• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Jagernaut

I maxed skilled Hanzo just now. It took 29 Hamahime feeds. I also have 13 purple chasers to evolve and feed to Haku.

I ran ancient wood dragon last week many times for the s rank and got 4 griffins. I just fed 3 of them to the first griffin and got a triple skillup.

Paltros

I'm on 0/20 Hanzo skill ups right now, just feed him 4 hamas at once and nothing. Stoned twice for stamina, even got a rank up refresh in there too. I think Gungho's punishment for me rolling a Hanzo outside the dark gala is that he'll be doomed to stay at cd 9, not even kidding.

Incidentally, I also got 11 Chasers and I don't even have a Haku (what for, she wouldn't get skill ups either anyway).

Tobe

want your max Ame but your friend list is full :(

EDIT: invitation sent.

what happened to the new one that helped you in the last godfest? ;-)

we stayed friends, i was too deep into the so called friendzone (whichis a stupid concept to me but anyways) maybe something in the future who know. right now im pretty cool with my girl.

yami4ct

Fed a yellow snowglobe dragon, 2 gold kings and 2 regular gold dragons to my Valkyrie and also managed to get a great! Yes. Went from level 28 to 84.

razterik

Byakko ate 20 chasers for nothing. But at least I maxed three more Hanzo and one Hanahime. Will have to farm more evo material and chasers next week.

It was nice to finally have a reason to break out my Light Tron. She rips through this dungeon so fast.

Hige

I got my first Valkyrie from the REM this last godfest, so I decided to try out a healer team finally. I've wanted something that's a little more brainless and more forgiving than the all-or-nothing approach with Horus and Kirin for farming T5s. Cobbled together a team of Valk, Echidna, Siren, Angelion, and Grodin (stat stick) and I'm liking it! I need to level everything up because I'm having HP threshold issues, but it's pretty fun so far.

Maledict

I swear someone had posted in this thread a fairly easy team to do Goddess Descended with but cannot find the post at all. It's popped back up in Europe and am determined to finally beat it one way or the other...

BondFancy

I swear someone had posted in this thread a fairly easy team to do Goddess Descended with but cannot find the post at all. It's popped back up in Europe and am determined to finally beat it one way or the other...

J4Ef15t.jpg

This one it? (One with the vamp)

colinp

Banned

Saw six of these Battle Tournament machines yesterday. They were VERY BUSY! People lining up to play. Looked pretty interesting but I didn't watch all that much. There was a white cloth under each screen to wipe your hand and the screen, which I thought was a nice addition. Most people looked pretty low level, but there was one guy running a Valk healer team which was fun to see.

Thought about trying it out but eh I have it on my phone, why pay more to play...?

NineH

Byakko ate 20 chasers for nothing.

Man that sounds so heartbreaking. I though I had it bad when I went 0/5 trying to skillup Haku. I feel bad because it took me a whole week just to get 5 chasers and to get no skillups is just the worst feeling.

I wanted to make a green monocolor team for my Artemis, and i got.

Red starter from level 20 gift.
Salamander from Gift of Heaven event.
Red Dragon in PAL machine.

What are you trying to tell me, GungHo?

SaberVulcan

Probably late to the party, but anyone wanna swap presents? 368 142 201, VulcanPGAF.

Also, took a hiatus and lost some friends... I use Uvo Luci and LTron 90% of the time, with the occasional Haku, Hermes, Andromeda, and just got a Ronia (which will probably be used the most once leveled up), feel free to add. Would love some more Ronia and Andromeda users.

Need 1 more skill-up for F/D Minerva but ran out of Red Keepers. Sucks having to guess how many extra mobs I should farm for the last skill-up. I stopped with 9 Daruma and 3 Domovoi that I still haven't evo'd from the EVA collab. So, crossing my fingers that 12 feeders is enough for the last skill-up. If I have extra Daruma I'll just use them to skill-up/awaken Super Gunma.

fallingdove

I haven't played for months - after being unable to advance with my team, I started over in hopes of nabbing a lucifer. No luck in 200 re-rolls during a Midnight Gala, I gave up playing.

Now, being the masochist that I am, I decided to give it another shot. What are the actual chances of an Archangel Lucifer in the midnight gala and how often do lucifer god fests roll around?

I haven't played for months - after being unable to advance with my team, I started over in hopes of nabbing a lucifer. No luck in 200 re-rolls during a Midnight Gala, I gave up playing.

Now, being the masochist that I am, I decided to give it another shot. What are the actual chances of an Archangel Lucifer in the midnight gala and how often do lucifer god fests roll around?

Rerolling for a single monster is a fool's errand and especially now that Lucifer has sunsetted as The Best Monster not really worth the pain and suffering IMO. The last Godfest with Luci in it was about three weeks ago, and particular pantheons roll around again every 2-3 months. I think they might break from the usual and cycle in the Archangels sooner cause of their upcoming busties though.

Quantum

The truth - no one but gungho knows the statistics. given the number of possibilities in the REM - even with the Gala occurring I'd guess its 0.5-1 percent maximum.

I used to re-roll my second account for a luci and it never happened. I stopped rolling a second account.

When there is a Godfest in which Luci is involved the number that seems to come up is 3% - but that is based only on reported data on a few websites - and its not accurate at all.

If you intend to stay non-IAP there are multiple viable leaders that will get you pretty far into the game, but I understand the desire to roll for a luci - I tried and failed.

There is something to be said for just picking a decent god and playing - the cumulative gifts are always worth it and you will build up both your box, friends and exp mobs (pal pulls and noels). I went 370 days without spending a dime (with loki) and ended up being in good shape for when I did break down and spend money.

colinp

Banned
Is there really any purpose to grab an Ancient Dragon besides they look cool? Their cost is soooooo prohibitive and Puzzles & Gods, dragons are mostly useless etc..

Finally I have everything I need for my Valkyrie healer team. Echidna,Siren, CoC Glorious Healer, Valkyrie, King Shynee, and plenty of Valk friends. What Descends is a Valk healer team capable of taking on?

Now with time I can save up the free magic stones I get and pray for the pulls necessary to get attackers for my Dark Angel Metatron team.

The truth - no one but gungho knows the statistics. given the number of possibilities in the REM - even with the Gala occurring I'd guess its 0.5-1 percent maximum.

I used to re-roll my second account for a luci and it never happened. I stopped rolling a second account.

When there is a Godfest in which Luci is involved the number that seems to come up is 3% - but that is based only on reported data on a few websites - and its not accurate at all.

If you intend to stay non-IAP there are multiple viable leaders that will get you pretty far into the game, but I understand the desire to roll for a luci - I tried and failed.

There is something to be said for just picking a decent god and playing - the cumulative gifts are always worth it and you will build up both your box, friends and exp mobs (pal pulls and noels). I went 370 days without spending a dime (with loki) and ended up being in good shape for when I did break down and spend money.

My roommate got into the game yesterday. Rerolled about 30 or so times and finally got an Archangel Lucifer starter.

Is there really any purpose to grab an Ancient Dragon besides they look cool? Their cost is soooooo prohibitive and Puzzles & Gods, dragons are mostly useless etc..

They have one of the lowest skillable cooldowns in the game, which leads to some interesting team compositions. That's about it though.

Ducarmel

The Ancient Dragon series are actually the more useful ones, pretty decent to have as subs for mid leveled players especially if they are maxed skilled.

Finally I have everything I need for my Valkyrie healer team. Echidna,Siren, CoC Glorious Healer, Valkyrie, King Shynee, and plenty of Valk friends. What Descends is a Valk healer team capable of taking on?

Hera, 2 Heroes, and some master level collabs are doable with the right subs and some planning

Hera, 2 Heroes, and some master level collabs are doable with the right subs and some planning

Thanks. I am guessing most of the right subs at this point are REM only. Thought at least I have Valk, Shynee, Echidna, and Coc Healer. So I'd only be dependent on like 1-2 REM dudes.

Sometimes I really want to spend money on stones, but that's a dark dark path that I don't want to head down.

Ducarmel

Thanks. I am guessing most of the right subs at this point are REM only. Thought at least I have Valk, Shynee, Echidna, and Coc Healer. So I'd only be dependent on like 1-2 REM dudes.

Sometimes I really want to spend money on stones, but that's a dark dark path that I don't want to head down.

With your current team its doable but you may need everybody maxed level and maxed skilled, but yeah a god like Bastet, Venus, or Amaterasu can give your Valk team the extra stats needed to play those dungeons with more confidence.

With your current team its doable but you may need everybody maxed level and maxed skilled, but yeah a god like Bastet, Venus, or Amaterasu can give your Valk team the extra stats needed to play those dungeons with more confidence.

Max Skilled will be a problem for some of them. King Shynee is basically going to be impossible to max skill. Valkyrie is also going to be hard to skill up, since I'd need other Valkyries. Though perhaps a collab in the future will help with that. At least Echidna and Siren are easy to skill up. Siren moreso than Echidna, though I can farm Echidnas. Speaking of which, what dungeon is the best for farming the damn things?

Jonsoncao

Banned

Easily farmable, 5 turn cooldown skills = good for doing tech dungeon 5x event if you burn lots of stones

Ancient light is probably worth running a little bit more than others, because of the light moltdra drops.

Mathematically speaking, for something that has a 1% drop rate in empirical distribution, 200 sample is way too small to guarantee its drop, say 90% confidence level that your monster of desire will drop...

Ducarmel

Max Skilled will be a problem for some of them. King Shynee is basically going to be impossible to max skill. Valkyrie is also going to be hard to skill up, since I'd need other Valkyries. Though perhaps a collab in the future will help with that. At least Echidna and Siren are easy to skill up. Siren moreso than Echidna, though I can farm Echidnas. Speaking of which, what dungeon is the best for farming the damn things?

For Valk you need poring tower, gungho or angry bird collab
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=409
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=476
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=584

Its been a while since we got poring so it may be coming back soon

Echidna has a survey dungeon its been almost 3 months since the last time we got her, I imagine she will return soon too.

Its not worth farming Echidna for skill ups in the normal dungeons.

Ducarmel

Perhaps not, but barring that survey dungeon I won't have any other option. :(

Seriously its not worth it.

The drop rate is like 2% you could be running the dungeon for 100's of times and never get the drop. Farming for Echidna through normal dungeon is the quickest way for you to get sick and tired of the game and quit.

Its not going to happen, you should instead just use your stamina and time to grind for exp or plus eggs.

Seriously its not worth it.

The drop rate is like 2% you could be running the dungeon for 100's of times and never get the drop. Farming for Echidna through normal dungeon is the quickest way for you to get sick and tired of the game and quit.

Its not going to happen, you should instead just use your stamina and time to grind for exp or plus eggs.

Eh. I grinded Siren like that! I just made sure to take breaks.

How do I best obtain plus eggs?

Oh and I got a Present Egg. I think it will evolve into a Fire Snow Globe, and those give 1 or 1.5 million EXP when fed. I was thinking of feeding it to my Great Valkyrie so I can get her to the third stage and then ultimate evo her. Is that worth it? It would be off element, so it would only be 1 million instead of 1.5 million XP. And then my Valk is like level 35/70 so I might overshoot and waste XP. But a jump from 35 to 70 is super tempting. Especially when I have both the evo AND ultimate evo material on hand.

Top Bottom