• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

colinp

Banned
*Notice from the Puzzle & Dragons Team*

The mandatory update that was planned for 5/13 (Tues) has been postponed.

As of version 6.44 we have confirmed a bug which is preventing some users from entering Special Dungeons properly or seeing the correct bonus rates applied to different Dungeons. In order to correct this matter, we will have to postpone all special event Dungeons starting 5/14 -- including Daily Dungeons (Wednesday Dungeon), Limited Time Dungeons (Metal/Jewel Dragons) and Descended Dungeons (Athena). Finally, the 2x drops bonus planned for Dark Night Sword on 5/14 and the appearance of Blade of Justice and subsequent dungeons featured in the event has been postponed until further notice.

We will be providing compensation for this issue at a later date and will provide further details as soon as we can.

We deeply apologize for this great inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding.

Woops!

Hige

Blue starters should have Super Metals right now, but it's not listed for me. Guess I got hit by the update bug that screwed up the limited time dungeons. Hope they get this fixed.

Ah, quick fix on iOS. Disable automatic time and set your clock ahead by an hour. Shows up and can now be entered.
Aw, wish I knew earlier about changing the time to get around the bug. I was on the verge of leveling up and wanted to get some ruby dragons. Hopefully the exp/skill up boosts are working at least.

Can you not do it tomorrow, normal dungeon bonuses come around twice a week, red dungeon bonuses are Monday early in the day and Wednesday late in the afternoon.
oh, then tomorrow I'll do it too. kinda forget since I'm in china and some dungeons don't start till 11:00pm and finished before i wake up.

Jagernaut

Skillups

2 out of 4 for Freyja
2 out of 5 for Ancient Light
0 out of 3 for Ancient Dark
0 out of 10 for Hamahime - already maxed Hanzo so this was for low cost teams

I have 16 Dark Chasers saved for Haku skillups but don't have the evolve materials yet.

skill ups

1 for 3 on Hanzo (max skilled with this 1)
0 for whatever on Hanahime (low cost teams)
1 for 2 Hera-is
0 for 1 on Zues

Working on mats for my ten purple chasers - Two dark keepers, need demon masks and amelits... Haku needs at least 1 or 2 skill ups

thinking on compensation: This is a pretty breaking bug and effectively delays the event.

Last time major compensation occurred was the archangels/archdemons "oops we forgot to turn on the godfest" issue. Where they refunded everyone's stones and we kept whatever we had pulled before.

before that they had the "carnival did not push out godfest monsters at the raised level", and gifted any affected person a level 30 of whatever monster they pulled. which is why I ended up with a ridiculous amount of shivas.

So what is everyone's thoughts on the compensation for this time? I can definitely see it being a non-5 (think 4 or 8 instead of 5 or 10) number of stones, I think a Tama or super metals give away would be kind of disappointing.

yami4ct

thinking on compensation: This is a pretty breaking bug and effectively delays the event.

Last time major compensation occurred was the archangels/archdemons "oops we forgot to turn on the godfest" issue. Where they refunded everyone's stones and we kept whatever we had pulled before.

before that they had the "carnival did not push out godfest monsters at the raised level", and gifted any affected person a level 30 of whatever monster they pulled. which is why I ended up with a ridiculous amount of shivas.

So what is everyone's thoughts on the compensation for this time? I can definitely see it being a non-5 (think 4 or 8 instead of 5 or 10) number of stones, I think a Tama or super metals give away would be kind of disappointing.

Given that just a couple hours of outage netted us, what, 2 stones, I'm hoping that a multi-day event delay will get us at least 2x that.

On the other hand it's not like you can't play the game, unlike an outage, and it's not like there was a fuckup with things people spent stones on, like the REM fuckups. I'm guessing it's either going to be a small amount of apology stones or a decent number of PAL points.

razterik

Yeah, had crummy PAL results and no greats/supers from my super golds. No way I'm trying Byakko skill ups until everything gets sorted.

I'm guessing it's either going to be a small amount of apology stones or a decent number of PAL points.

That's why I am guessing about some non-multiple of 5 as apology stones. They do have to realize they are losing money from the heavy IAP people not being able to stone for EXP, so they have to give something. The reason it would be a non-multiple of 5 is so that people who are that 1 stone short can just IAP for that sweet, Sweet REM pull during godfest.

Hey guys, does anyone have a decent level green odin that they could throw up for me?

My ID is 374,817,368 if you want to add me, or if you'd like I'll add you.

Also, I've got a fairly low level DQXQ which I will be leveling up quickly. If anyone else has one and would like to add me, I welcome it!

Jagernaut

Hey guys, does anyone have a decent level green odin that they could throw up for me?

My ID is 374817368 if you want to add me, or if you'd like I'll add you.

Also, I've got a fairly low level DQXQ which I will be leveling up quickly. If anyone else has one and would like to add me, I welcome it!

I added you and put up my GOdin. I'm Static@GAF

Let me know when you enter the dungeon.

Quantum

20% is the commonly assumed value; forgot if it ever had basis in hard data.

Ok, Just wondering - I personally don't believe the number - nor do I think the number is 'static' - there are certainly times where I've seen skill up rates much higher and recent much lower.

the problem with statistics is that you can hide a lot of information. I've seen the 1/10 (regular skill up number) on a few boards and they are all based on guesses.

Since spending money in the game I've been a lot more critical of the numbers.

There certainly is an algorithm that is used to generate the levels and the skyfall patterns. it is *not* random.

given that information it irks me when the company says the rate is "2x" - which could be true, but not knowing what the 1x rate it is makes the information useless.

Jagernaut

Awesome, thanks. I already ran it once, waiting for stamina to refill in ~ 30 mins then going to run it again. Pretty nice looking Odin :p

No problem. My Odin has everything but plus eggs and has been very useful in certain dungeons. I've even cheesed my way through some descends with him since he is bind proof.

I usually run Ares, Valk, Red Sonia, Horus, Bastet, and Dark Metatron but let me know when you need me to put GOdin up.

Got the last skill-up on F/D Minerva with 3 feeders. Still couldn't get the last skill-up for Tengu with the 4 mobs I farmed last time. Also max-skilled my second Hatsume with lone Neneko I got from 4 runs of Tengu.

Tobe

Quick heads up on anybody running dtron on twinlits. Don't use attacker Lilith use a regular one or the healer. Big mistake by my part since now she can't get super binded. Flash and dark.

Jagernaut

Quick heads up on anybody running dtron on twinlits. Don't use attacker Lilith use a regular one or the healer. Big mistake by my part since now she can't get super binded. Flash and dark.

I think I mentioned this before, that's why I haven't made one of my Liliths D/L.

I couldn't get into Emerald Dragons earlier even when I changed the time on my phone.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Rates of everything are very streaky. Its why you see 2-3 gold eggs in a row, multiple skillup strings, +egg drops going up, etc. Its not hard proven, but very anecdotally proven. I can attest to it from dropping big stones on preVious godfests, skilling up multiple mobs, and farming for +eggs for weeks on end.

Top Bottom