• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

My future Athena team is something like:

0METEca.jpg

And here is what I'm thinking for DQXQ:

haiA2GP.jpg

Additional options for DQXQ are DL Batman or Sandalphon. Divinegon would be the fire uevo.

Both teams obviously need a lot of leveling and awakening. I would really benefit from an Izanagi, or one of the new knights. A good damage boost is really all these teams are missing.

colinp

Banned
I think I could make a decent Athena team but oi leveling more light sounds like the last thing I want to do right now.

Hige

Athena's fun to farm with, but I feel like the low RCV is a big hurdle to overcome to tackle harder dungeons. I don't have enough plus eggs yet.

Hathor with LKali sub is the new hotness IMO.

I'm glad Zero always keeps Rebel Luci up as one of his helpers. Nice to know there's a always a +297 Luci available for the rare times I still need him, without having to put up a request. I was also fortunate to not get Heart trolled during all the Luci charging. I've done 200+ turn defensive S-rank runs before, but those were usually quick matches with an autoheal team. This one took forever as I had to clear many orbs each turn to keep the Hearts flowing. Glad it's over with.

aCVw8fN.png

Some whale on my friends list actually has a max-skilled Supergirl. He's also the highest ranked player I've seen in the U.S. game at rank 815. Even UPC is only at 748. Pretty crazy. Wonder how many pulls this took.

dzPTfYD.png

razterik

Ken is crazy like that. I don't think I've ever seen him put up something that wasn't max skill and +297. I doubt he pulled that many Supergirl, though. Don't forget Shynpy exists now and are certainly easier to obtain than duplicate REM gold eggs.

Ken is crazy like that. I don't think I've ever seen him put up something that wasn't max skill and +297. I doubt he pulled that many Supergirl, though. Don't forget Shynpy exists now and are certainly easier to obtain than duplicate REM gold eggs.
Wait ... that's Kutaragi?! =P I forgot about those skill-up mobs. You're most certainly correct. Still, to get multiple Shynpys? Those are super rare themselves. Crazy either way.

Got my JP account back just now. Feels like an eternity despite only about two weeks passing. Also I don't remember what I was planning on doing at all, asides from trying to finish up a stack of Green Chasers.

Lost about 10 friends in the process though so if anybody wants to add 110992483 to help me repopulate that would be great.

1/6 on Lu Bu today bringing me up to 1/21 overall. But at least I went 2/2 on my Midgard! Thanks Gungho!

In all seriousness though its not too big a deal since at least now he's up in the same number of turns as a maxed Ronia.

Zero_IYAD

I'm glad Zero always keeps Rebel Luci up as one of his helpers. Nice to know there's a always a +297 Luci available for the rare times I still need him, without having to put up a request. I was also fortunate to not get Heart trolled during all the Luci charging. I've done 200+ turn defensive S-rank runs before, but those were usually quick matches with an autoheal team. This one took forever as I had to clear many orbs each turn to keep the Hearts flowing. Glad it's over with.
Glad that my Luci is actually still usable.
That's the 1st S-rank I gave up on.
Tamadras are never that important to me & that dungeon is pretty difficult to clear with all the black outs the boss uses.

Glad that my Luci is actually still usable.
That's the 1st S-rank I gave up on.
Tamadras are never that important to me & that dungeon is pretty difficult to clear with all the black outs the boss uses.

I've given up on S-Ranks, especially if the dungeon is incredibly not bastet or Kirin Friendly. No Dupes is at least easier with Bastet now because I can run healer and use a Dark bastet, but black outs suck.

I'm just glad that I s-Ranked DC Collab first run of legendary that I finished. I burned through 2 complete stamina bars beating it (156 stamina). I am debating farming master instead of legendary. Master No problems, Legendary CONSTANT ORB TROLLING!

J0dy77

My future Athena team is something like:

Additional options for DQXQ are DL Batman or Sandalphon. Divinegon would be the fire uevo.

Both teams obviously need a lot of leveling and awakening. I would really benefit from an Izanagi, or one of the new knights. A good damage boost is really all these teams are missing.

Might want to tweak the Athena team, Valk isn't a god and won't get the benefit of Athena's Leader skill.

Might want to tweak the Athena team, Valk isn't a god and won't get the benefit of Athena's Leader skill.
My thinking was that if valk can create an extra 4 orbs using her active, that will more than make up for the lost damage. The team is a long way from being usable though so hopefully I'll come into some better options.

Zero_IYAD

I'm just glad that I s-Ranked DC Collab first run of legendary that I finished. I burned through 2 complete stamina bars beating it (156 stamina). I am debating farming master instead of legendary. Master No problems, Legendary CONSTANT ORB TROLLING!
That's what I've been doing for the past 2 days, burning the stamina whenever it belts up in Master runs.
Glad I finished Legendary on the 1st time.

quin

JP players are getting 2 Godfests back to back with the addition of Belldandy, Skuld and Urd. All Godfest monsters are lvl 40 and above as well.

Pretty soon I think Godfest will be 24/7.

The new Gods' leader skills are quite different than normal also.😅

Urd for example:
Fire types get 3x attack
Water types get a small increase in HP and RCV.

Active skills are great though. Full board change to their attribute colors plus hearts(3 in total).

Hige

I'm 4/9 on Orochi skill ups (which I don't even use anymore) and all I want are green masks. This game's desire sensor is strong.

That dungeon is made for GZL teams though. Three of the floors do enough pre-emptive damage to put you under the 80% threshold and from there you just nuke everything away. :D

I'm glad JP has been running spirit orb gift dungeons so frequently. I don't exactly have the resources to farm descendeds for orbs so it's good to know I still have a semi reliable way of obtaining them.

First S-rank attempt I used a second King Bubblie instead of Treant. I cleared the dungeon but missed S-rank by only 1700pts. Realized I didn't even need the second Bubblie and dropped it for Treant on the second attempt. Both runs went smoothly. My full power Sakuya team should be a breeze if I decide to farm it. And again, Orb Refresh is so good.

IhracfQ.jpg

First S-rank attempt I used a second King Bubblie instead of Treant. I cleared the dungeon but missed S-rank by only 1700pts. Realized I didn't even need the second Bubblie and dropped it for Treant on the second attempt. Both runs went smoothly. My full power Sakuya team should be a breeze if I decide to farm it. And again, Orb Refresh is so good.

I didn't realize just how much I destroyed DC collab S-Rank... 204,308 Points, that was with a full power Kirin team (no low rank monsters to pad the score). I was just sick of wasting stamina on it because I could not beat it.

Am I really going to have to farm this with a Luci team?

Thought I could handle Takeminakata with DQXQ, but I accidentally took Divinegon below 50% and wiped. Not sure if who I should use if I decide to try again. Maybe Anubis?

Probably Superman at the current moment. Supergirl has potential but either needs an ult or more time in the lab to come up with a great team.

Took one more stab at wizard carnival since most things in the upcoming godfest don't interest me, got a Dill Sirius. Guess it's time to start farming DC Collab...

Took one more stab at wizard carnival since most things in the upcoming godfest don't interest me, got a Dill Sirius. Guess it's time to start farming DC Collab...

Where's the godfest info? Can only find for EU.

Don't have any of the ninjas yet so if the godfest is bad I might as well use some rolls before the wizard carnival ends.

linsivvi

Thought I could handle Takeminakata with DQXQ, but I accidentally took Divinegon below 50% and wiped. Not sure if who I should use if I decide to try again. Maybe Anubis?

I used Robin with a friend Kushinadahime or Bastet. Divinegon is still dangerous though and I only managed to clear it 2/4. Luckily the spirit jewel dropped on my last attempt.

Hasn't been announced yet, Cosmo just expects it to be shortly. ;)
Yeah EU is adding the Kalis which while nice I don't exactly have much use for. Only thing that would make me regret blowing my stone load early is a 3K godfest since Sun Quan would be aces for my blue healer team, but that's one wanted god out of... a lot to potentially roll. Double JP godfest is similar; I already have pretty much all the chase pulls and I'd rather save up for the return of boy gacha.

Also as a courtesy reminder for Android players do NOT upgrade to 5.0 Lollipop until PAD adds ART compatibility. Some devices do automatic updates so be wary of that.

Jagernaut

Godfest announcement.

1402815_951412021554057_7956628392645235884_o.jpg

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
19 minutes ago ·
*Godfest Announcement*
[Duration]: 11/15 (Sat), 12:00 AM - 11/16 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)

An Epic Anniversary Event demands an Epic Godfest introduction! Hero, Three Kingdoms, and Indian Series 2 Gods descend at the Godfest!

As of this Godfest, Kali is now available at 3x Rates as a Godfest Exclusive! Metatron is also available, but at standard 1x Rates.

- Hero Series -
1065 Yamato Takeru
1067 Andromeda
1069 Perseus
1071 Sun Wukong
1073 Pandora

- Three Kingdoms Series -
1231 Cao Cao
1233 Sun Quan
1235 Liu Bei
1237 Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao
1239 Lu Bu

- Indian Series 2 -
1330 Krishna
1332 Sarasvati
1334 Vishnu
1336 Ganesha
1338 Durga

- Special -
362 Odin
364 Odin, the War Deity
1107 Phantom God Odin
640 Archangel Metatron (Standard 1x Rate)
642 Dark Angel Metatron (Standard 1x Rate)
911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia
1088 Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia
1241 Bearded Deity, Guan Yu
1243 Loyal Deity, Guan Yu
1359 Apocalypse
1372 Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang
1374 Life Dragon, Zhuge Liang
1585 Goddess of Secrets, Kali (NEW)
1587 Goddess of Power, Kali (NEW)

zoku88

I really want a Sun Quan. I kind of have a UmiYama healer team, but I'm using echnida for delay and King shynee for healer x3.

Using a Sun Quan would free up another lot for something else. (Maybe Odin for stack stick.)

Watch me get a fourth Grodin instead though :-/
Speaking of Zhuge

haha, mini Zuge

He is a drop in the new Zhao Yun descended dungeon...
skilling him up is going to suck.��
Everyone else gets dragons except for Zhuge, haha.

I have DQXQ and Lubu, but nothing else on the list, so I'll probably throw a few pulls at it. I'd love a Sun Quan or any of the GF exclusives. Plus the heroes should be getting evos announced soon, so I wouldn't mind getting one of them.

Finally cleared Sky Prison for the 1st time. :)

Dmeta really makes things easier with the bind immunity and 16x. I even inadvertently one shotted the TAMAbaby on floor 3 with a row and a few matches.

I leveled and evolved that Zeus (before I rolled a Dmeta) for nothing…

unrealist

Didn't really enjoy Monster Strike as the coop function relies on LINE which I find it to be a hassle and taking the "casual" fun out of it.

Is it too late to jump into Puzzle & Dragons now? Seeing the game has been launched for sometime.

colinp

Banned
Didn't really enjoy Monster Strike as the coop function relies on LINE which I find it to be a hassle and taking the "casual" fun out of it.

Is it too late to jump into Puzzle & Dragons now? Seeing the game has been launched for sometime.

Never too late, and with a God fest coming up this weekend it's a good chance to get a good starter.

Keep in mind that you really do need to keep re-rolling until you get a good starter. Otherwise you'll likely hit a wall early on.

linsivvi

Yeah it's never too late. Events happen 2/3 of the month which means free stones and new features are still rolling out periodically.

Quantum

in addition to the above (never too late)

I would argue that the first few months with the game are the most fun - would absolutely recommend new players starting, but just remember its really addictive.

If you plan to spend money, make sure you limit yourself - the REM can just steal stones.

if you don't plan to spend money, read a few of the suggested guides and spend time re-rolling for a strong leader that will allow you to clear most of the content over time.

smbu2000

Got my JP account back just now. Feels like an eternity despite only about two weeks passing. Also I don't remember what I was planning on doing at all, asides from trying to finish up a stack of Green Chasers.

Lost about 10 friends in the process though so if anybody wants to add 110992483 to help me repopulate that would be great.

I sent you friend requests from my two JP accounts. (smbu and mastrchief)

Top Bottom