• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Is there any point to keeping any of the Baskin Robbins mobs? It looks like they're all fodder and skillups for riders. Bastet herslef is just meh.

Unless you've got riders, or if you need a resist leader probably not.

Not sure but FF collab has those crystals that skill up riders too, right? With those, at least you don't have to evolve them, like you would with these ice cream dubs.

Goroh

Pulled once, got a d/l batman... i probably won't pull again, even if i'd like a d/w one. This thread scared me. T_T

I pulled...quite a few times. I got everyone but D/L (S. Gloves) Batman, and D/D Bats, Catwoman, and Robin are all skilled up. I still want S. Gloves. =(

Robin tends to drop with +1 on him a lot. The others don't.

As an extra note: D/D Bats is quite hard to skill up. It seems like he was made for the Joker fight, though, since he can get his delay off right before the 117k attack.

Jagernaut

It seems like the odds are roughly:

Silver eggs
Catwoman 30%
Robin 30%
D/D Batman 30%

Gold eggs
D/L Batman 5%
D/W Batman 5%

D/D Batman is the best of the silver eggs IMO, he is a dark Ares with a delay instead of orb changing. He is a great pull for a beginning player since good dark subs are farmable.

lenni

I'd advise 3 pulls for the Batman REM, but I guess I'm salty about my pulls. 1 Catwoman and 5 Robins. Can't really complain though, I wanted Robin, so....

Bastet Robbins even on the highest difficulty is a complete joke; it's basically Friday Dungeon except technical. None of the mobs even use skill guard to stave off The Third Eye. Of course 31 Bastet isn't a guaranteed drop even on the highest difficulty... my actual Bastet is hungry and wants to eat her ice cream sibling for skillups :mad:

Does Batman delay stack with Echidna? If so, I'm dumping all my stones into Batchapon.
vvv Nope

Colby

Does Batman delay stack with Echidna? If so, I'm dumping all my stones into Batchapon.

EDIT: Thanks, Cosmo. I did two pulls and got Cat and Rob. I think Robin can be pretty good on Balanced farming teams, since his skill charges so fast. His stats are decent, too.

I'll save the rest of my 30+ stones for a good Godfest.

Ducarmel

Do you have Kirin, Horus, and/or Bastet?

I have none of those, the only gods I have are War deity Minerva and Verche, as for leaders Grand Tyrannos, Lunar D'spinas, and ADK. So poor man's mono red/dark team is what I am focusing on right now and I can put out a dragon team with ADK. I do have the rippers and some toy dragons to make some situational teams.

Is this godfest a pass or worth some pulls?

chrono01

So I've still got my Rank 20 present waiting to be given (I'm now Rank 51, so.... yeah).

Someone on GAF want it?
I wouldn't mind it if you're simply giving it away. I'd still like to collect Spinon for my Monster Book [I know, it's a random roll but still!].

I don't have a present to trade for, though, but if you're simply giving it away I would gladly accept. If not, I completely understand.

Ultimately this is what the US godfest comes down to. You could also add Lucifer there as well given that Astaroth is a fine Lucifer-style lead.

How much yen for the 85 stone pack on JP, btw? I am rolling a new account there tomorrow during the ubergodfest and was going to follow up my (Kirin/Bastet/Haku/choice JP2.0 starter god) with some follow up REM rolls since the godfest is so uber, and wanted to get a ufficient iTunes code from a site beforehand.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The reason I put Kirin, Horus, and Bastet together is because they are ultimately what the new JP gods are replacements for.

Izanagi is like an Athena or Zeus.
Ame no Uzume is 3.5x fire when HP is full? Gross.
Kushinadahime is basically Ultimate Bastet or Robin.
Umisachi & Yamasachi is Kirin with Fire and Dark swapped.
Okuninushi is like vanilla Bastet.

So...I honestly don't see the use of JP 2.0 gods if you have any of the other combo gods. If you don't have Kirin or Horus, the water twins are worth rolling for, but the rest don't seem too amazing to me.

bjork

Man, the second Joker fight from the bottom took me out in a hurry. I ran the easy one about 5x today with no drop. I should have enough stones to do the batman machine tomorrow, but I'm only doing the one pull and that's it.

I saw a guy the other day on the helper list that had a Space Invaders character, so I'm assuming I missed an event awhile ago. Do these ever repeat? I like Space Invaders.

linsivvi

Man, the second Joker fight from the bottom took me out in a hurry. I ran the easy one about 5x today with no drop. I should have enough stones to do the batman machine tomorrow, but I'm only doing the one pull and that's it.

I saw a guy the other day on the helper list that had a Space Invaders character, so I'm assuming I missed an event awhile ago. Do these ever repeat? I like Space Invaders.

It depends. Some probably are one time only depending on their agreement.

You can expect the COC collab to come back at some point since Gungho and Softbank just bought controlling interest of the developer.

Colby

The reason I put Kirin, Horus, and Bastet together is because they are ultimately what the new JP gods are replacements for.

So...I honestly don't see the use of JP 2.0 gods if you have any of the other combo gods. If you don't have Kirin or Horus, the water twins are worth rolling for, but the rest don't seem too amazing to me.
The twins have dual elements, which is a big damage boost on a 25x team. Plus even if you have Kirin, a friend UmiYama paired with yours against a fire boss is destruction. That's the monster you want, but then there's also the Odins and Metatrons, plus I really like Astaroth and Izanagi. It's a decent fest to pull in, especially if you are missing good spike damagers.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The twins have dual elements, which is a big damage boost on a 25x team. Plus even if you have Kirin, a friend UmiYama paired with yours against a fire boss is destruction. That's the monster you want, but then there's also the Odins and Metatrons, plus I really like Astaroth and Izanagi. It's a decent fest to pull in, especially if you are missing good spike damagers.

You need roll for Odin or Trons, haha. They are gifts from above.

But yes, that's what I was saying - the twins are the only good roll here for folks with the combo leaders already.

PDX is out of date (BetaTester plz).

Ame no Uzume and Izanagi are getting buffed to become >80% instead of full HP sometime in November. My Izanagi gets more PAL uses than Valk whenever I leave him up on accident, which I don't quite understand, but whatever.

Ookuninushi's leader skill was buffed to be 4xATK for a 6+ combo, which makes him a Horus that ate a Bastet. Plus he has a 1 turn delay skill like D/D Batman. Also U&Y's active got tweaked so it isn't complete garbage anymore. These two changes should come with our version of the game on 2spooky Day.

By no means are they bad; they essentially function as additional chances at rolling God King/Top tier monsters for those who haven't been able to do so yet.

Giard

Got D/D Batman, Catwoman and Robin in 3 pulls. Not too sure if I should keep my final stones for the Godfest, or go for one of the other two Batmen. Their drop rate seems abysmal, although the gods available during the Godfest are kinda bad.

Not sure what I should do. The only god I have is Archangel Lucifer. Should I keep the stones for another Godfest? Go for Batman?

Jagernaut

Got D/D Batman, Catwoman and Robin in 3 pulls. Not too sure if I should keep my final stones for the Godfest, or go for one of the other two Batmen. Their drop rate seems abysmal, although the gods available during the Godfest are kinda bad.

Not sure what I should do. The only god I have is Archangel Lucifer. Should I keep the stones for another Godfest? Go for Batman?

Save your stones for this Godfest or one in the future. You will probably get dupes of the Batman characters you already have.

50 stamina and you aren't guaranteed a drop?!
What a waste...

for joker or super metals?

Joker is 100% at the last difficulty but i'm going to assume you meant super metals.

Supers are 100% if they invade, but only 50% at the end. It's a crap shoot, just like everything else....I'm usually able to get one every other run or so.

quin

for joker or super metals?

Joker is 100% at the last difficulty but i'm going to assume you meant super metals.

Supers are 100% if they invade, but only 50% at the end. It's a crap shoot, just like everything else....I'm usually able to get one every other run or so.

The 31 ice cream collaboration.

But the batman collaboration wasnt much better. I ran the 40 stamina dungeon four times without a drop... bad week :p

J0dy77

The Egyptian/Chinese godfests are definitely the best to roll during if you don't have Kirin or lucifer. But I really like these new gods. I've played with them a bunch on the JP side and if you match 6 frequently they can be as strong as the Egyptian gods. The purple and green gods are good and the blue green is a slightly less strong version of Kirin. I've got three stones left that I'll throw at this event.

Edit: spent a stone to refresh super sapphire and got a great feeding siren 2 supers and 3 kings. First time I've gotten lucky like that. Have her near max now from 73 after feeding the highs and remaining kings. Feels good.

Yeah, so it turns out Robin is ridiculously good for Balanced teams if you skill him up. At this point, my Robin's cooldown for his skill is 5 turns--and the skill is active for 6 turns--so I can keep his skill up perpetually after its first activation.

Giard

Yeah, so it turns out Robin is ridiculously good for Balanced teams if you skill him up. At this point, my Robin's cooldown for his skill is 5 turns--and the skill is active for 6 turns--so I can keep his skill up perpetually after its first activation.

Shouldn't it be always active even without a skill up?

Not sure if better than a King Woodsie for that team though, and you can't really run both. That's the outstanding question for me on that team.

Certainly MUCH better than Woodsie if you don't have the time to stall to get Woodsie online, i.e. if you're not going to skill up Woodsie and/or don't have time to stall. Certainly worse for high HP endbosses than Woodsie if you do.

I think he's an important part of the Balanced toolbox but I don't think he's core like ADK and the new Toytops are to that team.

Not sure if better than a King Woodsie for that team though, and you can't really run both. That's the outstanding question for me on that team.

Certainly MUCH better than Woodsie if you don't have the time to stall to get Woodsie online, i.e. if you're not going to skill up Woodsie and/or don't have time to stall. Certainly worse for high HP endbosses than Woodsie if you do.

I think he's an important part of the Balanced toolbox but I don't think he's core like ADK and the new Toytops are to that team.
Fair enough, but he has three major advantages:

1. His skill charges faster and lasts for the whole match, instead of just for one round.
2. His stats are better.
3. He's a Batman character and looks way cooler.

It doesn't stack with other enhancers, though, huh? That's kind of a bummer.

Fair enough, but he has three major advantages:

1. His skill charges faster and lasts for the whole match, instead of just for one round.
2. His stats are better.
3. He's a Batman character and looks way cooler.

It doesn't stack with other enhancers, though, huh? That's kind of a bummer.

Yeah, you can't even activate (to overwrite) King Woodsie if you have Robin's buff up. The issue there is that these kind of spike damage teams really need that one big turn for anything other than casual farming. If you're just casual farming you can just run high stat subs or high skill orb changers and get a similar effect. But when you need to noscope a boss that 27x burst turn is crucial.

JP Godfest starts in a little under an hour. 3x on :

Bastet
Kirin
Lucifer
Dark Metatron (!!)
Horus
Hades
Ceres
Venus
Haku

and some other good stuff (Orochi, Amaretsu, Neptune, ). Going to start rerolling there tonight until I get a Bastet, Kirin, or Haku.

Forz

Does anyone plan on leading with a high level Fortoytops tomorrow? I want give Two Heroes a shot.

394 139 299 if you have some room on your friends list.

Okay, so with dual D/D Hades, Joker's ultra "only" does 18720 damage. I'm going to try to grind him down if one of you guys can put up a strong D/D Hades.

EDIT: Nevermind. I test-ran it with someone's level 71 D/D Hades, and it was all good, except I miscalculated my HP total and was just under 18720, so I died. The team should work, in theory, though, but I'm out of stamina for the night.

Am I just crazy to reroll off a Kushinadahime? Seems insane but I don't think I have the skills to play her.

edit: did it. having to get near OTG level matches to do Horus level dmg isn't impressive.

quin

Yeah, you can't even activate (to overwrite) King Woodsie if you have Robin's buff up. The issue there is that these kind of spike damage teams really need that one big turn for anything other than casual farming. If you're just casual farming you can just run high stat subs or high skill orb changers and get a similar effect. But when you need to noscope a boss that 27x burst turn is crucial.

JP Godfest starts in a little under an hour. 3x on :

Bastet
Kirin
Lucifer
Dark Metatron (!!)
Horus
Hades
Ceres
Venus
Haku

and some other good stuff (Orochi, Amaretsu, Neptune, ). Going to start rerolling there tonight until I get a Bastet, Kirin, or Haku.

I got lucifer, ceres, neptune, amaretsu, kushinada and bastet from godfest and then vitra and persephone from dark carnival!

I'm most excited about persephone though. She completes my satan team!

I got lucifer, ceres, neptune, amaretsu, kushinada and bastet from godfest and then vitra and persephone from dark carnival!

I'm most excited about persephone though. She completes my satan team!

Persephone is also awesome. I love her in my US acct.

Rewarded rerolling off Kushinadahime with a Kirin 2 rolls later. SNAP KEEP.

razterik

Am I just crazy to reroll off a Kushinadahime? Seems insane but I don't think I have the skills to play her.

edit: did it. having to get near OTG level matches to do Horus level dmg isn't impressive.

Well, she scales up well as you build your team. You can probably smash through most early content with nearly any subs till you start picking up orb changers and other utilities. It's not like you need more than 3x for most normal dungeons.

Got my ice cream kitty! It's strangely pleasing to feed all these cream-lits to other monsters. "Here's a delicious treat!"

Had enough for 3 JP Godfest rolls. Megalodran dupe, ugh. Pierdrawn, got one from the dungeon already. Parvati. Perfect, now I get the joy of skilling her up on the JP side, too. Still, she fits really well into Suzaku and several other teams I am working on.

Top Bottom