• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Completely missed star vault.

So now I am grinding out my friends list for one more mini 3k pull

I've had 11 pulls and no lubu... so very disappointing.

EDIT: 12 pulls and no lubu.

Totals for 3k mini, 5 liu bei (2 skill ups), 3 cao cao (no skill ups), 2 DXQX (no Skill ups), 2 sun quan no skill ups

jay23

Man that l.Kali artwork is awesome. Wish that kind of effort went into lu bu, his doesn't look that special in comparison.

Excited to see her new stats and awakenings.

I'm not even pulling the 3k machine anymore, you guys don't have to worry since you're rolling in pal points lol. Us peasants need to save them for possible jewels or other rare materials.

Quantum

I'm not even pulling the 3k machine anymore, you guys don't have to worry since you're rolling in pal points lol. Us peasants need to save them for possible jewels or other rare materials.

I have 200 friend spaces - but I still only have like 10-15% daily usage, which is why I was able to roll so many times - I still need jewels too, but I valued the 3k minis as more rare/collectable so they were my priority - first time I didn't have to spend real $$ to get some toons I wanted.

Tobe

Man that l.Kali artwork is awesome. Wish that kind of effort went into lu bu, his doesn't look that special in comparison.

Excited to see her new stats and awakenings.

lubugot fucked in the art dpartment, losing his dragon and having a big ass head, meanwhile lkali keeping ger eternal waifu status

jay23

I have 200 friend spaces - but I still only have like 10-15% daily usage, which is why I was able to roll so many times - I still need jewels too, but I valued the 3k minis as more rare/collectable so they were my priority - first time I didn't have to spend real $$ to get some toons I wanted.

I probably should start increasing my friends list. I've put in so many stones into box space and rem and completely ignored that.

lubugot fucked in the art dpartment, losing his dragon and having a big ass head, meanwhile lkali keeping ger eternal waifu status

Yea lu bu has so much potential to have a bad ass design, but they sort of ruined it. He reminds me of a NBA jam character with the big head.

razterik

Once we get a proper update, spending stones for friend space is a lot less worthwhile. Non-friend leader skills activate, second friend leader stays available after first is used, and BFFs are always up. Never expanded beyond 50 in JP and I almost never run out of useful friends now.

Maybe we'll get to enjoy that in 6-8 months..

am_dragon

I'm not a serious about this game as many here, but I do enjoy it very much. This week I've been a little bummed at my inability to clear more of the Challenge Dungeons. Tonight I took out Zeus-Dios on my first attempt, I had not tried before.
Rank up
I then cleared 2 more challenge dungeons. Feels so good.

On the Mini 3 Kingdoms I ended up with 2 DQXQ, 2 Lu Bu, 3 Liu Bei, 1 LZL, 1 Guan Yu.

I only have the big DQXQ, are these strictly for skill ups? Is it worth keeping one of each?
I'm assuming the LZL is a keeper either way?

ZeroAKA

Do we know for sure how BFFs work yet? I don't want to add someone only to have that person quit a few weeks later and not have a way to change my BFF.

Hastati

Wow, Kali looks craaaaaaaaazy. Like it a lot. Kind of reminds me of Mucha.

61zDN0aEwOL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Mucha seems to be an inspiration for a lot of JP artists! The FF logo comes to mind. A lot of boxarts as well. Makes me really happy.

Also super excited for Kali evo, but wonder what she's gonna cost ><;;

Maid

Banned
Do we know for sure how BFFs work yet? I don't want to add someone only to have that person quit a few weeks later and not have a way to change my BFF.

I remember you choose one for a whole day, not your whole PAD life. I doubt it will be something that's restricting anyway.

Jagernaut

Did my final 3k pal pull, 17 total:

6 Cao Cao
4 DQXQ
4 Sun Quan
2 Lu Bu - wanted the most
1 Light Zhuge Liang

Only missed Red Guan Yu and Liu Bei (have the normal version).

razterik

I remember you choose one for a whole day, not your whole PAD life. I doubt it will be something that's restricting anyway.

It really is that restricting. You choose one and are stuck with them forever as far as I can tell. I'm sure there will be some sort of gimpy fix eventually for people who quit, like maybe a full reset like presents, but I don't think there is going to be any major changes to the system right now.

Thought I had screwed up and blown 50 stamina tonight, but GZL came through like a champ...

Ran the Super Metal Dragons dungeon with less than 10 minutes left, then realized I was only 9k away from a rank-up and refill. So, I switched from my dragon farming team to my GZL team, and ran through a couple of normal dungeons to get the rank-up. Once I got the rank-up, I dove right into Super Metals again with 2 minutes left on the timer... without switching teams. So there I am, facing Super Metals with GZL and a Siren. I thought about backing out but said "f*ck it, I'm here" and went through with it anyway, fully expecting to lose once a Super Metal invaded or on the last floor.

No invade, and GZL managed to pull it off thanks to his active. AND, the Super Metal dropped.

After a great day of jewels yesterday (2/6) I'm having no luck today. Nothing yet in 9 runs.

Edit: in classic fashion I got one on the next run. Hello Beelzebub!

Maid

Banned
Seems like they tweaked Parvati and Laskmir.

Awoken Parvati
2843 / 1506 / 473 (743 weighted)
Active: Water to heal orbs. Enhance heal orbs.
LS: 2.5x ATK and 1.5x RCV to wood attribute cards. 2x ATK when erasing 5 heal orbs simultaneously.

Awoken Lakshmi
4197 / 1436 / 100 (740 weighted)
Active: Deal 20x ATK to 1 enemy and heal 50% damage dealt. Randomly spawn 3 heal orbs.
LS: 2.5x ATK and 1.5x RCV to water attribute cards. 2x ATK when erasing 5 heal orbs simultaneously.

Not sure how this will play out, but the potential x25 is exciting.

Hastati

Skill is even worse since now you can't use her to activate after a full board change. Man, they fucking hate Lakshmi. Wow.

I feel like they should start over and give her a more creative skill. Also, they should give her new art, the current version just does nothing for me (I really like the crap lotus evolution's art though!).

zoku88

Thought I had screwed up and blown 50 stamina tonight, but GZL came through like a champ...

Ran the Super Metal Dragons dungeon with less than 10 minutes left, then realized I was only 9k away from a rank-up and refill. So, I switched from my dragon farming team to my GZL team, and ran through a couple of normal dungeons to get the rank-up. Once I got the rank-up, I dove right into Super Metals again with 2 minutes left on the timer... without switching teams. So there I am, facing Super Metals with GZL and a Siren. I thought about backing out but said "f*ck it, I'm here" and went through with it anyway, fully expecting to lose once a Super Metal invaded or on the last floor.

No invade, and GZL managed to pull it off thanks to his active. AND, the Super Metal dropped.
Yea, I've forgotten which team I had currently selected more times than I'd like to admit.

Almost forgot the challenge dungeons ended tonight. I've been so busy. I'm tired but had to clear it before midnight. In my sleepy haste I actually died 3 times in a row because I stupidly forgot to activate Indra before killing Sowilo. Oh well. Got the stone back after the clear. This team actually works quite well for this dungeon. Though it can get orb trolled with LKali subbed out. But I like keeping Odin and bringing in Indra instead of subbing out Odin for Kushi. Makes stalling 10 turns against Beorc much easier. Also Apollo's lone TPA on the team is clutch for breaking extreme fatty.

Erz8YKO.jpg

S5DoGRB.jpg

saichi

ended up with more than 20 pulls on mini 3K.

5 dqxq for 1 skill up
3 lie bei for 1 skill up
3 guan yu for 0 skill up
2 sun quan for 0 skill up
1 lu bu for 0 skill up

and keep a set of whole mini 3K collection. skill up luck sucks but can't complain when just pulling with PAL points.

Now I just need that dark jewel.... :(

Maid

Banned
Skill is even worse since now you can't use her to activate after a full board change. Man, they fucking hate Lakshmi. Wow.

I don't think everything is supposed to work with full board chance, even Parvati, like, how are you going to use Meimei and Parvati together now? Seems like the biased toward anything regarding Laskmir is overboard. She's a pretty fine leader now.

colinp

Banned
Hmmmm, more juggler types....?

Bring it on!

I hate forgetting to run rainbow keeper and remembering when it's already changed to Wednesday dungeon. Sure I can run the coin dungeon but damn I think I need to keep a list of mats I need each week to keep me straight.

The JP announcements, they are never ending:
New XQ leader skill: HP of Healer type increases by a little (same as LTron), rest same as DQXQ

Apparently somebody out there complained about Ult Venus cause they're tweaking her in the future. Thought she was fine...

Survey Dungeon 15 is DQXQ and Sun Wukong skillups.

Quantum

I have no idea which sun Quan uvo I want to use, I have a large pool of blue based leaders so perhaps I'll make the sub version, but so directionless.

J0dy77

Finally. Just need to skill up Yamato in the current survey dungeon and get 1 more Tamadra for Sun Quan.

Just Evo'd mine as well, waited so long for this. I should finally have a no risk mythical Friday team. I just need a few more levels in my dino rider and some Tamdras for him. Still trying to figure out the best overall team, would like to somehow fit Echidna. Might have to adjust based on the dungeon I guess. I even gave mine the 2 +9 Tamdras from the last couple challenges.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Woohoo 200 days !!!

2015-03-11-13-16-43m8uut.png

Its been been a great ride so far thanks PaD-GAF and all the helpful posts in this thread. Perfect timing that we also got Sun Quan Ult Evo today.

My U&Y team has come a long way.

2015-03-11-13-21-02wyuz7.png

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim...3.4.7..989.99.1.0.0.0.4..1297.99.1.99.99.99.7..

Subs:
Siren, Grodin, Orochi, Lilith

Next stop - skill ups. Also only a couple +eggs away from my first +297 card.

Edit: Sub wise only card i could ask for that would really enhance the team would probably be Dark Kali.

colinp

Banned
Just Evo'd mine as well, waited so long for this. I should finally have a no risk mythical Friday team. I just need a few more levels in my dino rider and some Tamdras for him. Still trying to figure out the best overall team, would like to somehow fit Echidna. Might have to adjust based on the dungeon I guess. I even gave mine the 2 +9 Tamdras from the last couple challenges.

What is that Friday mythical team going to look like?

Ultimate evolved sun quan this morning to dragon healer. Finished the awakenings on lie bei, so my potential GZL team is almost fully awoken, just got to work on skill ups and levels.

Ultimate red Valk is almost fully awoken for my mono red teams, do we get one more free Tama? If so she gets it over sun quan (I need to find a use for him now that I have him)

Jagernaut

If you can build a team with 8 skill boosts you can use max skilled Echidnas or Liliths on floors 2 and 3 and beat it easily. With 2 max skilled Swallowtails you only need 4 skill boosts. I use DTron/Hanzo/Haku/Lilith/Lilith/DTron. Jody could use:

Ultimate Yamato
Dino Rider Drake- max skilled Ares would be better
Echidna
Lilith
X - max skilled fire orb changer with 1 skill boost preferably Awoken Minerva, red Valk or Chiyome
Ultimate Yamato

J0dy77

Here's what I'm going to run normally:

2wCFvCK.png

And this for Friday Mythical. It hits the magic 8 skill cd awakening number to have lilith up for round 2 and echidna for round 3. Now I just need to find people actually running him.

2aFkzMu.png

ccbfan

Dear lord on the new Godfest exclusives.

Pretty much shit faces on all the current characters. (Except Juggler which we don't have).

J0dy77

Dear lord on the new Godfest exclusives.

Pretty much shit faces on all the current characters. (Except Juggler which we don't have).

I saw the new cards on reddit but couldn't tell what the leader skills were. Anyone have the translation?

Just went 0/10 for jewel invades...

What is the percentage chance of getting an invade? Feels like I never get any when I'm actually looking for them.

20% chance normally. This last event was 1.5x or 30%. Chances today are 0%, we're off event and jewels aren't active. Not sure why we got that last stone this morning so I can understand the confusion.

Ducarmel

I saw the new cards on reddit but couldn't tell what the leader skills were. Anyone have the translation?

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=263

Zuo, 6-stars evolved
Devil / Physical
Active: Change the entire board into Fire, Wood, and Dark orbs
LS: 3x ATK when matching 3 sets of Dark/Dark/Wood or Dark/Wood/Wood orbs. 6x ATK when matching 4 sets of Dark/Dark/Wood/Wood orbs.

Gadius, 6-stars evolved
Dragon / Healer
Active: Change the entire board into Fire, Light, Dark, and Heal orbs
LS: 2x ATK at 1 heal combo. 6x ATK at 2 heal combos.

Ilum, 7-stars evolved (rare)
Devil / Attacker
Active: Change the entire board into Fire and Light orbs
LS: 3x ATK when matching 3 sets of Light/Light/Fire or Light/Fire/Fire orbs. 6x ATK when matching 4 sets of Light/Light/Fire/Fire orbs

Tifon (Typhon?), 7-stars evolved (rare)
Dragon / Balanced
Active: Change the entire board into Fire, Water, Dark, and Heal orbs
LS: Increase ATK when erasing 3 or more heal orbs simultaneously, up to 6x ATK.

They seem better then Juggler to me.

hermit7

After all my rolls I have to say that I am happy that I had rolled a Lubu at the last God fest. Rolled around 12 times and didn't roll one lubu.

Had 4 sun quan (got a skill up)
2 Cao Cao
3 Lei bei
1 dqxq
1 rgy

Top Bottom