• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

NineH

I am so jealous of all you guys with awesome Starry Night View hauls. I ran the dungeon 5 times. The first time I got 1 plus egg and the next four got me a grand total of zero. I was planning on stoning this dungeon but was completely disheartened by my bad luck.

colinp

Banned
Colinp or Static@gaf

I'm looking for static's robin or colin's kirin so i can run Himiko in an hour and a half. hope on of you guys can get on and help me out. or if someone else has a high level and +egged kirin/robin/kushinada that'd be swell. Maybe even Ra could work, too.

Hmmm, it says I already have you as a friend and my Kirin should have been up along with my Valk. Hope it worked out for you!

Love your Grodin, too! ;)

Quantum

What is the viability of an Uevo'd Baal?

I was wondering if it was worth messing around with a devil team. I do not have a ronia, but it seems like Baal could substitute with the 3.5x >50%.

perhaps not the best replacement, I just have a Baal I dumped a ton of exp and now in retrospect it seems like a dumb idea.

other viable REM devils I do have include FAL, Loki, astaroth, persephone, anubis, D/D haku, hades - all need a ton of work.

I thought it might be another interesting team, but running with a Baal lead might not be worth it.

(still planning on continuing to use my healer team and working on a guan yu team...)

always unfocused.

razterik

Mephisto is pretty sad looking with light devils and no synergy between stats and active/leader skill. Running Baal as leader is okay if you have the whole collection of light devils, but there's not a good orb changer among them, which is a huge limitation. 20 turns is way too long, even max skilled Baal isn't really enough. Mephisto does make a decent Light Tron style sub for Baal to keep his leader skill active, though.

Hige

So in my quest to max out Ronia, I've accumulated the following through the Trifruits dungeon (and a few from PEM):

22 Blue
18 Green
11 Red

Seems legit.

I don't own Blonia, maxed out Gronia in 12 feeds, and I'm 1/11 on Ronia skill ups. I feel like the game knows what's in your box and arranges everything to screw you over. At least I'm getting some baby Tamadras out of it, I guess.

Can anyone help me figure out a potential team for doing challenge modes? Notable leader monsters: Kirin, ADK, Ult Evo Siren, Ult Evo Alarune, DQXQ, Ra, Persephone, Vampire Lord, Himiko, Green Noel, Red Noel, Mastering.

Maybe some sort of physical tanky team with Mastering and a bunch of busty Kirin friends?

Can anyone help me figure out a potential team for doing challenge modes? Notable leader monsters: Kirin, ADK, Ult Evo Siren, Ult Evo Alarune, DQXQ, Ra, Persephone, Vampire Lord, Himiko, Green Noel, Red Noel, Mastering.

Maybe some sort of physical tanky team with Mastering and a bunch of busty Kirin friends?
Just pick out helpers that can work as subs for your leader. Having only one leader skill hurts but the helpers should have much higher stats than your typical subs and that makes up for it.

That may or may not work as you get the tougher normals/technicals though lol.

Just pick out helpers that can work as subs for your leader. Having only one leader skill hurts but the helpers should have much higher stats than your typical subs and that makes up for it.

That may or may not work as you get the tougher normals/technicals though lol.

Yeah I'm trying to think ahead for tougher normals lol.

Mastering with a buttload of Kirin friends seems to get quite high HP with a good amount of RCV. So maybe that? Granted it has piss poor attack.

Hige

4 Tamadras in 10 runs. By the way, I asked earlier in the thread about feeding the babies without evolving them first and I've since been testing it on my own. I've had 11 successes out of 20 feeds, which is right around the 50% that other people have suggested. It's such a pain to gather the evo materials, but I think that's about enough testing for me.

It does feel awesome when you "cheat the system" and get an awakening without evolving it first, though. :D

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So i just started the game a couple days ago, after having fun with Pokemon Puzzle Link on the 3DS xD Digging it so far.
2nd Edit:

Shit, I just realized what a shitty monster I got with my first pull, how essential is getting a god at the beginning? Should I restart even if I already reached Rank 20? Let's just say that the card dragon I got doesn't even cut it for my current team :-(

Hmmm, it says I already have you as a friend and my Kirin should have been up along with my Valk. Hope it worked out for you!

Love your Grodin, too! ;)
Your Kirin wasn't showing up in the available list last night for some reason or another.

Nowadays I got too many monsters and not enough exp. :-(

Hige

Shit, I just realized what a shitty monster I got with my first pull, how essential is getting a god at the beginning? Should I restart even if I already reached Rank 20? Let's just say that the card dragon I got doesn't even cut it for my current team :-(
Yeah, I'd reroll if I were you. We just had a godfest last weekend (increased chance of gods from two different pantheons), so the next one is probably not until August 15th or 16th. It's possible to reroll before then, but it depends how patient you are. You could always play casually until the next godfest and get an idea of the game's mechanics and what type of team you might want e.g. matching specific colors, going for high combos, or a monocolor team.

The OP isn't totally up to date, so I'd take a look at the Google docs guide. It has an overview of the different leaders available.

cw_sasuke

Yeah, I'd reroll if I were you. We just had a godfest last weekend (increased chance of gods from two different pantheons), so the next one is probably not until August 15th or 16th. It's possible to reroll before then, but it depends how patient you are. You could always play casually until the next godfest and get an idea of the game's mechanics and what type of team you might want e.g. matching specific colors, going for high combos, or a monocolor team.

The OP isn't totally up to date, so I'd take a look at the Google docs guide. It has an overview of the different leaders available.
Even though it's exactly what I didn't want to read, so the possibilities to get on of these Gods in a regular play style without paying is that low then?

And about how patient are we talking when rerolling now? 10-15 minutes or more like 4-5 hours? lol....

chrono01

Even though it's exactly what I didn't want to read, so the possibilities to get on of these Gods in a regular play style without paying is that low then?

And about how patient are we talking when rerolling now? 10-15 minutes or more like 4-5 hours? lol....
Yes, without a Godfest going on receiving a God from the REM is pretty rare. Godfests increase the rates to 3x the normal chance, so it definitely helps.

That being said, I managed to roll a Kirin as my first God during one of those centered events [where the drop-rate is only increased by 1.5x the normal rate and only for the select few in that particular category], so it can still happen. It took me a while, though. :/

There's a nice re-roll mention in the OP you should definitely look over. It will make the experience a lot easier.

I wish you luck!

cw_sasuke

Thanks, I think I will keep on playing the game casually and get my reroll on when it comes to the next Godfest. Hope it isn't too far away, mid August sounds nice.

Hige

Yeah, that guide's pretty overwhelming. I just read pieces of it whenever I needed an idea about what goals to aim for.

Rerolling takes about 7 minutes for the tutorial and the gold egg rate is about 1 in 3 during a godfest. So it could take you 7 minutes or 7 hours. It boils down to whether you really want a specific god or if you're willing to go with a few other choices. It took me about 8 rolls to get a specific god (Horus) during his godfest when I first started.

Quantum

What is the viability of an Uevo'd Baal?

He should be real cool in a month or two when Mephisto Descended drops cause they share the same colors and typing.

hadn't looked up mephisto before this, whats with the devils and the 20 turn (inital) cool down.

Mephisto is pretty sad looking with light devils and no synergy between stats and active/leader skill. Running Baal as leader is okay if you have the whole collection of light devils, but there's not a good orb changer among them, which is a huge limitation. 20 turns is way too long, even max skilled Baal isn't really enough. Mephisto does make a decent Light Tron style sub for Baal to keep his leader skill active, though.

Yeah - seems like just another false start for a unique team - there is no way I was going to be able to run a synced color team (light) - I was playing around with a light/dark hybrid but I guess ultimately that would conflict with damage output, not to mention the 20 turn cool down.

Gung ho really likes its cookie cutter teams - granted there are lots of ways to play - just not lots of unique ways to build great end game random teams.

scary how much this is starting to feel like an mmorpg with no new end game content - sure you can run the same raids for your epic drops (skill-ups) but ultimately it doesn't modify your basic cookie cuter team (class or character). the power creep is like an mmorpg adding new end game raids with tricks specifically designed to make it difficulty against specific cookie cutter teams (tank/healer/dps team builds) while increasing the characters damage output to outdate earlier euipment so that you need to keep playing to keep your character up to date.

Ducarmel

Yeah I'm trying to think ahead for tougher normals lol.

Mastering with a buttload of Kirin friends seems to get quite high HP with a good amount of RCV. So maybe that? Granted it has piss poor attack.

depending on your box maybe you can pick a mono color leader and pick 5 Sonia's of the same attribute as subs.

I have Ame she is a great mono red leader and with five Ronia or 4 Ronia and Delay friends I easily made it to Queen of the Gods. Waiting to awaken my Odin to try an All Odin team for QOG and KOG this weekend

Jagernaut

6 runs of Metal/Gold and I got 4 baby Tamadra, 2 dropped in the same run. I also S ranked Fire Mechdragon with this team, Black Pirate's delay helped. 3.7 rarity guarantees the S rank.

CQxlW0V.jpg

Now I need to make a S rank team for Flame Dragon Knight.

depending on your box maybe you can pick a mono color leader and pick 5 Sonia's of the same attribute as subs.

I have Ame she is a great mono red leader and with five Ronia or 4 Ronia and Delay friends I easily made it to Queen of the Gods. Waiting to awaken my Odin to try an All Odin team for QOG and KOG this weekend

Listed the notables in my box before. Only mono color leader I have is Persephone. And a snow globe.

Jagernaut

Listed the notables in my box before. Only mono color leader I have is Persephone. And a snow globe.

Do you have a Valkyrie? A lot of the challenge mode dungeons can be beat easily with a Valkyrie leader and 5 high level Valkyrie friends. The later dungeons will require more specialized teams but a 2.5x attack or higher leader is usually best. Also use elemental advantage, bring light monsters to a mainly dark dungeon for example.

Ducarmel

Persephone could work but i don't know if your damage will be enough for some of the high defense bosses.

Do happen to have Vamp and can evolve him to Arcane Monarch

3x attack for dark type should be good enough, all the Ronia have dark attributes.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Still no luck with my account...

But my lolDevil team is coming along I guess? unevolved Ronia + King Baddie/King Baddie/Wicked Lady/Echidna. It works for most stuff at this point. Just need more Ronia's to pair up with so I can cruise through shit.

E: Funny how on my new account, I managed to get Naga, Siren, and Vamp all without grinding or trying. Ha. No desire to skill any of them up right now because I'm casual, but I remember working so damn hard before.

razterik

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140808_sinka.html

New Thor switches physical for attacker subtype, leader skill is 3x attackers with HP boost. Can use riders, green attackers, and Athena for two prong or rows. Terrible RCV. Might be good to take new Fu with attacker subtype.

Also, we're now feeding two evolved descend gods and an ultimate evolved REM only god to achieve next level of ultimate fusions. That's not cool.

Jagernaut

Requiring REM gods as ultimate evolution food is a terrible idea.

I like that the healer sticker girls get +350 atk, a double secondary color (L/L, etc) and 3 more awakenings (row enhance, skill bind resist, and auto heal). I wish they got a hp boost and easy skillups as well. I have Fuu (use sometimes on Valk team) and Mitsuki (just realized that Mitsuki + Vamp makes a great Haku board).

Thanks, I think I will keep on playing the game casually and get my reroll on when it comes to the next Godfest. Hope it isn't too far away, mid August sounds nice.
You might try saving up stones on your current account and rolling several times in the godfest before you reroll. That way if you get something good you don't have to bother starting over.

Do you have a Valkyrie? A lot of the challenge mode dungeons can be beat easily with a Valkyrie leader and 5 high level Valkyrie friends. The later dungeons will require more specialized teams but a 2.5x attack or higher leader is usually best. Also use elemental advantage, bring light monsters to a mainly dark dungeon for example.

Hopefully I get one later today!

Also did 10 PAL pulls: 2 Tamadra (one with a +), Keeper of Gold.

Did they REALLY think people would be OK with that?

Also, what are these "comp gacha laws"?
Back a few years ago, there was a growing trend of digital games offering a "complete gachapon" feature. In PAD parlance, it'd be something like "collect the entire Norse pantheon, receive the exclusive Light Odin!" That was made illegal about two years ago, and you can see why companies have been wary about introducing features that require specific REM rolls to obtain.

Ducarmel

Did they REALLY think people would be OK with that?

Also, what are these "comp gacha laws"?

Japan consumer affairs passed a ruling regulating mobile games with gatcha mechanics, the gist of it is it would be illegal to have to collect a series to evolve or get a special card.

So it would only be a violation if we had to collect Minerva, Neptune, Ceres, Venus, and Hades to get super ultimate Ceres

edit: beaten

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Interesting - thank you guys!

I see how it's not technically illegal to due what they're proposing, but man is it shitty...Especially if the version you can get is vastly superior to other options available. Kind of like how SoD Luci was the best monster in the game at his release (with the whole "push button to win" thing).

We'll see how it pans out, but even if they DO keep it the way they have it, people will still support and keep feeding GungHo money, haha.

I forgot how much of a pain it is to collect rare evo mats with 50 stamina. Basically I get 3 or 4 tries to collect everything I need. So now I can't decide if I should spend the day trying to skill up my vampire or collecting the two dub-rubylets I need to ultimate evo Echidna

Honestly I can kind of see the use for Ults that require a copy of the same REM monster. It is a neat way of making use of duplicate rolls. I'd only be worried if it leads to some insane power creep.

Still no luck with my account...

But my lolDevil team is coming along I guess? unevolved Ronia + King Baddie/King Baddie/Wicked Lady/Echidna. It works for most stuff at this point. Just need more Ronia's to pair up with so I can cruise through shit.

Nicoga we need to be friends in PaD again, 399 633 290. Max level ronia (+50 eggs) up almost all the time. I could use a non-evolved ronia friend to try and take down fire dragon knight...

EDIT: Fuck collecting REM monsters to get a more ultimate evolved rem monster...If that goes live, I'm quitting. seriously, that is some shady shit, and is a deliberate subversion of the complete GATCHA law. Oh we aren't requiring EVERY monster is a set, that you have to pay for and that you only have a chance of rolling, to get another monster, just SOME of the monsters in that set, that you have to pay for and that you only have a chance of rolling, to get another monster. I won't even look back. Some people will like this, but not me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Honestly I can kind of see the use for Ults that require a copy of the same REM monster. It is a neat way of making use of duplicate rolls. I'd only be worried if it leads to some insane power creep.

I think that's my worry for the state of the game. Power creep already exists, but if REM ults break the game even more, it really will do some major damage. However, I agree with you in that it DOES give use for duplicate rolls. It would have been more awesome if they allowed you to get a 100% skillup on REM gods...But no, they won't due that. ;)

Also, somewhat unrelated, I've always wondered if GungHo tests descended dungeons with teams that aren't combo leads (like Ra, Horus, Chinese Gods, etc). Like, I wonder if they've cleared dungeons with only farmable leads/subs. It would be an interesting approach to show that even stupid dungeons like Dios, Twinlits, Trifruits, etc. could be done via farming alone (without assuming you farm stones for a max skilled Echidna and such) and not relying on stupid luck via RNG or REM.

Also, somewhat unrelated, I've always wondered if GungHo tests descended dungeons with teams that aren't combo leads (like Ra, Horus, Chinese Gods, etc). Like, I wonder if they've cleared dungeons with only farmable leads/subs. It would be an interesting approach to show that even stupid dungeons like Dios, Twinlits, Trifruits, etc. could be done via farming alone (without assuming you farm stones for a max skilled Echidna and such) and not relying on stupid luck via RNG or REM.

I am sure they have a couple of "teams" that they beta test descends with. Some of the teams they deliberately do NOT want the dungeon to be beatable with, and others they do. Most whale teams being ok, but there were dungeons that Luci and Ronia are deliberately designed not to be beatable with. Heracles is damn tough with a Kirin team, Tri colors deal with most Chinese goddesses.

Heck Batman Collab had to have been designed to really bring the pain to all major leaders at the time.

jay23

Downloaded this game yesterday I'm already hooked. I got to level 9 and someone told me to start over and reroll till I get a better starter. What monster should I try and get?

coy

I doubt the evo news will be implemented in its current form. If it does, then they must believe the exodus will not be as severe as I'd expect.

Top Bottom