• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man that feeling when you know you screwed up and lost 50 stamina...and still pull through. Did Keeper of Gold Mythical....killed Keeper of Forest too quick because of skyfall and didnt heal enough. Thought i was done because of the upcominh preemtive...then he showed up...first time ever for me - so good lol.

quickmemo_2015-09-08-44p24.png

btw. Man PaD is kinda boring outside of events - as you clear more and more stuff there isnt much to do outside of events.

I think I always die once on Ares before remembering how to clear Vulcan :lol.

I believe galas are 1.5x or 2x while godfests are 3x. There are also a lot more green stuff boosted compared to pantheons/exclusives.

The idea is to cycle the actives one after another due to the haste addition so you'll want them all skill maxed. Happy jewel/pii hunting!

Yeah Ares is the worst...you need to have a skill ready to take him out in one hit after clearing the hidden board otherwise you are in for a lot of pain xD

Okay having to max skill all of them is probably too much for me- but Meimei as unit herself is very good for Bastet so the team could work out if i dont need to trigger the active every round. I might try Vishnuu + 3 Meimei lol.
It's not worth it, Galas were about 1.5x boost to that element? Last I remember that is. I've seen people say upwards of 2.0x but that seems a bit high.

Systems need everyone to all be max skilled or you'll run out of haste to activate every turn. I know of using a Meimei system with Zuoh or maybe a Leilan system with Ilm.

U&Y will likely not get more awakenings for now. Their first split worked on their awakenings, along with Kushinada-Hime while keeping their leader skills the same. Now it's time for the other three to get better awakening skills while the other two get better leader skills.

Thanks, guess i wont be pulling outside of Godfests - good to know.

Just watched the System video, for the Zuoh team it makes sense to have all of them maxskilled since he needs a all those orbs to activeate his 36x LS. I think with Bastet as a leader you could have a strong team without the need to have them all max skilled and being able to use Bastet actives if there are already enough green orbs on the board.

Oh you are right about U&Y never realized that this was supposed to be his "sub" Uevo because his leaderkill is kinda strong. Really looking forward to his update now....a HP and dmg boosts for water units would be sweet. Same for Kushi...lets see how she will compare to Osiris Uvo and A. Bastet.
I never thought I'd be able to run Sonia Gran multiple times, but I tried it with my Kite team and I was able to clear it multiple times in a row. I'd been holding off on evo'ing my original Sonia Gran (level 50 one in the pic) until I could get more to get the awakenings for her. I picked up 10 of them today. Hopefully I can raise her level a bit once there is a another skill up event.

I used a lot of my light jewels skilling up the Indra I picked up in the last GF which is why I only have 4 now.

Nice...whats your plan for Gran Sonia...just for fun or is she essential for your Kite team ? She has all those OE Awakenings but not sure what she is really used for.

Have you done all the coin dungeons yet? That's another potential stamina sink. Once Kaliseum comes out (unless it's already out in NA and I missed the announcement) it'll be a "good" way to burn stamina.

cw_sasuke

Have you done all the coin dungeons yet? That's another potential stamina sink. Once Kaliseum comes out (unless it's already out in NA and I missed the announcement) it'll be a "good" way to burn stamina.
Actually no I still have a bunch of Coin stages to clear... But they are a bit boring xD

Was talking more about more challenging stuff like new decends or stages you really have to prepare for.

Kaliseum sounds good maybe I should start preparing for that stage. Do you have a link or team suggestions that show which teams can clear it?

I'm not really a fan of these longass dungeons... But if I can work on a team to clear the stage... Might be cool.

Edit:

Lol just checked out the stage.... It just nuts. Over 2p encounters and every enemy has like 4-5 million HP... And the Kalis at the end have 30 million HP. This doesn't sound fun at all.

Not just damage output wise... Being able to handle all the high Def encounters, different attributes, binds and and the bunch of random encounters. Craziness.

Have we heard any news about the co-op mode since they revealed it? I wasn't really feeling it initially, but I'll take anything to shake the game up at this point. Starting to feel really stale lately...

razterik

Not satisfied with the ranking dungeons? Heh.

How long did it take for the rogue dungeons to fail to come out? Six months or more? Not to mention the vs. system which has disappeared since announcement. And probably other things I can't remember.

If they don't mention the co-op during next stream, I'd say it's dead. They aren't very good at implementing significant gameplay features.

Oh yeah, we have another of those ranking dungeons coming up. Fun...

Really hope it isn't dead but the writing is on the wall I guess. They at least released a few details regularly before canning the rogue dungeons. Considering they were hyping it up as being big enough to be considered "P&D 2", we probably would have heard something by now if they were making any progress.

FZZ

Banned
Seems like Uvos are priority and end up fast tracking dungeons for monsters that need the mats

Same thing happened with Egyptian Awokens. I think we got Zeus & Hera later than expected but got the all the Egyptian ults earlier as a result.

razterik

Stats for Spats. Bunch of HP and a little ATK. Awakenings are okay, unbindable is great for her situational active, but the autoheals are holding her back from being good for most teams. Good for dungeons with unavoidable binds, otherwise not super useful. Still cute as a button.

Osiris gets weak stat gains, but a big boost in awakenings. Double TPA and four orb enhance. Sparkles everywhere, good team player sub with a great active.

hermit7

Stats for Spats. Bunch of HP and a little ATK. Awakenings are okay, unbindable is great for her situational active, but the autoheals are holding her back from being good for most teams. Good for dungeons with unavoidable binds, otherwise not super useful. Still cute as a button.

Osiris gets weak stat gains, but a big boost in awakenings. Double TPA and four orb enhance. Sparkles everywhere, good team player sub with a great active.

Well her second ult is all I needed. Great for binds and the rcv boost is helpful too.

Osiris is great, wish I had one, nearly guaranteed sparkles from him alone and at 4 max cool down guarantee a decent burst. Great sub for Bastet.

Damn, was really hoping those autoheals would get changed. They're really just taking up space. A bind clear or TPA instead would have been amazing.

But otherwise she looks good. Nice HP/RCV will give a decent boost to Urd teams. Will definitely make the change when it comes over.

coy

OEsiris with the glitter green! Now to see if the rest of Egyptian 2 will follow a similar path. I'd like to see if GH will try to distinguish Osiris and Nut, being combo leads, from Set, Hathor, and Neph's color playstyle somehow. Maybe less offensive awakenings like TPA for the color leads but defensive awakenings instead like bind resist or SBR.

Osiris looks great - I'm patiently waiting for that green survey dungeon to arrive.

Unbindable Hathor would be sweet but skill lock resist feels worthless since you can probably out-tank most (if not all) skill binds anyway.

coy

Osiris looks great - I'm patiently waiting for that green survey dungeon to arrive.

Unbindable Hathor would be sweet but skill lock resist feels worthless since you can probably out-tank most (if not all) skill binds anyway.
You're probably right about Hathor and her tankiness. If not bind stuff, resist or clear, I'd guess we would see a finger along with the OE. And I know me and you were not treated well with Osiris skillups when the wood cat dragon was here. To have Osiris be up every 4 turns would be a godsend.

mike23

Prepped for the next 2.5x. Hoping to skill up 2 D. Izanami and I figure I'll do one light just because. Shiva Dragon makes farming it nice and easy. I just wish my Yamato was max skilled and we had the new Ares Ult.

Also, Ares's blind resists are awesome in this dungeon.

Rixa

Taken from reddit

Reddit user astalotte said:
Nut has also got an extra TPA and 2 Water OE, similar how Osiris got extra TPA and 2 Wood OE.
Well, Nut also has incredibly huge HP which is good. And 1332 ATK isn't bad for a Physical type.
Unfortunately all she became as a godlike Sarasvati sub, can't think of much else for her right now.

cw_sasuke

OEsiris is an even better Bastet sub now, though i would have preferred SBR or +Skill to even more OE - since damage normally isnt an issue von Green TPA teams.
Sweet - already a Nut Uevo.

She would also be a very good Sumire sub...unless im missing something abouter her Leader Skill.

jay23

Damn, was really hoping those autoheals would get changed. They're really just taking up space. A bind clear or TPA instead would have been amazing.

But otherwise she looks good. Nice HP/RCV will give a decent boost to Urd teams. Will definitely make the change when it comes over.

I wonder if those old awakenings will ever get updated, auto heal and stat boost awakenings seem like a waste compared to everything else.

J0dy77

So since I'm poor but still have an amazing stable of Fire cards, what is the best lead I can pair with Shiva dragon? I'm starting to think that Urd/Shiva Dragon might be my new weekend farm team. Might even be able to do some higher end content with that lineup.

The Red lineup I need to skill up are Urd, uriel, Ares, Leilan plus I have Red valk and Yamato already max skill.

cw_sasuke

After nearly 4 months finally a Tamadra Retreat event that wont be live when im a sleep or working - its been so long gotta check who needs it most first.

Jagernaut

I had nothing better to do so I tried Divine Realm legend + and cleared it for the first time with Awoken Shiva. I almost one shot Zeus Stratios with a 6 combo + Shiva enhance (no skyfalls) and after he bound Yamato I finished him with the orbs on the screen. Extreme Metal King appeared on the 4th floor so that was nice.

Friend Shiva was hypermax, mine is only +55. I need to plus him up ASAP.

Rixa

After nearly 4 months finally a Tamadra Retreat event that wont be live when im a sleep or working - its been so long gotta check who needs it most first.

It was nce surprise when I checked from padguide the time. I can do it few times tho :).

hermit7

Slightly disappointing, but I can't think of a better 4 turn orb changer for a blue TPA team.

Honestly the low cool down and the two prongs make her a good sub on any water team. May not have the best synergy but 4 turns is an amazing active and it guarantees a tpa.

Her stats are also decent as well. Hugh hp and at 288 rcv that is not a liability like most other physical monsters.

Wanted a little boost to her ls so that maybe she would be at 3.5 at 6 but this puts her in the strictly sub category.

smbu2000

I already got the silver buggy cat I wanted from the MH collab. REM. I decided to pull a second time just to see what I get and...I got him again! Hahaha, I'm not sure if I'll have the need for 2 of them since his 6 turn 30% damage reduction lasts so long. Max skilled at 7 turns, he loops himself for an endless 30% damage reduction.

Looking forward to the Osiris and Nut uevos. I have Osiris (x2) and Nut on my iPad. I've almost finished max skilling my Osiris #2 and the others are max skilled thanks to these past two water/wood dungeons. Will make them much more useful.

I wonder effective how an Osiris/Bastet team would be.

A bit disappointed with the Ame no Uzume uevo, but since I just got mine this past GF, I guess I can't be too disappointed by it.
Nice...whats your plan for Gran Sonia...just for fun or is she essential for your Kite team ? She has all those OE Awakenings but not sure what she is really used for.
I don't really have any specific plan for her. She might be useful on my Kite team, those awakenings help with making the 5 color orb match having at least one be enhanced. Kite himself has 1 of each color, with a friend that gives 40% for each color. With her that would boost it up to 60%. Her skill would give a boost to my dragon characters (currently have Vegeta/Vegito/Trunks on the team) and the extra movement time is nice, like with Yomi. I would have to sub somebody out though.

I ended up trying to skill her up during the temporary 2x skill up bonus and only picked up 1 skill up. Getting to 11, looks like it will take forever...At least I got all of her awakenings with the 10 I fed to her. I evo'ed her after that.

I'll probably just leave her on the sideline for now as 20 turns is still quite a long wait for a boost.

Oh yeah, we have another of those ranking dungeons coming up. Fun...

Really hope it isn't dead but the writing is on the wall I guess. They at least released a few details regularly before canning the rogue dungeons. Considering they were hyping it up as being big enough to be considered "P&D 2", we probably would have heard something by now if they were making any progress.
I thought they had already killed it off? Didn't they apologize awhile back and send us 5 stones to compensate use. (JP game) The extra awakenings that were going to be in that mode have taken the form of the latent awakenings that are in use now.

So do you guys think the iPad Pro is gonna revolutionize PAD?
Well it will make it bigger. Other than that, I don't think it will do too much. You could play it with the apple pencil though instead of your finger or a different stylus.

It looks interesting to me, but I don't want the bigger size and I probably wouldn't use the stylus. I'll stick with my iPad Air 2.

cw_sasuke

Had nothing better to do today so i wasted all my stamina on Wednesday Dungeon to get a couple green Divine Masks since i didnt have any left.
300 stamina later...0 Green Masks lol. Completly forgot how difficult it can be to get a specific colored of these masks once you run out.

Which normal or technical stage would be the best to get these Masks ?
It was nce surprise when I checked from padguide the time. I can do it few times tho :).
Yeah finally...will do nothing else but Tama tomorrow - i really need them.

Nightfall of Discord
[Duration]: 9/11 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 9/20 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PDT)
A sense of chaos and mayhem looms heavy in the air as a most discordant nightfall descends! Will you be able to stave off the bedlam and emerge a victor? Stay vigilant!
■① Daily Login Bonuses
9/11 - 9/20 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.
■②Looming Chaos
A new Ultimate Rush has arrived. We’re excited to introduce the Ultimate Yamato Rush! Step into the arena and emerge victorious if you dare...
9/13 - 9/14 - Ultimate Dragon Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear at 1.5x rates!*
9/15 - 9/16 - Ultimate Hera Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear at 1.5x rates!*
9/17 - 9/18 - Ultimate God Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear at 1.5x rates!*
9/19 - 9/20 - Ultimate Yamato Rush! (NEW!) *Spirit Jewels invades may appear at 1.5x rates!*
■③ Blackening Darkness
Dual special dungeons provide potential Skill-ups in the form of Charming Temptress, Wicked Lady and Dark Sprite, Cattleya! Another round of Challenge Dungeons is included as well!
9/11 - 9/13 - Gleaming Dragon
9/18 - 9/20 - Shadow Sprite
9/11 - 9/20 - Challenge Dungeons!
■④ Gift From the Holy Beasts
What’s the point of receiving a gift without a good challenge?
9/17 - 9/20 - Gift From the Holy Beasts
■⑤ Special Event Content
These heavenly beasts have come for a worthy adversary
9/11 - 9/13 - ????????????
■⑥ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Spirit Jewels are active from 9/11 to 9/20!
See here for details:
9/11 - Sphinx Descended!
9/12 - Zhou Yu!!
9/13 - Aamir Descended!
9/14 - Zeus Vulcan Descended!
9/14 - Draggie!
9/15 - Thoth & Sopdet Descended!
9/16 - The Thief Descended!
9/16 - Dark Knight!
9/17 - Noah Descended!
9/18 - Cauchemar Descended!
9/18 - Diagoldos Descended!
9/19 - Wadatsumi Descended!
9/19 - Dragon Zombie
9/20 - Satan Descended!
9/20 - Gaia Descended!
■⑦ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
9/11 - 9/20 - Rare Evo Materials
Dungeon Bonus:
3x chance for +Eggs to appear in Normal Dungeons [Extends until 9/21 (Mon), 12:00 PM PDT]
Fusion Bonus:
2x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x Skill Up rate
stop giving us shadow sprite every month, ffs

I want Andromeda skillups :(

yami4ct

New Biweeekly Dragon series announcement is nice. Hopefully that means we'll be back to normal in terms of added dungeon content. The focus purely on Awokens and MP Monsters has brought some cool stuff, but now I'm just eager for more content.

Is Zhou Yu pronounced like 'show you'?

My familiarity with Chinese (Mandarin?) letter/phoneme sounds is non-existent.

Wouldn't Zhou be pronounced more like 'Joe'. This is just me extrapolating from the fact that I'm pretty sure Zhuge Liang is something like 'Jewga Lee-ang'.

The irony of rolling two gold on a collab gacha when all I want is a silver is not lost on me, GungHo
Same. Did 5 rolls and got 2 golds and no Baggi. And of course the two golds were a dupe of one of the early trash cards...

So do you guys think the iPad Pro is gonna revolutionize PAD?
Doubt it's going to do much. My speed drops a lot when I'm playing on tablet, stylus or not, and the extra viewing space and precision you get doesn't make up for that. It gets especially bad on the new 7x6 boards.

I thought they had already killed it off? Didn't they apologize awhile back and send us 5 stones to compensate use. (JP game) The extra awakenings that were going to be in that mode have taken the form of the latent awakenings that are in use now.
That was for the rogue dungeons. It's been over three months and they haven't mentioned anything about the co-op.

Had nothing better to do today so i wasted all my stamina on Wednesday Dungeon to get a couple green Divine Masks since i didnt have any left.
300 stamina later...0 Green Masks lol. Completly forgot how difficult it can be to get a specific colored of these masks once you run out.

Which normal or technical stage would be the best to get these Masks ?
Yeah finally...will do nothing else but Tama tomorrow - i really need them.
T5 normal dungeons (Hyperion Lava Flow through Clayus Prison). Though based on my personal experience, you might have trouble there too. I don't usually have too much trouble farming demon or mystic masks from normal dungeons, but divine masks are always a pain. Wednesday dungeon isn't great, but it's still better than anywhere else for me.

Kyuur

Not going to lie, was hoping for free Tamas. Stones more efficient yadayada but I hate evolving baby tamas.

Forgot to post last godfest I think, but I seem to have suddenly found myself with a semi-decent water team. Need to evolve and awaken but here's the current idea:

Hpbjd8s.png

W/W Orochi until Awoken comes out. 21k HP without plusses, theoretical 33k~ maximum tanking ability with plusses and Isis active. Delay, orb changers and haste. Lots of TPA, two unbindable and bind clear, decent RCV. Just fell into my hands randomly!

Is Zhou Yu pronounced like 'show you'?

My familiarity with Chinese (Mandarin?) letter/phoneme sounds is non-existent.

New Biweeekly Dragon series announcement is nice. Hopefully that means we'll be back to normal in terms of added dungeon content. The focus purely on Awokens and MP Monsters has brought some cool stuff, but now I'm just eager for more content.

Wouldn't Zhou be pronounced more like 'Joe'. This is just me extrapolating from the fact that I'm pretty sure Zhuge Liang is something like 'Jewga Lee-ang'.

zh in Mandarin kinda sounds like a j but not quite

https://youtu.be/z6DMOg0Mdbk?t=4m8s

linsivvi

God dammit no guan yinping. She is all I need for awoken Lelian.

Aside from that the 3x normals will be good hopefully I will be able to finish plussed shiva and potentially hino.

The ??? dungeon seems to be Sha Wujing & Zhu Bajie Descended since it said "These heavenly beasts have come for a worthy adversary" and the dungeon is called Heavenly Mystics. The dungeon can drop Guan Yinping or coin on that floor.

hermit7

The ??? dungeon seems to be Sha Wujing & Zhu Bajie Descended since it said "These heavenly beasts have come for a worthy adversary" and the dungeon is called Heavenly Mystics. The dungeon can drop Guan Yinping or coin on that floor.

I hadn't looked at the dungeon so I was not aware that she could drop.

Will probably farm one. Maybe I will be able to awaken a Karin as well.

Hope descended carnival comes so I can get xuanzang for haku.

razterik

Not going to lie, was hoping for free Tamas. Stones more efficient yadayada but I hate evolving baby tamas.

Death to you and your kind! Tamadra Retreat is tomorrow and comes every other week (or more?). Just feed the babies and be freeeeee.

Glad A.Karin is coming soon, assuming along with Vishnu, Rodin, yanDIza. Maybe Ares, but I doubt it.

Not sure if I'll farm Batman for Arkham Knights without 2.5x skill up rates. Got enough dark piis if I need them and I rarely use him anyway. Will try to grab a couple +297 holders during 3x. And I get to enjoy everyone ranting about Yamato Rush -- it's terrible.

No coin dungeon updates. :(

Top Bottom