• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

We should add a common abbreviation section to the OP. It would probably be a big help to the new players who aren't familiar with the lingo.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
We should add a common abbreviation section to the OP. It would probably be a big help to the new players who aren't familiar with the lingo.

Good plan. I'll work on something tomorrow. If there are any worth mentioning, please post away. I plan to explain the basic dungeon abbreviations, team designations (especially things like 2/4/2, 4/4/2, etc), things like MS, SoD Luci, ADK, CDK, etc.

I'm trimming down certain aspects of the old OT still...If you hadn't noticed, I've eliminated the tier lists. I've cut it down to "Start with these monsters or just play casually" basically, ha.

Next event starting Thursday. Just in time to powerlevel cactus girls

Nice. I'll have about 25 cracks at Venus skillups by then, so if I absolutely have to keep grinding ECO during the event I can.

New Zeus busty is cool. Wodner what his new leader skill is and if he is going to get a new subtype (Physical?). Still very useful drop-in for Horus teams without a Hades and a great stat stick overall in those colors.

Forz

After about a 6 month break, I'm ready to jump back into PAD. Unfortunately, I feel even further behind with all of these new monsters out. Maybe my rare pull luck will increase this time around.

Ashodin

BASED UNDINE

BWHRpGOCIAEbdVM.jpg:large

I'm totally evo'ing mine, and giving her max Awaken. Yup.

razterik

Doubt it means anything. Undine has all the colors in her staff, the new knight ultimates have multiple colors on weapons/armor. The artist just wants to shove colors and runes everywhere.

*Harvest Festival Event*
[Duration]: 10/10 (Thu), midnight - 10/16 (Wed), 11:59 PM (PDT)

The great and mighty armored goddess Athena will finally descend, so it's time to reap the benefits of our fantastic new P&D Harvest Festival event.

■① Daily Log-in Bonuses
1 Free Magic Stone [10/10 4:00 AM - 10/17 3:59 AM]
※Magic Stone will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

■② TAMADRA Discovered!
[Duration]: 10/10 (Thu), midnight - 10/16 (Wed), 11:59 PM (PDT)
The adorable TAMADRA has been discovered! Everyone gets one shot at this limited Dungeon.

■③ Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
10/10 - 10/12 Tower of Jewel
10/10 - Hera-Is Descended!
10/13 - The Goddess Descended!
10/14 - Athena Descended!
10/15 - Hera Descended!
10/16 - Dark Night Sword

■④ Awesome Daily Bonuses
2x King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
[We will also have a special visits from the Pengdra Village and Super King Dragons - (including an invasion from one of the Jeweled Super Kings)]
2x Drops for special daily Dungeons
1.5x Coins for the Weekend Tricolor Dungeon
2x Skill Up rate
Rare Evo Materials at the Pal Egg Machine

[Godfest info coming soon!]

Can't wait for Athena. Should be a fun challenge.

And I am so glad this starts on a Thursday. Need to evo these cacti asap. My box space is very low right now.

Going to have to pass on Athena, but am totally going to try to score my first Hera-Is. Kind of annoyed it is on the same day as plants, given how many I need for all these cacti in my box.

Zero_IYAD

Hera-Is & Valkyrie.. Am ready to burn my heart till I get a drop from Legend *__*

Already got a team to tackle Valkyrie..
What to use against Hera-Is?

Edit: Hera-Is seems impossible to beat with all these crazy monsters x_X !

Limit

I'm looking at Athena descended monster lineup at puzzledragonx and Lucifer team seems like a lost cause here.

Amon37

Yes pump my vampire lord and odin full of kings, then I need 2 Mystic masks 2 dragon fruits and light mylthit and ill be able evolve

Luci
odin
vamp lord
dark dragon knight

Kreed

I'm looking at Athena descended monster lineup at puzzledragonx and Lucifer team seems like a lost cause here.

Always good to check out the Chinese Wikia for new dungeons that have been in Japan for a while:

http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/アテナ_降臨!/參考隊伍

There's a couple of Lucifer helper teams that can supposedly zero/low stone on this list. I think I'm going to try the mono fire team first before relying on the spike damage monsters:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DRiXWPdN-iQ

linsivvi

Spent the whole day upgrading my old phone because it'll no longer run PAD with its low internal memory (350MB). Unlocked bootloader, installed custom firmware, installed a neat mod that magically gives me 2GB of internal memory, painfully reinstall all my apps and finally get everything up and running.

Wasted a whole day of stamina but it's worth it.

Radav

Can't wait for Athena. Should be a fun challenge.

And I am so glad this starts on a Thursday. Need to evo these cacti asap. My box space is very low right now.

Athena!!!!! Not even sure I've got a chance at beating that one. I was really worried they would start the event on Friday so happy to see it starts tomorrow. Definitely in need of a bunch of evo mats for these cacti.

Tobe

so ive gotten a couple of dragons and i think they are evolution material like the mask. should i keep them or should i feed them to my I&I?? i still havent rolled so ive stocked 7 stones (used 3 on capacity)

so ive gotten a couple of dragons and i think they are evolution material like the mask. should i keep them or should i feed them to my I&I?? i still havent rolled so ive stocked 7 stones (used 3 on capacity)
If they're enhance material, they are meant to be used as EXP fodder. High and King dragons are particularly good for this purpose, regular old jewel dragons are usually better off used to evolve Pengdras.

So Athena...

Satan team? Everything heals you when you start the match, so it might be viable.

Leader: Satan

Hera-Is
Duke Vamp Lord
King Baddie
No Clue for fourth member as I will not have Loki the finisher in time (no rainbow keeper until tuesday unless I get ridiculously lucky with Pal pulls)

Friend Leader Satan.

Other Awesome Devil creatures I have are Hera-Ur, D/D Hades (Skill level 3), Dark Neptune, Dark Minerva, awoken Hera, and a level 50 max skilled light demon (final Evo).

Also thinking about rolling my busty Dark starter (need that extra attack so no loki) and friend SoD Luci with the following

Hera-IS,
Duke Vamp Lord
Siren
D/D Hades

I would probably eat a stone on Gigas, but the rest of the run should not be too bad after that

ARGH! that Gigas breaks SoD Luci teams,

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
We should add a common teams section to the OP. It would probably be a big help to the new players.

That's sort of the plan. A lot of us have the luxury subs, so I'd need help to provide teams that DON'T assume everyone has Zeus, Hera, Ceres, Venus, etc.

StMeph

I watched the video and he was healing like 10Khp easily. That team must be very high level with lots of +eggs.

He mentions in the teambuilding that Flare Drall (or busty Megalodran) can replace Homura. Homura's just to speed up the run, especially since Siegfried will change random orbs to water. I don't think many people are going to be able to max skill Drall in time, though, since we only just got the ECO collaboration, and that requires a bunch of evolution materials.

Still, even if the team can't 0-stone it, I think it's a bit silly to only attempt with the certainty of 0-stones when Athena is so good.

I watched the video and he was healing like 10Khp easily. That team must be very high level with lots of +eggs.

I noted that too,but I don't think it was too extreme +eggs (though there definitely were some there, no doubt). 2x RCV+6 match combos still heals for a lot.

I did some rough calcs and it looks like (may be wrong, doing this at work w/o video access of memory of his team) he'd need around 100-150 +RCV eggs or so on his team for the healing values on display.Not that extreme.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
He mentions in the teambuilding that Flare Drall (or busty Megalodran) can replace Homura. Homura's just to speed up the run, especially since Siegfried will change random orbs to water. I don't think many people are going to be able to max skill Drall in time, though, since we only just got the ECO collaboration, and that requires a bunch of evolution materials.

Still, even if the team can't 0-stone it, I think it's a bit silly to only attempt with the certainty of 0-stones when Athena is so good.

Is she? I haven't paid much attention to her, so I don't know if she's really that great. I'm going to get her no matter what (like any 100% drop dungeon, I'm prepared to spend 5-10 stones on it), but I'm just unsure of what makes her great yet.

linsivvi

Hmm, maybe I should give that a try as well then. I can replace Phoenix with Horus.

Probably can clear with less stones than using a Horus+Ra team.

He did mention he used a +297 Ares friend though.

Radav

Is she? I haven't paid much attention to her, so I don't know if she's really that great. I'm going to get her no matter what (like any 100% drop dungeon, I'm prepared to spend 5-10 stones on it), but I'm just unsure of what makes her great yet.

If someone would like to explain I'd appreciate it as well. I'm missing what makes her so great also.

If someone would like to explain I'd appreciate it as well. I'm missing what makes her so great also.

likewise.

HP is decent...ATK is epic....RCV is, 0. I guess if you have a ton of good gods? Awakened skills aren't so great either.

That being said, i'll probably blitz with Ra/Horus

J0dy77

Finally taking some time to look at the Awoken abilities. So they buffed Kirin even more and gave Horus the total shaft which is disapointing. Seriously, reduction to red/blue/green? What a waste for a burst team.

Are Isis and Byakku on the same level as Horus after getting Awoken skills? I played with a twice awoken Isis and those + eggs were falling like crazy. The damage would be crazy having dual isis byakku and +eggs everywhere.

StMeph

Athena does everything the old Blue Odin did, but better. 3x ATK for Gods makes a better-statted sweep/farm team than Healers, and with more versatile options for skills. There are way more combinations for Gods than Healers, Balance, and (arguably) Devils.

And her active is to boost Light and Wood orbs, so there's that.

I don't think she's required to 0-stone any particularly challenging content, but there's potential there when you can enable a mono-light 9x team without any conditions.

God ATK x3 and orb boost for light and green (similar to Hera-Ur)

it does make green/light god teams pretty good, but yeah not sure if I am missing the awesomeness or not...

Still no Gravity for Green monsters..

Athena also hits like a complete truck and has the fork attack awaken to hit another monster if you have a four match (not hard).

Dat 1900 ATK.

Dunlop

I'm 1 for 3 but next week drop rate is increased.

4 runs and 0

5th run I use a mono black group for the first time, get a mystic mask drop in round one but because I could not charge up abilities I get stomped by 3 mask in round 2

I'm not sure why this game hates me....

Top Bottom