• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

I only have Robin as lead for the tri color, you could switch Chu over and robin sub with the mono green approach for Water dungeons. 10x combos happen really frequently in tri color.

I'm just trying to figure out what to do with my wood materials. It's probably my weakest color and seems lacking overall with available mobs.
I see your point, but if that's what you're going for, I think you're better off just straight up using Anubis. Anubis himself won't get to attack, but 100x is a lot better whatever Robin's output ends up being.

However, since we are talking about the weekend dungeon, nothing in there has enough HP where that actually matters, and 9x is actually plenty to wipe everything with one or two turns. The only possible exception would be red masks, but that's where Robin's damage boost and your second color would come into play. I use Homura because mine is stronger than my Kamui, but either one will do the trick.

Giard

3uEFp4d.png

fuck

Genji

I've got 3 Berserks now, no luck getting a Highlander yet, but should have one final try later this afternoon. Is it worth leveling up multiple Siegfrieds?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Thanks for adding me everyone. I tried the two heroes stuff a few times today but I'm just not ready I guess. Hopefully next time :(

I've got 3 Berserks now, no luck getting a Highlander yet, but should have one final try later this afternoon. Is it worth leveling up multiple Siegfrieds?

He has excellent awakening abilities BUT they will require massive XP investments to get there. It's a long term luxury project for people who basically have everything.

Genji

He has excellent awakening abilities BUT they will require massive XP investments to get there. It's a long term luxury project for people who basically have everything.

Thanks! Will probably just eat the extras for now and then re-farm him if I get to the point where he ever needs to be awakened.

J0dy77

I see your point, but if that's what you're going for, I think you're better off just straight up using Anubis. Anubis himself won't get to attack, but 100x is a lot better whatever Robin's output ends up being.

However, since we are talking about the weekend dungeon, nothing in there has enough HP where that actually matters, and 9x is actually plenty to wipe everything with one or two turns. The only possible exception would be red masks, but that's where Robin's damage boost and your second color would come into play. I use Homura because mine is stronger than my Kamui, but either one will do the trick.

I'm just referencing tri color. There are other dungeons besides the weekend with that makeup. I guess it would be very limited use but trying to find other teams to mess around with. Bored of the standard teams.

Your avatar is perfect for that post. Lol

On the bright side, at least you saw a tamdra. :)

Giard

never mind the gungtrolll , tell me about the design of that team.

:lol

Basically, I put pretty much everything that I have that's good + a shitty helper for 10 points because they're not important for metal dragons. If you guys have better ideas please do not hesitate :p

qyHXCQG.png

I wish I could get Mystic Masks. Really.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
For dragons, it don't matter...

But in general, ADK + ripper dragons = perfectly fine early on.
Also Luci + 4 RK's = enough to get your first Hera when she comes around.

Either monored or monodark with a Kagu helper. You'll sweep every round except the ones with high or kings on them, so bring an orb changer or two to keep up the pressure.

Alternatively just Valk your way through everything but you're probably not at that point yet.

Giard

For dragons, it don't matter...

But in general, ADK + ripper dragons = perfectly fine early on.
Also Luci + 4 RK's = enough to get your first Hera when she comes around.

ADK is one of the reasons I want Mystic Masks, but they never drop. Also, I suppose you're talking about Rainbow Keepers, but the only one I got so far was from the PAL egg machine. I don't think I'm strong enough to farm some.

Flambe

Haha oh man Giard =s

Managed to 0-stone and get both Heroes and evolve 20ish Pengdras so pretty good day.

Of course I have neither a Water nor a Wood team so eh, but good for the future I suppose lol.

Did someone say something about a Dark Metatron team with all DK/DK Batmans? That would get over my lack of Attacker problems too! (Other than Dino/Beast Rider zzz)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks for that. I *think* I could manage with Valk, Lightning Holy Dragon and Odin as a helper. I do have an ogre that I could use too for a resolve team, but it seems like that would take a while to kill it.

It does, but it's worth it when you can start fielding gravities!

ZeroAKA

ADK is one of the reasons I want Mystic Masks, but they never drop. Also, I suppose you're talking about Rainbow Keepers, but the only one I got so far was from the PAL egg machine. I don't think I'm strong enough to farm some.
Pair your AA Lucifer with a friend's SoD Lucifer, and you should be able to tank through every daily dungeon with a mono-dark team. Just be sure to save up your Morning Stars for the Rainbow Keeper though.

Thanks for that. I *think* I could manage with Valk, Lightning Holy Dragon and Odin as a helper. I do have an ogre that I could use too for a resolve team, but it seems like that would take a while to kill it.
You can, but be wary of the last round because the Mystic Mask hits every turn. This'll throw a wrench into an Odin strategy if it and another divine mask hit you at the same time, so make sure you kill the Mystic Mask ASAP.

On a side note, I do actually wonder about the meta at lower levels. Most of us on this thread have been in the high-100s and higher for quite a while now, which means most of our non-GAF in-game friends are around there, too, and I definitely think this affects the availability of certain helpers. I haven't seen a Viper Orochi lead in quite some time now, and even Amaterasu and Odin are less common these days (although Odin seems to be getting better again)--plus the game has changed a lot since we were doing the lower end stuff. I wonder if all the "Just find a helper with X" advice even works anymore.

Giard

You can, but be wary of the last round because the Mystic Mask hits every turn. This'll throw a wrench into an Odin strategy if it and another divine mask hit you at the same time, so make sure you kill the Mystic Mask ASAP.
I don't really have a problem doing Masks, I use a resolve team there with a Shiva friend. They just don't drop, like that damn Tamadra. I would've been happy with the King too...

that is one random team comp you have going on there
I know, I know :(

Gonna try focusing on getting Rainbow Keepers next week (and of course Mystic Masks). Thanks everyone.

Caerith

I don't really have a problem doing Masks, I use a resolve team there with a Shiva friend. They just don't drop, like that damn Tamadra. I would've been happy with the King too...

I know, I know :(

Gonna try focusing on getting Rainbow Keepers next week (and of course Mystic Masks). Thanks everyone.
Mystic Masks are at least farmable once you get to Ocean of Heaven. The real pain is Dub-Mythlits.

Doing Thursday dungeon to get flowers, Finally decided to clear out my GC Squids for Artemis skill ups.

Fed Two to Artemis got two skill ups... Now she is skill level 5, and I have 10 more squids to feed (only seven more to go that are max level though)

so I might get that last skill up, but maybe not...

just figured out that my new JP account has an orochi, and it's friday dungeon on 2x.

Time for some new subs. Dubs are crazy OP on low level teams.

bleh orb trolled...
2 stone spent on vampire (three synched..)...
then...
i went to the 2 fuckers..
orb trolled again..
when i was against water guy i spent 6 turn without any heart...
spent a stone...
then again 3 turns without hearts..
dead
no more stone..
fu gungho!

ok gungho i'll give you 30 dollah and try my luck at tonight godfest...

Caerith

Doing Thursday dungeon to get flowers, Finally decided to clear out my GC Squids for Artemis skill ups.

Fed Two to Artemis got two skill ups... Now she is skill level 5, and I have 10 more squids to feed (only seven more to go that are max level though)

so I might get that last skill up, but maybe not...
Good luck. My Artemis is permanently at 5/6 skill unless Groove Coaster collab makes a comeback.

Narras

I attempted Heroes Descended again and finally finished the dungeon for the first time. I had Highlander drop at the end. So happy! :D

hermit7

So my current team is made up of Isis, Ice dragon Plesios, golem mk 3, echinda (2nd form), and then a dub amelit (for the dark). Any suggestions? My team cost is only 54 or so right now, so I am limited by what I can add. Other monsters that I have to use (and want to) are a horus, kirin, and d/d batman. What should I do from here?

So my current team is made up of Isis, Ice dragon Plesios, golem mk 3, echinda (2nd form), and then a dub amelit (for the dark). Any suggestions? My team cost is only 54 or so right now, so I am limited by what I can add. Other monsters that I have to use (and want to) are a horus, kirin, and d/d batman. What should I do from here?

You're missing color coverage on Isis for starters; get a green monster on that team somewhere. You can replace Dub-Amelit with Dub-Mythlit who has better stats for the same team cost.

When you feel comfortable with matching you should upgrade to Horus, then after that to Kirin.

hermit7

You're missing color coverage on Isis for starters; get a green monster on that team somewhere. You can replace Dub-Amelit with Dub-Mythlit who has better stats for the same team cost.

When you feel comfortable with matching you should upgrade to Horus, then after that to Kirin.

That is the current issue is that I am trying to upgrade green monsters but have none. And the one that I do have is too high of cost. Sub out plesios for one?

Genji

Ended up with 5 Berserks and 0 Highlanders :( Is one more rare than the other, or is it just bad luck? I assumed they would be 50/50.

Ended up with 5 Berserks and 0 Highlanders :( Is one more rare than the other, or is it just bad luck? I assumed they would be 50/50.
It's 50/50, in theory.

If it helps, I've never gotten Berserk (but I eventually got Siegfried from REM anyway) from that dungeon and have gotten several Highlanders.

Top Bottom