• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

hermit7

Good to know, thanks a bunch! Guess I'll wait for next event for Mejedra, unless he shows up as a guerrilla.

They are okay leaders. With a friend leader, you effectively gain 2x HP/RCV against the types they resist. I know Leilan is also used a sub on Ilm teams, not sure where Haku fits.

Awoken haku is going to be a key sub on yomi teams. Along with her skill bind resist and extra half second orb move time and 2x tpa.

When /if I ever get a yomi team going my plan would be to run 2x haku, Claire, and bikini pandora.

With Claire being the flex spot for dmeta or Diza or something.

kswiston

Anyone else farming 3x normal today? I'm just not seeing any drop increase after about 300 stamina - just wondering if anyone else noticing low rates, might as well just wait for ooh tomorrow.

What dungeon are you farming? I've had 9-10 +egg drops from King of the Gods so far today, using maybe 150 or so Stam. Once I got 3 in a single run. The rate has definitely increased. Of course, things will be better with 1.5x monster drop tomorrow.

Quantum

What dungeon are you farming? I've had 9-10 +egg drops from King of the Gods so far today, using maybe 150 or so Stam. Once I got 3 in a single run. The rate has definitely increased. Of course, things will be better with 1.5x monster drop tomorrow.

generally farm the highest tier with increased drop rates. Don't generally farm KotG or ooH till weekend rates.

I just gave up after posting. I wasn't seeing higher drop rates, but your info is encouraging.

razterik

Got Baggi Felyne on roll #4. Now to stare at it until I muster up the courage to dump piis into it

Yay! Now I feel like less a jerk for my one-and-done.

Already dumped 2 piis on him, have to randomly dig through my mail box for more. What are good blue alternatives anyway. Holding off on plus eggs because I don't use a blue boosting leader yet.

Already dumped 2 piis on him, have to randomly dig through my mail box for more. What are good blue alternatives anyway. Holding off on plus eggs because I don't use a blue boosting leader yet.
Was thinking of A.Isis or A.Orochi. They may not even have roles in my current team rotation, but Baggi is purely a sub for A.Lax who I don't use either.

yami4ct

Dumped 5 pulls in and no Baggi-cat. I have no real good water teams to use him on, but I'm still sad.

So anyone know what the fastest farm team is for KoG? I have a feeling Razterik has already been prepping for it. Lol.

When 1.5x +egg rates hit for KoG, it's supposedly up there with 10x descends for +egg per hour and way more stam efficient. Oh, and what's a fast Sowilo team since she's apparently the best dungeon to run during 10x descends?

I was thinking this new dual boss dungeon was only going to be good for awoken evo mats. But the bosses are actually decent monsters. Though I don't have a Monkey King despite have multiples of all the other heroes. Oh, and gotta love GH's penchant for giving monsters the exact same skills but with different names to make skillups harder.

SaintR

Posting again on new page cause I took so long to edit:
Been a while since I've posted in best thread. Wanted to say hi to the vets and the new guys.
If anyone want to add/re-add me 330 447 209
Here's a list of most of my leads
LlToEA8.jpg

3ZH6bji.jpg

AOUCLNs.jpg

MRAsbyc.jpg

nSKBksx.jpg

LdjbnlW.jpg

B9wPs5o.jpg

hermit7

Failed the new dungeon one time because I went in blind and didn't realize the alligator had perseverance.

Beat it 2 times since and got the stone. Need To beat it until I get 2 guan yinping for leilan and meimei so that will be tomorrow.

coy

Midnight rolls:

Kagutsuchi+
Thor
Ruel
Blueberry Dragon
Kagutsuchi

Blueberry was 3k MP while the rest were new gods save for the dupe Kagu. I was hoping for any Heroes as I am still Hero-less but will probably skip the rest of the godfest as I have 4/5 JP1 now. My Shiva team is sub-optimal so Kagu is a welcome sight. I'll probably awaken both and have them on the team until better subs come. Hopefully the Heroes get paired with Indian 2 or Sengoku down the line.

zoku88

Did two pulls, YOLO on each machine

REM: Baal (no use for me right now, but maybe his eventual awoken will be useful.)

Bat REM: Batman+Batarang. Looks useful for low cost dungeons. I can't believe this doesnt have any sort of uevo, though.

razterik

So anyone know what the fastest farm team is for KoG? I have a feeling Razterik has already been prepping for it. Lol.

When 1.5x +egg rates hit for KoG, it's supposedly up there with 10x descends for +egg per hour and way more stam efficient. Oh, and what's a fast Sowilo team since she's apparently the best dungeon to run during 10x descends?

I was thinking this new dual boss dungeon was only going to be good for awoken evo mats. But the bosses are actually decent monsters. Though I don't have a Monkey King despite have multiples of all the other heroes. Oh, and gotta love GH's penchant for giving monsters the exact same skills but with different names to make skillups harder.

King of the Gods? Or something else I'm not seeing? The fastest KotG clear I've seen is like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R26D4eas-qQ
Three each of max skill Goemons and max skill Rodins. Rodins can be subbed for something else with 3 skill boosts like Yamato, but they probably account for 10-15 sec gained each. Goemons take care of the last 4 floors. I have been building a second max skill Goemon, but it hasn't been a priority. I kind of hate running KotG actually, since it's slow, boring and easy to die if you don't pay attention.

KotG isn't very close to 10x Descend rates. At roughly 19 stamina per plus, it's beaten easily by any of the simple 12.5 stamina per plus descends, like Valk/Zeus/Goemon. Compares even worse to ones that drop ~5 or greater eggs per run. Also slower than most of the 10x Descends on farming speed.

Now, if you meant Star Vault on it's new 1.5x +egg rate, then the comparison is more favorable. The stamina per plus drops from roughly 20 to 13ish. Not sure there's a lot of difference in push button farming SV vs the push button descends, but I'll give a bonus to SV as having easier to assemble teams that more people already have built. Maybe a draw, but a descend is usually up all day or fairly cheap in coin dungeons, while coin Star Vault is prohibitively expensive outside it's guerrilla appearances.

Discounting JP-only Gon, fastest Sowilo teams are mostly Shiva Dragon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtPnC9kPmXE
Double Ares is standard, last two are flex, but need 100% skill bind resist for final boss. Urd/Valk seem common for TPA damage, but have seen similar speed clears with Uriel and/or Yamato. Possible that the lineup changes before 10x Descend reaches NA, and Sowilo rates are still great, but somewhat diminished without it being a coin dungeon on 2x rates that are notably absent for NA...

Don't care much for hog girl and lizard man. They'd be better without such high initial skill counters. Evo material only for me. Crashed their party with Shiva Dragon, used Echidna delay on lizard to stop perseverance.

If I messed up somewhere, sorry, it's been a long day. And my JP Godfest day 2 pulls were awful. Silver green swordswoman, gold egg blue witch, and gold unicorn rider. Want my stones back to farm eggs instead, dammit.

Jagernaut

2 Godfest rolls:

Perseus - good, can use him for Awoken Parvati. Still need Pandora and Andromeda to complete Hero series.

Light Wee Jas - not sure what to use him for

D/R Batman is my new best friend for KotG farming. Certainly not on par with the whale teams, but I've got it down to about 2-3 minutes per run.

J0dy77

I know everyone posts the ultimate whale Goemon team when this question comes up. I'm never going to hit that point so I'm looking for alternatives.

I'm starting to like shiva dragon as my favorite quick farm paired with my urd. A single red match will bring down any trash wave. Then you just busy through the list the floors with actives. It's not the Goemon team but it's only a difference of maybe 20-30 seconds.

Only problem is that I don't have enough shiva whale friends.

Quantum

I've developed a team that is 100% and less than 2 minutes - but it really is to each their own. I was hoping that shiva dragon was going to be button press, but I still haven't figured out the last spike with it.

the team I use is lubu/CDD/haku/haku/baddie/ronia

trite, simple and old - I know - but insanely effective. haku d/d 4 dark orbs clears any 1-7 level, 5 red orbs the same. enough hp to tank any 1-7 attack. floor 8 first haku, floor nine lubu and ronia, floor ten baddie, haku, cdd - even with only 3 red orbs after specials zeus dies.

Midnight rolls:

Kagutsuchi+
Thor
Ruel
Blueberry Dragon
Kagutsuchi

Blueberry was 3k MP while the rest were new gods save for the dupe Kagu. I was hoping for any Heroes as I am still Hero-less but will probably skip the rest of the godfest as I have 4/5 JP1 now. My Shiva team is sub-optimal so Kagu is a welcome sight. I'll probably awaken both and have them on the team until better subs come. Hopefully the Heroes get paired with Indian 2 or Sengoku down the line.

Things i would do for even 1 Kagu :( Both him and Ares have eluded me since i started playing and whaling :)

Rolled a Kaede, who seems to be rare, but meh at green things :|

Uevoed my ShivaDragon last night and now it seems others on friends list are doing the same <3

*useful stuff as usual*
Ah you're right. Read about 1.5x rates on SV. Somehow my brain kept thinking of KoG even though it also occurred to me that it didn't make sense for GH to give only KoG a +egg boost which would also have to overlap with 3x normals. Speaking of long days, I guess I could blame it on late night reading/postings, too.
I'm starting to like shiva dragon as my favorite quick farm paired with my urd. A single red match will bring down any trash wave. Then you just busy through the list the floors with actives. It's not the Goemon team but it's only a difference of maybe 20-30 seconds.

Only problem is that I don't have enough shiva whale friends.
Aren't you my BFF? My Shiva Dragon is always up in one of my BFF slots.

Yeah, Shiva Dragon is a great farm lead. It singlehandedly supplanted each of my dedicated weekday farm teams. Especially didn't expect my triple Ra team to be bested for Friday mythical so soon.

I've developed a team that is 100% and less than 2 minutes - but it really is to each their own. I was hoping that shiva dragon was going to be button press, but I still haven't figured out the last spike with it.

the team I use is lubu/CDD/haku/haku/baddie/ronia

trite, simple and old - I know - but insanely effective. haku d/d 4 dark orbs clears any 1-7 level, 5 red orbs the same. enough hp to tank any 1-7 attack. floor 8 first haku, floor nine lubu and ronia, floor ten baddie, haku, cdd - even with only 3 red orbs after specials zeus dies.
Yeah RoBu was my previously quickest team before Shiva Dragon. I was wondering if there was a completely automatic team. Guess not. The one Razterik posted is the fastest I've seen, but it's a moot point since I incorrectly thought KoG instead of SV.

Three godfest pulls:

5 star Cinderella (sold 4* Cinderella for MP immediately)
Ariel (angel) new God so I kept
And then
Sun dragon caller, Konna (light dragon caller)

She looks like a better izanagi, except I can't skill her up without Piis (and my izanagi is almost max skilled)

So not terrible, only one "trash" pull,

Destroyed the new descend, awoken shiva and cao cao destroys that dungeon. Only trouble spot is I have to use cao cao on the perseverance boss (so I can two turn kill him)

jay23

A couple of more rolls

Maybe I should have quit while I was ahead, what I gotta do for some hero gods?

All these damn heaven gala rolls but no Venus or fuma. At least I have a second l.Kali now.

coy

Things i would do for even 1 Kagu :( Both him and Ares have eluded me since i started playing and whaling :)

Rolled a Kaede, who seems to be rare, but meh at green things :|

Uevoed my ShivaDragon last night and now it seems others on friends list are doing the same <3
Crud, here I am hella jealous of your Kaede while you have been wanting Kagu! Kaede would sub nicely into my Parvati team with her TPAs, fingers, and SBR not to mention orb and heartmaker AS. And as a leader, I've got tons of optimal subs to make use of her defensive LS trait. Here's hoping we both get our checklist monsters in due time.

My gf also rolled a Thor last night which is when I realized light gala was in effect. I have a good base for a light row team - Venus, Apocalypse, Raph, and DQ - but no leader to take advantage of them.

Edit:
A couple of more rolls

Maybe I should have quit while I was ahead, what I gotta do for some hero gods?

All these damn heaven gala rolls but no Venus or fuma. At least I have a second l.Kali now.
When you discover the secret, please share.

Hey guys, I just started playing this game yesterday. I pulled Incarnation of Suzuku, Leilan (something like that anyways) from my first REM, and then later Batman with Batarang from the Batman REM. I just got enough magic stones for another REM pull. Should I pull from Batman or from the regular REM? Also, I'm assuming I should just keep going through these normal dungeons for now and ignore the special ones. I just cleared Volcano of Vulcan. Thanks, GAF!

Quantum

I have 19 free stones and would like to pull but really don't want anything but a gfe

- so a strange situation because I know the odds but still want a new lead to mess around with
- having dropped a bunch on pad summer with mediocre results I feel like I'm getting jipped.

so not pulling, and unhappy - I'f I pulled I'd be unhappy.

I am trying to find the logic, and would obviously rather be happy.

edit - my nephew is getting me into destiny - and as far as I understand now - its another grindfest. ugh.

Hey guys, I just started playing this game yesterday. I pulled Incarnation of Suzuku, Leilan (something like that anyways) from my first REM, and then later Batman with Batarang from the Batman REM. I just got enough magic stones for another REM pull. Should I pull from Batman or from the regular REM? Also, I'm assuming I should just keep going through these normal dungeons for now and ignore the special ones. I just cleared Volcano of Vulcan. Thanks, GAF!

Collab REMs are big traps for the most part, a lot higher rate of silver eggs then gold eggs. You shouldn't roll anymore on batman but keeping Batman+rang unevolved as a low cost dungeon leader is advised. You'll want to only roll on Godfests from here on out to start your card collection and open up more options.

Just keep doing normals till Castle of Satan, after you finish that set you'll unlock technical dungeons and you should progress in there for awhile as you level your team. Tech dungeons start to introduce you to monster skills and different skill sets at different hp levels. The pangdras you find in there can give you a lot of levels for your team as well. Once you start stomping techs, you can try normals again once you got more levels under your belt.

Collab REMs are big traps for the most part, a lot higher rate of silver eggs then gold eggs. You shouldn't roll anymore on batman but keeping Batman+rang unevolved as a low cost dungeon leader is advised. You'll want to only roll on Godfests from here on out to start your card collection and open up more options.

Just keep doing normals till Castle of Satan, after you finish that set you'll unlock technical dungeons and you should progress in there for awhile as you level your team. Tech dungeons start to introduce you to monster skills and different skill sets at different hp levels. The pangdras you find in there can give you a lot of levels for your team as well. Once you start stomping techs, you can try normals again once you got more levels under your belt.

Thank you so much for the advice! I've been trying to read up some starter guides, but it can be kind of overwhelming.

hermit7

Thank you so much for the advice! I've been trying to read up some starter guides, but it can be kind of overwhelming.

Lelian is a good lead now and a great sub later on, so you're in a good position.

The Bat Rem has good things throughout, and the batman you got is a great low cost lead for later dungeons so definitely keep it.

Another roll in the Bat Rem isnt too awful, all the cards are useful to some extent, Golds are good leads and subs.

Catwoman gives coin multiplier, Harley is a good orb changer, Robin is a combo lead.

coy

Wish I had a Fuma.
I have 19 free stones and would like to pull but really don't want anything but a gfe

- so a strange situation because I know the odds but still want a new lead to mess around with
- having dropped a bunch on pad summer with mediocre results I feel like I'm getting jipped.

so not pulling, and unhappy - I'f I pulled I'd be unhappy.

I am trying to find the logic, and would obviously rather be happy.

edit - my nephew is getting me into destiny - and as far as I understand now - its another grindfest. ugh.
Destiny is why I stopped playing PAD for so long. It can be a grindfest if you're a min/max player or want to jump into end-game content at the onset. You can also just treat like any other FPS with good shooting mechanics and play Crucible for PvP content or run Strikes for PvE content. Running Strikes for hours would tire you eventually, but the PvP can be real fun when it doesn't feel like Supers are being spammed all game.

I've been busy with my baby to play much during the House of Wolves expansion but will be trying to get back into it with The Taken King come next week. There's a few from here that play and participate in the DGAF OT - I think log even got max grimoire score which is a true grind.

Negator

Man I really want to skill up Vishnu, but it's just not going to be a good time spending so much stamina trying to get the fodder. How often do Insect dragons show up?

coy

Destiny is not fun but I'm getting it next week anyways. Anybody wants to add me on PS4 use psn cattes
That's the spirit haha. Destiny will be my main timekiller til SFV is released.

Man I really want to skill up Vishnu, but it's just not going to be a good time spending so much stamina trying to get the fodder. How often do Insect dragons show up?
I saw this pic on reddit earlier in the week:
reddit said:
Until this set, it looked to be every third rotation after their introduction.

jay23

I wish. I have L Kali(3 of them) sp I know he has a slaot but not sure two are worth having?

Whats an Ideal Lali team?

How cool would it be if they allowed you to trade one of your monsters once like a bf selection.

Funny you guys are talking about destiny that's what stalled my progress on pad when it first released I was hooked. It's a fun game if you play with a group of friends. Tho it definitely felt like a grindfest playing the first raid three times a week trying to get all the raid armor and weapons. Taken king supposedly "fixes" that.

J0dy77

Ah you're right. Read about 1.5x rates on SV. Somehow my brain kept thinking of KoG even though it also occurred to me that it didn't make sense for GH to give only KoG a +egg boost which would also have to overlap with 3x normals. Speaking of long days, I guess I could blame it on late night reading/postings, too.

Aren't you my BFF? My Shiva Dragon is always up in one of my BFF slots.

Yeah, Shiva Dragon is a great farm lead. It singlehandedly supplanted each of my dedicated weekday farm teams. Especially didn't expect my triple Ra team to be bested for Friday mythical so soon.

Yeah we're BF. You and howie always have one up so that's good. I just meant more friends for pal points.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
No rolls from me - outta stones. Also didnt bother with with +eggs, tried to OoH runs and got 0 +eggs so it seems to be as bad as the last time. They definitely changed the drop rate for the worst compared to the initial 3x normal.

I cleared Challenge Lvl 9 instead. After playing around with both i have to say that Liu Bei > Vishnu on my Meimei squad. I feel like Vishnuu only is superior if you have 2 units otherwise his active feels is just too much RNG..it also can screw you when you want to somehow control you damage and get Skyfall green tpas ( lost once on Sha Wujing because of that)...

Might not be the case if you always can clear the whole board but with my combo skills on more difficult stages Liu Bei seems better. Failed Challenge 9 with Vishnu because his active is less reliable and i have to save up Meimei or Verdandi...with Liu Bei i know 99% of the time his active will let me take out non fire bosses with +5 million. OHKO.

quickmemo_2015-09-12-nhsee.png

4 green TPAa...because why not xD

So yeah with Bei, Meimei, Verdandi and Perseus you normally get an active for OHKO...Vishnu kinda kills the setup. A max skilled Osiris + 2 Vishnus would be great to play...but since i dont have the cards i will stick to Bei for now.

razterik

Does 10x descend MP count for Joker and Scarecrow? Because I have a shitload of them from farming for Arkham Knights. If not, I'll go ahead and sell them now.

Don't think so, they should be classified as biweekly bosses that currently sell for 5 MP. And who knows when or if we will ever see the 10x MP amount.

J0dy77

Once you fill all spaces, you can make another latent awakening that'll replace the very 1st one.

Yeah that kind of sucks. Was hoping you would be able to pick which one.

Man do I love 3x normals. I just got 8 + eggs in 2 consecutive runs of kog. Crazy.

Top Bottom