights aswell.

J0dy77

Is the Neptune stage you're talking about the Ocean of Heaven or the technical one?

Sorry, should have clarified more. The ocean of heaven stage was discussed a bunch of pages back for +1 farming, good experience during the x1.5 drop rate.

Edit: Man I wish the Neptune farming was true. :)

MicH

Yeah, I have to start advancing in both technical and normal dungeons. Just unlocked Hyperion Lava Flow and nearly done with Liquid Flame technical. Need to get to Ocean of Heaven soon :/ Thankfully I won't need many Masks tomorrow (only a Mystic Mask or two), so I might to focus on that tomorrow.

ParityBit

While I make my list, couple of questions ...

Do I need the other knights? Like the red/white/black?

How do you guys (assuming you do) keep your list? In a Google doc or spreadsheet or something?

While I make my list, couple of questions ...

Do I need the other knights? Like the red/white/black?

How do you guys (assuming you do) keep your list? In a Google doc or spreadsheet or something?

1) I would assume you just use them for their active skill. Don't think the stats are all that great.

2) I have a pretty build xls file i use to keep track of levels, max stats, evo materials, etc.

edit : just realized I need 3 Rainbow keepers, but for evo's im not doing any time soon. that makes today easier!

Woot. Got my first green keeper after setting up a hilarious combo. I kind of wish i brought along another horus instead of a siren since i didnt need the heals and was banging 4 combos the whole way up to the keep.

So now i finally have my adk but i almost prefer my horus since he just makes the game more fun.

Now all i need is some mythlits to elvolve my lil guys into rippers then on to making a new team.

SaberVulcan

1) I would assume you just use them for their active skill. Don't think the stats are all that great.

2) I have a pretty build xls file i use to keep track of levels, max stats, evo materials, etc.

edit : just realized I need 3 Rainbow keepers, but for evo's im not doing any time soon. that makes today easier!

Lucky you. This week I am hoping to get 2 more Rainbow Keepers, 2 Mystic Masks, and 2 Dark Masks for my evos ~_~. Gonna be a rough week.

Les go RNG

Yaari

Wondering if a double Parv team would be able to do Wednesday Dungeons? I really have to step away from the resolve team sometime soon. I hate it.

Kosh

I need 12 rainbow keepers for everything I plan on evolving. No better time than x2, will have to spend stones but I think it's worth it.

ParityBit

OK, so ... I am looking for some direction as to what to power-up/evolve. I got a bunch of

news things over God-fest!

I have some questions if I need dups, because I need to clean my monster boxes. I run out

of them so quick with mats!

Red:

• El Dorado (10)
  • Meteor Volcano Dragon (21)
  • Echidna Red Empress (31)
  • Firedragon Tyrannos (26)
  • Titan (10)
  • Mystic Flame Knight (10)

Blue:
  • Blue Skydragon Nirai Kanai (10)
  • Isis (MAX)
  • Idunn & Idunna (4)
  • Crystal Aurora Dragon (25)
  • Undine (8)
  • Fenrir Knight (9)
  • Siren (31)
  • Plesios (28)
  • Shardra (10)
  • Mermaid (8)
  • Aqua Knight (5 - was told to grab one)
  • Plesiel (10 - Do I need blue starters?)

Green:
  • Wind Mechdragon Canopus (12)
  • Wood Skydragon Horai (10)
  • Artemis (30)
  • Marine Rider (20)
  • ADK (20)
  • Graviton Earth Dragon (28)
  • Susano (30)
  • Susano (6)
  • Toyceratops (23)
  • Mandrake (30)
  • Earth Guardian (30)
  • Toytops (10 - Do I need 2?)
  • Mystic Stone Knight (10)
  • Earth Knight (5 - was told to grab one)
  • Brachio (9)
  • Lil' Green Dragon (4 - Do I need 2?)

Light:
  • Holy Skydragon Shangri-La (10)
  • Amaterasu Ohkami (49)
  • Thor (6)
  • Indra (30)
  • Lightning Holy Dragon (12)
  • Angel (13)
  • Fairlo (14)
  • Mystic Light Knight (10)
  • Mystic Light Knight (8 - Do I need 2?)
  • Machine Golem (6)
  • Lil' White Dragon (10 - Do I need 2?)

Dark:
  • Annihilate Mechdragon Hadar (4)
  • Gryps Rider (6)
  • Loki (6)
  • Loki (5)
  • Chaos Devil Dragon (24)
  • Tiamat (1)
  • Pierdra (10)
  • Vampire (10)
  • Mystic Dark Knight (10)
  • Lil' Black Dragon (10 - Do I need 2?)

Keepers:
  • Keeper of Water
  • Keeper of Light (x2)
  • Keeper of Rainbow (x4)
  • Keeper of Dark (x3)

ToxicAdam

You should be working on that Mystic Dark Knight.

Personally, I don't see a reason to need a second Ripper dragon unless you are really deficient in a certain color.

MicH

5/5 on Rainbow Keeper. Amazing! If this was without drop x2 I would've gotten 1 maybe, haha. Done with Rainbow for now, gonna get 3 blue and 2 green now. Phew.

• Isis (MAX)
  • Idunn & Idunna (4)
  • Artemis (30)
  • Loki (6)
Those are who I would prioritize for leadership, with getting Isis evolved and a stable of Isis friends being #1 on the todo list. Whenever the Greek Godfest happens you'll get a bunch of Hermes and Persephones for your Norse gods to play with.

Isis will let you build a solid late/end-game team with the least amount of effort because she's not too dependent on monocolor orb changers. You've already got an Echidna, who is essential to any endgame team. I'd put a Vampire Lord on an Isis team because getting flooded with RCV orbs can sometimes be fatal, and his easily skill uppable Attack Stance skill will help prevent that. Not too sure who to slot in for green and yellow.

I think your monster box is diverse enough now where you don't need multiple rippers, so you can safely get rid of them for box space. You probably want to hold onto the second Verche for now.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is Persephones better than vamp as dark leader? I have one but haven't leveled her up yet. Of course, no one on my friends list has a Persephones anyways.

Is Persephones better than vamp as dark leader? I have one but haven't leveled her up yet. Of course, no one on my friends list has a Persephones anyways.
Situationally. You're giving up a ~1.8x ATK boost (and an equivalent RCV boost if you run Loki) for greater survivability in the form of 2.25x HP. In some instances that extra attack could let you glass cannon your way through mobs that would destroy you but generally speaking probably not. Too bad the Duke doesn't give 2.5x ATK.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Situationally. You're giving up a ~1.8x ATK boost (and an equivalent RCV if you run Loki) with greater survivability in the form of 2.25x HP. In some instances that extra attack could let you glass cannon your way through mobs that would destroy you but generally speaking probably not. Too bad the Duke doesn't give 2.5x ATK.

Hmm things to think about. I usually err towards survivability when faced with that option. I still don't have a Loki :\

ParityBit

You should be working on that Mystic Dark Knight.

Personally, I don't see a reason to need a second Ripper dragon unless you are really deficient in a certain color.

Those are who I would prioritize for leadership, with getting Isis evolved and a stable of Isis friends being #1 on the todo list. Whenever the Greek Godfest happens you'll get a bunch of Hermes and Persephones for your Norse gods to play with.

Isis will let you build a solid late/end-game team with the least amount of effort because she's not too dependent on monocolor orb changers. You've already got an Echidna, who is essential to any endgame team. I'd put a Vampire Lord on an Isis team because getting flooded with RCV orbs can sometimes be fatal, and his easily skill uppable Attack Stance skill will help prevent that. Not too sure who to slot in for green and yellow.

I think your monster box is diverse enough now where you don't need multiple rippers, so you can safely get rid of them for box space. You probably want to hold onto the second Verche for now.

OK I will dump the ripper/starter dupes.

I will level those 4 as you mentioned. Should I work on the Vampire also? lastly, what about Ammy? Shes 49, but people always say she needs to be around 70 or so?

Yeah toss Ammy on the pile too. The Norse/Greek gods are likely gonna be a long term project because of them needing their other half to shine. Getting the four Purple Demon Masks to evolve Vampire is a gigantic pain in the ass so you might want wait for a break in the events schedule to do that.

I need 12 rainbow keepers for everything I plan on evolving. No better time than x2, will have to spend stones but I think it's worth it.

I count 9 Rainbows that I need, and already have 1. I can get 2 per stamina so yes, looks like I will be spending some stone. Good news is I will level up at least once so that helps a little.

I was supposed to leave my Odin up today (and I will when I am not playing) but since I will be doing multiple rainbow runs it may not be up as much as I had planned.

MicH

Evolved one of my Neptunes, only need a Dyb-Mythlit to ultimate evolve into light or dark :D God, I'm gonna need so many Dub-Mythlits AND Mythlits come Friday. But I am now done with Keepers for now. Will perhaps need another Blue Keeper or two.

Musan

Anyone ever tried using one of the crappy elves (sylph, thanatos, etc.) with the norse gods to have 2.5xHP/2xRCV and Attack? Bad stats notwithstanding, sounds like a decent team possibility.

ParityBit

Yeah toss Ammy on the pile too. The Norse/Greek gods are likely gonna be a long term project because of them needing their other half to shine. Getting the four Purple Demon Masks to evolve Vampire is a gigantic pain in the ass so you might want wait for a break in the events schedule to do that.

OK, so looking at these as my leaders .... what would my teams involve with them? Besides my normal ripper teammates? Also, outside of Isis (which is a must #1) any suggestions on order for these 5?

• Isis (MAX)
  • Idunn & Idunna (4)
  • Artemis (30)
  • Loki (6)
  • Amaterasu Ohkami (49)

As someone who is a semi-newbie and got an Idunn & Idunna and an Isis during the godfest, I also would like to know what kind of team subs would go well assuming those were leaders.

(I also have a ADK build I am working on, but how to build that is pretty well-distributed knowledge).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom