• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

So, I got 3 TAMADRAs in 17 Metal runs before I decided to stop with plenty of time left in the hour. That's actually a better drop rate than I expected. Between farming Jewel/Metal dungeons and Pal pulls, I don't see Awakenings being that difficult to accumulate. You can basically get them through the normal course that we'd usually play the game, and it really lessens the dullness of farming Jewel Dragons(one of the reasons I greatly slowed down on running them).

All the Metal Dragons that I farmed in those 17 runs would yield about as much exp required to raise a Vampire to a Duke. But that doesn't even include all evo mats I would still need to farm in addition to the Metal Dragons that I accumulated. All for a single Awakening. All the stamina that I would need to spend for those additional evo mats could be put toward more Jewel/Metal runs that would likely yield another TAMADRA. And I wouldn't be wasting all that exp on a monster that's just going to be fed to another.

In short, use TAMADRAs on monsters that require a significant amount of exp and evo mats to duplicate, e.g., Heartbreakers, Mystic Knights, etc.. You can use the dupe method for monsters like the special dungeon Dragons(which Awaken at base form) or Descended monsters like Zeus that only take 700K exp and a handful of evo mats to evolve. I not even sure using dupes to Awaken monsters like Zeus is efficient either, but it's certainly better than duplicating a something like an Ultimate Valk or Siegfried.

So, I got 3 TAMADRAs in 17 Metal runs before I decided to stop with plenty of time left in the hour. That's actually a better drop rate than I expected. Between farming Jewel/Metal dungeons and Pal pulls, I don't see Awakenings being that difficult to accumulate. You can basically get them through the normal course that we'd usually play the game, and it really lessens the dullness of farming Jewel Dragons(one of the reasons I greatly slowed down on running them).

All the Metal Dragons that I farmed in those 17 runs would yield about as much exp required to raise a Vampire to a Duke. But that doesn't even include all evo mats I would still need to farm in addition to the Metal Dragons that I accumulated. All for a single Awakening. All the stamina that I would need to spend for those additional evo mats could be put toward more Jewel/Metal runs that would likely yield another TAMADRA. And I wouldn't be wasting all that exp on a monster that's just going to be fed to another.

In short, use TAMADRAs on monsters that require a significant amount of exp and evo mats to duplicate, e.g., Heartbreakers, Mystic Knights, etc.. You can use the dupe method for monsters like the special dungeon Dragons(which Awaken at base form) or Descended monsters like Zeus that only take 700K exp and a handful of evo mats to evolve. I not even sure using dupes to Awaken monsters like Zeus is efficient either, but it's certainly better than duplicating a something like an Ultimate Valk or Siegfried.

This is my thinking as well. The amount of time/stamina/EXP just doesn't seem worth it in general.

Awakening FAQ posted.
OP is looking great. Thanks for all the hard work!

Just out of curiosity, you didn't actually waste a Tamadra on a goblin did you? I'm assuming you actually used a dupe. Oops probably should have read the section before asking.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
OP is looking great. Thanks for all the hard work!

Just out of curiosity, you didn't actually waste a Tamadra on a goblin did you? I'm assuming you actually used a dupe.

From the post:

In the example shown, I did NOT waste my Eggdra - I simply fed my No. 689 Rowdy Red Samurai Goblin another monster No. 689.

I would never waste one on a shitty Goblin, hahaha.

mercviper

I've only had a max-skilled Echidna for a few days, but it has already put in work. No matter how many stones and fusions it takes, you guys MUST do it.

Just a heads up related to this. Both Master and Expert levels in the current biweekly flame dungeon have Echidna/Naga as a subboss so you should run this dungeon at least during its two 2x events for Echidna/Naga drops if you ever plan to farm her skill up. This really applies to any dungeon where Echidna is a subboss but on Master 2x rate it should practically be guaranteed 1 Echidna per 50 stam. I know you can't say the same about the dungeon made specifically for her, even on a 2x day if we ever get it.

with all these awakening skills, I hope that the Skydragon rush and the Legendary dragon rush come back.

Skydragon rush Legend was REALLY easy with Ra*, so getting those awakening skills should be not so bad.

I might be able to run legendary Dragon rush Legend now (because of SoD Luci cannon) so that definately looks preferred than farming the dragons, awakening them and then bustying a new one...

*EDIT: of course I say really easy, but in reality Skydragon Rush Legend was an edge of my seat, one false move I die heart attack in an App that was probably the most fun I have yet had with the app (That or the Satan dungeon with the same team)

Seriously Ra with no Heart orbs in the dungeon and everything is 1-hit kills... so awesome

Ashodin

First two awakenings:

kGGJIGal.png
RDzWg2Wl.png

I ran up into Endless Corridor and holy shiet + dark eggs drop like candy. So much fun!

with all these awakening skills, I hope that the Skydragon rush and the Legendary dragon rush come back.

Skydragon rush Legend was REALLY easy with Ra*, so getting those awakening skills should be not so bad.

I might be able to run legendary Dragon rush Legend now (because of SoD Luci cannon) so that definately looks preferred than farming the dragons, awakening them and then bustying a new one...

*EDIT: of course I say really easy, but in reality Skydragon Rush Legend was an edge of my seat, one false move I die heart attack in an App that was probably the most fun I have yet had with the app (That or the Satan dungeon with the same team)

Seriously Ra with no Heart orbs in the dungeon and everything is 1-hit kills... so awesome
SOD Lucifer makes short work of both of those dungeons. Just bring two max skill heart-producers (I used Siren and Megalodran), and you'll be solid the whole way through.

So next time it is up I am getting a Hera-Is and I have two evolved Heras, as well as a Hades.

Question: Assuming I am playing Horus (currently I grind tough dungeons w/ LuciferX2 or Lucifer/Persephone depending on how much lolcannon I need), do I need to work on Gravity skillups? My experience with Horus is that while he's a better staller than Isis, he still stalls for skills very poorly and I'm worried that I really won't be able to use him for farming descends without shorter gravity cooldowns.

It's a tremendous investment in stones to do this, and I would focus it on Hera-Is and D/L Hades. Just wondering if other Horus players went through the huge pain of skilling up their gravities or not.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So next time it is up I am getting a Hera-Is and I have two evolved Heras, as well as a Hades.

Question: Assuming I am playing Horus (currently I grind tough dungeons w/ LuciferX2 or Lucifer/Persephone depending on how much lolcannon I need), do I need to work on Gravity skillups? My experience with Horus is that while he's a better staller than Isis, he still stalls for skills very poorly and I'm worried that I really won't be able to use him for farming descends without shorter gravity cooldowns.

It's a tremendous investment in stones to do this, and I would focus it on Hera-Is and D/L Hades. Just wondering if other Horus players went through the huge pain of skilling up their gravities or not.

For what it's worth, having skilled up gravity is useful on ANY team, but especially on burst teams. Typically, a strong burst team has a lower HP pool than a tank team (duh). So it's important to have the ability to chop off major chunks of boss HP as to speed up your kill.

Example - Zeus has ~3.9m HP. One 30% grav chops off ~1.12m HP. While you CAN charge in that dungeon, sometimes, you can't. Satan is another good example...6.67m HP. You can't stall in that dungeon, but if you can poop hearts a little bit and stall enough to max a grav? That's 2m HP.

E: I know you're not stupid and you can do gravity math, but I'm more using the numbers to show that burst teams can't really spit out 2 gravities worth of damage on super high HP bosses (3.4m damage on Satan).

Nista

Ra, like Horus and Lucifer, has terrible awoken skills. So don't make it a priority, and certainly don't waste Tamadras on him.

Oh it's not a high priority, but I'm tired of having 3 Ras hanging around in my box, taking up space. I mean they are nice for blasting through wed/fri dungeons, but otherwise kind of useless.

I'm still not sure who I'll spend my first tamadra on. The only stuff I've awakened so far is the extra samurai dragons and such I had farmed up.

Ashodin

just read the awakening FAQ wow I thought you needed the tamadra and a dupe monster to get an awakening

when I first heard of awakening I also thought it was a one time only thing but it is permanent right? >__>

Yep it's totally a part of the game now.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
just read the awakening FAQ wow I thought you needed the tamadra and a dupe monster to get an awakening

when I first heard of awakening I also thought it was a one time only thing but it is permanent right? >__>

Permanent - yes! And you only need one of those two materials, not both. :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
awesome, I should have read up on it sooner, I was wondering why everyone was so hyped for it.

some of them don't make too much sense though, why would goemon and echidna block dark attacks lol

Some of them are pretty dumb, yes. Echidna's 3rd ASkill, however, is not terrible given her low stat line.

Goemon is one of those monsters that is, quite frankly, not really worth awakening.

Yeah. I'm sitting on 3 TAMADRAS and not sure what to use them on. The 2 Odins look like good candidates, but I don't use them much. But that could change with the new Awoken skills. That's probably why GH is updating some normal special dungeons to technical dungeons. Dual GrOdins with autoheal Awoken skills would be pretty broken in most normal dungeons. They could reduce a single 25K damage attack to just 1000 damage and autoheal it in a single turn. Add additional sub members with autoheal Awoken skills and you increase the damage you can take every turn.

I've even theorized a possible farm team for Celestial Black Dragon:

7H766CZ.png

Golem must be max skilled or 1 less if helper Odin only has 1 Skill Boost. Same for the Ogres. With all monsters having maximum Awakenings, this team has a total Skill Boost of 11, allowing the Ogres and Golem to activate their skills on the first turn. With Golem activated, each Ogre's skill will kill every High Dragon of the opposite color. The only flaw with this team is that it requires at least 1 Dragon to be the only one of its element to appear. So, if 2 Ruby and 2 Sapphires appear in the first battle, you'll need to sweep the round and hope you can single out 1 of the King Dragons in the next battle. You need something like 2 Ruby, 1 Sapphire, 1 Emerald, or 3 Emerald, 1 Sapphire so you can single out 1 Dragon while recharging all skills. Dual Odins with autoheal fully recovers HP every turn. As long as the dungeon starts out with a singled-out High Dragon the rest of the dungeon should be a breeze. Once both Odins are charged, it makes it even easier to manage the rest of the battles by eliminating all but 1 Dragon each round to recharge skills. In the boss round, 1-shot each of the side Dragons and slowly kill Zaerog with Odins' skills which should deal over 200K damage every 17 turns for maxed-out Odins without +ATK or skill-ups. Odins reduce Zaerog's attack to 4000 damage every 3 turns. Odins' autoheal will recover 3000HP in that span, so you only need to heal 1000 HP every 3 turns, which shouldn't be a problem. Even if only 1 Odin has autoheal, it shouldn't be hard to heal 2500HP every 3 turns.

Having a consistent farm team for Celestial Black Dragon would be great, but the most unreliable part will be finding GrOdin helpers with at least 1 Skill Boost Awakening. I might have to run a second account on another device to roll a GrOdin and Awaken him with 1 Skill Boost just to use as a constant helper for farming this dungeon.

I've been playing the JP version for a week now, but I must say that I love the new sound effects for Skill Ups and Awakenings. Still not as heart warming than +eggs, but it's close!

xCobalt

Got an eggdra in my very first metal dragon run. Used it on my Kirin. Planning on giving it to monsters who can get enhanced orbs. Way more valuable than additional stats imo.

I've been playing the JP version for a week now, but I must say that I love the new sound effects for Skill Ups and Awakenings. Still not as heart warming than +eggs, but it's close!

i have to be honest....i'm at 278 days and couldn't tell you what any of the sound effects are. Play with the sound muted because it's usually at work or at night in bed.

edit : dammit guys...double

tr4656

What is the sound effect? I turn off all my sound because its generally pretty annoying. Now I feel like I'm missing something.

If I'm alone, I'll have the sound effects on at least. I'll have the music on for special occasions (the music for the collabo on JP side is too hilarious not to listen to). There's something about the sound of the orbs when you're shuffling the board is calming to me (weird I know). The skill-up sound effect used to be the same as the level up sound effect. It was change in v6.0. It's just a trumpet-y type noise.

You guys really can't remember the noise effect for +egg drops?? For shame!

Ashodin

If I'm alone, I'll have the sound effects on at least. I'll have the music on for special occasions (the music for the collabo on JP side is too hilarious not to listen to). There's something about the sound of the orbs when you're shuffling the board is calming to me (weird I know). The skill-up sound effect used to be the same as the level up sound effect. It was change in v6.0. It's just a trumpet-y type noise.

+egg drops are "CHING CHING CHING YOU HIT THE JACKPOT"

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah. I'm sitting on 3 TAMADRAS and not sure what to use them on. The 2 Odins look like good candidates, but I don't use them much. But that could change with the new Awoken skills. That's probably why GH is updating some normal special dungeons to technical dungeons. Dual GrOdins with autoheal Awoken skills would be pretty broken in most normal dungeons. They could reduce a single 25K damage attack to just 1000 damage and autoheal it in a single turn. Add additional sub members with autoheal Awoken skills and you increase the damage you can take every turn.

I've even theorized a possible farm team for Celestial Black Dragon:

7H766CZ.png

Golem must be max skilled or 1 less if helper Odin only has 1 Skill Boost. Same for the Ogres. With all monsters having maximum Awakenings, this team has a total Skill Boost of 11, allowing the Ogres and Golem to activate their skills on the first turn. With Golem activated, each Ogre's skill will kill every High Dragon of the opposite color. The only flaw with this team is that it requires at least 1 Dragon to be the only one of its element to appear. So, if 2 Ruby and 2 Sapphires appear in the first battle, you'll need to sweep the round and hope you can single out 1 of the King Dragons in the next battle. You need something like 2 Ruby, 1 Sapphire, 1 Emerald, or 3 Emerald, 1 Sapphire so you can single out 1 Dragon while recharging all skills. Dual Odins with autoheal fully recovers HP every turn. As long as the dungeon starts out with a singled-out High Dragon the rest of the dungeon should be a breeze. Once both Odins are charged, it makes it even easier to manage the rest of the battles by eliminating all but 1 Dragon each round to recharge skills. In the boss round, 1-shot each of the side Dragons and slowly kill Zaerog with Odins' skills which should deal over 200K damage every 17 turns for maxed-out Odins without +ATK or skill-ups. Odins reduce Zaerog's attack to 4000 damage every 3 turns. Odins' autoheal will recover 3000HP in that span, so you only need to heal 1000 HP every 3 turns, which shouldn't be a problem. Even if only 1 Odin has autoheal, it shouldn't be hard to heal 2500HP every 3 turns.

Having a consistent farm team for Celestial Black Dragon would be great, but the most unreliable part will be finding GrOdin helpers with at least 1 Skill Boost Awakening. I might have to run a second account on another device to roll a GrOdin and Awaken him with 1 Skill Boost just to use as a constant helper for farming this dungeon.

I think this needs to be tried immediately. If this works, holy shit.

Chozo

Had to burn a stone on Hades, but finally got past Tomb of the Saints-Deep. That sweet sweet Lava Tube experience is almost mine.

Also, is it worth putting a lot of effort into the late bloomer dragons? I have a Basilisk and a Dragonette, and while I have enough good dark monsters to not mess with the Basilisk I'm probably going to use Fafnir as a stopgap for my wood team until a better leader comes along (or I'm just grinding and want the damage bonus to farm faster). Is it worth the resources to evolve any of them to their dual-element forms, or is it just mostly for giggles if I have the evo materials lying around?

coy

Haha I am the same way! Will usually be on mute as I'm mostly at work or with others. During those lovely moments when I can game alone, however, the sound comes on. Also, sound is guaranteed on during any descended runs or during godfests. Nothing beats that chime when an egg comes out with +stat - even better when the egg is gold!

Still never had a Tamadra drop in JP out of the 2 I've seen and nothing seen on US side.

Had to burn a stone on Hades, but finally got past Tomb of the Saints-Deep. That sweet sweet Lava Tube experience is almost mine.

Also, is it worth putting a lot of effort into the late bloomer dragons? I have a Basilisk and a Dragonette, and while I have enough good dark monsters to not mess with the Basilisk I'm probably going to use Fafnir as a stopgap for my wood team until a better leader comes along (or I'm just grinding and want the damage bonus to farm faster). Is it worth the resources to evolve any of them to their dual-element forms, or is it just mostly for giggles if I have the evo materials lying around?
Personally, I say no. I don't know if others will agree, but I can't think of any reason I would use any of them.

E: As for audio, I do usually play on mute, but I do actually like the game audio a lot. So, like you guys, when I'm alone, I'll turn the sound on. Additionally, sometimes I'll plug in headphones or plug the phone into the AUX jack of my car. You really need to try this because it brings out nuance that's otherwise inaudible on phone speakers, and the music sounds amazing.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
nicoga....congrats on getting a link on the Facebook group. Guess we'll have more people showing up here :D

Hot damn, Jessica Chow put it in the sticky! That's awesome! It became clear to me that there was a HUGE misunderstanding about Awakening still, so I'm glad my post was at least somewhat helpful to folks!

Amon37

6 dark keepers and only 2 rainbow keepers on 6 runs. I got the first two in a row then went rainbow less for the next 4.

I'm hoping for at least 2 Mystic masks tomorrow.

6 dark keepers and only 2 rainbow keepers on 6 runs. I got the first two in a row then went rainbow less for the next 4.

I'm hoping for at least 2 Mystic masks tomorrow.

running the dailies without 2x drop is a futile effort. Best to wait for an event (they come often) or OoH/SS on the weekends

maks

Taking suggestions for thread title? How about...

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| They see me Rollin' they Hatin'

Top Bottom