• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Jagernaut

Still trying for S rank on Ancient Light dragon but only getting A 's. On the plus side I got a Unicorn invade instead of the Lilith sub boss. I wanted one for my collection.

Edit. My best average combo was 9.1. If I could get to 10 I would have the S but skyfalls were not good.

Zero_IYAD

New urgent/guerilla dungeon monster:

8oopyVD.jpg

Ultimate Mastering:

iq5C2T7.jpg

fPkCU6e.jpg

Hey guys, I've been out of the game for like 8 months, lost my old account so am starting a new one. I've been pulling starting rolls for the last few days every once in a while in my offtime. So far have only pulled 3 cards that are only attainable from the REM. First Vritra, second Hanzo, third, Pandora. I have no idea how good Pandora is...my tentative plan right now is to keep her and save up coins for the first godfest, see what I pull there and reroll if I get crap. Is this a good plan? Is Pandora decent for a starter?

Alternatively, I could keep pulling for the black Chinese God, Lubu, Lucifer, or that Japanese 2.0 black God. Eventually I will probably pull one of those, but I'm wondering if pandora is worth keeping?

I find Pandora strong but only situationally useful. She needs a lot of support from max skilled, sometimes REM-only mons to work, so as a starter roll she isn't very useful unless you're planning on whaling from the get go.

Dammit! Cleared Light Whiskey like 10 times now, and can't score an S. Highest score is 190K. Skyfalls just aren't happening enough, even when I make 8 manual matches. Don't know why, when I used to consistently get combos in the teens and twenties when I used to farm weekend dungeon. Maybe I should just bring orb changers to reduce the board to 3 orbs almost every turn. Running dual Anubis with 2 max awoken Yomi and Blue and Green Odin. But I think all that time extension and CTW is not really needed in a tri-color dungeon. I think trying to make too many matches each turn leaves too many scattered orbs that it hurts skyfall matches.

xCobalt

Dammit! Cleared Light Whiskey like 10 times now, and can't score an S. Highest score is 190K. Skyfalls just aren't happening enough, even when I make 8 manual matches. Don't know why, when I used to consistently get combos in the teens and twenties when I used to farm weekend dungeon. Maybe I should just bring orb changers to reduce the board to 3 orbs almost every turn. Running dual Anubis with 2 max awoken Yomi and Blue and Green Odin. But I think all that time extension and CTW is not really needed in a tri-color dungeon. I think trying to make too many matches each turn leaves too many scattered orbs that it hurts skyfall matches.

Have you tried bringing down your average team rarity?

xCobalt

Having 10+ combo average plus using only 10 turns is guaranteed 200k no reason to lower rarity.

But you're not guaranteed a 10+ combo average. You could run into a bad board, make a mistake or like GC mentioned, no skyfalls. If you decide to lower your team rarity, that's a surefire way to increase you score.

Have you tried bringing down your average team rarity?
I did, but I went extreme with dual Anubis and 4 masks. Which is a must to sweep every floor, because I couldn't survive a single hit. Of course, I had a round where I failed to make at least 8 matches. I might be able to find a balance with less masks to lower rarity but still be able to tank some hits. Or I might try that orb changer idea.

Jagernaut

I haven't unlocked the dark keeper subdungeon nor do I have a Ronia

You can one shot the Purple Stone Dragon with a Valkyrie team if you bring King Shynee and a high hp monster (I used ultimate Gigas). You need over 12,764 to survive a hit from the dark keeper.

My team was

Valk
King Shynee
CoC Healer
Ultimate Siren
Ultimate Gigas
Valk.

BOOM!

pnTRZLr.png

Got it on my first try after I substituted the 2 Yomi and Grodin for 3 orb changers. Kept Blodin for his 3 skill boosts so I could start orb changing by turn 3 and get to use them more than once. If only I'd thought about this 8 runs sooner, but I had to think back to what I using to run the weekend dungeon, when I used to consistently score high combos.

There is any real info about if the order of killing the enemies matter for loot or is already calculated when you start the battle?
Doesn't matter. Packet sniffing has proven that drops are predetermined once you enter the dungeon.

hermit7

Just reached 100 stamina finally. Now I can run super metal and jewel dragons twice before stoning! Yeah for wasting less stamina

razterik

I haven't unlocked the dark keeper subdungeon nor do I have a Ronia

Bet you can do it with a Light Tron team fairly easily. I did it with my Valk squad when it came out, before I had Venus or skill boosts.

Took a couple tries, but S-Ranked Light Whiskey with Kushi/Anubis. Took a couple Vamps, a 1 star mask, and a dark pirate. Since your HP is pretty low, I found Kushi a better pair in case you fall short of activating Anubis. Can still knock out a couple mobs that way. Bastet might work equally well, but I liked Kushi so I could survive a hit from Lilith.

razterik

Ten Porings and five more full sets of the other *rings. Wow, he better get some extra awakenings from this. Hope this means we see an updated version of Poring Tower, maybe add Legend difficulty?

Kreed

I called it
PZI1X1G.jpg

New L.Skill is 2.5/1.5/1 to Physical.

There's also going to be a completely new RO Collab dungeon with different mobs in it
http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140508_sinka.html

When Gungho first started doing these ultimates, I was happy that they were making a lot of these old units more useful again. Now it just seems like they are trolling their base with hard to obtain evo materials and a very small payoff.

Hige

Just finished my very first descend! Used two stones due to some stupidity while trying to stall and Minerva smacking me dead when I miscalculated my combo. Nuked the rest of the bosses with my Kirin/Kirin team. :)

Althane

Hera today? I should pay more attention to schedules.

Oh well, I want her, I don't know if I really have the team to take her down, but I've got a few guides.

WISH ME LUCK!

(I'm also driving for 85% of the day, so I might as well enter it and let my stam regen while driving. That way, I don't really care if I lose)

am_dragon

Poring's aren't that hard to get I have 3 Masterings, with 2 of them max skill and 1 awoken. I was going for that team of 5 Masterings but fed 2 when awoken was added. Now devilings those are a pain to get.

Out side of the fact that the dungeon doesn't come around often that is.

quin

39 +eggs in 50 minutes. Not a bad little dungeon!

It was made for Satan or any of the 3.5x monsters. Really easy.

Ducarmel

which one?

I think he is talking about the new guerrilla dungeon that has an even higher +egg drop then jewel dungeon that is out on the Japanese server.

Well, live and learn. Fed a Tamadra to my Pandora, but she's still in her first form so she didn't awaken...

I cant confirm this but a few pages back another poster mentioned that people have feed tamadra to un-evolved monsters and when they evolved them they had their awakenings.

J0dy77

Anyone want my JP account? I barely play my US account anymore, JP taking a back seat. I'm just logging for the daily at this point. Kirin (Max), Haku, Cao Cao, Parvati, Mei Mei, Robin, BAO Batman are some of the highlights.

I'll post some box pics later.

Anyone want my JP account? I barely play my US account anymore, JP taking a back seat. I'm just logging for the daily at this point. Kirin (Max), Haku, Cao Cao, Parvati, Mei Mei, Robin, BAO Batman are some of the highlights.

I'll post some box pics later.

Yes....

Please.

You guys remember that Zaerog farming team I theorized a while ago? Well I've been able to put it together for a while now, but completely forgot about it until today, since there's nothing I need to farm today. I took it into Zaerog's dungeon along with the only fully awoken Grodin on my friend's list. Worked like a charm, but unfortunately Zaerog didn't drop. But holy fuck, the run took FOREVER! The only damage I was doing to Zaerog was from the 2 Grodins. Mine is max skilled but the helper didn't have any skill-ups. As long as you make a single Heart match between each Zaerog attack, you're in no danger of losing. I had flashbacks to my first Rainbow Keeper clear, before the nerf. If anyone forgot or didn't see my original post, the way it works, is all the Ogres and Golem are max-skilled, so all 4 of them are active on turn 1, allowing me to armor break and kill off all but one High Dragon. Then, recharge skills, kill off the High Dragon, and repeat for each floor. Zaerog is just a matter of attrition and clearing orbs each turn to make sure you can always make a Heart match between Zaerog's attacks. Grodin will be your only source of damage against it.

vv15xod.png

edit: I just looked at the recommended team section on PADX, and it looks like someone also posted a similar team but using a Knight for defense break instead of a Golem. But I also saw another team that I can also put together that would work better.

Grodin
Blodin
Tengu (I'd substitute my awoken Rodin for more damage, or another Blodin works, too)
Golem
Lilith
Grodin

Same concept, but should take down Zaerog much faster with 2 more Odins and Lilith's poison to add damage. And you don't even need to manually heal between Zaerog attacks, since Lilith has an autoheal awakening, letting you fully heal without Hearts.

Another edit: One of the Odins needs to be max-skilled for the second team in order to be ready for rd 2.

You guys remember that Zaerog farming team I theorized a while ago? Well I've been able to put it together for a while now, but completely forgot about it until today, since there's nothing I need to farm today. I took it into Zaerog's dungeon along with the only fully awoken Grodin on my friend's list. Worked like a charm, but unfortunately Zaerog didn't drop. But holy fuck, the run took FOREVER! The only damage I was doing to Zaerog was from the 2 Grodins. Mine is max skilled but the helper didn't have any skill-ups. As long as you make a single Heart match between each Zaerog attack, you're in no danger of losing. I had flashbacks to my first Rainbow Keeper clear, before the nerf. If anyone forgot or didn't see my original post, the way it works, is all the Ogres and Golem are max-skilled, so all 4 of them are active on turn 1, allowing me to armor break and kill off all but one High Dragon. Then, recharge skills, kill off the High Dragon, and repeat for each floor. Zaerog is just a matter of attrition and clearing orbs each turn to make sure you can always make a Heart match between Zaerog's attacks. Grodin will be your only source of damage against it.

vv15xod.png

Damn. I have everything minus the golem. Is there anything that could sub in its place GC?

Top Bottom