• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Haha! This was a pleasant surprise. I lazily threw together an unoptimized team to tackle Master. I didn't even check the dungeon layout beforehand, but I figured a Master-level dungeon shouldn't be too hard. Working my way through the dungeon, I was thinking, "Wow, this dungeon is pretty damn hard for Master. What the hell kind of team will I need for Legend, being limited to Attackers and Physicals?" Well color me shocked, when I 0-stoned it and realized I accidentally entered Legend instead of Master! Woo!

In hindsight, I completely overlooked King Flamie, since I was really only looking through my Dark monsters, and didn't consider Fire types since Hanzo converts Fire orbs. D/L Batman is the only Physical monster on the team, so Flamie would replace him if I were to add it. D/L Bats was pretty useful with his good stats and 2-turn delay, but I probably wouldn't have needed the delay with Flamie's burst.

None of the Batmen nor Gryps had any awakenings. And Gryps wasn't even ultimate-evo'd, so the team was very unoptimized. Those skill boosts, TPAs, and row enhances would've made things much easier. I came close to death several times, and killed Zhang Fei on the final turn before he would have killed me. As you can see, my 17K HP wouldn't have survived his next attack.

nqHFBNm.png

So I actually think my Kirin options are better than my Kali options. However Kali makes a decent fire sub for Kirin I think.

Kirin/Light Zhuge/Kali/Valk/Verche/Kirin

Kali can combine with Verch if need be. I'd have 3 orb changers, and insane mono-light damage. Two members with 2 two-prongs. A bunch of orb enchance (for when it gets the buff).

Got my first UmiYama skill up! Now I'm only 2 away from my first ever hypermaxed card. I'd love it if this was one of the rare cases that didn't give me skillup trouble...

Also I just realized that LZL is a pretty solid fit for an UmiYama team. Much more excited about him now, though between him and Grodin, I'm short 14 Tamadras.

Jagernaut

Kept pulling until the gold eggs stopped. Roll 6 was Sun Wukong, roll 7 was Exa-hydra. 6 golds out of 7 rolls is the best I've ever done.

1. Durga
2. Light Zhuge Liang
3. Krishna
4. Vritra
5. Devil Lucifer
6. Sun Wukong
7. Exa-hydra

thetechkid

So I picked up an Andromeda during the Godfest and I think I would like to create a team for her. I did a little bit of research and it seems that the REM required is pretty heavy, but I think I might be able to be substitutes and have a working team. So heres my box and I'd like to see if I really can make the team or if I just have a random assortment of water monsters.

am_dragon

This was my best godfest ever, finally after 652 days I have a one of the specials.

Had 10 stones rolled when I woke up:
Sarasvati - ok I guess, not sure she is good for yet.
Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao - Awesome, Need to research teams.

Decided to buy a 30 pack:
Mermaid - nice... here we go.
Fire Wizard, Laila - better
Okuninushi - even better
Hades - ok now I can make a team of them.
Thor - I thought it was Apollo at first and I was super happy, then I looked again...
L.Meta - Nice to meet you.

8 rolls, 7 gold, really tempted to roll more but I know that only leads to despair and regret so I'm happy with a GF for the first time in a long time.

linsivvi

Welp, seems like the x1.5 bonus on Spirit Jewels Invade isn't so bad, I finally made these 2:

Need advice where to fit them in a Bestet/Horus/Ra team.
Also would they help in Thursday/Friday Mythical dungeon runs?

That's all I have been doing the 2 parts of this event. So far I've evolved Hera-Ur and Fagan and is working on Beelzebub now. Some days it takes 10 tries some it takes just 1. It's actually pretty doable.

I used Hera-Ur in some challenge mode dungeons. Hera-Ur lead with a team full of +297 Ronia, Haku and Shiva is pretty much unstoppable.

For example, fast and safe King of Gods farming team, perfect for power leveling since you never run out of friends:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NWavpOW_Is

Edit: I would replace the last two with Haku and Lu Bu, but you get the idea.

hermit7

Rolled a few times. Got a green Odin. Also got my third blue Odin. Any uses for a third?

Also got ganesha for some huge weekend dungeon totals.

smbu2000

Waited for the second half of the GF to pull.

Main: Snow White (dupe), Okuninushi, UmiYama (dupe).

Happy to get Okuni (just ult the Okuni on my secondary account) and just need Amenouzume to complete that set. Already had Kushinada, Izanagi and U&Y. Not sure how much I'll use him though as I finally got my Devil Bastet and I've been using her more now.

Secondary: Gigantes... and Haku!

Haku is who I wanted for this account (I have a D/D Haku on my main one) for my Ronia team. Very happy about this one especially after that terrible first pull.

Cleared the Zhao Yun dungeon Legend on my first try with my LHorus team (main account) and mini Zhuge Liang and Zhao Yun both dropped. Very nice. Wondering if I should keep the mini ZL or feed him to my GZL...

Right now I'm still working on collecting LChasers before the Survey Dungeon ends. Both of my LMetas are at lvl. 2 (main/secondary), just need to collect more materials to evo the chasers to be useful... Luckily with the event going on the daily dungeons will be 2x times this week.

edit: Also very nice that the GF rolls are coming out at high levels already. My Haku came out at level 48! Just a bit to 50 then I can ult to D/D Haku very quickly!

J0dy77

What's everyone using for Zhang? I hate these minimal cost dungeons and really need his card got Zgl.

As for Godfest, I had 10 stones left after the DC Rem wasted 20 stones. GZL and Ganesha. GZL is a dupe but I'm happy with Ganesha. Already cleared weekend dungeon with him at lvl 5.

linsivvi

At first I looked at the dungeon description and thought easy clear for Kirin, and then I realized it's main type only.

So I put together this team, basically all the maxed attackers that I have in my box:

9H4dYsS.jpg

Cleared legend with 0 stone. It has unintentional synergy which created this final 3x board.

Who knew my useless starting pull would become so useful for this dungeon? I'll leave Sasuke up over the weekend for anyone interested.

Zero_IYAD

That's all I have been doing the 2 parts of this event. So far I've evolved Hera-Ur and Fagan and is working on Beelzebub now. Some days it takes 10 tries some it takes just 1. It's actually pretty doable.

I used Hera-Ur in some challenge mode dungeons. Hera-Ur lead with a team full of +297 Ronia, Haku and Shiva is pretty much unstoppable.

For example, fast and safe King of Gods farming team, perfect for power leveling since you never run out of friends:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NWavpOW_Is

Edit: I would replace the last two with Haku and Lu Bu, but you get the idea.
That's awesome! I needed this!
I really should go back to clearing Challenge Mode, I stopped half way in both Normal & Technical lists.

Decided to give it one more pull today after lunch.

Got Mystic Light Knight.

...Well played, GungTroll.

(Seriously, why star-eggs during godfests?)

Woo! Got my Ganesha. Was actually hoping for better chance at Lu Bu with both Godfest and Dark Carnival stacking, and a slim chance at Chester, but I'll take it!

J0dy77

Went back and tried the same Physical team I wiped with earlier this morning for Zhang. Zero stoned master without much issue, helps if you run the dungeon fully awake and not at 5 min the morning still waking up. Used what I had and looked like this:

2x Seigfried lead, Goemon, Gigas Titan, Titan, bubbly. Luckily my second unevolved titan was max skilled along with all the other orb changers, helped a lot. The only problem with the team is there is zero healing capability.

Tobe

its been like 4 godfest where ive pulled once to get silver eggs. fucking riding hood cinderella sleeping beauty

Quantum

You can always pair Lu Bu up with Ronia friends.

noted, I'd really like to put together a KotG farming team and it seems that lu bu is an excellent choice - I was working on a pandora team, but I think I can have lu bu take its place.

most of the lu bu farm teams use ronia - which is frustrating.

I have been working on a Blonia team and it has come a long way - I was thinking of making an Andromeda/Blonia team with physical subs - with a level 1 unevolved Andromeda I was able to get Zeus to 25% without much effort - hopefully one of the teams will work well.

so of course - even more to think about and do.

Yeah but you really need two Ronias for an ideal team. A second full board change is crucial for sub bosses or an unlucky Ronia active. Though a Haku would also work almost as well.

I do have Haku, but when I run KotG with lu bu I'm having a ton of issues - but lu bu is not evo'd and I think I have work on the synergy of my subs.

smbu2000

Two silvers.

Vampire Duke (Already have.. no thanks)
Grape Dragon (woot)

Pretty excited about the Grape Dragon.
You can always go for the other ultimate with the Vampire Duke.

I have a W/D Vampire Duke already, but I also have another that I'm leveling up, which I will turn into a D/W Vampire Duke once I finish. That way, you have a choice of which one you want on your team for a particular dungeon.

Althane

You can always go for the other ultimate with the Vampire Duke.

I have a W/D Vampire Duke already, but I also have another that I'm leveling up, which I will turn into a D/W Vampire Duke once I finish. That way, you have a choice of which one you want on your team for a particular dungeon.

That's true, but Vamp is pretty farmable. I mean, sure, evolved state, +30 levels... still a bit of a bummer roll.

I'll stick both on a team with Grape Dragon leading. Sounds fun.

ZeroAKA

2 pulls: Yamato Takeru and Lu Bu. I'm getting really close to my ideal Ronia team now. The only piece that I'm missing is Shiva/Haku.

chrono01

I pulled 8 times.

Perseus [New]
Dark Golem Mk. II [Why are these still in the REM?]
Fenrir Knight [Please stop]
Tiamat [Dupe]
Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao [New]
Dragon Knight [Dupe]
Cao Cao [New]
Jester Knight, Chester [New]

So, in total, four new Gods, and four dupes. Not too bad at all, and Jester Wizard looks amazing for those Skill Bind Resists, as well as certain other situations dungeons.

I'm pretty happy with my pulls. [Still no Blue Sonia, though...]

jiggle

Got 30 days bonus on alt and pulled an A.Megatron
That's a good one right?
Wish I get some of that luck on the account I actually care more about :/

Pulled again this morning. I don't know why; maybe because I had such horrible luck yesterday, yet kept seeing others here landing gods after gods.

Anyway, I got a Samurai Dragon... so that's two silver- and two star- eggs, and twenty stones down the drain.

Quantum

Pulled again this morning. I don't know why; maybe because I had such horrible luck yesterday, yet kept seeing others here landing gods after gods.

Anyway, I got a Samurai Dragon... so that's two silver- and two star- eggs, and twenty stones down the drain.

don't feel bad - I broke down this morning and picked up a pack of stones after saying how I wouldn't. (likely for the same reason)

I pulled 6 x in DC rem (I secretly wanted an aquaman for my recent blue flavored play)

batgirl + bat woman x 2
flash
green arrow
wonder woman

then expanded my FL by 10 (2 more stones)

then pulled the REM -

Lu Bu - Seriously just pulled this with free stones.
Guan Yu - fourth.

all others were silver or lower, nothing beneficial.

save the trophies in the DC collab this was the worst waste of money I have had in this game. I pulled absolute shit except for Lu Bu which I had already obtained for free with saved stones

if that is not a lesson I don't know what is (I'm sure I didn't learn anything from it...)

The plus egg rate for mechdragons is way worse than I was expecting considering how much people were talking about it. Only got 7 in 3 runs even during 1.5x drops. Did they nerf the drop rate or something?

Goldrush

After DQXQ on my last pull, decided to burn the rest of my stones with 3 pulls on the Godfest and got all gold: Vishnu, Immortal Dragon Cursed Wyrm, and...DQXQ again.

Uthred

First pull - Gold egg, sweet...Blue golem (dupe)..oooh
Second pull - Gold egg, sweet....Lilith (dupe)...well played Gung Ho

NineH

I pulled 6 x in DC rem (I secretly wanted an aquaman for my recent blue flavored play)

batgirl + bat woman x 2
flash
green arrow
wonder woman

I futilely wished for Superman or Supergirl but instead got Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and 3 Batgirls. Seems like the Batgirls are the booby prizes in the DC REM.

Aside from the gold eggs, I would have at least liked to have gotten all the silver eggs as a consolation prize. I'm not pulling the DC REM any more though since I know I'll get even more Batgirls.

The plus egg rate for mechdragons is way worse than I was expecting considering how much people were talking about it. Only got 7 in 3 runs even during 1.5x drops. Did they nerf the drop rate or something?
That is 21 stamina per +egg. The only other place you'll find anything close to that is Star Vault. That is incredibly lucky unless you did this during the 5x technical event a few weeks ago.

That is 21 stamina per +egg. The only other place you'll find anything close to that is Star Vault. That is incredibly lucky unless you did this during the 5x technical event a few weeks ago.
This is on my JP account and they have 5x going on right now. I remember seeing screenshots of people getting like 4 - 6 eggs per run so I was expecting something like that.

quin

This is on my JP account and they have 5x going on right now. I remember seeing screenshots of people getting like 4 - 6 eggs per run so I was expecting something like that.

the first 5x event I was averaging about 5 per run. I even talked about it here. after that week they had to have nerfed it because now it is 1, maybe 2 but often 0

Top Bottom