• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

razterik

About 4.5M exp from the enhanced carnival. Hope they will keep doing this. Best use of PAL points.

It only showed up once in JP that I remember. Was shortly replaced by the enhance carnival in the regular PAL machine -- only 200 points per pull, but full of lots of three star garbage.

I also pulled Satsuki (on my iPad) and she's going to replace Cell as the leader of my Dragon team. 1.5x RCV for Dragons and 3.5x ATK for Attackers is better than the 3.5x attack for Dragons/Devils that Cell has. Most of my Dragon team is Attacker/Dragon so this works out great. Cao Cao, Liu Bei, Trunks and Uub. I can't use Cell on the team because he is Dragon/Devil. I've been using the team with a Vegito friend. He is also Dragon/Attacker.

Combined with Vegito's 1.25x RCV boost, that would give the team a 1.875 RCV boost, which is very nice indeed. My main trouble has always been healing with that team. Plus I'd still have the same 17.5x (3.5x x 5x) attack power. (TPAs are of course what boost the attack power a lot)

I guess I could run something like Liu Bei, Cao Cao, A.Karin, and Nim to pair with all those dumb Vegitos on my list. Sounds in all ways inferior to my A.Shiva team, though. I think she'll stay as a sub for dark teams right now, which she's quite good at.

linsivvi

It only showed up once in JP that I remember. Was shortly replaced by the enhance carnival in the regular PAL machine -- only 200 points per pull, but full of lots of three star garbage.

Sad to hear. Is this any different from the old PAL machine with enhanced material?

Rixa

Question, would this be ok team with LKali (ofc evolved & leveled units), or should I switch Dill to Vamp?

Screenshot_2015-08-31-19-08-16.png

razterik

Sad to hear. Is this any different from the old PAL machine with enhanced material?

When it happens, it'll only be enhance materials. None of the other random PAL rolls come out.

Made another JP Godfest roll. Horus. Instant 5k MP. Could try for one more pull by tomorrow, have to see what I can finish.

Ducarmel

Question, would this be ok team with LKali (ofc evolved & leveled units), or should I switch Dill to Vamp?

Except for Muse, those subs do nothing to help L Kali beside filling up attribute requirement.

Might as well use her best farmable subs instead to replace those.

Ultimate Evo Athena, Ultimate Ultimate Valk, Dark Izanami, and use the Muse you already have.

Rixa

Except for Muse, those subs do nothing to help L Kali beside filling up attribute requirement.

Might as well use her best farmable subs instead to replace those.

Ultimate Evo Athena, Ultimate Ultimate Valk, Dark Izanami, and use the Muse you already have.

Thanks, I was kinda lost how to form party with LKali (I dont run with her). Now I have some aim and insight in the longrun, when ever I start to do those dungeons.

Kyuur

Leilan is the only one I wouldn't use since her active ruins your leader activation unless you also combo in another active. Other then that, its fine in the interim but not ideal. Most people prefer to stack Light/* units so you can match 4 orbs for TPA Light to get a damage boost for multiple units.

Duca's team really only is better (minus DIza, her active is useful regardless) once Valk and Athena are at their final stage which requires several jewels, not sure if that's in your reach yet or not. Until then, Athena is worse than Nut (maybe better than Dill since he doesn't benefit from Muse's buff) and Valk is on par.

Jagernaut

Thanks, I was kinda lost how to form party with LKali (I dont run with her). Now I have some aim and insight in the longrun, when ever I start to do those dungeons.

You don't want to use subs whose active skill conflicts with your leader skill. After using Leilan you wouldn't be able to activate L Kali. The only orbs L Kali doesn't need to activate are wood and hearts so Fuma and Valk would be best to turn those useless orbs to light.

Jagernaut

I've been throwing almost all of my natural stamina for the past 3 days at Sky Dragons, but still no Phoenix appearance. I spent 2 stones on stamina to get Theurga, and now this?

That's bad luck. It only took me 8 runs of Fire Skydragon to get a Phoenix after 16 failures in a row on Zeus Vulcan. Keep trying.

zoku88

Decided to beat true endless with awoken parvati today. Thought I'd get a stone, but I guess I have to beat the other versions.

Noaloha

Had 40+ pulls on the exp PEM today (took a moment to mull over saving points for the dedicated Evo mats PEM, if that ever returns, but now-now-now recklessness won out). Nice EXP, but man I was bummed to not see a single x1.5 or x2 multiplier across *any* of the feeds.

Looking forward to my free 300 day stones tomorrow. Gonna open up my padherder stable for the first time in forever afterwards and update everything, then take stock. Do any of you enjoy simply looking at monster libraries and crafting teams from what's available? If so, I may link the padherder and let you figure an optimal team that I'm no doubt overlooking.

Noaloha

Got one more pull on JP with the daily stone they gave

Wee Jas

Ehh

You probably have a better rounded roster than I do without as many gaps to fill in green teams, but I recall I harrumphed my green Wee Jas when I rolled him. Obviously he not a primo high tier key-card or anything, but turns out he actually finds his way into my rotating 'I've nothing really optimal here' slot for Verdandi fairly regularly. With extra move time, bind immunity, bind clear, heart making and a delay, he brings a fairly packed bag of utility. I certainly don't think he's junk.

FZZ

Banned
Green or Light?

Light.

You probably have a better rounded roster than I do without as many gaps to fill in green teams, but I recall I harrumphed my green Wee Jas when I rolled him. Obviously he not a primo high tier key-card or anything, but turns out he actually finds his way into my rotating 'I've nothing really optimal here' slot for Verdandi fairly regularly. With extra move time, bind immunity, bind clear, heart making and a delay, he brings a fairly packed bag of utility. I certainly don't think he's junk.

Yeah he's a good utility sub. But I was still looking more for a new lead I could try out. All I have is juggler, Hathor, and Pandora in jp.

And Hathor and Pandora are also in my NA box so it's not really a different or new team.

Quantum

- finished skilling CaoCao #1 on first day o.0, gonna wait for 2x I think to skill second - although don't plan on using two.

- moderate temptation to pull in REM due to the high percentage of gold rolls, but fear a ton of dupes.

- Likely going to pass after face rolling on the first day of summerpad, not sure if I should work on another team right now anyway, nothing seems better than A.Shiva team or A.Ra team and while my shiva team is done now, I still have a metric ton of work to do on my A.Ra

- I have countless farming teams and so I think I'm gonna pass on this godfest,

- maybe work on the summer pandora, I like that she can get activated by with either blue or dark although I'm not sure what team to make after previously giving up on the pan/hak/hak/han/han/pan effort.

jay23

Cleared challenge level 8 with Ra this is the farthest I've made it so far. Do you guys have any team recommendations for level 9? Will awoken Shiva team work?

Labbed up a new Vegitto team, dropping blue in favour of full seal immunity. It also lets me experiment with Indra without destroying potential team comps, unlike the second team which is why I have yet to uvo Isis. What do you guys think?
ikDffZg.jpg

am_dragon

Did 40 pulls of the pal egg machine yesterday for no reason at all. Woke up to the enhance carnival egg machine. :(

One GF pull because I "need" izanagi, 4th Sarasvati. She is the only one I have from that series, no way I'm pulling tomorrow.

Rolled trash on my JP account, not even worth mentioning.

Had 150 stones on my no-luck account, rolled and sold all of them in an attempt to get Ra Dragon. Ended up at 250k/300k MP :(

In the process of putting A.Ammy into slot 1 on JP. Does anybody require either my Pandora or Krishna? I'll keep one of them in the BFF slot.

edit: lol
ChT5pDV.jpg

Swooped-Wing Cyberbeast, Phact is my yolo roll for today. Will sub into my Perseus team for now. Hopefully three rolls for tomorrow if I can gain two more stones.

Kyuur

Sowilo Mythical down! I think I would have won even without Woodsie who I didn't use until she was 30%~, but it's a good safety net none-the-less. Chester saved my ass on the Baron with a board full of jammers, poison and low HP. Actually the first time his skill has been useful for me!

Got the last stone I needed for my 5th roll tomorrow. Here's hoping its good!

yami4ct

Grinded all day to get 1 more pull this godfest and I get....a third Gabriel. Ugh. I'll save her for when Angels get their Awokens, but my US account has rotten luck.

Rolled 1 more on my JP. Got Ame. She seems to be a pretty decent coin lead. If Okun is any indication, she should get a split evo soon and given the strength of my fire monsters, she could turn into something really cool. Will probably be able to get 1 more pull on my JP this godfest. Hoping for a Haku for my Panda team.

razterik

Eh, KR has had really large head starts on NA before, so I'm keeping my expectations low.

NA Godfest day two rolls.

Give me water dupes of my whole box but not the Sarasvati I wanted, huh. Nim, Rozuel and Phoenix Rider, but no normal Urd here. Still good fire pulls as usual. A Light Kali to boost my A.Ra team from garbage to somewhat usable. And some nice greens, including Verdandi and Kaede, for A.Bastet.

Mostly satisfied. Might roll another pack later if I feel up to it. Really want Sarasvati, Urd, and Satsuki.

yami4ct

Eh, KR has had really large head starts on NA before, so I'm keeping my expectations low.

Give me water dupes of my whole box but not the Sarasvati I wanted, huh. Nim, Rozuel and Phoenix Rider, but no normal Urd here. Still good fire pulls as usual. A Light Kali to boost my A.Ra team from garbage to somewhat usable. And some nice greens, including Verdandi and Kaede, for A.Bastet.

Mostly satisfied. Might roll another pack later if I feel up to it. Really want Sarasvati, Urd, and Satsuki.

If only I could trade my Sarasvati for your Verdandi. I would love Verd and have almost no usable water guys on my JP account.

razterik

If only I could trade my Sarasvati for your Verdandi. I would love Verd and have almost no usable water guys on my JP account.

Oh, uh, that's my heavy IAP NA account rolls for day two Godfest. Lot of new stuff there.

My non-IAP JP account has five Verdandis now. And a bunch of random blues that I never use, like Sumire, Blodin, Andromeda, Isis, Sun Quan... Sorry.

Ahaha, wow. The top ten for the JP ranking dungeon is literally the exact same team ten times. Ilm, Rodinx3, A.Ra, Ilm.

Rixa

Raised inventory size, increased friend list size by 5 and made 5 more pulls because reasons.

Atleast I got 2 gods this time and first one is really great, another one will be good(?) when ever I can (prolly in few years) awoken it to final(?) form. 2 Nice pulls and 3 crap pulls.

1. Vishnu, great so great \o/
2. More these Sh(a)it(an)s, now even unevoed version.
3. My 4th fruit dragon, no dupes. Any niche use to fruities?
4. According to PADX comments Awoken Form is great?
5. Ehh, I guess this can have some use in dark team (or not).

Ahaha, wow. The top ten for the JP ranking dungeon is literally the exact same team ten times. Ilm, Rodinx3, A.Ra, Ilm.

To be fair, one of them had a non-UVO Rodin and some changed the order to be Ilm, Rodin, A.Ra, Rodinx2, Ilm. Such diversity in team building.

1. Vishnu, great so great \o/
2. More these Sh(a)it(an)s, now even unevoed version.
3. My 4th fruit dragon, no dupes. Any niche use to fruities?
4. According to PADX comments Awoken Form is great?
5. Ehh, I guess this can have some use in dark team (or not).

1)Better then Liu Dong, good pull
2)MP potions waiting to be used
3)Blue can go on a Skuld team
4)Sure, for Japan since they have this collab monster. For NA/EU, ehhhhhhhhhhh could have pulled worse but it's not A.Shiva level of power that's for sure.
5) Sure, till something better comes along.

razterik

Lakshmi is a great pull, don't dismiss her. Awoken form absolutely smears A.Shiva in terms of damage and stalling potential. Without JP Baggi shield, she's at least on par with him for general use. I will say she is very orb hungry and has a more constrained sub pool. Depends largely on your box which is more worth investment.

Had saved 20 green trifruits in case I pulled a Verdandi. Of course she ends up one shy of max and there's no chance to run Thursday dungeon before the skill change. It's going to be two months before I get another chance since they'll probably switch in Tsubaki/Sumire/Kaede after the next cycle. Rare evo rush coin dungeon is my only option, but I don't need any other drops and nothing freakin' drops without the damn 2x bonus rate. Urgh.

smbu2000

Well I pulled once more on my iPad and I picked up Sun Quan! Very nice. I just wish the water carnival dungeon hadn't just ended on Sunday. Then I could've had a chance to skill him up...
Yeah, that kind of team can go through the dungeon pretty quickly...

https://youtu.be/KVyHLIh0V1s

Ducarmel

Pulled till silver for day 2 for a total of 4, all dupes, no Vishnu or GF exclusives for me today

Gave jp a second shot with 2 pulls, regret the second one I got a second Meimei and should of called it a day.

My one roll got me Ariel. Not a bad pull. Could be a decent option to cover red on a Kirin team, since I like LKali and Ama is going green. Its a bit risky, since there's always the chance to take away a needed color, but with such a short CD it may be worth it.

Though I notice Angel 2.0 still doesn't have skill up mobs, month after release. What's up Gungho?

damisa

I had a lot of stones saved up so I pulled 15 times in NA:
Krishna
Krishna
Water dragon knight
Fire dragon swordsman
Water wizard sharon
Gabriel(dupe)
Tsubaki
Durga
U+Y(dupe)
Water wizard sharon
Verdandi
Rozuel
Basilisk
Shining dargon swordsman
Ruka
Andromeda

Quantum

T
4)Sure, for Japan since they have this collab monster. For NA/EU, ehhhhhhhhhhh could have pulled worse but it's not A.Shiva level of power that's for sure.

Lakshmi is a great pull, don't dismiss her. Awoken form absolutely smears A.Shiva in terms of damage and stalling potential. Without JP Baggi shield, she's at least on par with him for general use. I will say she is very orb hungry and has a more constrained sub pool. Depends largely on your box which is more worth investment.

I love these two comments back to back - I have an awoken lakshmi and feel that my A.Shiva is more consistent and is better able to both stall and team design for a wider range of decends. I think activation of A.Shiva is easier given the REM selection I have and given that there are sub optimal choices for A.Lakshmi

- A.Lakshmi - certainly is a great end game leader, but significantly REM dependent and not what i would consider a great starting lead.

- was actually considering pulling in this godfest because I wanted a stronger A.Lakshmi team and have ultimately decided against it.

Curious to here what REM units would be good with Lakshmi lead?
Archangel Gabriel, Andromeda for the dual orbchange + heartmaking capabilities. The poverty alternative is using Karin and the farmable fish dude to achieve the same. In JP, Baggi gives the team 4/6 turns of shield which is the sole reason she is top tier there.

edit: check out the "diversity" for top 10 in ranking dungeons
http://pad.gungho.jp/member/ranking/001_zeusv_cup_result.html

Kyuur

All golds, no godfest gods!

Double Delgado is super hype, awesome boost for my Verdandi/Osiris balance teams. I think I'm going to try and evo Brachys for a double TPA unit unless I get Parvati or Phact sometime soon.

Wukong is meh, I don't really think I have a team to put him on other than interim heart-maker for Gadius. Not interested in him as a leader either.

U&Y and Isis are good pulls and subs for eachother. I'm a bit short on water pulls (Orochi and Snow White only) but I'll probably work on teams none-the-less. Not sure who to focus on though... A.Isis seems like she is essentially 4.5x with one turn of downtime when you have her max skilled, which honestly won't happen forever.

Kyuur

Next dungeon to have pre-emp skill bind every floor. I guess you could still run it until you don't get binded with 60% though.

J0dy77

Cleared challenge level 8 with Ra this is the farthest I've made it so far. Do you guys have any team recommendations for level 9? Will awoken Shiva team work?

Ra will work the same on Level 9. Just make sure to bring a delay if he starts with Light absorb.

Top Bottom