• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Kyuur

It's listed there, "Domain of the War Dragons"

Oh, I see. It's under the regular 'dungeons' page but not the 'technical dungeons' sub page. Thanks!

Edit: Wow, these dungeons have some good skill up material. I'll be able to skill up my Yamato I guess!

mike23

Did I miss an announcement? When did Domain of the War Dragons officially become a technical dungeon. I just noticed it this morning in the tech list

Once Verdandi gets her Uvo my green team is gonna be even better.
qkDtbq5.png
For now it's just skilling up and saving my stones for that ever elusive Bastet.

zoku88

I should really finish out the tech dungeons sometime. I don't even see those dungeons yet. I need to skill my Sun Quan sometime.

razterik

Latent Tama is way worse than the present dragon. And the MP is nice, but lacks the plus eggs that the Tamadras came with. Eh.

This change in rewards for Challenge Dungeons is much sooner than JP switched. Of course our dungeons are pretty far behind now.

Quantum

- agreed, I'm sad to see the noel not part of the rewards, but I'm happy that we are now getting newer rewards.

- I hate the arbitrary stuff, and wish that we actually knew what was coming up next instead of constantly finding out hours before.

hermit7

- agreed, I'm sad to see the noel not part of the rewards, but I'm happy that we are now getting newer rewards.

- I hate the arbitrary stuff, and wish that we actually knew what was coming up next instead of constantly finding out hours before.

Yeah I looked earlier today and thought we were getting a dark Noel which I was happy about.

Latent tamas are alright but I don't think they are as useful as people are making them out to be. Especially extend time which adds what .05 seconds?

Quantum

Yeah I looked earlier today and thought we were getting a dark Noel which I was happy about.

Latent tamas are alright but I don't think they are as useful as people are making them out to be. Especially extend time which adds what .05 seconds?

the only ones I can see being useful is to prevent death against 100% gravity or possibly to decrease hera's hit on rush - other than that I don't see them benefiting any team unless every member has them equipped which is currently prohibitively expensive.

even the protection is 1% per awakening correct? while 25% permanent dark damage reduction sounds nice, that is every member of your team with 5 awakenings, the cost is pretty dear - and you would only be doing it for one team.

that being said - they are a cool new feature, just wish they actually changed the game a little.

mike23

Praise Vishnu

I'm sitting on 6 wood piis. I haven't decided if I'm ready to commit. Should I do 4 on Meimei, 2 on Bastet? Wood Orbs seem pointless to farm. 50 stamina * 4 average at 2.5x = 200 stamina. I've seen numbers around 1 pii per 2k stamina, so the invade rate would have to be >10% for orbs to make sense.

I'm also not sure if this is the best team I can make. I have:
GValk (max skilled)
Verdandi (max skilled)
Sasuke (max skilled)

Some Liu Bei
Artemis
Perseus
Second Meimei

edit: much better second run

razterik

As much as I like A.MeiMei there, I tend to lean towards Verdandi since all her orbs are useful in some form. She might get even better with her ultimate. Perseus is practically required for skill bind resist, so he's great for the final slot.

hermit7

As much as I like A.MeiMei there, I tend to lean towards Verdandi since all her orbs are useful in some form. She might get even better with her ultimate. Perseus is practically required for skill bind resist, so he's great for the final slot.

He is already at 100 percent skill bind resist with his current team. Honestly the only thing lacking is bind recovery but that is easily fixed by switching out Osiris, and that can be planned for before the dungeon.

This is pretty much the exact team that I would run with Bastet, maybe sub out one of the Vishnu if needed for verd of meimei.

I am higher on meimei than verd but we will see what verd's ult brings before I make any definite decisions.

razterik

Ah, you're right, of course. Always forget Bastet carries her own skill bind resist, a consequence of barely using mine since I lacked proper subs until recently.

Still like Verd over Mei. Osiris is just dandy though, especially with his ultimate. If you need bind clear, A.Amaterasu is probably a good choice if you have her.

As for piis vs jewel skill ups, I can never make up my mind. Pii farming is terrible and exhausting, but ultimately more rewarding than spamming a crap Descend over and over. Rush dungeons on 1.5x are actually a pretty decent source of orbs if you can clear nearly 100% of the time, but following the invade schedule is quite annoying.

Basically there's no good answer, pick the one that is least likely to irritate you.

smbu2000

Babies can be hit or miss for me. The other day I fed 8 babies to my shiva (iPad) and got 0 awakenings...I also fed 7 to my Zuoh (#2 on iPhone) and got all 5 of his awakenings.

Rolled in the new GF and got. GFE on both of my accounts!
I picked up Tsubaki on my iPhone. Looks like she could be useful as a fire/light God/dragon on either my Vegito team or possibly Kite team. She spawns 3 fire and 3 light orbs and reduces everyone else's cooldown by 1 turn. (7 turns at max skill) I wonder when her skill up card will come back around,red dragonfruit. Now I need them for her, ronia and urd...

I picked up a second Satsuki on my iPad. I just picked up my first one in the last GF and spent last Friday skills get her up. Now I have to do it again, aiming for Devilits. At least last time I was skilling up both her and Kanna, so I needed both Angelits and Devilits. It might be tougher this time around.

I was able to max skill my A.Leilan with only 1 red jewel! I had used 10 previously to get her to level 4 and got the last one today. Nice!

coy

Had lots of stamina to burn so I decided to go straight to C8 to try for the woodpy. I am quite tired after a long day and night but still was able to clear it convincingly with a Ra team. Now Parvati is max skilled! Onto Bastet or Meimei as next choices.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wow this Challenge Dungeon is a disappointment to be honest. Just cleared stage 8 for Woodpy and the first 1-3 for the stone.

Thought we were getting 2/3 Million exp Snowglobe instead we get a useless Latent Awakening...0.05s time extend ? Who cares. Also not a fan of the PreDRA instead of Tamadra +9. Overall usefulness > MP Shop usefulness.

Speaking of Tamadra, had something come up yesterday so i was only able to do 2 runs of Tama Retreat in the last couple minutes, which kinda sucks.

Challenge Dungeon i will clear stage 6 and 7 the upcoming days if i have time for the Dark/Light Piis - likely wont bother with the rest this.

Edit:

Also whats up with them releasing always the same kind of survey dungeons ? Wish they would distribute them more evenly.
My STA max is 96 and when event starts its 96/96, I have about 3000 exp to rank increase, if everything goes ok I should be able to do 4 runs without stoning.

Iam not sure if I do KoG on weekend, going to little business trip to another country and dunno how much I can use hotel Wlan. Atleast I will try to login daily.
So did you manage to get enough Awakenings for Vishnu ?

Hope you have a nice trip this weekend - even if you miss your daily login heh.
Man, woodpy and the dub you needed. That is great to hear! I'm also glad you can gather some tamas. I have to take an "extended bathroom break" as the dungeon is during work hours but an hour before lunch.

Hehe yeah that was indeed the lucky run...even more glad that the current Woodpy from Challenge Dungeon isnt another Lvl 9 or 10 stage this time were you need to stone for success.

Sadly i had less time than hope for the Tama Retreat run - well there is always a next time.

Meimei is a lot better than Verdandi imo. Verdandi is only better than Meimei if you have no other Heartmaker and need to heal back asap in a dungeon after taking some mayor dmg/prep for a preemptive.

Awakenings (finger+2TPA
Active (cooldown reduction)
Stats (Meimei is a mayor dmg dealer in addition to the whole board change active)

Verdandi is a Top Bastet sub, but Meimei improves the whole team/gameplay more outside of her active. Also in my experience Meimei actives doesnt troll you as much as Verdandi when it comes to orbs.

Uvo Verdandi will probably close the gap a bit with her Awakenings but i doubt they will make her better than an Awoken Card this early.

Edit:

Then again....if you have 2 Vishnuu on your team you probably wont need the extra dmg that Meimei can bring to the table and Verdandi might be better. Also if you run Liu Bei, Awoken Susanoo etc. with the Verdandi red orbs and enough combos you can dish out quite some fire dmg.

So yeah they are both great and which is better probably depends on the stage and your other subs.
Praise Vishnu

I'm sitting on 6 wood piis. I haven't decided if I'm ready to commit. Should I do 4 on Meimei, 2 on Bastet? Wood Orbs seem pointless to farm. 50 stamina * 4 average at 2.5x = 200 stamina. I've seen numbers around 1 pii per 2k stamina, so the invade rate would have to be >10% for orbs to make sense.

I'm also not sure if this i
GValk (max skilled)s the best team I can make. I have:
Verdandi (max skilled)
Sasuke (max skilled)

Some Liu Bei
Artemis
Perseus
Second Meimei

edit: much better second run

Just wow - dont you also have a perfect Awoken Ra team ? Thats pretty much the perfect Bastet team, talk about luck. Congrats on the clears...yeah Vishnuuu is great.

Jagernaut

I don't think there is any difference between any of the tricolor board actives, they can all troll you with only 3 orbs of the color you want (small chance). Awoken Meimei has good stats and awakenings but the light and dark orbs from her active are useless. With Verdandi you can do some decent damage with the fire orbs and heal up too.

cw_sasuke

I don't think there is any difference between any of the tricolor board actives, they can all troll you with only 3 orbs of the color you want (small chance). Awoken Meimei has good stats and awakenings but the light and dark orbs from her active are useless. With Verdandi you can do some decent damage with the fire orbs and heal up too.

Yup, i know...just from my own experience Meimei board are less troll heavy than Verdandi. Same for the usefulness of the actives...at the end of the day if you have a couple of green orbs you will OHKO most bosses with a strong team...so its tough to care about other dmg since it rarely make a different on a Mono green team (at least so far). Also Meimei alone hits way harder than Verdandi and can be used as a damage dealer on Bastet teams, diffrence between Meimei hitting for nearly 3 million while Verdandi hit for 2 million is a big difference.

Same for HP - pretty much every good combo with 3 hearts will be enough to heal yourself to max with a +egged team and good subs.

But as said its just my experience for using Hypermaxxed Meimei and Verdandis...unless you need that emergency heal and dont have Perseus Meimei is superior for me and makes sure i can OHKO most enemies even with lower combos.

Verdandi Uevo with a 2nd TPA and Finger though would probably make me prefer her again xD

Edit:

With 2 Vishnuu i would probably also prefer Verdandi though...because you dont really need more Firepower so an emergency heal + burst is probably more attractive. In often run Meimei and Verdandi in my team so Meimei is more of a main damage dealer on my squad.

Verdandis active + Perseus also means you can unbind yourself if Perseus isnt bound.

Huge downgrade on the Challenge dungeon rewards. I need those snowglobes to level my characters :(

So true ...

linsivvi

That >200K damage shield from challenge 7 is so annoying. Lost 3 times before I could clear it because I either hit too hard or too little.

cw_sasuke

I think I'm going to give up on Zeus Mercury challenge. What a bullshit dungeon I hate it so much.
Are you using Bastet? If you bring along Echidna for Kraken and one more unit to unbind for Apollo you should be able to clear the stage.

I was reading too fast and read this as drug dealer
lol... Now I can't get the image out of my head.. Meimei the certified drug dealer lol.

Negator

I was going in with my Skuld team. First time I got to Zeus and I got a bullshit skyfall chain that took him way below where I wanted him, then he did his combo thing and I got trolled by Skuld's active and couldn't combo high enough to kill him. Next couple of times I died to Apollo because lol bindd and no hearts. Brought Midgard for Apollo and got heart orb trolled on Zeus and died. Just a bunch of stuff I don't think I am able to deal with at my skill level.

razterik

What's on your Skuld team? Or PADherder link? If you're set on using her and have a few orb changing subs, you can always try pairing with A.Neptune for his dark/light resist or Blue Odin for his enhance/HP boost. Both should increase your survivability at expense of the board change and a slight damage reduction.

Or A.Lakshmi for more power and similar healing, but she is immune to green bind.

jay23

Thought we were getting 2/3 Million exp Snowglobe instead we get a useless Latent Awakening...0.05s time extend ? Who cares. Also not a fan of the PreDRA instead of Tamadra +9. Overall usefulness > MP Shop usefulness.

Look at it this way 100 more challenges and we'll finally be able to afford something good from the mp shop...

Kyuur

Sphinx get!

Now just need to finish Samurai Dragons (luckily the trifruits help me cover all elements, wasn't expecting that curveball) and wait for Medjedra to come back. I should be able to take on Mythical now with either 2x Delgado or if I manage to uvo and awaken my Vishnu by then.

Unless anyone knows if he'll drop from challenge dungeons?

Rixa

Yup Vishnu is max awoken. Also I have 3 babies ready for Chu Chu when ever I get babies evolved. Hotel wlan works fine so I should be able to log daily, greetings from Spain ;).

smbu2000

Latent awakenings are pretty helpful when you have enough of them. I have dark damage reduction latent awakenings on both my Ra and LKali. I was able to survive Hera's attack on Queen's Banquet without using a damage reducer. I don't remember if my friend also had dark damage reduction awakenings.

Pulled again and got a Satsuki on my iPhone too! Very nice. I used all of the devlits I had about 15 or so and farmed about 10 more from the Friday dungeon and I was able to max skill her. Change poison and water orbs to dark and reduce others cooldown by 1 turn every 7 turns is very nice. 3 TPAs and skill bind resist/skill boost is also helpful.

Since I have 2 of them on my iPad, I can run a pretty decent farm team with them. 1.5x RCV for dragon types and 3.5x ATK for attacker types is nice. Paired with another Satsuki gives me unconditional 12.25x ATK and 2.25x RCV. Most of my Vegito team is Dragon/Attacker. I'm thinking Satsuki/Vegeta/Vegeta/Vegito/Trunks would be okay. All of them have 2 TPAs as well besides Satsuki with 3.
Very happy to have her now.

Cleared Medjedra for the first time yesterday. I had picked up my Medjedras from the Guerilla Descend Carnival so I didn't have a reason to play it. Decided to try it to get the stone and cleared both difficulties on the first try with my Kite team.
Also tried out Deus Ex Machina for the first time and managed to clear it on my 3rd try. I don't know why I screwed up the first two times. Used my Kite team to clear both levels and picked up the stone.

Also max skilled my 2nd LMeta using the blue masks I picked up while farming for green ones to skill up Zuoh. I haven't evolved her yet, but it's nice to know that I have a back up max skilled in case they change her skill sometime. (awoken? not likely) My 1st LMeta is hyper.

mike23

He is already at 100 percent skill bind resist with his current team. Honestly the only thing lacking is bind recovery but that is easily fixed by switching out Osiris, and that can be planned for before the dungeon.

This is pretty much the exact team that I would run with Bastet, maybe sub out one of the Vishnu if needed for verd of meimei.

I am higher on meimei than verd but we will see what verd's ult brings before I make any definite decisions.

The bit I've been using Bastet, I've been leaning towards Verdandi. I don't have any heartmakers on the team and I seem to need hearts often. Maybe as I get better I'll need the heartmaker less. Verdandi does knock me below 6 skill boosts though, so no Vishnu turn 1.

As for piis vs jewel skill ups, I can never make up my mind. Pii farming is terrible and exhausting, but ultimately more rewarding than spamming a crap Descend over and over. Rush dungeons on 1.5x are actually a pretty decent source of orbs if you can clear nearly 100% of the time, but following the invade schedule is quite annoying.

Basically there's no good answer, pick the one that is least likely to irritate you.

I think I agree about Piis being more rewarding. The exception would be if there's a descend where I want to use the boss as a skillup

I'll probably use the piis on Bastet first though. My general inclination is to max my leaders before my subs for friend reasons. I think it's easier to get and keep hypermax friends when you have a hypermax that they can use.

Just wow - dont you also have a perfect Awoken Ra team ? Thats pretty much the perfect Bastet team, talk about luck. Congrats on the clears...yeah Vishnuuu is great.

Luck, whaling, who can say?

Quantum

Anyone else farming 3x normal today? I'm just not seeing any drop increase after about 300 stamina - just wondering if anyone else noticing low rates, might as well just wait for ooh tomorrow.

hermit7

Gave challenge 7 a shot today and must say fuck damage limits. I had him down to about 25% with 2 more turns before he one shots me, have a 5 combo with a single red orb match to finish him off and then get 4 skyfalls including a red tpa.

Heals him to about 80 percent and am not able to kill him.

Will run normals after challenge dungeons are finished, hoping to at least finish Shiva with plusses and give some to Hino as well. Who should be next on the list CaoCao or Urd?

That >200K damage shield from challenge 7 is so annoying. Lost 3 times before I could clear it because I either hit too hard or too little.
Really? I've never had issues whittling Sopdet down in 4 turns with 6.25x/7x devils. Must be all your +eggs :p

Unless anyone knows if he'll drop from challenge dungeons?
challenge dungeons = no drops
challenge descends = some drops
______ challenge = some drops

kswiston

I'm at a weird spot in the game where I have a ton of great leaders, but am either lacking some key subs, or they are underleveled/underskilled/not awoken.

If I am not using my standard Ronia/red-dark devil team, I feel like I am scraping something together.

Right now I am just grinding out the last level of Starlight Sanctuary for rank and + eggs, but I feel like my progress through the descended dungeons is slow. I can beat most legend dungeons and the easier mythical dungeons, but am having trouble with the rest of the mythicals, all of the ultimate rushes, levels 6-10 on the challenges, etc.

linsivvi

Really? I've never had issues whittling Sopdet down in 4 turns with 6.25x/7x devils. Must be all your +eggs :p

Just my luck I guess. The game gave me crazy skyfalls of 9+ combos in those 3 runs and that never happened so regularly.

Kyuur

Good to know, thanks a bunch! Guess I'll wait for next event for Mejedra, unless he shows up as a guerrilla.

so i got an awoken leilan, im guessing eventually will make awoken haku. but whats the point are they leaders?

They are okay leaders. With a friend leader, you effectively gain 2x HP/RCV against the types they resist. I know Leilan is also used a sub on Ilm teams, not sure where Haku fits.

Top Bottom