• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Apparently they're just going to make another difficult to obtain series of evo materials? It'd cost fewer stones than hoping you get lucky on the REM but it's still in line with the other "shit you will never get unless you are top brass" mats they've been introducing.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Apparently they're just going to make another difficult to obtain series of evo materials? It'd cost fewer stones than hoping you get lucky on the REM but it's still in line with the other "shit you will never get unless you are top brass" mats they've been introducing.

Sucks, but if I were still able to play my whale account, I'd be much more OK with that. The REM still spits out garbage, AND can cost $5 a pull. No way in hell it's OK to expect REM only mats for certain evo fodder.

the new Metatron is a crazy good leader for a water healer team:
Bikinitron/Wvalk/Siren/Hatsume/Sun Quan//WI&I

Two orb changers, plenty of row enhance, two sources of ATK enhance, delay, bind healing, 1.25/7/1. Pure synergy right there.

jay23

So when's the next godfest? I feel like I should just wait till then, instead of wasting my time rerolling now haha.

raven777

IMG_2674.jpg

yea I want her...but how much would I need to spend to get her lol.
7 star gacha......crazy.

Okamid3n

Any Yamato Takeru users in the US PaD? I have a level 78, fully awoken Yamato and I'd like to try this team out. My second leader is a max uvo Kirin with 100 +eggs. If anyone uses Yamato regularly, feel free to add me: 364 205 318.

On a related note, would the new Mitsuki be any good for a Yamato team? I already have Chiyome, so that makes Mitsuki less useful. On the other hand, UVO Mitsuki could really help with stalling.

...well, I should probably wait for her to be out here first, before asking.

Edit: Thinking about it some more, Mitsuki really changes the wrong colors to Heart, Chiyome takes care of the light orbs, Yamato takes care of the wood orbs. No use for Mitsuki.

Quantum

the new Metatron is a crazy good leader for a water healer team:
Bikinitron/Wvalk/Siren/Hatsume/Sun Quan//WI&I

Two orb changers, plenty of row enhance, two sources of ATK enhance, delay, bind healing, 1.25/7/1. Pure synergy right there.

damn it now I want to make this team too (only missing the bikinitron)

have been messing with Ltron/sun quan/dqxq/enc/valk/valk
- surprising how good this team is - although the spike is just ok its a powerhouse with 2 delays (and sun increase dmg for 2 turns)

I saw that Unit-13 is getting a leader skill change. The current one makes it impossible to use with D.Meta.

Does it change the leader skill to under 99% hp x 3.5 to attack?

not that I use Unit-13, I got a Ronia the next godfest, but still... you never know when you need something like this.

Also Bikini-tron looks good, but not enough to make me ever roll pink gatcha...

ccbfan

WTF at new Thor Ult?

Attacker?

There's literally like 4 decent main light att attacker monsters I can think of

Athena
Rider
Baal
New Fuu

Fuu unless without a Heartbreaker.

2-stoned Mephistopheles Descended. One of the deaths was entirely avoidable and my fault due to stupid Kirin flubbing while the other happened cause of a wombo combo of poison orbs and jammers. Got some lucky skyfalls on Mephistopheles himself so I managed to off him in a single turn, which I think makes up for it. Pretty rough dungeon.

colinp

Banned
Gonna give Hera-Sowilo a go with my Kirin team, probably Legend. Totally should be possible so I hope she drops!

Wonder when we'll hear more about PADW in the US. Cosmo, do you find yourself playing it still? Nice distraction or worthless addition?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
You might try saving up stones on your current account and rolling several times in the godfest before you reroll. That way if you get something good you don't have to bother starting over.
Thanks didn't think about that, but I am at Fire Forest Nerva right now and it's already getting quite though for me. Don't know how much stones I'll be able to rack up till the next God fest.... But I will give it a go, maybe I have luck on the first try.

Quantum

Thanks didn't think about that, but I am at Fire Forest Nerva right now and it's already getting quite though for me. Don't know how much stones I'll be able to rack up till the next God fest.... But I will give it a go, maybe I have luck on the first try.

Just some food for thought - I have very fond memories of the early game. I did re-roll and started with a Loki which was a decent lead, but not top tier back 500 days ago. I didn't get another decent drop (using CHR) until pavrati which was only after farming lilith, siren, echi, vampire and 3/4 rippers.

It took me a long time before I got some decent mobs but I think it was the best part of the game still. I think you could re-roll for an end game lead, but don't burn through the early part to get there.

btw, here is my first monster page using CHR - kinda interesting to see what everyone had to work with in the beginning (and what they kept as well) - my current main leads don't appear till page 5.

2v9n14W.jpg

am_dragon

I doubt the evo news will be implemented in its current form. If it does, then they must believe the exodus will not be as severe as I'd expect.

I doubt many people would leave. They could make her drop, she is in several descended dungeons. Just one more farmable in REM.

I would be in favor of more hard to get evo material and 2nd and 3rd ultimate evo's. I have 2 Ceres right now, so it didn't strike me as being that bad. Makes me wonder if they looked at players boxes to determine which they REM only they would choose for this.

For me the game has turned into a lesson in patience. 550+ days no rem only gods despite spending several hundred dollars. Up until about 2 months ago when I pulled Kirin my best team was a Valk healer team. At level 230 I had only completed 3 descended dungeons because I refused to stone my way though them. One good GF changed the game for me entirely.

That same godfest I also pulled Pandora, Andromeda, and MeiMei, but I can't use those teams yet because I'm short about 24 tamadras, and the baby tamadra dungeon was after midnight for me the other day. Patience...

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I got valk yesterday and now today I got the light hera. Excellent! My DQXQ team is finally doing stuff. Now I just need that sand guy to come back.

colinp

Banned
I got light Hera, too!

Sure wasn't pretty though... Got a bit impatient and, well, used more stones than I should have...

But no regrets! Haha, saying fuck it and splurging every once in awhile keeps it entertaining and keeps me from getting frustrated.

Almost at 200 days!

Any Yamato Takeru users in the US PaD? I have a level 78, fully awoken Yamato and I'd like to try this team out. My second leader is a max uvo Kirin with 100 +eggs. If anyone uses Yamato regularly, feel free to add me: 364 205 318.

On a related note, would the new Mitsuki be any good for a Yamato team? I already have Chiyome, so that makes Mitsuki less useful. On the other hand, UVO Mitsuki could really help with stalling.

...well, I should probably wait for her to be out here first, before asking.

Edit: Thinking about it some more, Mitsuki really changes the wrong colors to Heart, Chiyome takes care of the light orbs, Yamato takes care of the wood orbs. No use for Mitsuki.
Added you, if you need me to put my yamato up, send a message.

Wonder when we'll hear more about PADW in the US. Cosmo, do you find yourself playing it still? Nice distraction or worthless addition?
I've more or less dropped it completely. If I were juggling fewer other games I'd probably play it more but the amount of content isn't quite there yet.

For me the game has turned into a lesson in patience.
Perhaps one of the few truisms of PAD.

550+ days no rem only gods despite spending several hundred dollars. Up until about 2 months ago when I pulled Kirin my best team was a Valk healer team. At level 230 I had only completed 3 descended dungeons because I refused to stone my way though them. One good GF changed the game for me entirely.
How? Several hundred dollars in stones and no REM only gods in a year and a half of playing? Were you using them all on box space, friends, and stamina refreshes?

Even more amazed at your persistence at playing the game and not starting over. Your story should be a cautionary tale to newbies who don't reroll for a good starting god though - aka the nightmare scenario if the game hates you.

coy

I've added you but more for Kirin atm than Yamato. He's only lv30 with no awakenings as my focus has shifted to Ronia. When I come upon a surplus of tamas, I plan on giving them to Yamato. My current team:

Yamato / Freyr / Ronia / Gigas / Echidna

quin

I don't understand the backlash for this. I wish I could use all my gods to make a new evolution. Reward the people who pull the machine. I have 6 green Odins, 5 Red Sonias, 3 Light Metatrons and 3 Zhuge Liangs sitting in my box doing nothing. Let me do something with them. It's not hurting anyone who doesn'thave those monsters.

Yet now they are going to add new evo monsters that are nothing more than a stamina sink...

Quantum

Perhaps one of the few truisms of PAD.

How? Several hundred dollars in stones and no REM only gods in a year and a half of playing? Were you using them all on box space, friends, and stamina refreshes?

Even more amazed at your persistence at playing the game and not starting over. Your story should be a cautionary tale to newbies who don't reroll for a good starting god though - aka the nightmare scenario if the game hates you.

definitely means REM + Godfest only.

I didn't have one for a long time either - Lmeta was mine and I use it all the time now. I still have never gotten an odin, or sonia - but, for some insane reason I have 3 Bearded gaun yu's - hoping they actually become useful because wtf are they REM only godfest drops?

Sucks, but if I were still able to play my whale account, I'd be much more OK with that. The REM still spits out garbage, AND can cost $5 a pull. No way in hell it's OK to expect REM only mats for certain evo fodder.

GungHo is just getting plain greedy at this point.

Basically everything nowadays is geared towards making shit so nigh impossible to get you are basically forced to spend stones for even a small chance.

That or just save all the free stones for like half a year and then go nuts all at once at some point.

linsivvi

I don't understand the backlash for this. I wish I could use all my gods to make a new evolution. Reward the people who pull the machine. I have 6 green Odins, 5 Red Sonias, 3 Light Metatrons and 3 Zhuge Liangs sitting in my box doing nothing. Let me do something with them. It's not hurting anyone who doesn'thave those monsters.

Yet now they are going to add new evo monsters that are nothing more than a stamina sink...

Rewarding the people who pull the machine is exactly the reason why there is a backlash. The game up till now never required heavy IAP to get the absolute best monsters.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
What's a good standard DQXQ team? And maybe a mono dark? I will list my only monsters of worth, can someone give me ideas on what kind of teams I can do? This is what I have right now:
DQXQ, Hera-Sowilo, Valk. king shynee, angelion, echinda, yomi, keeper of rainbow, keeper of gold, lillith, d/d batman, yamato takeru, catwoman, nebradisk, vampire.

What are some fun/good teams I can do with this? And what should I be farming for to get better? My next goal is getting a sand but that dungeon looks ridiculously hard.

Right now I exclusively run DQXQ/Echinda/Angelion/keeper of rainbow/king shynee

am_dragon

He probably means godfest exclusives like Odin/Sonia etc.

Yeah GF only. not rem only... sorry it was early. No Horus, Luci, either, I had almost nothing that had a chance of finishing much beyond Two Heroes or Hera. I'm hoping Pandora can help me get though Starlight Sanctuary.

Ducarmel

What's a good standard DQXQ team? And maybe a mono dark? I will list my only monsters of worth, can someone give me ideas on what kind of teams I can do? This is what I have right now:
DQXQ, Hera-Sowilo, Valk. king shynee, angelion, echinda, yomi, keeper of rainbow, keeper of gold, lillith, d/d batman, yamato takeru, catwoman, nebradisk, vampire.

What are some fun/good teams I can do with this? And what should I be farming for to get better? My next goal is getting a sand but that dungeon looks ridiculously hard.

Right now I exclusively run DQXQ/Echinda/Angelion/keeper of rainbow/king shynee

Maybe an alternative to your healer DQXQ team would be to build an all light row enhancement team

farnable subs include

Divigon from gift dungeon or Izanami descended
Lemon dragon also from gift dungeon which we have not gotten yet.
Unicorn
Himi Udon
Tiny Alma
Sandalphon
Hera-Sowilo
Mephisto when we get him

A D/D Batman team check out pad forum mono dark team guide.
http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=5513

Has a good list of farmable subs for all kinds of situations

Yeah GF only. not rem only... sorry it was early. No Horus, Luci, either, I had almost nothing that had a chance of finishing much beyond Two Heroes or Hera. I'm hoping Pandora can help me get though Starlight Sanctuary.
What subs you have for her? She is capable with a decent amount of plus eggs and orb saving skills. Unfortunately it is a must to have Hanzo and Grape Dragon or Ronia/Other orb->dark orb changer.

example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glo24aIekPk

Kreed

Interesting - thank you guys!

I see how it's not technically illegal to due what they're proposing, but man is it shitty...Especially if the version you can get is vastly superior to other options available. Kind of like how SoD Luci was the best monster in the game at his release (with the whole "push button to win" thing).

We'll see how it pans out, but even if they DO keep it the way they have it, people will still support and keep feeding GungHo money, haha.

It really is pathetic. Using two fully evolved forms of descend gods would have been annoying enough as it is, but throwing in a REM god was crazy. Hopefully they get rid of both these things vs just the dupe god.

The worst part is they have so many evo items now that they introduced that are barely getting used (I'm ready to just start feeding my monsters Devilits) that could be used instead of coming up with even more difficult ways of evolving monsters.

chrono01

New event incoming!

*Midsummer in Elfhame*
[Duration]: 8/12 (Tues), 12:00 AM - 8/21 (Thurs), 11:59 PM (PDT)

To Otherworlds we go… first stop, Elfhame! The Land of the Faeries is beautiful this time of year, and the scenery is just magical. The Rare Egg Machine has just been renewed, and the Spirit Jewels are still active! There’s so much to do and see!

■① Daily Log-in Bonuses
8/12 - 8/16 - 1 free Magic Stone daily
8/17 - 8/21 - 1 free TAMADRA daily
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

■② Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
*8/12 - 8/16: The Spirit Jewels Event is active!
8/12 - Zeus Descended!
8/13 - Izanami Descended!
8/14 - Hera-Beorc Descended!
8/15 - Hera-Ur Descended!
8/16 - Zeus-Dios Descended!
8/17 - 8/18 - ?????????????
8/19 - Dragon Zombie
8/20 - Gaia Descended!
8/21 - Wadatsumi Descended!

■③ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
8/12 - 8/16 - Jewel/Metal King Dragons
8/17 - 8/21 - Rare Evo Materials

1.5x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
2x Skill Up rate
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
1.5x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

5 free Magic Stones AND 5 free Tamadra?

I WILL TAKE IT!

J0dy77

The backlash is for the precedent it sets and the potential ability to break the game. If you're combining two rem only gods you've now introduced a new much larger power creep (depending on how the implement). New dungeons will need to take this into account to avoid boring the extremely high end players by having them walk over dungeons with "I win" monsters. While players who spend limited money will not have access to these teams and could struggle to progress.

Tha game works well because getting one of many great rolls in the rem sets you up for a lifetime of pad. You might want a different team to play around with but many teams are very capable of progression at this point. Forcing people to have double luck on an already shitty gambling system is getting greedy and may force people away.

Kreed

The backlash is for the precedent it sets and the potential ability to break the game. If you're combining two rem only gods you've now introduced a new much larger power creep (depending on how the implement). New dungeons will need to take this into account to avoid boring the extremely high end players by having them walk over dungeons with "I win" monsters. While players who spend limited money will not have access to these teams and could struggle to progress.

Tha game works well because getting one of many great rolls in the rem sets you up for a lifetime of pad. You might want a different team to play around with but many teams are very capable of progression at this point. Forcing people to have double luck on an already shitty gambling system is getting greedy and may force people away.

Exactly. Imagine if they introduced a new Ultimate Kirin evolution that gave it x10 attack for matching it's colors, but the evo materials were the 4 other Chinese Gods in their evolved forms and a Tamadra. Not only would this evolution be annoying as fuck for players who aren't spending money/players who don't spend a lot of money, but they would then have to introduce harder content to compensate for the instant win button they just introduced to entice players to spend stones on this.

am_dragon

What subs you have for her? She is capable with a decent amount of plus eggs and orb saving skills. Unfortunately it is a must to have Hanzo and Grape Dragon or Ronia/Other orb->dark orb changer.

[/url]

Right now I have Pandora, Persephone (max skilled yesterday), D/W Vamp (max skilled), Hanzo (max skilled), and Grape Dragon. I need 13 tamadra's to fully awaken that team. I also have Chaos Dragon Knight (max skilled), Gryps Rider Finn, Cerberus, Dumpy Alma, Zombie Dragon, and D/L and D/D Batman. None of them are awoken. I wasn't focusing on awakening my dark monsters because I didn't have a decent lead, just a big collection of subs.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think they should investigate a dual-recipe for those new evos. Why not have one that requires either another Ceres OR a new "hard to get" evo mat. So you have an option. That would, ideally, level the field in that respect. Or give people use for the already underused new masks and Angelit/Devilit. Rather than introduce even more stuff to clutter box space with...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just some food for thought - I have very fond memories of the early game. I did re-roll and started with a Loki which was a decent lead, but not top tier back 500 days ago. I didn't get another decent drop (using CHR) until pavrati which was only after farming lilith, siren, echi, vampire and 3/4 rippers.

It took me a long time before I got some decent mobs but I think it was the best part of the game still. I think you could re-roll for an end game lead, but don't burn through the early part to get there.

Thanks man :)

I was too frustrated to post again yesterday - but today i got lucky. Tried every formation at Fire Forest Nerva an just couldnt get through without a good healer/skills. Today via the PAL Egg machine i got the Keeper of Gold :eek:

I dont know how good this monster is, but it changed the whole playstyle for me and i got through. Amazing leader and the +3000 healing skill is just amazing. Am i right or is this quite a nice leader for rank 21 players ? Maybe now i can really hustle some stones before the next godfest.

About the next godfest, i am playing on Android will i get banned if i save my game before spending the 5 stones on the godfest and keep rerolling with the same account by reloading the savegame (Titanium Backup) ? I guess so, but im asking anyway.

Thanks man :)

I was too frustrated to post again yesterday - but today i got lucky. Tried every formation at Fire Forest Nerva an just couldnt get through without a good healer/skills. Today via the PAL Egg machine i got the Keeper of Gold :eek:

I dont know how good this monster is, but it changed the whole playstyle for me and i got through. Amazing leader and the +3000 healing skill is just amazing. Am i right or is this quite a nice leader for rank 21 players ? Maybe now i can really hustle some stones before the next godfest.

About the next godfest, i am playing on Android will i get banned if i save my game before spending the 5 stones on the godfest and keep rerolling with the same account by reloading the savegame (Titanium Backup) ? I guess so, but im asking anyway.

That sounds very against the rules.

Not sure if that would even work since pretty much everything is stored on Gungho's servers. I think the only things stored locally are the basic gameplay elements (that allow you to play through your current dungeon if you lose connection), the art/sounds, and something that identifies your game file to the server.

Okamid3n

How did it go?

I'm definitely sticking to him, it's a fun play style. Managed to one-hit QoG's boss with my relatively underlevelled team. Gigas' 5 turn count pretty much makes him the star member.
I really wish I'd managed to skill up Yamato at least once in the Flame Dragon Knight, but the event is almost over and I'm out of stamina. I never even saw an invade in 20+ runs.

My Kirin team is still way stronger right now, but I needed the change of pace.

Top Bottom