• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

razterik

Z7ChVjkl.jpg

Dead. F' yo combo shield.

razterik

No way! Don't ever want to run that dungeon again (until it shows up in Descended Challenge).

Besides, second one is almost entirely superfluous. Many other subs can take that spot.

Please don't remind me that I should repeat this on my JP account...

No way! Don't ever want to run that dungeon again (until it shows up in Descended Challenge).

Besides, second one is almost entirely superfluous. Many other subs can take that spot.

Please don't remind me that I should repeat this on my JP account...

But how will you go infinite on dark skyfall rates mang

razterik

Why would I ever outside Z8's team? Easier to just orb change when necessary and use other haste party members. Which I don't have any yet in NA but whatever.

KR skill up rotation coming on the 5th. Kanna, Satsuki, Tsubaki, Kaede, Sumire, Typhon, Ilm, Zuoh, Light/Bikini Tron, Apocalypse.

Another week to farm Trifruits for Sonias? Okay!

Ended up 5/22 on Zaerog8. Not too bad. Need a few trifruits to evolve my last Zaerog mat. Then I can ult Z8 and start using him a bit. Though right now the only team he fits in is Batman.

Rixa

Dunno why I used some stones for sta refills and run this dungeon and failed many times in Legend difficulty, oh well finally stopped when I got Chibi GZL which actually happened to be my second clear.

Rixa

Padx informs that next God Fest is

Padx said:
Three Kingdoms, Sengoku General are descending upon the REM with DOUBLE chance to drop

Note: Day 1, 4x GFE, 2x Pantheons

Since Iam in need of gods and not particularly after "just one" going to spend my stones here. For those that are after 3K or SG gods its not good day to roll due to that 4x GFE, but for me it is \o/.

Expecting to get 11 pulls of crap.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Didnt have much time to play this weekend between work and sport activities.... was able to try Z8 yesterday before it ended. Failed my first attempt on floor 9 because i didnt combo hard enough...and for some reason i brought along Kushi because i remember most Bastets team bringing along Kushi or A.Susanoo. I checked the Desc Description again and couldnt really figure out where you could or would need to use a defensive active.

Change my squad to Vishnu/A.Mei/A.Mei/Pers and cleared it without an issue on my 2nd attempt. After that i cleared it twice more before going to sleep. Just now i saw how much exp you get from the stage :eek:

Good to have the confirmation that i could farm him if i needed to.

PS. DC Universe Collab is back - o should use it to skill up Chester, Beast Rider and Sharon a bit.
Dead. F' yo combo shield.
Wow already max skilled, congrats man :eek:
Dunno why I used some stones for sta refills and run this dungeon and failed many times in Legend difficulty, oh well finally stopped when I got Chibi GZL which actually happened to be my second clear.
Bravo Sir, thats one of the tougher Descs. Max skilling GZL will be helpful if you tackle harder content with Verdandi since you will be able to use his active at the beginning and end of a stage.

Okay thats a cool upgrade...Urd/Shiva have their own "Liu Bei" now for everyone who cant or wont invest in A.Kagu xD

scottnak

Bravo Sir, thats one of the tougher Descs. Max skilling GZL will be helpful if you tackle harder content with Verdandi since you will be able to use his active at the beginning and end of a stage.
I *just* cleared it for the first time right now. It's a toughie! D:

Okay thats a cool upgrade...Urd/Shiva have their own "Liu Bei" now for everyone who cant or wont invest in A.Kagu xD

Guess it's time to brush the dust off on him

Rixa

Uh didnt know that o_O.
Its so easy to fumble in there, one wrong move and youre basically done. Got 2 clears there this time, my first run (boss dropped, no chibi GZL drop) and last try (that pic).

So is that dungeon with chibi GZL the way to skill "real" GZL?

Giard

I've done the Dark Cat dungeon on various difficulties four times now, and I haven't seen a single Nephthys skillup. I don't know if it's my bad luck, or if PADX is wrong and it's an invader.

linsivvi

I've done the Dark Cat dungeon on various difficulties four times now, and I haven't seen a single Nephthys skillup. I don't know if it's my bad luck, or if PADX is wrong and it's an invader.
It's not an invade but it has a rare appearance rate.

razterik

E2 skill ups are rare appearances. Not as bad as invades, but they aren't common either. Good luck.

Didnt have much time to play this weekend between work and sport activities.... was able to try Z8 yesterday before it ended. Failed my first attempt on floor 9 because i didnt combo hard enough...and for some reason i brought along Kushi because i remember most Bastets team bringing along Kushi or A.Susanoo. I checked the Desc Description again and couldnt really figure out where you could or would need to use a defensive active.

Change my squad to Vishnu/A.Mei/A.Mei/Pers and cleared it without an issue on my 2nd attempt. After that i cleared it twice more before going to sleep. Just now i saw how much exp you get from the stage :eek:

Good to have the confirmation that i could farm him if i needed to.

Wow already max skilled, congrats man :eek:

Thanks! Aside from the dungeon being horribly annoying to run consecutively, it wasn't too bad except a 0/18 streak near the end. Then 3/4 to finish. Wasn't sure I'd get it done since my Minerva team was slow and tanky.

Kushi or A.Susano are probably used to give the team an extra turn or so on the last boss since he oneshots most teams. Bastet has an advantage since she can inherently bait Z8's buff clear first turn so he doesn't bind.

Maybe spend some time on DC to remax my Beast Riders. Not a lot else on offer there. Never rolled the REM and won't without new ultimates.

3k/Sengoku is fantastic pairing for my box. 2x pantheon and 4x exclusives is a huge trap, though. You end up with lots of carnival rolls because the combined featured rate is pretty low.

Kyuur

Wow @ Set, he's a monster now. Truthfully I would prefer him to Osiris cause I can't combo worth shit.

Did a yolo pull for Aquaman, only enough stones for one pull...

Praise Neptune! My physical U&Y team ready to go now, just need to finish evolving/leveling/awakening. God U&Y might happen if I were to pull Famiel/Blodin/Muse, but this will do for now. Awoken Orochi should be able to deal out enough damage anyways, even without the boost from super ult!

Azusa

I'm trying to return after a months or so mindless logging in. My box is huge and I'm in process of revising all my monsters and try to come up with a new team.

I have awoken Ra team but I cant activate him most of the times. Usually I fail 50 sta dungeon run because of this. When I'm in the right mood and there are orbs on the board everything is fine but that is so rare. Maybe when I roll DKali I'll consider to use him again.

Here is my current box @padherder. Could anyone look at it quickly and just give me an idea of non strict combo teams like Ra but strong enough for current endgame. Personally I want to build Bastet team but I don't know if I have enough green subs to do it.

Hey guys, pretty new here, just beat Castle of Satan. I was wondering if I should pull from the DC REM or wait for the next Godfest? I'm having some real trouble with the dungeon after Castle of Satan.

seady

Padx informs that next God Fest is

Since Iam in need of gods and not particularly after "just one" going to spend my stones here. For those that are after 3K or SG gods its not good day to roll due to that 4x GFE, but for me it is \o/.

Expecting to get 11 pulls of crap.

Only double chance for those gods? I thought God Fes usually 3x chance...

Kyuur

I'm trying to return after a months or so mindless logging in. My box is huge and I'm in process of revising all my monsters and try to come up with a new team.

I have awoken Ra team but I cant activate him most of the times. Usually I fail 50 sta dungeon run because of this. When I'm in the right mood and there are orbs on the board everything is fine but that is so rare. Maybe when I roll DKali I'll consider to use him again.

Here is my current box @padherder. Could anyone look at it quickly and just give me an idea of non strict combo teams like Ra but strong enough for current endgame. Personally I want to build Bastet team but I don't know if I have enough green subs to do it.

Awoken Shiva seems to be pretty popular right now, pretty lenient with combos starting at 4 and a baseline attack boost. Not sure you really have the subs for it though.

Bastet is the only other one I can see. Iirc Verdandi, Mei Mei and Susano are all good subs but you are missing some key triple TPA monsters (Liu Bei or Vishnu). 3K coming up though, could try your luck!

Hey guys, pretty new here, just beat Castle of Satan. I was wondering if I should pull from the DC REM or wait for the next Godfest? I'm having some real trouble with the dungeon after Castle of Satan.

Definitely wait for Godfest. Whats your current team/box look like?

seady

Collaboration's chance of getting gold egg is usually low. And the gold egg coming fom collab are usually average-tier compare to the gold eggs from PAD's own monsters.

So unless you love the collaboration I would suggest you to go with God Fes.

Definitely wait for Godfest. Whats your current team/box look like?

My current team is Batman w Batarang as leader, Tyrannos, incarnation of Suzuki Leilan, topaz carbunkle, and a dub-mythlit. I have a devil dragon, low wood ninja, echidna, and susano chilling in my box. Susano can't fit on my team with Leilan.

razterik

DC REM is for filling very specific holes in your teams or if you really like the characters. Only gold egg Superman is worth much and the rest is a poor use of stones.

Next Godfest is special event, boosted chance of Godfest exclusives at expense of the featured pantheons being slightly reduced. It's a bit easier to roll the rarer cards which many aim for, but I think the overall quality of pulls is a bit worse than usual.

hermit7

Set is a beast. Happy that I have one Levelled and partly skilled. I need 2 more though I may just pop some red piis on him. All my awoken red gods are max skilled already, and I really don't have anyone that requires them. Especially if Freyr trunk out to be like the other Norse gods.

razterik

New JP update. Shiva Dragon rotating back in. Dungeon switch button returned, thank the maker, that was such a dumb change.

Also...

Awoken Norse buff announced.

Months to prepare new Awokens and they still end up having to fix them after release.

Your Bastet subs are at least as good as mine, so you should definitely pursue that. I typically run Verd, Meimei, GZL, and CuChu/Artemis/Izanami. Awoken Susano will be a great defense option for you, so you should be OK. Certainly Legend+ capable, and generally I can handle up to Challenge 9.

Rixa

Months to prepare new Awokens and they still end up having to fix them after release.

So they didnt think it at all? To give kinda lousy buff and then take the backslash of players and then buff more.

Do they use brains or just toss dices to determine if its miss or critical miss...

Kyuur

What buffs would you guys like to see for Awoken Norse? I don't really think they need anything too crazy:

As subs, I'd like to see them given 2 turn haste instead of 1 and their CD brought down to 9 to match the original.

As leaders, I'd like to see them brought on par with Ronia ultimate (3x attack, either inate or combo bonus).

hermit7

New JP update. Shiva Dragon rotating back in. Dungeon switch button returned, thank the maker, that was such a dumb change.

Also...

Where did you see the Awoken Norse buff announcement?

I hope maybe that they do 2.5 or even 3x atk for 1 turn and haste. Let's be honest the bubbles had 3x for devils etc. While creuse had better stats for 2x.

3x and haste would make them significantly better because it element type but they are awoken gods so it doesn't seem that far out of reach and at 12 turns or so it is an end dungeon thing only so with perseverance and other mechanics it wouldn't be overpowered anyways.

Jagernaut

So who's spending all their stones trying to get D.Kali this godfest? 4x GFE would be the best time to do so.

I want either Kali to make my Awoken Ra team viable for hard dungeons since I don't have any. I also want Kanna and Satsuki.

Edit. And Urd for my fire teams.

razterik

Where did you see the Awoken Norse buff announcement?

Here.

Anyone thinking the haste gets increased is crazy. Shiva Dragon only gets two turn haste at 12 countdown and he's a more expensive card.

Best I hope for is switching stat awakenings to something useful, a slight cooldown reduction and maybe a minor boost to leader skill damage, probably behind a combo wall or x number color matches.

hermit7

Here.

Anyone thinking the haste gets increased is crazy. Shiva Dragon only gets two turn haste at 12 countdown and he's a more expensive card.

Best I hope for is switching stat awakenings to something useful, a slight cooldown reduction and maybe a minor boost to leader skill damage, probably behind a combo wall or x number color matches.

Yeah I guess we will see what they feel the biggest needed change is. My issue is that these types of damage enhancers is redundant on a lot of teams considering that all of the Egyptian gods have 1.5 or 2x already when a skill is used so there is little use to add in an extra 2x. And the cool down is so long that you can only use the skill once.

The fact however that more dungeons have switched to 5 or 7 floors has made this easier to accept I think though because most skills are only used one time per dungeon.

I was reading up on Set and some of the teams that he has available, and I think that leads that create orbs need a lower leader skill threshold because if the team is balanced then they have up to 6 orb changers so they trade consistency for burst. If leading with 2 Shiva or Bastet then you can only have a max of 4 orb changers. Ra is similar in this regard.

Kyuur

Here.

I mean, two of the new pantheon guys have 2 turn haste at 13/14 turns with orb changer and they don't even have an ultimates yet. I don't think its that much of a stretch.

Negator

I'm just hoping I can pull an Urd. A new dragoncaller would be nice but I'd be happy with the Urd.

Also Lol Bei but I feel like I will never get him.

Are dupe 3k any good? I wouldn't mind a dupe Cao Cao but a dupe Lu Bu feels like literally the worst thing in the world.

Top Bottom