• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Heh. If JP players complaining about Yomi Dragon, I expect GH to over-correct it into being the most OP MP monster. But for now, I'm relieved it won't replace Shiva Dragon as the premiere farm lead. Would suck to invest all that into Shiva Dragon only to have people migrate over to Yomi Dragon. Though if that happened, I'd probably find a way to do the same.

bjork

So I've been playing this for a little bit now, and I've kind of hit a wall as far as dungeons I can clear. Here's the characters I have, can someone point me in the right direction for making a couple of decent teams, if possible? I know I'm nowhere near most of the folks in this thread, but any help would be great. Who's good, who isn't worth keeping, etc. I think the Batman ones seem bad, or at least the ones I have, but I like my Hello Kitty ones so I'll keep them even if they're subpar. Thanks~

pfVhZja.png

se5MU1n.png

4fjroXA.png

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Farmed 300+ plus eggs over weekend, so can confirm 3x rates. Shooting for the same next weekend, but I will mostly be running Batman during the boosted invade rate.

JP coin dungeons missing alt pii dungeons again next cycle. That's a whole month without pii farming outside Ultimate Arena. I think they're planning something and will announce during the stream.
Guess i was just unlucky...but i also didnt have the stones for more stamina. Lets see if i have more luck this weekend.
Heh. If JP players complaining about Yomi Dragon, I expect GH to over-correct it into being the most OP MP monster. But for now, I'm relieved it won't replace Shiva Dragon as the premiere farm lead. Would suck to invest all that into Shiva Dragon only to have people migrate over to Yomi Dragon. Though if that happened, I'd probably find a way to do the same.
..and Awoken Sakuya soon - so 2 Uber OP monsters in a couple of weeks. What a time to be alive xD
So I've been playing this for a little bit now, and I've kind of hit a wall as far as dungeons I can clear. Here's the characters I have, can someone point me in the right direction for making a couple of decent teams, if possible? I know I'm nowhere near most of the folks in this thread, but any help would be great. Who's good, who isn't worth keeping, etc. I think the Batman ones seem bad, or at least the ones I have, but I like my Hello Kitty ones so I'll keep them even if they're subpar. Thanks~

bjork, i can see why you hit a wall....your subs are all over the place but you should focus on LKali if you arent already. She is your only viable endgame without having to skill up a bunch of units.

LKali/Echidna/Arcline/Iza/Batman maybe ?

bjork

I've mostly been running a team of dragons because the zombie one has 3.5x attack and I'm completely basing my team building from playing One Piece, ha.

I'll try out the team you mentioned. I've had that Kali at max for a little bit now, but can never get the materials together to evolve her. Most of the ones stuck at Lv Max are for the same reason, heh.

razterik

But for now, I'm relieved it won't replace Shiva Dragon as the premiere farm lead. Would suck to invest all that into Shiva Dragon only to have people migrate over to Yomi Dragon. Though if that happened, I'd probably find a way to do the same.

Yeah, I was relieved too. Without a full fix in awakenings, I don't see it replacing Shiva Dragon as the farming lead. Have to push all the damage and skill bind resist awakenings onto four subs. The higher damage multiplier is nice, but five match with enhanced isn't easy farming either.

Urd was always a 5* unless you're talking about skuld?
nvm I read the message wrong, they just had her incorrectly listed at 6* in the last JP godfest.

I've mostly been running a team of dragons because the zombie one has 3.5x attack and I'm completely basing my team building from playing One Piece, ha.

I'll try out the team you mentioned. I've had that Kali at max for a little bit now, but can never get the materials together to evolve her. Most of the ones stuck at Lv Max are for the same reason, heh.
Are you just having bad luck with evo material drops or are the weekday dungeons themselves giving you trouble? Those typically require gimmick builds to complete.

bjork

nvm I read the message wrong, they just had her incorrectly listed at 6* in the last JP godfest.

Are you just having bad luck with evo material drops or are the weekday dungeons themselves giving you trouble? Those typically require gimmick builds to complete.

The dungeons themselves. I haven't passed the top difficulty on any of them, thus far. That applies to the dailies, the weekend one, all of the infestation ones with dragons, and I don't try the "x descended" because when I see 50 stamina I know I will probably get romped. But if I've been building a team with no cohesion, that probably explains it, heh.

Just looked at the latest Game 8 JP rankings. They created a new SS tier just for Ra Dragon. Top 2 in S tier are Shiva and Neptune Dragons while Awoken Bastet overtook Awoken Ra for fourth overall. Wonder why. Also Awoken Anubis and Awoken Yomi are below Awoken Ra. I think they ranked above him last time.

Edit: Read elsewhere that the tiers are ordered by element. So they no longer order ranks within the letter tiers.

Just looked at the latest Game 8 JP rankings. They created a new SS tier just for Ra Dragon. Top 2 in S tier are Shiva and Neptune Dragons while Awoken Bastet overtook Awoken Ra for fourth overall. Wonder why. Also Awoken Anubis and Awoken Yomi are below Awoken Ra. I think they ranked above him last time.

Is Shiva dragon ranked that high because of his farming ability? is he as good as the other gods when it comes to challenge dungeons etc?

See my edit.

Ah ok.

Still very bummed about never being able to pull a Bastet. Love the way she plays and have a great sub pool for her. Missing Ares for ShivaDragon so the sacrifices I would have to make for a less than optimal team don't seem worth it. I have great subs for Zareog and a bunch of good light subs. I real hope they do something crazy with kirin's awoken.

Ducarmel

:( I think I accidentally sold my Dark Xuanzang on my jp alt, when i was clearing out my box during the 100 mp for descend bosses last event . I ran descend carnival 9 times to get her, my Haku is just going to have to wait.

edit: descend carnival on now for me got DXuanzang on my first run, this time I favorite it.

Rixa

Blah, challenge dungeon nr 5. stage 8/10. 1 Mask & 3 pys was too much for me :/. My first attack (forgot to target py) went mostly to Mask, killed 1 py and got 2 other to about 15% hp left but I was toasted.

Edit: Since the reward is Latent Tama, prolly not bothering with new try at all.

Kyuur

Blah, challenge dungeon nr 5. stage 8/10. 1 Mask & 3 pys was too much for me :/. My first attack (forgot to target py) went mostly to Mask, killed 1 py and got 2 other to about 15% hp left but I was toasted.

Edit: Since the reward is Latent Tama, prolly not bothering with new try at all.

That setup is fairly unusual, you usually won't see more than 2 pys on a C5 run.

smbu2000

Well I've cleared up to challenge dungeon 8 on my iPhone. 9 seems pretty tough so far. I failed on Dark Fagan (stage 1) with my Kite team and then I messed up on the 2nd floor with my Ra team. I might just try doing level 10 first.

Max skilled the Artemis on my iPad. Just need some tamadras as I made her new uevo form. She will be a pretty good Zuoh sub. I just need to make my MeiMei #2 and level up/skill up my Zuoh.

Haven't really had a chance to farm for plus eggs this event. My Bastet (iPhone) needs less than 20 HP eggs to be hyper though.
PAD JP sent out a notice warning players not to upgrade yet, so maybe it only affects a few?
Has the general release version come out yet?

Anyway, that seems strange. I've been using the beta iOS 9 on my iPad for awhile now, too and I've had no problems with PAD on it. iOS 8.4 was screwing with my iPad Air 2, which is why I switched to the beta.(not PAD related) The beta version for iOS 9.1 just recently came out and I've had no problems with that either on my iPad.

I'm still using 8.4 on my 5s as I've had no reason to use the beta on it as it was working just fine.

I hope they get any problems sorted out as I have my 6s reserved and that comes with iOS9 by default.

Rixa

That setup is fairly unusual, you usually won't see more than 2 pys on a C5 run.

Thats good to know, I have 2 times tried that stage. First time I needed one stone to finish it, I wanted that Globe Dragon ;). Maybe I try again when I have excess STA.

hermit7

http://i.imgur.com/pfVhZja.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/se5MU1n.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4fjroXA.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Lkali is a great lead and sub.

I would recommend getting your Nut levelled a little and running Nut/blodin/plesios/chibi andromeda/ chibi Isis/friend nut or blodin or any of those.

J0dy77

Not sure if it was posted but if you're IOS make sure you don't upgrade until Gungho patches. They've already stated it will be delayed.

hermit7

Not sure if it was posted but if you're IOS make sure you don't upgrade until Gungho patches. They've already stated it will be delayed.

So dumb. Multi-billion dollar corporation and they can't release a patch when they have had 3 months of beta and advance time.

This is typical though from them. I know they didn't support 5.0 for about a month before they patched it.

3x normals has helped me finish off SS Isis and Verdandi. Still waiting on Gungho collab to max skill Isis, but that makes Verdandi my 3rd hypermax.

Still debating between Kagu and DKali for my next hyper.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is it even possible to get Arkham Knight or Scarecrow drops on Gotham Expert?

PADX's data seems to be outdated or severely inaccurate. Don't even know what awaits at Master level but I don't think it's worth the stamina risk for me.

FZZ

Banned
Expert drop rates are traditionally 5%

Master is bumped up to 40% difference is huge. But I haven't played through the collab yet and looking at padx it says that Joker is the final boss and Scarecrow and Arkham Knight are simply invades, which means they have a super low appearance rate.

Also does anyone play the game on the new Moto X Pure Edition (Style in Europe). The game seems to lag when looking at multiple awakenings and latent awakenings, it's super weird because it only happens on my NA account, my JP is smooth as butter. I think there might be a compatibility issue with the app and phone.

Negator

The exp/stamina for the next rotation of alt coins feels super low compared to what we have. They're probably still decent but I will probably switch to full time normal dungeons until 3x disappears.

yami4ct

Have been trying to do Challenge 7 for the last like 3 days. Skyfalls constantly screw me for Sopdet. I'll be one attack away from killing him and all of a sudden I'll skyfall 8 combo and he'll heal all the way back up. It sucks so much.

Negator

Cleared Challenge 6. No RCV dungeon is super easy with Awoken Bastet because it's so easy to combo.

I'm going to go ahead and try Challenge 7 when I have the stamina. Sopdet looks like the wall in this dungeon and if I can get her and Medjedra down it should be pretty simple.

Not sure what to do with this dark pii. Will probably just save all the ones I get for when Awoken Tsukuyomi comes to NA.

It's kind of annoying how CyberBeasts and CyberDragons aren't on PadHerder yet.

Edit: Speaking of Awoken Yomi, Do you think I have some decent subs for him/her? Haku and Okuni are locks, but there I'm having trouble with the last two slots. For now I just stuck pandoras in the team comp.

Ducarmel

Edit: Speaking of Awoken Yomi, Do you think I have some decent subs for him/her? Haku and Okuni are locks, but there I'm having trouble with the last two slots. For now I just stuck pandoras in the team comp.

Dill and Pandora are good subs for A Yomi. Dill guarantees fireworks with his skill.

Zaerog∞ and Dark Izanami, both farmable subs that are great for Yomi. I would rather have Dark Izanami over Okuni. If you don't need damage reduction or delay then another Z8 or Pandora will be fine.

Negator

Dill and Pandora are good subs for A Yomi. Dill guarantees fireworks with his skill.

Zaerog∞ and Dark Izanami, both farmable subs that are great for Yomi. I would rather have Dark Izanami over Okuni. If you don't need damage reduction or delay then another Z8 or Pandora will be fine.

Really? I thought Okuni would've be one of the best subs for Yomi, seeing as he has perfect awakenings, and has an offensive and defensive active skill. I can't imagine much surviving an 84x multiplier attack.

linsivvi

Really? I thought Okuni would've be one of the best subs for Yomi, seeing as he has perfect awakenings, and has an offensive and defensive active skill. I can't imagine much surviving an 84x multiplier attack.

Okuni is great. Izanami is also great since it protects you from crazy preempts, which is present in pretty much all top tier dungeons.

Negator

Okuni is great. Izanami is also great since it protects you from crazy preempts, which is present in pretty much all top tier dungeons.

Makes sense. By the time Awoken Yomi comes out I'm sure I'll have done a Diza side project to get one max skilled.

Cleared Challenge Dungeon 7. Failed three times, twice to Sopdet and once to Isis because my combo skills are unreliable lol. But once I got to Ra it was smooth sailing, Pop active and kill him through shield, wait out Medjed swap, pop active and nuke, Osiris, pop actives and nuke. LOL Awoken Bastet.

Looks like Challenge Dungeon 8 is a bit out of my league. I have no idea how I would get past Amon with my current leaders or without sticking Kushinada on my team and praying for 6 heart orbs.

Edit: No RCV. LOL. I'm done with the challenge dungeons.

hermit7

Ran tier 6 increased drops all day today in an effort to finish getting plus eggs for shiva.

Did pretty decent and have gotten around 50 or so over the past 2 days. Still need around 35 more before he is maxed out.

Running low on atk+ eggs so I will have to have different feed mats when that inevitably happens.

Aiming for kagu next I think, after that I am not sure leaning towards either Urd or caocao. Caocao has great attack and the rcv boost would help but urd is a more ideal leader for farming so it is a tough decision.

Fuuuuck I really hope Hathor gets a good Ult Evo.
I hope she gets better art. Her current form is a little too ridiculous :lol.

Looks like Challenge Dungeon 8 is a bit out of my league. I have no idea how I would get past Amon with my current leaders or without sticking Kushinada on my team and praying for 6 heart orbs.

Earth Dragon Swordsman as a bind clear sub?

I think most of the complaints are that his active doesn't give an enhanced orb and that he doesn't have skill lock resist which is in need for dark.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Challenge Dungeon 12 completed - was finally able to 1-stone Lvl 10 after i screwed my 2 attempts per day for the last 3 days heh. Wasnt even my best round since i wasnt able to OHKO Hera-Ur this time but i got lucky with green drops the following round and thanks to Vishnu. Very aggressive setup, more or less had to OHKO every boss till Hera otherwise i wouldnt be able to tank Zeus-Dios and would have to spend 2 stones.

I wrote earlier that Liu Bei > Vishnu in some cases...but without Vishnu you probably wont get enough orbs to take out Hera-Is and Zeis Dios with just Bastes active.

PS. Looks like Tama Retreat is back up later, hope i can get 1-2 runs in so that i can at least max awoken CaoCao lol. Also totally missed to skill him up...event was over before i realized it.

If you can clear Challenge 7 you absolutely can clear Challenge 8 with Bastet - you also have Verdandi for emergency sub. Just need one unit for Binds.

Also considering that you also use many green units the Pii would be worth a stone if needed...but you should be able to 0-stone it.

Sweet - congrats !!

How many units did you need to max skill him ? I think i needed around 30-40 for me on 2.5x skill up.

Challenge Dungeon 12 completed - was finally able to 1-stone Lvl 10 after i screwed my 2 attempts per day for the last 3 days heh. Wasnt even my best round since i wasnt able to OHKO Hera-Ur this time but i got lucky with green drops the following round and thanks to Vishnu. Very aggressive setup, more or less had to OHKO every boss till Hera otherwise i wouldnt be able to tank Zeus-Dios and would have to spend 2 stones.

I wrote earlier that Liu Bei > Vishnu in some cases...but without Vishnu you probably wont get enough orbs to take out Hera-Is and Zeis Dios with just Bastes active.
Congrats - you have such ridiculously good green sub options (3 Meimeis, Liu Bei, Vishnu, etc!)

I still haven't cleared C10 once yet. Last time I stoned on a C10 (two events ago?), I ended up dying on the last floor so I just ate the loss instead of spending multiple stones on Hera Ur.

razterik

No Master difficulty for Shadow Sprite is sad. Only two drops over a full stamina bar. I know the rates aren't any different than expert, but at least it's way faster. It's going to take all day to get a comfortable amount of fairies for my summer Pandora(s) to fuse next event.

SaintR

No Master difficulty for Shadow Sprite is sad. Only two drops over a full stamina bar. I know the rates aren't any different than expert, but at least it's way faster. It's going to take all day to get a comfortable amount of fairies for my summer Pandora(s) to fuse next event.
I'm farming gold pirates and I'm have horrible luck first with skill ups and now drops....so much trouble for a sub and I don't even have an L.kali....One skill up after 9 feeds doesn't sound that bad but drop rate makes it feel oh so bad

Top Bottom