• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If I have 3 Mystic Stone Knights and 1 Ancient Dragon Knight, I should feed Mystic Knights to each other, then eventually evolve it and feed to my ADK. That will preserve all the Awoken skills right?

edit: Bad example since MSK doesn't seem to have awoken skills, but you get the idea.

Yes - if you Awaken ADK and then ult him, his Awakenings transfer. But you can only Awaken same monster cards. So you can't awaken ult ADK with regular ADK.

um wut.

If you look at your friends list and sort by Attribute, it now sorts by amount of + eggs instead of level first.

Horus lvl 48 3+ is higher than Horus lvl max 0+.

That is pretty stupid

Were there any new ultimate evos with this update?
Not with the vanilla update, but the mystic knights/Bastet busties should drop as a hotfix eventually. maybe

Take-Minakata info page went up, the descended is a Tricolor dungeon with Fire, Water, Light only (and Heal), which of course correspond to none of the Chinese gods. Two difficulty levels@50 stam/5 floors. Screenshot shows him on the final floor with light->fire attribute.

Take-Minakata info page went up, the descended is a Tricolor dungeon with Fire, Water, Light only (and Heal), which of course correspond to none of the Chinese gods. Two difficulty levels@50 stam/5 floors. Screenshot shows him on the final floor with light->fire attribute.

Trilcolor descended and no dark orbs? Talk about a troll, you really can't use the #onetruegod. New Bastet teams also seems kind of iffy w/ no green, same for 9x balance team.

Valk doesn't sounds too bad? Valk lead, siren/echidna/king shynee/2nd valk, valk friend. Devil is in the details of course but that sounds real good provided you can do it without getting gibbed or hosed by something random.

I understand the sentiment behind feeding REM gods first for awakenings, but I honestly think it's worth it to use most used monsters first regardless of where you can get them. Who wants to go through the trouble of 2 million EXP and three evolves just to awaken heartbreakers once? They're on every team I use and will benefit a lot more than from most REM gods that I use occasionally.

On the other hand, healer girls, mystic knights, and most descended drops might actually be worth farming for, since it's much cheaper I'm terms of materials.

Trilcolor descended and no dark orbs? Talk about a troll, you really can't use the #onetruegod. New Bastet teams also seems kind of iffy w/ no green, same for 9x balance team.

Valk doesn't sounds too bad? Valk lead, siren/echidna/king shynee/2nd valk, valk friend. Devil is in the details of course but that sounds real good provided you can do it without getting gibbed or hosed by something random.
I don't know, I think Anubis is pretty much as plausible as ever. You can just stack your team with powerful Fr/Wt/Lt monsters and just do without Anubis's damage. The nice thing about a 100x multiplier is that you don't really need all six attacks.

I think you're right about Bastet though. With a smaller multiplier, you need all the damage output you can get, and four full power attacks (excluding secondary elements) probably won't cut it.

Dunlop

Thanks again for all Odin invites

Got my first Keep of Rainbow, fight took close to 20 mins lol..my group is way overcautious however

I should have 2 more before the night is over

Oh man now I feel idiotic for not stacking a ton of Pal Points! AUUGGHHHH.

I want my awoken Dragon Knight!

Oh well, maybe by Christmas I will have the chance to pull one of these eggs lol.

My team is getting pretty powerful though, in a beginner sort of way. Everything is getting evolved, seeing 12-20K attacks regularly with my Artemis leader aboard, etc. Now I am getting fire and water teams going to go up against these other technical dungeons.

Things are getting more interesting that is for sure. Only took a few months lol.

massoluk

Banned
Hm... Should I give a shit with ECO monsters? I have yet to find any collaboration monsters useful. I'm very tempted to just fuse away previous collaboration monster right now as they're taking up spaces. Any useful ones of note?

Jagernaut

Hm... Should I give a shit with ECO monsters? I have yet to find any collaboration monsters useful. I'm very tempted to just fuse away previous collaboration monster right now as they're taking up spaces. Any useful ones of note?

The dark one has the same active skill as Loki (dark enhancement) and the light one has the same skill as Yomi/Venus (change the world). The others are useful for skillups.

quoting myself from page 1:

---

The Change the World boss mob ( ECO Tiny Alma ) at the end has good stats if that is the effect you are looking for. If you already had a Yomi or Venus and they are a key part of your team then farming them for skillups is worth it. Max skill Change the World is much more powerful than unskilled since stalling is so hard for spike teams in high level content.

ECO Shabo Alma (evolved from the cactus mobs) skills up Fortoytops. Once the joke of the REM, the new final form of Fortoytops is actually core to the new Cu Chulainn 9x balance team. For example:

Cu Chulainn final form
Fortoytops new form
ADK new form
King Woodsie
Green Odin/ Awoken Zeus-Dios/Echidna (if you need more defense)
Cu Chulainn friend

Seems pretty good.

Also if you have a Pavarti, here's a way to grind skillups.

The Lakshmi and Flare Drall skillups also drop in the dungeon.You know if you want/need them,if you aren't sure then you don't need them.

Finally there is a rare invasion mob that can skill up Loki, but I wouldn't rely on this dungeon for that purpose. It's just a boost if you already are farming it for the other monsters.

----

In terms of them being useful leaders/subs-Tiny Alma is not terrible, but not great. Decent stats but not enough ATK for a burst team where you really want the Change the World effect.. Dumpty Alma is a reasonable mono-dark sub but like Loki is a real mess to skill up through this collab due to the invasion nature of the monster.The others have such poor stats -this collab is like a year old in the JP version at this point-it's not worth bothering with as subs.

So I have been carrying around 3 Echidnas and 3 Liliths because I heard there were some team builds that use them. I have never actually used those teams. Safe to go ahead and awaken them?

maks

Yes - if you Awaken ADK and then ult him, his Awakenings transfer. But you can only Awaken same monster cards. So you can't awaken ult ADK with regular ADK.

Thanks! I should have used Drawn Joker and Jester Dragon as an example. I almost evo'd one of my Drawn Jokers a couple nights ago. That would have been a pain in the ass to deal with later.

So I have been carrying around 3 Echidnas and 3 Liliths because I heard there were some team builds that use them. I have never actually used those teams. Safe to go ahead and awaken them?

You'd need to evolve those monsters before using them for awakening food, and as level 70 skillup mobs in their penultimate forms that is not cheap or effective (IMO). Better to just feed them for skillups in a 2x event for the echidnas, and keep all 3 liliths for the laziest farm team for Wed/Fri dungeons you can possibly field. (stall on floor 1/2, poison the other floors).

Jagernaut

1 Tamadra dropped from the metal dragon dungeon and I fed it to GOdin. I also had a 3rd Siren that I fed to my main Siren for an awakening. I have an extra GOdin, Parvati, and Ares but they have to be evolved before I can fuse them, 700k exp each + evo materials. I wish I could fuse Gods in the first form for awakenings .

You'd need to evolve those monsters before using them for awakening food, and as level 70 skillup mobs in their penultimate forms that is not cheap or effective (IMO). Better to just feed them for skillups in a 2x event for the echidnas, and keep all 3 liliths for the laziest farm team for Wed/Fri dungeons you can possibly field. (stall on floor 1/2, poison the other floors).

I have had these for quite a while actually and they are all fully evolved so they will awaken.

I have had these for quite a while actually and they are all fully evolved so they will awaken.

Then by all means go for it if they are already leveled up. I'd still wait for a 2x skillup event on Echidna unless the one you are feeding is already max skill. Same for Lilith.

Thanks metal dragon dungeon.

Still have not even seen Tamadra.

On a good note I got two "Great" feeds on SoD Luci with mostly kings each time.

only 11 runs... (had 45 stam, and then used my ECO dungeon stone to go back up to full) but still not even one appearance.

xCobalt

Echidna only needs about 400,000 exp to hit 70 which isn't too bad.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks metal dragon dungeon.

Still have not even seen Tamadra.

On a good note I got two "Great" feeds on SoD Luci with mostly kings each time.

only 11 runs... (had 45 stam, and then used my ECO dungeon stone to go back up to full) but still not even one appearance.

I did 17 runs, saw 2, 1 dropped. Tamadra's are going to be a BITCH to get.

Has anyone gotten the Ancient Wood Dragon Lagavulin to drop?

I really want that thing for my mono-green team. But god knows I can't even get through Expert mode on it yet. Still trying to find the right team for it that I can put together. My metal dungeons are 11am, 4PM and 9PM today. So here is to hoping for some luck!

StMeph

Has anyone gotten the Ancient Wood Dragon Lagavulin to drop?

I really want that thing for my mono-green team. But god knows I can't even get through Expert mode on it yet. Still trying to find the right team for it that I can put together. My metal dungeons are 11am, 4PM and 9PM today. So here is to hoping for some luck!

If I recall, Expert is something like 5%, and Adept is something like 1%?

maks

I need a Red Keeper. What are my chances of him dropping if i run it today? I tried Rainbow Keeper a couple weeks ago and went 0/5 when we didn't have x2 drops. I'm not sure if Red Keeper is at the same horrible rate.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I need a Red Keeper. What are my chances of him dropping if i run it today? I tried Rainbow Keeper a couple weeks ago and went 0/5 when we didn't have x2 drops. I'm not sure if Red Keeper is at the same horrible rate.

I've noticed that normal keeper runs have higher drop rates. You may still strike out, but for what it's worth, it will take you much less time.

Question: Can you get multiple Awakenings in a single feed?

Anyone ballsy enough to drop in two Tamadras at once to find out?

Not exactly what Nicoga did, but I maxed my Bowmore with two dupes. Shouldn't ever be an issue since feeding dupes and feeding Tamadras is 100%.

I've noticed that normal keeper runs have higher drop rates. You may still strike out, but for what it's worth, it will take you much less time.

The tri-color keepers are all 100% drops.

Anyone on JP side have a healer I can borrow? Have to grind through Masks the old fashioned way.

If I recall, Expert is something like 5%, and Adept is something like 1%?

976.gif

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
& here goes my plan to skill up my Bastet & Hermes with the extra 2 I got :/
So, what to do with a 2nd Bastet/Hermes?

Hard to say. You COULD save them for awakening purposes. But the XP requirements are pretty high. Since Tamadras just came out today, there's still not enough info on their drop rates to make any decisions yet. Save them for now.

Zero_IYAD

Hard to say. You COULD save them for awakening purposes. But the XP requirements are pretty high. Since Tamadras just came out today, there's still not enough info on their drop rates to make any decisions yet. Save them for now.
Will do
Pretty much sure Tamadra drop rate is terrible -1 every 10 runs or so-, but oh well, we've been doing fine without awakening skills till now, it'll be a nice addition to the game but very slowly progressive :|

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Will do
Pretty much sure Tamadra drop rate would be terrible -1 every 10 runs or so-, but oh well, we've been doing fine without awakening skills till now, it'll be a nice addition to the game but very slowly progressive :|

The big thing will be if they introduce other means to obtain them. Obviously PAL events are going to be nice, but not something worth counting on. Metal dungeons are where we KNOW they invade, but who knows if they'll pop up elsewhere.

Genji

Got a Tamadra drop from my PAL pull today. Reading a few posts above, it looks like it's not worth using it on AA Lucifer or Horus. My other options are:

Alarune
Sasuke
Berserk
Vritra
Siren

Although I suppose only Alarune and Sasuke are in their final forms to take advantage of the egg drop. Do the new skills only apply if they are a leader?

Fagan's dungeon is supposed to have one. It's not guaranteed to drop, though, but at least it will show up every time.

And yes, I know. Fagan's dungeon looks absolutely ridiculous and costs 99 stamina. But at least it's there.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Might have been answered but when will the busties be patched in? mystic knight series.

I don't think they've said yet. Soon, though.

Got a Tamadra drop from my PAL pull today. Reading a few posts above, it looks like it's not worth using it on AA Lucifer or Horus. My other options are:

Alarune
Sasuke
Berserk
Vritra
Siren

Although I suppose only Alarune and Sasuke are in their final forms to take advantage of the egg drop. Do the new skills only apply if they are a leader?

No, Awakening works if they are in your party (hence why Skill CD reduction is so rad). To be honest, you may want to hold out on Awakening until you have some monsters really worth Awakening.

The big thing will be if they introduce other means to obtain them. Obviously PAL events are going to be nice, but not something worth counting on. Metal dungeons are where we KNOW they invade, but who knows if they'll pop up elsewhere.
There's a guaranteed spawn in Fagan. Speaking of which, did they gate that dungeon off from us too?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Keep an eye on Post 2 or 3 in this topic. I'm in the process of putting together a quick visual guide to Awakening.

Genji

I don't think they've said yet. Soon, though.

No, Awakening works if they are in your party (hence why Skill CD reduction is so rad). To be honest, you may want to hold out on Awakening until you have some monsters really worth Awakening.

Got it, will hold on to the egg for now and see if I can get lucky during the next godfest or something. Thanks!

Nista

It's going to take forever to evolve my other two Ras to awaken my first one with. :p Didn't see any eggdras on my metal runs today.

It's going to take forever to evolve my other two Ras to awaken my first one with. :p Didn't see any eggdras on my metal runs today.

I wouldn't rush it....his skills aren't all that great.

Reducing damage by 2% is swell, but when I play Ra...the goal is to not get hit. Extra HP is fine, but that's the 3rd awakening

razterik

Ra, like Horus and Lucifer, has terrible awoken skills. So don't make it a priority, and certainly don't waste Tamadras on him.

Top Bottom