• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Quantum

No rolls from me - outta stones. Also didnt bother with with +eggs, tried to OoH runs and got 0 +eggs so it seems to be as bad as the last time. They definitely changed the drop rate for the worst compared to the initial 3x normal.

- I've been lazy but today was much better for plus egg drops. I decided to run OOH because hino then awoken ra makes it kinda of a joke, only did about 500 stamina but averaged about 1 plus egg per run.
- well not too lazy, just a bit hungover and played the heck out of destiny which was fun - I picked it up on release (preordered actually) but never played it until my nephew bugged be to pick it up.

- will probably farm plus eggs for a few hours because I'm food coma'd from overdoing Blanquette De Veau.

Negator

Got another Pii drop! I'm 2/4 today. Just one more and Bastet will be max skilled! Now it'll be a race for my first hypermax between 297 Skuld at Skill level 2 And Awoken Bastet with half plus eggs.

Rolled 4 times and immediately regretted it. No dupes but the only thing from the godfest or gala was Rei Sirius. Three crappy random rolls in Mitsuki, blue PADZ chimera thing, and red Chester.

The search for Yamato continues...

mike23

eYuoF9V.jpg

Beat level 9 of the Challenge Dungeon with Bastet. +7 total on my team with a hyper max friend. I lost a bunch of times trying to do it with A.Ra, but Bastet is just so much easier to consistently activate. Plus, it's much less likely that forget to match green than one of the 5 that Ra needs. The other annoying thing is that every time I got to the last floor with Ra he absorbed light.

I promptly fed 4 piis to Bastet and 3 to Meimei. Need to decide if I want to hyper Bastet or Shiva dragon now. I'm leaning towards Bastet because she has better high tier descend potential, I think.

One roll today since I have everything from the two Pantheons: Minerva #4. Sold for MP. Not even in the godfest or the gala. Weak.

zoku88

Pulled 3 times:

Earth Dragon Swordsman
L Meta (dupe)
Nephthys

I've heard Nep is actually pretty good. True?

She's cute as a button, though.

EDIT:
I decided to roll one more and got Leonis. Looks like an Attacker Ama sub.

yami4ct

2 Pulls:

Paravati
Shiva (Dupe).

I should not have pulled that second time. Ugh. Oh well. Hey, PAD, stop giving me great Green leads that I can't use because I have no green full board change. Thanks.

zoku88

Parvati is useable without a full board change. I mean, it would probably be a lot better with Beach Sonia or Verthandi, but I use mine pretty frequently just fine...

I want a Verthandi T_T

yami4ct

Parvati is useable without a full board change. I mean, it would probably be a lot better with Beach Sonia or Verthandi, but I use mine pretty frequently just fine...

I want a Verthandi T_T

I guess I shouldn't say 'usable' and more 'worth my time'. I've already got an A. Lakshmi and A. Shiva squad with board changers to work on once my A. Ra team is finished. Both of those are going to be much more viable long term than any green team I can put together, despite having Paravati, 2 Kushinada, Ceres, 2 Liu Bei, Vishnu, Artemis, Freyja and Bastet. A lot of good monsters individually, but nothing to really work a full team.

zoku88

I guess I shouldn't say 'usable' and more 'worth my time'. I've already got an A. Lakshmi and A. Shiva squad with board changers to work on once my A. Ra team is finished. Both of those are going to be much more viable long term than any green team I can put together, despite having Paravati, 2 Kushinada, Ceres, 2 Liu Bei, Vishnu, Artemis, Freyja and Bastet. A lot of good monsters individually, but nothing to really work a full team.

Ah, I see your point.

Rixa

GFE d2 Had stones for 2 pulls.
- Shiva the Destroyer
- Unicorn Rider (dupe)

Got the Red leader o/, subs I have:
- Uriel
- Shaitan 5* & 4* versions
- Cao Cao
- Chiyome
- Fc Mitsuki
- 2x Extant Ronias
- Harbinger Leilan
- Echidna
- Berserker Z
- Phoenix Knight (max skill)
- Firefly + Flamethrower

^^ From those, what subs to add Shiva team?

razterik

Cao Cao for sure. Uriel+Leilan is a potent combo. Get Awoken Leilan when you can and you'll have a full skill bind resist team. Final slot is flexible, would use Ronia or Chiyome. Echidna if longer delay needed.

This godfest was a bust for me. Got Grimrock and a couple of dupes. Gungho needs to update the PADZ monsters. Grimrock would be an OK sub max skilled and with some decent awakenings.

Ducarmel

Finally got a Verdandi that completes my collection of Norns. Felt good and decided two more rolls hoping for Osiris, silver and an Godin.

My Bastet team gets stronger but I still have no Liu Bei, Vishnu, or Osiris.

Your move Gungho cant troll me with green dragon fruit anymore.

J0dy77

2 rolls today, got the green hero and Apollo. These new hero cards seem to be the new trash cards of the rem. Got two out of three rolls these past two days. Not sure how I feel about Apollo anymore but at least he was new.

I still don't have any of the Indian one or Egyptian 2 cards.

smbu2000

Pulled once more before the second half of the GF ended. Beast Rider...uhhh...a dupe. I haven't even levelled up my other one.

Tried out Hera Rush (Queen's Banquet) for the first time out of Challenges and this time with my Kite team.

Thank you 10x descend plus egg drop rate.

Hey a nice bonus as well! (I stalled on Ur and Beorc because of not so great boards and I didn't want to use my Kite skill. Subbed out Yomi for Susano to take the hit from Hera.

Negator

Wow, got the last one I needed to drop. Bastet is now max skilled. That was slightly less painful than I imagined.

I'm sure that in the future I will not be so lucky.

Coin dungeons are amazing! I've ranked up so quickly and levelled up so many monsters, it's kind of crazy. My side project right now is max levelling some low cost fire monsters for Tengu.

Rolled until silver, but ran out of stones before I got a silver:

Avalon Drake, Amaterasu, dragon rider Arthur (is he a good sub for anyone?), Ganesha, rei Sirius, Cinderella.

Arthur can be a good sub for attacker amaterasu, I guess. Prongs and orb change

Was also thinking a potential Hathor sub. He covers the dark color, turns dark to light, and then turns non-damaging hearts into dark orbs. Not the best orb change, but it seems solid enough.

Azusa

I saw this pic on reddit earlier in the week:

Until this set, it looked to be every third rotation after their introduction.

No love for blue sprite. They officially hate Andro and Lakshmi teams. I think I just abandon this team and try to max out my Ra team or build a Bastet team.

Is there a great end game team that doesn't require much skillups?

jay23

Challenge level 9 is hard, don't think I have enough orb changers on my Shiva team to do consistent damage. Reached floor 4 and had to use hino but screwed up the combo. Having to bring awoken RA along for fattie dragon doesn't help either.

Epic Drop

Challenge level 9 is hard, don't think I have enough orb changers on my Shiva team to do consistent damage. Reached floor 4 and had to use hino but screwed up the combo. Having to bring awoken RA along for fattie dragon doesn't help either.

Id suggest just using your normal Shiva team without ra. Just use a Shiva active on fatty to lower his defense. At that point a single 2prong for match with a 6 combo will kill him.

razterik

Yomi Dragon seems poor compared to Shiva/Ra Dragons. Weaker than A.Yomi? Why put double time extend on a lead with no combo requirement? I think I'd like it better if it boosted dragons instead of gods. JP players hating on it so may get buffed.

And it's the thing that eats ultimate Dark Izanami. That didn't take long.

ccbfan

Batman Dungeon vs Saph Infestation? Whats better for skilling an already max level Hermes and I don't have Bodin?

Both have about a 50% floor for skill up mat.

Saph has additional floors where supers can evade and good blue exp even if a super doesn't drop.

Batman has high potential of "need to evolve skill ups" that in itself will cost about 50 stam for mats. I guess skill ups for Joker and Scarecrow.

jay23

Why Ra? Shiva defense break and a TPA or two busts fat metal easily.

Id suggest just using your normal Shiva team without ra. Just use a Shiva active on fatty to lower his defense. At that point a single 2prong for match with a 6 combo will kill him.

Ra was just so I wouldn't have to worry about that floor, I'll try Shiva+Chiyome next time. My regular Shiva team only has 3 orb changers tho with chiyome, hino, and ronia. Is it possible to stall on floor 5 or 6? I'm bringing Phoenix rider as my final sub.

razterik

Not really. Defoud gives you six turns, but he's hitting around 20k each time and will one hit below 30% if your shield isn't up. Corpse Wyrm hits for 28k, but you can gain a couple extra turns if you let him bind your dragons below 50%.

Can use two or three turns on Zaerog as long as you don't hit him into his 100% gravity first turn. With your shield up, you can take your time on him. Make sure to move Hino and Ronia to far left team slots in case he absorbs dark.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
My goal is to 1 stone Challenge Lvl 10 now that i have cleared the other stages. Had a nice run yesterday where 1 shot Hera-Ur but i screwed up a Combo on Zeus Dios... :-/ So frustrating when you take out +6 mill HP bosses only to mess up on crappy Zeus Dios -.-

Still have enough days...so i will clear it before it ends.

PS: Kinda disappointed in Yomi Dragon... expected more, he seems worse than Awoken Yomi. NOt being a combo leader those Finger Awakenings would be better as TPA or Rows.
- I've been lazy but today was much better for plus egg drops. I decided to run OOH because hino then awoken ra makes it kinda of a joke, only did about 500 stamina but averaged about 1 plus egg per run.
- well not too lazy, just a bit hungover and played the heck out of destiny which was fun - I picked it up on release (preordered actually) but never played it until my nephew bugged be to pick it up.

- will probably farm plus eggs for a few hours because I'm food coma'd from overdoing Blanquette De Veau.

I'm getting great results from 3x normals. 1 or 2 eggs every run on KotG. Very few 0-egg runs.
Guess it was just my bad luck...gave it another shot on Sunday and stopped after 4 0 drop runs - maybe the next weekend will be better for me.

razterik

Farmed 300+ plus eggs over weekend, so can confirm 3x rates. Shooting for the same next weekend, but I will mostly be running Batman during the boosted invade rate.

JP coin dungeons missing alt pii dungeons again next cycle. That's a whole month without pii farming outside Ultimate Arena. I think they're planning something and will announce during the stream.

zoku88

Farmed 300+ plus eggs over weekend, so can confirm 3x rates. Shooting for the same next weekend, but I will mostly be running Batman during the boosted invade rate.

JP coin dungeons missing alt pii dungeons again next cycle. That's a whole month without pii farming outside Ultimate Arena. I think they're planning something and will announce during the stream.
I think I only did 100. I should put together a push button team for it or something. So monotonous.

Top Bottom