• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

linsivvi

About the next godfest, i am playing on Android will i get banned if i save my game before spending the 5 stones on the godfest and keep rerolling with the same account by reloading the savegame (Titanium Backup) ? I guess so, but im asking anyway.

You can't do that. The data is saved on the server. All Titanium does is make a backup of your id. When people reroll, they are essentially getting a brand new Id.

And because of this, all those X million download numbers are heavily inflated.

SaintR

I'm definitely sticking to him, it's a fun play style. Managed to one-hit QoG's boss with my relatively underlevelled team. Gigas' 5 turn count pretty much makes him the star member.
I really wish I'd managed to skill up Yamato at least once in the Flame Dragon Knight, but the event is almost over and I'm out of stamina. I never even saw an invade in 20+ runs.

My Kirin team is still way stronger right now, but I needed the change of pace.
I'm always looking for new Yamato friends...just let me know your in-game so I can accept....330 447 209
And finally got my Athena ulti'd so ill be using her a lot more often now.

Stoof

Gotten two Angelits, three Devilits, and three cosmic blue masks from the pal machine so far. Really liking these evo material events :p

Quantum

About the next godfest, i am playing on Android will i get banned if i save my game before spending the 5 stones on the godfest and keep rerolling with the same account by reloading the savegame (Titanium Backup) ? I guess so, but im asking anyway.

If it were that easy everyone would do it!

the truth is every roll is server side, all of the backup account information is actually on a server. the game data is just your accounts basic information.

so if you rolled and didn't like your result - deleted - and loaded a backup save, the roll would have already occurred.

The only way is to back-up your account and start a second account and roll with that for a new starter - if you don't like that then delete and re-run the tutorial ad-naseum.

edit: talk about a late response lol - I started to type this and went for brunch - didn't realize how many hours had passed...

rank 21 is very early in the game, and personally I would re-roll. You can always save this account, but personally I think the benefit of getting a nice starter is not just to run through the game quickly - its so that when you get much further in the game you have something to build an end game team around.

SaintR

Dumb error.. I completely forgot I had spared Athenas I farmed to evolve and awaken my main one. I ultid evod her not thinking cause my box space was thin....oh well thankfully we have those free tamas but Damn what a waste....

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
xD

Yes guys i got it, i also expected it to not work that way - but i like to be sure, because this is the first F2P game of that kind im playing :)

But i gotta say its kinda shitty, that the difference can be this huge between new gamers just depending on what kind Monster they get on their first roll, of course every run and their mom is gonna reroll and redownload the game. I will try my luck with this current save game, maybe i get lucky on the first try - if not i will start new and reroll till im happy.

btw. Keeper of Gold is nice though...right ? I will miss him on my new game. You can really see how much more popular your new lead monster is when the PAL point keeps raining in xD

Here's my guaranteed S-rank team. Took a lot of turns only because I played it super safe by always recharging my skills before clearing each floor. That ensured I had skills ready to clear synched mobs. On rd 9, kill one of the Carbuncles with Luci followed by Grodin. Recharge skills to kill the second Carbuncle. On the boss, just charge and use skills to whittle it down to almost 25%. Use skills to clear final 25% of HP, avoiding the use of Megiddo Cannon. Didn't take as long as the number of turns suggests. It was mostly single matches while charging skills, which is how I killed most mobs. I only used Luci in emergencies against regular synched mobs, since Luci takes so long to charge.

qnRRM9R.png

edit: I find a full set of 4 Pixies to be very useful for limited dungeons. They have the highest RCV for a 1-star monster at 235 RCV, and they're Healers, so they work extra well with Valk/Valk low rarity teams.

xD

Yes guys i got it, i also expected it to not work that way - but i like to be sure, because this is the first F2P game of that kind im playing :)

But i gotta say its kinda shitty, that the difference can be this huge between new gamers just depending on what kind Monster they get on their first roll, of course every run and their mom is gonna reroll and redownload the game. I will try my luck with this current save game, maybe i get lucky on the first try - if not i will start new and reroll till im happy.

btw. Keeper of Gold is nice though...right ? I will miss him on my new game. You can really see how much more popular your new lead monster is when the PAL point keeps raining in xD

It's easier to think of PAD as an MMO-lite rather than a self-contained game. There's been a lot of criticism about how Gungho handles that first roll which other games have solved (Monster Strike guarantees a gold egg from the tutorial roll, for example), but it hasn't impacted their finances visibly so I guess we'll just have to deal with it?

KoG is attainable from a dungeon that rolls around every Tuesday but is absurdly difficult for anybody who hasn't been playing for a few months. But since he pops out of the PAL gacha it's not so bad - I have three despite never running the dungeon.

Quantum

KoG is attainable from a dungeon that rolls around every Tuesday but is absurdly difficult for anybody who hasn't been playing for a few months. But since he pops out of the PAL gacha it's not so bad - I have three despite never running the dungeon.

I haven't had one drop from a PAL pull yet and I'm bitter about it.

hoping complaining here will get me one ^^.

I guess I could - you know - actually do the dungeon itself.

Friend said he would never spend money on PAD. 100 days later and he has spent about 180. He seems happy though and it is the only game he really plays so I think it is worth it.

Quantum

Friend said he would never spend money on PAD. 100 days later and he has spent about 180. He seems happy though and it is the only game he really plays so I think it is worth it.

always an internal debate with me. I've spent way too much if I look at it like a phone game. way too much if I look at it like a desktop/handheld release.

If I look at it like an mmorpg its about right. (The most I've spent in an mmorpg was about 2,000 dollars for eleven years of Anarchy Online - 2 active accounts)

to me its very entertaining and has held my interest - it fills the spaces here and there when I'd like to play a game, but not play a marathon session.

so, even though I wish the stones were more reasonable - I like the game while trying not to get caught up with obsessing with maxing my mobs.

razterik

Done. Next is Sun Quan. No luck at all today hunting red chasers on 3x. 20 runs of worthless drops. I think I will go back to farming orbs since those dungeons at least have something sort of useful. Too bad they aren't all as rewarding as Hera-Sowilo.

TsuXna

21232835010110f7dbae07265.jpg

They going to change mats for Ceres ultimate which required another Ceres before, to something which can be obtained in dungeon. also new 100% skill up system.
Which works in this way:
If you fuse a lvl 99 UVO god to itself, you get 100% skill up
Not totally sure tho, need to wait for more details.

I wonder if they're going to do a Michael Jackson style backpedal and keep the original super uvo in the game while making the farmable version available for the rest of players. Kind of like how Awakenings were supposed to work before they started down the Tama crazy train.

Okamid3n

I'm always looking for new Yamato friends...just let me know your in-game so I can accept....330 447 229.
And finally got my Athena ulti'd so ill be using her a lot more often now.

I think the code might be wrong? It's not working for me. My ingame name is Marth, though.

Also, should I run Legend or Master for Apollo skill-ups in Mystic Light Dragon? I'm guessing Legend is the way to go.

My Ancient Caldera S-rank team. I had to stall a couple extra turns, because I accidentally used my non-skilled Bubblie instead of the max-skilled one.

tCXlvFG.jpg

Grats to all who've got their free S-Rank tamas. I had no luck getting mine from Flame Mech and the new Flame Knight Dragon.

Went in to the Mystic Light Dungeon with a Mastering team, but didn't remember that the boss had high defense. Bye stamina.

SaintR

I think the code might be wrong? It's not working for me. My ingame name is Marth, though.

Also, should I run Legend or Master for Apollo skill-ups in Mystic Light Dragon? I'm guessing Legend is the way to go.
Yes I apologize...it's 330 447 209...you can resend...actually going to try Heracles with a yamato team

saichi

Maybe an alternative to your healer DQXQ team would be to build an all light row enhancement team

farnable subs include

Divigon from gift dungeon or Izanami descended
Lemon dragon also from gift dungeon which we have not gotten yet.
Unicorn
Himi Udon
Tiny Alma
Sandalphon
Hera-Sowilo
Mephisto when we get him

I might give this a try since I have Divigon, Lemon Dragon, Himi Udon and Tiny Alma.

Nicoga, NEVER EVOLVE YOUR RONIA! Seriously 6* and 5* ronia owns these no dupes dungeons.

I can't S Rank them, but I can farm them no problem...

tried to S rank Mystic Light - got 7.8 avg combo and STILL didn't get the S rank (took too many turns with Kirin team,) I might try again after I regain stamina and sub in a lower ranked blue monster for Karin (really just there for HP and ATK)

Likewise no luck with an S rank on Ice Mechdragon. But I'll get it.

Quantum

2/6 skill ups for sun quan. (totally jinxing myself posting this - but very happy about it.)

team(s):

LMeta/Sun Quan/Ecn/Dqxq/XXX/YYY

XXX: Warrior Rose Valk, lovely maiden Valk, Sea god's siren

YYY: Lmeta, either Valk, Dqxq, horus, isis etc.

- limited spike over 2 turns, but the benefit of 2 delays works very well in a lot of dungeons.
- suffers from low max hp, but so far working well for anything you can either delay or burn through before getting hit.

* oh - just thought - if I can find some Sun Quan leads - 3 delays and dual 2 turn spikes.

SaintR

A part of me always wondered if running Horus was making me lazy. I can get the four colors no problem, but I still have trouble consistently getting more than 6 combos.
This is probably it right here. Horus was the main for so long and the focus was to at least get those colors in that matching past that was an afterthought at times. It was more setting up the board for the next floor.
2/6 skill ups for sun quan. (totally jinxing myself posting this - but very happy about it.)

team(s):

LMeta/Sun Quan/Ecn/Dqxq/XXX/YYY

XXX: Warrior Rose Valk, lovely maiden Valk, Sea god's siren

YYY: Lmeta, either Valk, Dqxq, horus, isis etc.

- limited spike over 2 turns, but the benefit of 2 delays works very well in a lot of dungeons.
- suffers from low max hp, but so far working well for anything you can either delay or burn through before getting hit.

* oh - just thought - if I can find some Sun Quan leads - 3 delays and dual 2 turn spikes.
Completely forgot we can skill Sun Quan! Lol such a double edge sword. Cool I can skill up this mob...oh god I have to skill up this mob..

So after some weird PAL pulls I find myself with 3 Keeper of Gold and no real clue what to use them on.

I have all 3 of the Mechs, with Wood Mech Warrior Asgard being my starting rare that got me so far on his own.

I have the mechdragons, but their ultimate evos seem so 'meh'.

I have Thor, Siegfreid and Cucu, but none are in their final evos yet to be ulted.

I do have Light Dominion Raphael, but his new evo isn't US side yet.

Sadly, I don't have Karin.

am_dragon

Just hit 150 stamina!
Congrats, I'm at 144, so close. I didn't even think about it until I hit 130 now I'm playing more than I should to get there faster.

So after some weird PAL pulls I find myself with 3 Keeper of Gold and no real clue what to use them on.

I had 3 gold keepers after evoing Kirin, then I got 2 more with this event so I did the ulti for Midgard (Blue) because he looks cool. Asgard will be next. That was the only "rare" material I pulled this time around. I could really use a green mask for Michael, and an angelit since I now have the orbs for Athena.

SaintR

Ok update on Yamato Takeru vs Heracles. (Research purposes only run)
Yamato 63 awoken
Enchilada MAX (sk lvl 2)*
Gigas 89 (max)
Homura 76 (max)
Ronia max (2) awoken
Yamato max awoken

The asterix on echidna is because you might need her to be at near max skill to make this team viable. you stalling for skills so you killing on the last turns for the first 2 floors so you probably goin to use homura on first floor and gigas on second. However, my team is underleveled so a fully leveled team might not need to use skills up. Gigas is the problem here. You need skills up to kill him and depending on the board it might mean 2. And you need enough time to heal up for Angel fight and this team RCV is low hence why Echidna needs to be near max skill if not maxed. Didn't make it to Heracles but he gets OHKO even with my underleveled team.

maks

Congrats, I'm at 144, so close. I didn't even think about it until I hit 130 now I'm playing more than I should to get there faster.

If you have a KoG farming team you can get there in about 7 days. I just put together a team that can do it in 5mins a run so no biggie for me. I just focused on kog when I woke up and before going to bed at night. Feels good =)

Zero_IYAD

A part of me always wondered if running Horus was making me lazy. I can get the four colors no problem, but I still have trouble consistently getting more than 6 combos.
Can't answer that since I ran Bastet way before getting my Horus..
But for me, getting Horus's -& even Ra's- multiplier sometimes can be easier than Bastet!

Top Bottom