• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

That's kind of the point. If they did, pretty much anyone would be able to put together the most insane Ronia/ other burst team imaginable. Wouldn't be much of a "challenge" mode.

Yeah but some of the later dungeons seem impossible without a second leader skill. I guess you could go for a high damage zombie team since you only need one leader skill for that.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Yeah but some of the later dungeons seem impossible without a second leader skill. I guess you could go for a high damage zombie team since you only need one leader skill for that.

Awoken skills do matter. I have seen on tube some jap player cleared Kouryu dungeon challenge mode using 6 Ronias, or using a trifruit as leader to clear the Athena dungeon manually as challenge mode.

Definitely doable.

Jagernaut

Yes! Finally S ranked Ancient Light. I made many 7 combos myself and had enough skyfall combos to push my average up to 9.7

Now I'm done with this dungeon.

Jagernaut

Took me awhile too. Managed to get a really high combo, around 35 or so, which really helped.

I used most of my natural stamina since Monday on this dungeon. My winning team was:

Bastet leader - max awoken
D/W Vampire - max skilled
W/D Vampire - no skillups
Dark Metatron - max awoken
D/D Batman - max awoken (in case I need delay)
Coy's +297 max awoken Bastet

I killed the dragon in 2 turns with 2 consecutive Vampire orb changes and 16x attacks.

linsivvi

Everything's possible. In fact, it occasionally makes it easier for non-IAP players to clear those dungeons than in normal mode, simply because of the fact that you can have 5 +297 friends of Godfest only monsters.

Diodiablo

Banned
Finally got my first Hera Descended clear. Took a while but it feels great, a pity not having more GOdin friends, I could have run it another couple of times before the dungeon left.

J0dy77

What's everyone doing with the recent Tamdra explosion we've had? Any mobs you've keyed on for specific teams? I dumped 4 into Susano for the double bind resist, will be a big help in certain dungeons. I'll dump another 4 into the Qiao sister's once I evolve them for Horus team (time delay is too strong).

Edit: Anyone found a consistent team for Friday Mythical? What a piece of shit. 150 stamina down due to orb trolling on first turn or random bullshit. "I see you've matched a 3 combo, here's a sky fall mass attack to f your world.".

What's everyone doing with the recent Tamdra explosion we've had? Any mobs you've keyed on for specific teams? I dumped 4 into Susano for the double bind resist, will be a big help in certain dungeons. I'll dump another 4 into the Qiao sister's once I evolve them for Horus team (time delay is too strong).

Filling out my Pandora team. Used three on D/D Basilik and one more on D/D Hades for that row enhance. Wish I could get a little more consistent with her, just not enough low CD orb changers that I can squeeze onto the team.

Using :

Vamp
Basilik
Hades
Haku
2x Pandora

now

What's everyone doing with the recent Tamdra explosion we've had? Any mobs you've keyed on for specific teams?

Tamadra explosion? I finished awakening Ultimate Attacker Yomi, Unit 13 (shinji x Kauru), Loki, and got three awakenings into Freyr.

Loki is for a dark focused Ronia team (6 dark row boost)
Freyr is for Dual Shiva team (7 Red Row boost, and if I ever get an Ifrit 9 red row boost)
Ultimate attacker Yomi is for Anubis, Ra, and Haku teams (also applies for D Meta, but I don't have her)
Unit 13 is for Haku, Lucifer and it has an attacker team, but it's really low HP (Hanzo, Deathstroke, Ultimate attacker Lilith and Ultimate Attacker Yomi are the subs)

Now if I ever get that Ifrit, I'll probably reconsider my Ronia team (from black to red) but until then that's a lot of boost...

EDIT: I have a shiva team I want to try out on Friday mythical. anyone have a ultimate Shiva they can let me use?

I fully awoke Ra and went ahead at maxed my previously fully awoken monsters that got the new skill bind resist awakening. Now I'm down to 11. Glad I didn't jump the gun before and awaken the Fruit Dragons. I don't see any teams I would use them in, yet. Also, waiting for Top Droidragon to get awakenings. I'm also contemplating awakening F/D Minerva since I'll hopefully have her max-skilled during the next 2x skill-up event. 50% defense break every 3 turns is pretty good. She's a F/D Devil which works great with Ronia, and her awakenings are all good.

Jonsoncao

Banned
DNFc8GW.png

Ran pengdra village 5 times, got 10 dark pengdra = 450k dark exp, woot.

Even better than super metal! (which is about 200k exp per run on average)

J0dy77

I fully awoke Ra and went ahead at maxed my previously fully awoken monsters that got the new skill bind resist awakening. Now I'm down to 11. Glad I didn't jump the gun before and awaken the Fruit Dragons. I don't see any teams I would use them in, yet. Also, waiting for Top Droidragon to get awakenings. I'm also contemplating awakening F/D Minerva since I'll hopefully have her max-skilled during the next 2x skill-up event. 50% defense break every 3 turns is pretty good. She's a F/D Devil which works great with Ronia, and her awakenings are all good.

I'll probably do Ra as well. I need to change him from D/L to L/L eventually. Does anyone know if awakenings stay if you roll a character back? The dark and light versions have different awakenings on Ra.

Quantum

Whats the cost effective way to level up monsters these days then? (Edit: That sounded unintentionally snarky, Im genuinely curious)

I would like to know too - I still think its the damned pendra evolved. (how do you pluralize that?)

I have so many mobs I'd like to level but haven't spent stones to power collect and evolve the pendra.

Whats the cost effective way to level up monsters these days then? (Edit: That sounded unintentionally snarky, Im genuinely curious)

I knew hotness is to level up trash mobs until 40, then feed the level 40 trash to themselves to create level 70 trash (like a mid ninja) and then feed five of them.

It takes longer, but you are already getting the trash drops from descends and weekly trophy dragons, might as well use them...

That and farming Super metals, and eschewing all other EXP up dungeons...

Stealth EDIT: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

Got through Twinlits with minimal risk. Dual Ultimate Shivas (both fully awoken, mine has 1 skill up which saves a stalling turn), Ronia (no skill ups but fully awoken), King Baddie, Hera-Ur, and a fully bind resistant monster (I used a Ultimate Ammy, but a Grodin, or something else that can fully resist binds will work).

Take down all but 2 mythlits first turn, charge while they endlessly try to bind your bind resistant monster. Once stalled kill (I used Ammy to release all binds and then kill). Activate Shiva, 1 shot dublits, preemptives will cause you to lose the first shiva activation so activate your second shiva and 1 shot dubmyths and baby tama, then Ronia, hera-ur and Kind Baddie to one shot angelit and devilit.

Got another angelit, I need to start working on skilling up my raphael... I need Devilits and all I get are angelits... It was really good to me too, mythlit and dubmythlit dropped...

Jonsoncao

Banned

Two rules I follow:

1. The fodder's exp when fed to others must be greatly exceeding the exp of its own.
2. The trash mob must be reaching its "max fodder level" by using the T5,T6 trash mobs.

The max fodder level can be simply calculated by maximizing the following function:

F(level) = (level)*(fodder exp per level) - (exponential growth constant)*e^(level)

subject to the constraint (the fodder total exp) < (the money cost to fusion it).

A notable example is that 3 star Ogre's max fodder level for a lv 40-60 monster of interest is 12, while 10, 11, and 13 are good as well.

For the pengdra cycle, suppose you have an unlimited supply of dragon plant, the exp per stamina of pengdra vil+metal dragon is much higher than super metal.

Nista

Could someone put up a Red Chaser so I could try some Tengu please? I keep wanting to use GC's but since I'm at work I think it times out on the leader list pretty quickly. :)

Nista

Lol. Sorry, I'm not constantly farming since I play with available stamina now. Just 140 minutes to go for another run! Just refreshed for you though.

Yeah I usually don't play at work much unless there's super golds or something, but I'm close to a rank up so I wanted to burn my stamina on an attempt. You're the only friend I have with a maxed out Chaser, so I appreciate the refresh! :)

linsivvi

Is that the new analysis on it? I honestly don't know, since I haven't farmed Pengdra in forever. But he mentioned 450K Dark exp which is only possible if he evos all those Dark Pengdra.

Nah, it's still as effective as before. It's just that high level players won't need to bother with pengrdas when we see all these super metal and king carnival dungeons regularly.

Speaking of which, super gold coming up!

Tobe

What is this forum's policy for discussing hacks for single player games such as Puzzle and Dragons? Frowned upon I assume?

discussing on how it works i guess its fine. i would treat it as piracy tho. we can talk about how it works and the craft of it but its a big no admitting doing it.

linsivvi

What is this forum's policy for discussing hacks for single player games such as Puzzle and Dragons? Frowned upon I assume?

I don't think anyone has a problem with hacking an offline single player game like Final Fantasy 4 or whatever, but Puzzle and Dragons is not exactly a single player game and it's a F2P game, which makes a whole world of difference.

There are also Gungho employees posting in this thread and I think it's fairly easy for them to find your in game ID at this point so I would strongly advice against it.

I don't think anyone has a problem with hacking an offline single player game like Final Fantasy 4 or whatever, but Puzzle and Dragons is not exactly a single player game and it's a F2P game, which makes a whole world of difference.

There are also Gungho employees posting in this thread and I think it's fairly easy for them to find your in game ID at this point so I would strongly advice against it.

Yeah, the F2P aspect of it is why I agree with Tobe about most of them being equivalent to piracy.

The main thing I was interested in was something I read about a third party program that aids getting combos. That to me seems somewhat acceptable, because it doesn't attempt to alter coins/stones/stamina/monster box or other things that players would pay for. Though since the punishment for using such programs is a ban from the game it simply isn't worth it.

On that note, does anyone have any tips for how to get good at getting combos? In dungeons where all orb types spawn, I can typically pull off a 5-6 combo each turn. Though people earlier were talking about a 10 average, which seems absolutely impossible so I'm obviously missing some key strategy.

Ducarmel

On that note, does anyone have any tips for how to get good at getting combos? In dungeons where all orb types spawn, I can typically pull off a 5-6 combo each turn. Though people earlier were talking about a 10 average, which seems absolutely impossible so I'm obviously missing some key strategy.

Try to tackle the board in pieces recognize common patterns and slowly use those techniques to manipulate the whole board.

this guide is in another language put the graphs and video are easy to follow.

http://www.thisisgame.com/pad/tboard/?board=22&n=63168

Try to tackle the board in pieces recognize common patterns and slowly use those techniques to manipulate the whole board.

this guide is in another language put the graphs and video are easy to follow.

http://www.thisisgame.com/pad/tboard/?board=22&n=63168

Thanks. My biggest problem is when I use Valkyrie to change a ton of orbs into light orbs. From high level play videos the best way to go about maximizing her skill is to break all the generated light orbs into as many sets of 3 as possible instead of having them all connected.

As for that guide, I am a bit confused by 1-1 to 1-3. That seems to accomplish the same thing as simply switching the top two orbs. I'm confused.

edit: Oh, those are different moves, not different parts to accomplish a single move.

Uthred

Thanks. My biggest problem is when I use Valkyrie to change a ton of orbs into light orbs. From high level play videos the best way to go about maximizing her skill is to break all the generated light orbs into as many sets of 3 as possible instead of having them all connected.

As for that guide, I am a bit confused by 1-1 to 1-3. That seems to accomplish the same thing as simply switching the top two orbs. I'm confused.

edit: Oh, those are different moves, not different parts to accomplish a single move.

I think there are some online tools that you can enter your board layout into and theyll calculate the best way to complete it, bit of a pain in the arse to use I imagine, but might be worth using for descends or other "big ticket" stamina dungeons. (Or just to give you some idea of how you should be breaking down the boards)

I think there are some online tools that you can enter your board layout into and theyll calculate the best way to complete it, bit of a pain in the arse to use I imagine, but might be worth using for descends or other "big ticket" stamina dungeons. (Or just to give you some idea of how you should be breaking down the boards)

Ah that sounds like a good solution. Though if such tools exist why would people even bother hacking their game for the same effect? Stupidity?

Uthred

Ah that sounds like a good solution. Though if such tools exist why would people even bother hacking their game for the same effect? Stupidity?

Ease of use, I know one of the old iOS apps sort of ran "on top" off PAD so once turned on it would even move the orbs for you, the old android ones input the orbs from photos, etc.

Though people earlier were talking about a 10 average, which seems absolutely impossible so I'm obviously missing some key strategy.

The talk concerning 10 combo average was related to tri-color dungeons, which are featured in the weekend dungeon, as well as the "whiskey" dragon dungeons (one of which is running right now).

Even with a reduced number of orbs to match, maintaining a high combo average can be tricky in these tri-color dungeons because you will still rely on sky drops for additional combos.

NineH

Finally got my first Hera Descended clear. Took a while but it feels great, a pity not having more GOdin friends, I could have run it another couple of times before the dungeon left.

I have a GrOdin which I never use anymore but I'd be glad to put it up for you in the future when Hera comes back around.

342 144 204

Quantum

Group D in EST/east coast USA has been absolutely shit on lately.

0100 am for the good dungeons 3x in the past 8 days, granted its Saturday, but for something ultrarare like gold supers should be more available.

shinjijai

I knew hotness is to level up trash mobs until 40, then feed the level 40 trash to themselves to create level 70 trash (like a mid ninja) and then feed five of them.

It takes longer, but you are already getting the trash drops from descends and weekly trophy dragons, might as well use them...

That and farming Super metals, and eschewing all other EXP up dungeons...

Stealth EDIT: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

Got through Twinlits with minimal risk. Dual Ultimate Shivas (both fully awoken, mine has 1 skill up which saves a stalling turn), Ronia (no skill ups but fully awoken), King Baddie, Hera-Ur, and a fully bind resistant monster (I used a Ultimate Ammy, but a Grodin, or something else that can fully resist binds will work).

Take down all but 2 mythlits first turn, charge while they endlessly try to bind your bind resistant monster. Once stalled kill (I used Ammy to release all binds and then kill). Activate Shiva, 1 shot dublits, preemptives will cause you to lose the first shiva activation so activate your second shiva and 1 shot dubmyths and baby tama, then Ronia, hera-ur and Kind Baddie to one shot angelit and devilit.

Got another angelit, I need to start working on skilling up my raphael... I need Devilits and all I get are angelits... It was really good to me too, mythlit and dubmythlit dropped...

that's a good strategy, i'll give it a shot next friday. i just hope i have enough f/d shiva friends up on friday.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Group D in EST/east coast USA has been absolutely shit on lately.

0100 am for the good dungeons 3x in the past 8 days, granted its Saturday, but for something ultrarare like gold supers should be more available.

Felt your pain, east coaster and group D as well

To keep going from my Friday post on fire team usages:

Ronia! Her REM heavy team steamrolls Hera and Zues, no king baddie needed. Ronia leads, f/d shiva, Hera-ur, devil Luci, and Loki. Thanks to all the free tamas, the only monster that's not fully awakened is Hera-ur.

Hera: you don't even really have to stall, just play normally and only start using skills at Neptune (shiva).

Zues: stall on masks or chimeras (depending if you can just kill 2 of each without all killing) then use 1 Ronia skill on the chimeras. Unload on Zues.

So row enhancements rock the heck out of the older descends. Of course can't use this for Zues -dios, Beelzebub, or Any of the low cost dungeons.

Tobe

*Flower Power*
[Duration]: 5/13 (Tues), midnight - 5/20 (Tues), 11:59 PM (PDT)

You know what they say--April Showers bring May Flowers! Our Flower Power event is our declaration of Peace, Love, and harmony with Nature! We hope you enjoy this event and spread the love!!

&#9632;&#9312; Daily Log-in Bonuses
5/13 - 5/20 - 1 free Magic Stone daily
&#8251;Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

&#9632;&#9313; Daily Event Dungeon Schedule:
5/13 - Hera-Beorc Descended!
5/14 - Athena Descended!
5/15 - Gaia Descended!
5/16 - Hera-Is Descended!
5/19 - Beelzebub Descended!
5/20 - RO ACE Collab

&#9632;&#9314; A Slew of Special Dungeon Bonuses!
This event features quite a few fan-favorite dungeons! The details are provided below, but each dungeon will feature 2x Egg Drops for 24 hours on key days! Awesome!

5/13 - 5/14 - Dark Night Sword
5/15 - 5/16 - Blade of Justice
5/17 - 5/18 - Dragon Guardian
5/19 - 5/20 - Scarlet Snake Princess

&#9632;&#9315; Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
5/13 - 5/20 - Rare Evo Materials (Twinlits, Trifruits, and Keeper of Gold included!)

1.5x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
2x Skill Up rate
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
1.5x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

THIS IS HUGE SNAKE PRINCESS AND ORB CHANGERS ON 2X DROP?! DAMN!!!!

Uthred

Definitely ear-marking those free stones to help farm SSP to finally max skill (at least one) Echidna

Is Hera-Beroc any good? Havent seen much buzz about her, might give the dungeon a go, I think I can sort of put together a Ra team for it, just to complete the set

Top Bottom