• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

hermit7

You don't evolve them...

Just throw as many stones as you want and feed them raw.

Yummy.

I need like 30 tamas for all my evolved monsters that need to be awaken. Gadius, Zuoh, sumire, meimei, Artemis, finishing hades, haku, Artemis, beach pandora, and chibi valk.

I am going to probably focus on Zuoh and meimei so because they are both max or near max leveled and if I have extras awaken Gadius and hades.

Epic Drop

And I get to enjoy everyone ranting about Yamato Rush -- it's terrible.

I just looked over the dungeon on pdx and it looks f-ing impossible. Its like everything and the kitchen sink thrown into a dungeon, topped off with tricky perseverance on three of the encounters and a big preemptive hit at the end.

Don't even know if I'll be wasting my stamina on it. Might be the first thing my Shiva team can't handle... I need to farm plus eggs and Hermes skill ups anyway.

yami4ct

The thing I don't like about Yamato Rush (and most of the rushes for that matter) is that there's no real reason to run it. There's nothing there that you can't get easier elsewhere. There's no real reward for braving that difficulty except for the bragging rights that you did it. If it dropped Ult Evolved Goemons or something crazy like that, I'd understand.

razterik

Once upon a time, it was the only way to get Tengu outside his own dungeon. And it was the closest thing to Descend Carnival until that was created.

But it's horribly unfair to run. Good luck.

yami4ct

I would love for Nep to become a good Yomi sub. A. Yomi seems really cool, but my sub pool for her sucks. I have no Haku, Panda, Zuo, Hanzo, etc. Would give me a decent reason to use Yomi and take Nep out of cold storage.

mike23

5/17 on my first D.Izanami that had 2 skillups from a while ago

7/(36-40) on my second. I fed my last 5 non-plus Izanimi for the last level so the actual rate is somewhere in there. Had 3 0/5 feeds in the middle. I was getting worried. Still have 8 with pluses on them.

6/36 on my Light Izanami. I still have 6 with pluses on them, but I probably won't waste the plus eggs on her. Not sure yet though.

Does light Izanami have a place on any teams?

coy

Beat God Rush on first try! I had Satan on FL4 so that helped a lot. The only dungeon to give me difficulty was Zeus Dios as I was unaware of the damage on the FL2 Griffin. Parvati doing work once again on every Zeus.

The event sounds good. Or rather, the free stones and 3x rate sounds good. I'll be going for jewels in anticipation of the upcoming evolutions and trying to acquire two more +297 monsters. I may start stacking my Yomi team and plus her and Haku if I don't pull during the godfest and get something good.

coy

I have trouble using my Parvati for those dungeons. I suck at getting 5 hearts + 6 combos. (I suck at combos in general.)
I get boned every now and then. I had a 5-heart combo on Zeus Stratios during God Rush, but only a 5-combo so he got lots of health back. Full board changers are the easy solution. Barring that, I spend much longer looking at my path, say a half a minute, when normally I scan for anything decent then go. If possible, I try to fill the sides or corners with the heart matches. I've also been doing more 6-heart matches stacking them 3x2 or 2x3. It's a different playstyle that I am growing more fond of each week.

zoku88

I get boned every now and then. I had a 5-heart combo on Zeus Stratios during God Rush, but only a 5-combo so he got lots of health back. Full board changers are the easy solution. Barring that, I spend much longer looking at my path, say a half a minute, when normally I scan for anything decent then go. If possible, I try to fill the sides or corners with the heart matches. I've also been doing more 6-heart matches stacking them 3x2 or 2x3. It's a different playstyle that I am growing more fond of each week.

Yea, maybe I'll try again with her later. What was your team, btw?

jay23

I think I'll roll a couple of times day 1. I don't have any of the hero gods and only own hino out of the Japanese pantheon.

linsivvi

The thing I don't like about Yamato Rush (and most of the rushes for that matter) is that there's no real reason to run it. There's nothing there that you can't get easier elsewhere. There's no real reward for braving that difficulty except for the bragging rights that you did it. If it dropped Ult Evolved Goemons or something crazy like that, I'd understand.

Well they do drop evolved bosses half of the time, which saves a lot of stamina and mats for some subs, like Zaerog∞ and Zeus & Hera, especially the former.

I need like 30 tamas for all my evolved monsters that need to be awaken. Gadius, Zuoh, sumire, meimei, Artemis, finishing hades, haku, Artemis, beach pandora, and chibi valk.

I am going to probably focus on Zuoh and meimei so because they are both max or near max leveled and if I have extras awaken Gadius and hades.

Unless you're very unlucky, you should get that in about 20-25 runs and just feed the babies. If you have 200 stamina that's like 4 stones max.

coy

Yea, maybe I'll try again with her later. What was your team, btw?

Parvati/Verdandi/Liu Bei/G.Valk/Kushinada

Parv + friend, Verdandi, and Liu Bei +297 and Kushi, Bei, and my Parvati one from max skill. If I can take a hit, I can recover the HP. If I ever get Perseus, Michael, or Vishnu, they'd replace Valk.

Edit: Oh, godfest info up. Day 1 looking good to roll plus the Sonias and Kalis in the mix. Will have 60 stones by then for some Heroes love.

jay23

Not sure if I should blow my full load, doesn't Japan have some featured monsters during godfest now? Is that something worth saving stones for if I want to roll d.Kali?

Edit: I was trying to remember what it was after some searching I'm thinking about the Murako collection? Jp had x4 chance of rolling Dark Kali, Light Kali, Red Odin, and Red Sonia.

Not sure if something like that will ever make it to NA.

hermit7

Well they do drop evolved bosses half of the time, which saves a lot of stamina and mats for some subs, like Zaerog∞ and Zeus & Hera, especially the former.

Unless you're very unlucky, you should get that in about 20-25 runs and just feed the babies. If you have 200 stamina that's like 4 stones max.

I am not too worried about a few of them, Artemis has a while before she comes around and Valk still needs to be skilled even so they can be on the backburner.

Was going to use a couple stones on retreat tomorrow and have about 10 runs or so probably.

Vishnu is being released tomorrow in EU, hopefully that means tomorrow for NA as well.

Rixa

Vishnu is being released tomorrow in EU, hopefully that means tomorrow for NA as well.

Oh wow, this is great news. With uevo Vishnu my Green team is finally 100% RSB (when I have the Tamas, running TR few times today).

- Verd
- GR Gilliam
- Vishnu
- ADKZ (near future replacing it with WHI Chu Chu)
- GZL
- Friend Verd

^^ Someday I can start to try few descends :).

zoku88

Parvati/Verdandi/Liu Bei/G.Valk/Kushinada

Parv + friend, Verdandi, and Liu Bei +297 and Kushi, Bei, and my Parvati one from max skill. If I can take a hit, I can recover the HP. If I ever get Perseus, Michael, or Vishnu, they'd replace Valk.

Edit: Oh, godfest info up. Day 1 looking good to roll plus the Sonias and Kalis in the mix. Will have 60 stones by then for some Heroes love.

My current team is Par / Liu Bei/ Vishnu / GZL (replace by D Iza for Rush) / Perseus

I current lack a full board green changer :(

And yea, finally Vishnu uevo. I already gave him the tama's for his uevo.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Vishnuuu.....finally, still need to get a Dub-emelit for him though.

Was looking forward to Yamato Rush...but 2 Perseverance fire bosses at the end is bad news for my Bastet team -.-

@Godfest
Not too interested tbh.... Getting Osiris on day 2 would be cool though.

razterik

JP event: http://pad.gungho.jp/member/150910_and3rd.html

10x Descended is back. Looks like it's a normal thing now. Also 3x normals and new 1.5x plus egg rate on Star Vault. 10x still better in many cases, but Star Vault is fast enough to give some value now. Random 1.5x rank exp back for some dungeons. And 2.5x skill ups and exp boost seems to be almost standard? Don't remember the last 2x event rate.

Maybe roll day 2 a few times for Bastet again. Want Dark Kali, but don't like my odds that day. No more 3k or Sengoku needed.

Vishnu and A.Karin live now in NA.
Rodin and Izanami...

Rixa

Vishnu and A.Karin live now in NA.
Rodin and Izanami...

\o_

Screenshot_2015-09-10-10-30-41.png
Screenshot_2015-09-10-10-31-05.png
Screenshot_2015-09-10-10-31-25.png

scottnak

Yahoo!! Sonia Gran Clear!
Slowly able to knock down these harder quests now! Feelin' good.

Also cleared 3/4 of the mythicals for the Zeus Challenge (God of Judgement. Grrr.......)

cw_sasuke

Based Vishnuuu - replacing Liu Bei in my Bastet team now.

Challenge Dungeon 12 looks good...as in Woodpy on lvl 8 and another Snowglobe Dragon - nice. Will probably pass on Lvl 10 this time...seems to be too much work for a Pii i dont really need... doesnt help that you have to eat two preemptive from Zeus-Dios and DQ Hera on the final 2 stages.

If i had Awoken Susanoo or regular Susanoo skilled/leveld maybe...but not like this.

PS. Was missing a Dub-emelit to evolve Vishnuu - so i did the current Coin Dungeons and hoped for a drop. Got the Dub-emelit as well as a Woodpy drop during my runs...nice.

Even more reason for Tama Retreat later xD

Rixa

Yup, I did run it once with my EU alt, cause I never tested it. Bringin one poisoner unit for that last wave is good choice for me, just stall enough in first wave, then steamroll forward.
Alt had ok run 2 Tamas & 2 Baby Tamas (which I did evo).

cw_sasuke

Yup, I did run it once with my EU alt, cause I never tested it. Bringin one poisoner unit for that last wave is good choice for me, just stall enough in first wave, then steamroll forward.
Alt had ok run 2 Tamas & 2 Baby Tamas (which I did evo).

Heh...yeah normally i used to stall for like 10 tuns or so on stage 1 and use Shivas skill to drop the defense to 0 for the whole stage. This time i will give Rodin and Ra a shot. - should be able to clear the stage a bit faster that way.

Will probably spend 2 stones on stamina this time...just in case i have to wait another 3-4 months after this one lol.

PS: Guess you will go for King of the Gods this weekend ;-)

Rixa

Heh...yeah normally i used to stall for like 10 tuns or so on stage 1 and use Shivas skill to drop the defense to 0 for the whole stage. This time i will give Rodin and Ra a shot. - should be able to clear the stage a bit faster that way.

Will probably spend 2 stones on stamina this time...just in case i have to wait another 3-4 months after this one lol.

PS: Guess you will go for King of the Gods this weekend ;-)

It was in my mind too that what If I loan Shiva friend, well I could do that as backup, poisoner + Shiva. Dont want to mess with this dungeon, I have materials to evo 3 Baby Tamas, so I wont feed BTamas to units and hope for best.

My STA max is 96 and when event starts its 96/96, I have about 3000 exp to rank increase, if everything goes ok I should be able to do 4 runs without stoning.

Iam not sure if I do KoG on weekend, going to little business trip to another country and dunno how much I can use hotel Wlan. Atleast I will try to login daily.

Jagernaut

Quick question, if you use King Mastering's skill in a no rcv dungeon what happens? Does the reshuffled board obey the rules of the dungeon (no hearts)?

I don't have any Kali's but I do have a max skilled King Mastering that I could use on a Ra team to get rid of jammers and poison.

Quick question, if you use King Mastering's skill in a no rcv dungeon what happens? Does the reshuffled board obey the rules of the dungeon (no hearts)?

I don't have any Kali's but I do have a max skilled King Mastering that I could use on a Ra team to get rid of jammers and poison.
Yes, same as if you use it in a tricolor dungeon.

Kyuur

Yay Vishnu uvo! I have so many monsters to work on.

Death to you and your kind! Tamadra Retreat is tomorrow and comes every other week (or more?). Just feed the babies and be freeeeee.

You don't evolve them...

Just throw as many stones as you want and feed them raw.

Yummy.

Feels so risky though. I only get 1 run per full Stamina, so I could spend a stone, only get 2 or 3 baby tamas and no awakens. :/

coy

I'm jelly over here of all the Vishnu owners. Soon...

My current team is Par / Liu Bei/ Vishnu / GZL (replace by D Iza for Rush) / Perseus

I current lack a full board green changer :(

And yea, finally Vishnu uevo. I already gave him the tama's for his uevo.

Replace GZL with Verdandi and that is the team I am shooting for. Plus, with your GZL at the ready, you can have a 100% SBR team. Here's hoping Verdandi comes to you.

Based Vishnuuu - replacing Liu Bei in my Bastet team now.

Challenge Dungeon 12 looks good...as in Woodpy on lvl 8 and another Snowglobe Dragon - nice. Will probably pass on Lvl 10 this time...seems to be too much work for a Pii i dont really need... doesnt help that you have to eat two preemptive from Zeus-Dios and DQ Hera on the final 2 stages.

If i had Awoken Susanoo or regular Susanoo skilled/leveld maybe...but not like this.

PS. Was missing a Dub-emelit to evolve Vishnuu - so i did the current Coin Dungeons and hoped for a drop. Got the Dub-emelit as well as a Woodpy drop during my runs...nice.

Man, woodpy and the dub you needed. That is great to hear! I'm also glad you can gather some tamas. I have to take an "extended bathroom break" as the dungeon is during work hours but an hour before lunch.

Finally took down God of seaways in Zeus challenge so that completed today, and now since I don't REALlY need any trifruits, I want to farm ocean demon for cao cao skill ups

With today not having any increased drop time, what dungeon should I tackle for those firion skill ups? I was thinking the top 15 stamina but I wanted to make sure before I just wasted a bunch of stamina. Either way I'm not a killing up until tomorrow, when we go back to increased skill up rates.

Kyuur

Is Cleopatra (material for A.Isis) a coin dungeon rotation? I've seen some comments that they will (are?) being moved to technicals but can't find anything official or on PADX.

Jagernaut

Is Cleopatra (material for A.Isis) a coin dungeon rotation? I've seen some comments that they will (are?) being moved to technicals but can't find anything official or on PADX.

It's a permanent tech dungeon after Ancient Dragons and Samurai Dragons.

hermit7

Needed a bunch of Tamas so used 4 stones on retreat.

Only got 19 awakenings in total over around 50 tamas.

6 of those were regular tamadra so around 25% baby awakening rate. Wish I could have gotten more but alas that is RNG for you.

Was able to Uevo Vishnu and finish him so he is maxxed out (except for plusses) he is going to be a powerhouse with his triple tpa.

Quantum

Needed a bunch of Tamas so used 4 stones on retreat.

Only got 19 awakenings in total over around 50 tamas.

6 of those were regular tamadra so around 25% baby awakening rate. Wish I could have gotten more but alas that is RNG for you.

Was able to Uevo Vishnu and finish him so he is maxxed out (except for plusses) he is going to be a powerhouse with his triple tpa.

that is a pretty good rate considering there is no 2X right now.

I think baby tamas without an event running my awakening rate is ~20%, with 40% of so on 2x - although I think that might be my own personal rates.

- I skipped running retreat, I concentrated in evo'ing shiva dragon, should make for fun "+" egg farming
- instead of retreat I stoned a few times for the coin dungeon to see if I could repeat my previous flampy luck - turns out I could not - didn't even see a flampy over about 900 stamina.

oh well. Skilling shiva dragon is going to be a nightmare.

hermit7

that is a pretty good rate considering there is no 2X right now.

I think baby tamas without an event running my awakening rate is ~20%, with 40% of so on 2x - although I think that might be my own personal rates.

- I skipped running retreat, I concentrated in evo'ing shiva dragon, should make for fun "+" egg farming
- instead of retreat I stoned a few times for the coin dungeon to see if I could repeat my previous flampy luck - turns out I could not - didn't even see a flampy over about 900 stamina.

oh well. Skilling shiva dragon is going to be a nightmare.

Do they have 2x awakenings ever?

I did not know that, I thought the rate was always the same.

Quantum

Do they have 2x awakenings ever?

I did not know that, I thought the rate was always the same.

I think the rate is doubled during events - again, I don't know this for fact, but my rates tend to be much higher during increased skill up events.

(so much so I don't feed on off events and my rates are generally 35-45%)

edit: from a brief search it looks like they are NOT affected by rates - so it might just be my own RNG bias

Top Bottom