• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

But PADX almost always lets us know first or you can check any of the dedicated forums. And GungHo EU usually has the post in advance. So what is the NA page good for exactly? They barely respond and are often late with important info.

I'm On Facebook more than anything so it just lets me know when things go live without going to other sources. It's useful to me i should have said.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Anyone interested in forming a BF triangle with my alt account after reset?

Just hypermaxed A.Ra in the alt account...and all materials prepared for Ra Dragon.

razterik

Agreed. Latest JP Challenge is pretty rough, especially with the conditionals. Sopdet absorb in no RCV, 8 mil HP Deus ex in all attribute, and Illsix hit&lock in no continue. Haven't gotten very far with my A.Shiva team.

I don't think DEM is that difficult, but thats probably because Vegitto don't care about the conditional on Challenge 8. Challenge 9 just looks like pure hell so I'm not even going to touch it.

I wish they would make some more icons to distinguish what's in your mail. I barely have any box space now because I had to open up almost 30 messages just to look for 2 dark jewels.

They just need to reorganize the way the mail title is displayed, since the jewel color tends to correspond with the element of the descended challenge boss. In JP it's not a problem because the dungeon name just barely doesn't get cut off.

hermit7

Grinding for plus eggs is so boring.

Getting a bunch of hp eggs but am missing atk and rcv ones.

Shiva will be done by the end of this event and hino is about half way through. I am recognizing the uses for plus eggs but they are a lot less rewarding for me personally than max levelling a card and getting it awoken.

Rixa

The ackward moment, when you notice that you went to wrong dungeon.

I was twiddling between Cauchemar and Diagoldos. Checking from padx whatkind of bad things will come to me in Legend difficulty.

Then I choose, I go and try Diagoldos...

The fuck <cursewords alot of them>
Somehow I chose wrongly o_O. I found myself in Cauchemar Legend :(.

No way I can win this, there goes my 50 STA

Ok, time to check again from padx whats up there.
- Clear first floor without major difficulties
- 2nd floor Shieldras are dead in a second. Pyro Demon is the pain in the ass :(
-> Get slash atk from Pyro Demon
-> HP in critical, barely manged to kill that nasty fucker
- 3rd floor managed to kill Lilith in 2 turns, good...
- 4th floor no big problems to my woodsters, killed Amon in 2 turns.
- 5th floor after preemtive, having 136 HP left and luckily I did have Verdandi & GZL skills ready -> managed to get 5 combo with 7 wood orbs...

1. I took 1st pic after my first turn, then I totally forgot that you have to do >4 combo...
2. Boom, somehow I got combo of 5. I see goldie wtf?!#
3. Droppings \o/
4. One more Greenie to me.

Screenshot_2015-09-18-12-55-33.png
Screenshot_2015-09-18-12-55-59.png

Screenshot_2015-09-18-12-57-11.png
Screenshot_2015-09-18-12-58-16.png

Thank you for reading this. I just dont know how I did it. Iam not so great PAD player...
I was so shocked that forgot to take screen caps more.

smbu2000

Agreed. Latest JP Challenge is pretty rough, especially with the conditionals. Sopdet absorb in no RCV, 8 mil HP Deus ex in all attribute, and Illsix hit&lock in no continue. Haven't gotten very far with my A.Shiva team.
Sopdet is in #7. I didn't have too much trouble with #7 with my Kite team as I can do strong attacks (64x) or light attacks 16x.

#8 was tougher and I think I messed up my first try on Noah, but cleared it the second time. After Noah it was great for me as I have Vegito on my Kite team (took out fatty metal) and then I one shot DEM. I had cleared her descend several times the other day with the same Kite team.

#9 is tough. I've only tried it a bit, but failed and that boss too. You can't one shot him and he doesn't lose that until 30% HP. When you get him under that though he hits you with a 100k plus attack. You need gravity or something to knock him below it.

I might give 10 another try if I don't mine using stones. I tried it once and didn't take out Ur (first stage) in one shot and she took me out.

I wish they had the 7x6 boards. That would make things easier against those tough bosses.

Oh and we also received our rewards for the second ranking dungeon. I was in the second tier again at 11.9%. I'm going to have to try and figure out a faster clear team besides my Vegito team.

Ducarmel

Finally

Recently got Ceres as my 150 rank gift so that is a PAD miracle, I got my first REM bind immune that can clear binds on my NA account just in time for Z8.

I know there is Aamir I can use on my devil team but I have been so lazy to farm him for skill ups.

Looks like I got a week to either finish verdandi for bastet or raise an ult beez and use Ceres on a devil team.

Nothing on descend carnival. I guess that will be saved for middle of October.

Finally got Challenge 7's goat. Went with Krishna/Shiva in the end, the damage multiplier profile for that combo is much less likely to get trolled by skyfall on Sopdet.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So how many hours until the NA stream starts...? Might watch it a bit if have time later.

Thanks man, very useful link..i was looking for something like that for tougher JP stages. I wish the Bastet team had a YT video linked to it though...i wanna "see" how he clear that stage and how many combos are needed for kills.

Wish i had Ceres...or at least could max skill Wes Jas. I have Earth Swordman( well woman) max skilled but those stats...urgh.
Not sure if you are joking, but we mean descend carnival.
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=1439

Hopefully next event we get it.

Thanks for the link - that looks way better...cant wait for it, since Tengu is needed for a couple of Awoken down the line and i got my ass handled in his own dungeon last month lol.
The ackward moment, when you notice that you went to wrong dungeon.

I was twiddling between Cauchemar and Diagoldos. Checking from padx whatkind of bad things will come to me in Legend difficulty.

Then I choose, I go and try Diagoldos...

The fuck <cursewords alot of them>
Somehow I chose wrongly o_O. I found myself in Cauchemar Legend :(.

No way I can win this, there goes my 50 STA
Nice, congrats on that clear...accidental clear are the best anyways + Boss drop How many Decs have you cleared yet...isnt that only your 2nd or so ? Because thats definitely one of the trickier ones, so you should give Athena and Co. a go if you havent already. Your team seems more or less set for right now.

Also good that you didnt chose Diagoldos...his stage was quite frustrating with my Verdandi team -.-
Finally got Challenge 7's goat. Went with Krishna/Shiva in the end, the damage multiplier profile for that combo is much less likely to get trolled by skyfall on Sopdet.

Congrats on the clear...always cool to see people using Krishna or Sara teams for clear, wish they would get more love.

Ducarmel

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

bjork

I did the chance of a lifetime thing, thinking it would be a big exp boost like it was a little while back, and instead I got some yellow trophy. Yay?

razterik

Sopdet is in #7. I didn't have too much trouble with #7 with my Kite team as I can do strong attacks (64x) or light attacks 16x.

#8 was tougher and I think I messed up my first try on Noah, but cleared it the second time. After Noah it was great for me as I have Vegito on my Kite team (took out fatty metal) and then I one shot DEM. I had cleared her descend several times the other day with the same Kite team.

#9 is tough. I've only tried it a bit, but failed and that boss too. You can't one shot him and he doesn't lose that until 30% HP. When you get him under that though he hits you with a 100k plus attack. You need gravity or something to knock him below it.

I might give 10 another try if I don't mine using stones. I tried it once and didn't take out Ur (first stage) in one shot and she took me out.

I wish they had the 7x6 boards. That would make things easier against those tough bosses.

Oh and we also received our rewards for the second ranking dungeon. I was in the second tier again at 11.9%. I'm going to have to try and figure out a faster clear team besides my Vegito team.

I know it was #7? It sucked getting past the damage absorb with easy skyfalls, but finally made it after three deaths. Ended up using an orb change and sub element damage to ding her down most of the way, smooth sailing afterwards. Should have tried something like Cosmo's Krishna/A.Shiva team.

Died to 8 twice on Freyja of all things. Kept trying to get my normal team damage when I had dropped normal hyper subs for Ronia, Ares and Baggi. Her team bind got me both times. Third attempt died to Deus since I was out of orb changes, but I ate a stone and kept going to get the Bubpy for Baggi. He really pulled the team through. Probably would have been better off with my Van Halen, but he's not leveled and unskilled because I don't want to use piis on him yet.

Will attempt 9 and possibly 10 later. Descend Challenge next means I'll get better results, thankfully. And Sowilo all week during 10x! Likely overshadowed by the Baskin Robbins finale plus egg drop madness though. Have to see some drop results.

Amazingly kept my ranking dungeon first run result inside 30% for the Bubpy. Feels like less people ran this one. Top ten result was a little different at least. Only half were the exact same whale Ilm team!

So how many hours until the NA stream starts...? Might watch it a bit if have time later.

PADX has a countdown until the NA stream under their event listings, but it's about 9 and a half hours from now. It's probably going to be a lot of thumb twiddling though since the real stuff is happening later on the JP stream.

hermit7

Hopefully the streams release something good. Verd Noah and Kirin should be shown today as well as the next awoken series.

People are assuming that because of aegir it will be Norse. I hope they get some good buffs. But honestly I wouldn't be disappointed if it were the arch demons. Their uevos are awful, and their skills translate poorly to today's meta.

jay23

Damn JP stream is at 2am I guess if I'm still awake I'll watch some of it.

NA doesn't show anything new it's mostly a summary of all the new stuff JP got this month.

Epic Drop

I'm really expecting great things for the Norse awoken evos. I know they've historically been subs, but I'd love if either Loki or I&I or Freya were made into a great lead. I've got so many good water dark and wood monsters, but I don't have a single lead from those colors that can compare to a.Shiva.

I'm expecting great things from the verdandi uvo, and since I've got five verdandi maybe I can do something silly with it.

I'd love if bsonia or gsonia got tossed a uvo out of left field. So many good memories running those leads. And they are just horrible in today's meta.

It would also be cool to start to see some split uvos for archdemon or angel 1.0, or maybe some more Egyptian 2.0 uvos.

Rixa

Nice, congrats on that clear...accidental clear are the best anyways + Boss drop How many Decs have you cleared yet...isnt that only your 2nd or so ? Because thats definitely one of the trickier ones, so you should give Athena and Co. a go if you havent already. Your team seems more or less set for right now.

Also good that you didnt chose Diagoldos...his stage was quite frustrating with my Verdandi team -.-

Humhum:

- Gimmick Hera clear in Normal Dungeons
- Gimmick Gift of the Lifetime clear (Dark Jewel)
- Brute Force Gift of the Lifetime clear (Dark Jewel)
- Todays Descend clear

So is it then first official clear, or is Hera counted as Descended nowadays?
I have thinked Athena few times, seem to be really good unit too. Any ideas where / when is her dungeon next time? Padx shows that there are multiple dungeons where Athena drops, but what should I look for them?

razterik

Her, haha. Poor Freyr.

Thanks for the BF, Quantum! Let me know here or in game if you need anything. Now I've got 5 Shiva Dragon BFs to abuse.

I wish DC collab coming back meant new things, but I think the JP side is too busy with other stuff right now. Feels like this is just to placate NA while JP cycles through a half dozen collabs this month.

Looking forward to Awoken Norse as much as anybody, I have several dupes of each if they're really good. Not expecting much beyond that because the voted ultimates are also due and likely to push the meta a little. And I wouldn't be surprised to see another pantheon or set of Godfest exclusives soon.

Ducarmel

It will be cool to see the Norse get something, I wonder how could the possibly top what they did with Yomi.

4x carnival for jp 1 and 2.0

I think its safe to say expect Kushi and U&Y split uevo to be announced.

I hope they get ultimate ultimates like Kirin. As much as I would like a different leader skill for Kushi if it means less awakenings I probably will not use it. I doubt the leader skill change will rival other combo leaders.

I'm really curious where they plan to take U&Y's split ult. Unless their new subtype is attacker, I probably won't even consider changing, as they're a big part of my SS Isis team. And the leader skill would have to be something really special if meant loosing the extra awakenings.

razterik

Argh. Perfect run of JP Challenge 9, all ready to head into Illsix with every active up. Skyfalled Angellion into oneshot rage zone. Nooooo.

Negator

Awoken Shiva is here finally! I'm also one dark jewel and one red fruit away from Awoken Kagu. I'm pretty excited to finally put this red team together.

zoku88

I finally got to make my awoken haku today. I probably won't use her until yomi comes.

Not sure if I'm going to awake my other haku. I use her for beel, but that's just a farming team.

I finally got to make my awoken haku today. I probably won't use her until yomi comes.

Not sure if I'm going to awake my other haku. I use her for beel, but that's just a farming team.
Yeah my Beelzebub team sees no use anymore, so my Haku will be awoken as soon as the descend carnival comes around.

Kyuur

Awoken Orochi soon, crap. Gotta get on those mats.

For Tengu, I'll probably use my unevolved Arcline or Delgado as a lead for a 4/4/1 healer or balanced team. Something like Arcline/LightFairy/DarkBowlDrag/LightBowlDrag/Echidna/Arcline, maybe. Can tank quite handily on master. Of course, first I'd need these dungeons to show up so I can farm these monsters!

mike23

Finished up skilling my third DKali today. I also finished up my Summer Valk on baddies the other day.

I'm in need of a metric shit-ton of tamadras to awaken the monsters in my box. I've got the DKalis, third LKali, 2 Izanami, Lu Bu, Hatsume, Summer Urd, Hermes, Anubis, Zuoh, U&Y#2, Gabriel, Artemis, Perseus #2, Da Qiao, SC Lucifer, Batmen, Durga. And that's just my unsorted short list of what I'd like to get done.

Top Bottom