• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Kyuur

Commercial could have been much worse. They could have had Kate Upton dressed up as Hera.
Would probably actually be 10x as effective.

The 5x4 dungeons are so relaxing to play. No stress at all, but that could also be due to how easy there are. Are there any descends up and coming that use the reduced board?

Negator

This commercial is total bullshit.

Have you ever tried to play phone games in a subway? You don't get signal down there!

The 5x4 dungeons are so relaxing to play. No stress at all, but that could also be due to how easy there are. Are there any descends up and coming that use the reduced board?

I know there are some descends that get converted later on. I remember seeing Thoth and Sopdet Descended on a 4x5 board somewhere. Won't Sopdet be fun?

mike23

18 rolls in the DC Collab. Got everything but Supergirl. I was mainly hoping for Superman, so I'm done rolling.

Max skilled a Lu Bu and a SQ from the dragon knight techs. SQ sucked, I went 2 for 15 or so.

Jagernaut

Official Godfest info:

12087036_1146499338711990_8658308864528704443_o.jpg

12000915_1146499425378648_7349807954835876406_o.jpg

Day 1 for me since I already have 3 Ares, 2 Hermes, 2 Apollo, and 1 Persephone.

Haven't played this game in forever. Is red Sonia still high tier?

The times have changed, by leaps and bounds. Juggler has blessed upon us a new age of power creep and with it a ton of new leaders that are easily capable of reach 6+ million damage per monster exist. A new age where dealing too much damage is going to kill you, where the board can expand to 6x7 or shrink to 4x5. It is a land where rows aren't the law of the land but two-prong attacks instead. It's where you sell your excess monsters for MP and make the mistake of spending those points on new latent awakenings because you didn't know any better.

It's a brave new world out there.
A.Sakuya killed the L.meta.

hermit7

May roll on day 2 for the GFE but honestly I have most of the cards available on both days.

Would like a couple of the new Dragon callers but don't have a specific desire for them. Already have enough cards that I am working on.

I think I have decided to use tengu on susano so that I can use his damage reduction and beastly awakenings for Bastet over yomi whom I need to put a lot of work into. Additionally I need descend carnival to come out for xuangzang and tengu anyways.

Rixa

Tiltnkirby nice poem ;), yet so true.

Going to roll on day 1. I only hope that I dont pull my 3rd Zuoh, otherwise dupes are ok.

quin

TsukuYomi Dragon is getting its update. One bind resist awakening😅

After playing around with it for a bit, its flaws are glaring.
The biggest being its active ability. It randomly creates four dark and four heal orbs. This sounds great and all, but you aren't guaranteed a plus orb. This alone makes it unreliable and a terrible leader.
Neither the awakenings nor the 1.5x to God type monsters makes any sense either.

Stay away from this one...

Rixa

Iam after the stone from this dungeon, but obviously this was good run as drop wise.
Darkseid when evoed seems to be card I can use at some point. What about others, keep them or sell / use as skill fodder?

Banshee -> Sell (dont have units to skill)?
Lex Luthor -> Should I use it to Dill Sirius?
Domsday -> Feed it to Beach Cafe Waitress?

smbu2000

Well I couldn't resist the allure of the Attack on Titan collab, so I bought a 30 pack of stones for it. On my 3rd pull I got...

Levi! Yes, he was the one I was aiming for! I'm very happy about getting him. His active is like Kite's except different colors for his board change, Fire/Water/Light/Dark/Hearts and a 1 turn cooldown reduction (max 11 turns)
His leader skill gives 4x attack for matching 4 colors (not including hearts) and he gives Attacker/Machine type characters ATK 1.3x and RCV 1.3x. (5.2x effective or 27x with a friend and almost 1.7x RCV) Slightly higher attack (and RCV) than Vegito, although he can't use hearts.

He will be a great sub for LKali as he creates all of her colors including hearts and he covers dark. (I do wish he had a different color as well instead of dark/dark considering he already has an uevo.) I can also use him on my Kite team as his awakenings are okay. (2xTPA, 2xSB and 1 time extend)

Anyway, I'm very happy I was able to get him and I'm going to be running the AoT collab. dungeon a lot to try and get skill up photos for him.
I was wondering who I was going to 297 next and now I'm sure it's going to be Levi. I have just over 100 left over from my Sowilo runs last weekend (after I finished off Yomi), which is a good start.

This commercial is total bullshit.

Have you ever tried to play phone games in a subway? You don't get signal down there!
Well that depends on where you live. Here in Japan, there is excellent cellular coverage in the subway. I never have a problem using my phone (or iPad) when riding on it. It's been that way for a few years now.

Quantum

Commercial could have been much worse. They could have had Kate Hudson dressed up as Hera.
Would probably actually be 10x as effective.

was going to say - in what world would that be worse?

as it is, I've seen both the short and long versions - and they are both terrible.

they show the game for less than 1 second, looks like a pvp match between subway riders, total terrible mortal combat movie vibe.

oh well, no one ever said gungho understands american gamers

also upton <> hudson, unless you were serious.

Kyuur

was going to say - in what world would that be worse?

as it is, I've seen both the short and long versions - and they are both terrible.

they show the game for less than 1 second, looks like a pvp match between subway riders, total terrible mortal combat movie vibe.

oh well, no one ever said gungho understands american gamers

also upton <> hudson, unless you were serious.

Oops, I mean Upton. Edit'd.

I don't think most successful F2P games that have ads really show gameplay. They could have went the CG (or cosplay) route but I feel that wouldn't have done much to pull in the general public, who are probably what they're going for.

But hey, I know nothing about marketing. :p

StMeph

It's been so long, what IS the current meta? Kind of tempted to come back and check out all the stuff I've missed. Still have PAD installed, but can't say I've even kept up with daily logins for the giveaways. :<

It's been so long, what IS the current meta? Kind of tempted to come back and check out all the stuff I've missed. Still have PAD installed, but can't say I've even kept up with daily logins for the giveaways. :<

Depends when you stopped. Awakened Egyptians are pretty much the meta together with Shiva Dragon and Awakened Shiva.

Awakened Yomi is coming and that's pretty much guaranteed to be a part of the meta too.

smbu2000

TsukuYomi Dragon is getting its update. One bind resist awakening&#128517;

After playing around with it for a bit, its flaws are glaring.
The biggest being its active ability. It randomly creates four dark and four heal orbs. This sounds great and all, but you aren't guaranteed a plus orb. This alone makes it unreliable and a terrible leader.
Neither the awakenings nor the 1.5x to God type monsters makes any sense either.

Stay away from this one...
IDK, it seems pretty strong especially since you only need to connect 5 orbs (with at least 1 enhanced) to make your 36x attack with a friend. Especially in something like those 5x4 dungeons with a small board. Like this...

Izanami coin dungeon 5x4 board Legend Plus difficulty

StMeph

Depends when you stopped. Awakened Egyptians are pretty much the meta together with Shiva Dragon and Awakened Shiva.

Awakened Yomi is coming and that's pretty much guaranteed to be a part of the meta too.

I don't even remember what the last event was when I played. There looks like a bunch of new Awakening and Skill Up materials, as well as way more generous skill-up/XP processes, but I still need a bunch of XP/materials from before.

From the other stuff I've looked at/read today, it looks like the most immediately useful is L. Kali, and I need to re-ult evo Horus and Kirin.

My Box said:

I still don't have a +297. o_o

linsivvi

I don't even remember what the last event was when I played. There looks like a bunch of new Awakening and Skill Up materials, as well as way more generous skill-up/XP processes, but I still need a bunch of XP/materials from before.

From the other stuff I've looked at/read today, it looks like the most immediately useful is L. Kali, and I need to re-ult evo Horus and Kirin.

I still don't have a +297. o_o

Hold off on Kirin because she'll get an alternative path to her Awoken form.

Jagernaut

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=2325

I'm not sure I understand how her leader skill works.

If you match 5 orbs of the same color (and at least 1 orb is enhanced) and you have that color on your team (even sub colors) you will get 9x atk for just that color with double Awoken Yomi leaders.

There is a separate multiplier for getting 6 (2x atk per Yomi) or 7 (2.5x atk per Yomi) combos. The maximum multiplier for meeting both conditions is 3 x 2.5 = 7.5x atk per Yomi. That's 56.25x atk for a double Yomi team.

You want to use dark orb changers for maximum power. Preferably with haste.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So i finished Challenges Level 1-9, with only 10 left but i dont know if should bother with it. A single attempts already means a stone spend because of Heras Pre-emptive, the rest seems to be okay until Hera&Zeus at the end where you could end up spending multiple stones for the clear.

Whats the easiest way to kill Hera&Zeus ? Their skill description and attack pattern is kinda irritating... is it completely random or when do they use their bind moves ?
From what im reading the best way would be to damage them into 40-50% HP on your first move and kill on the 2nd move.

Also saw some A. Sakuya videos and she seems really great - i will have to max skill LKali and the Invade Angel now. Fun times ahead....heh.

PS. Didnt bother farming Amitaka so i will probably be pissed if he ends up getting a kick ass UEvo. Then again i have Perseus and Michael...doubt they can or will make him better than both of them.
Thanks! Aside from the dungeon being horribly annoying to run consecutively, it wasn't too bad except a 0/18 streak near the end. Then 3/4 to finish. Wasn't sure I'd get it done since my Minerva team was slow and tanky.

Kushi or A.Susano are probably used to give the team an extra turn or so on the last boss since he oneshots most teams. Bastet has an advantage since she can inherently bait Z8's buff clear first turn so he doesn't bind.
Heh...okay you are right about the OHKO possibility but you would think that if the teams include Bastet/Vishnu they would time their actives around that last stage. Well, just glad that i replaced Kushi asap before wasting more attempts with her xD
Uh didnt know that o_O.
Its so easy to fumble in there, one wrong move and youre basically done. Got 2 clears there this time, my first run (boss dropped, no chibi GZL drop) and last try (that pic).

So is that dungeon with chibi GZL the way to skill "real" GZL?
Exactly - since you already have the "real" GZL you probbaly wont need the chibi versions and can use them as skill up units. We had Green Sacred Masks as GZL skill ups a while ago but i dont expect them to skill him up again in the future.
Look who I found:
Congrats - thats a long time.
Thought it passes fast - i just hit 400 and got my 10 stones for it, doesnt felt that long.
Official Godfest info:
Day 1 for me since I already have 3 Ares, 2 Hermes, 2 Apollo, and 1 Persephone.
I am interested in the GFE - Skuld, DKali, Zuoh, Kaede, Kanna and Satsuki. As well as Ishida Mitsunari.... 4x sounds great but i havent had luck pulling the more rare GFE so far and i doubt it will change this time. Also Fire Gala is a disadvantage for me - Green Gala would at least increase the possibility of getting Ceres or Osiris.

btw. Can you still pull cards like Mini Valk or Mini Ronia right now or are they exclusive to Special Gacha Events ?
Well I couldn't resist the allure of the Attack on Titan collab, so I bought a 30 pack of stones for it. On my 3rd pull I got...

Levi! Yes, he was the one I was aiming for! I'm very happy about getting him. His active is like Kite's except different colors for his board change, Fire/Water/Light/Dark/Hearts and a 1 turn cooldown reduction (max 11 turns)
His leader skill gives 4x attack for matching 4 colors (not including hearts) and he gives Attacker/Machine type characters ATK 1.3x and RCV 1.3x. (5.2x effective or 27x with a friend and almost 1.7x RCV) Slightly higher attack (and RCV) than Vegito, although he can't use hearts.
Heh man this is too funny...i knew when they unveiled the AoT cards and Levy be one of them that i will sooner or later read a post from you about how you just pulled him. Congrats xD

You are a cruel reminder of all those great collaborations we will never get :-D
Getting him with only 3 pulls is amazing though especially since he has a place in multiple of your teams.

cw_sasuke

The amount of rolls I would have to do tomorrow and then sell for him.. No I won't be buying him.

Mega Ultra Chicken all the way.

Do you have 2 D.Kalis ? If so Chicken seems like the right choice indeed.

Especially since we dont have many whales i dont see many people getting 300k MP Dragons besides Shiva and Chicken.

I've heard he's great in JP, but I never pay attention to blue stuff in NA because we don't have Baggi. Would he be worth using without Baggi? I'd definitely consider it.

I have enough MP for a dragon, but I don't really want to dive in on any of them. Odin and Yomi seem kind of garbage. I don't have the D Kalis for Chicken Dragon or the Ares for Shiva Dragon (though maybe that will change this godfest). Neptune might be neat, but I really don't know much about him, other than tons of rows.

cw_sasuke

I've heard he's great in JP, but I never pay attention to blue stuff in NA because we don't have Baggi. Would he be worth using without Baggi? I'd definitely consider it.

I have enough MP for a dragon, but I don't really want to dive in on any of them. Odin and Yomi seem kind of garbage. I don't have the D Kalis for Chicken Dragon or the Ares for Shiva Dragon (though maybe that will change this godfest). Neptune might be neat, but I really don't know much about him, other than tons of rows.

Exactly - from what i have read Neptune is like Andromeda on steroids but i doubt he would be a real game changer like Shiva/Chicken. And even so 300k MP is a one time investment for moist players so it only makes sense if already have all the perfect subs and know the investment will improve your PaD experience in a mayor way.

I would love to get Odin Dragon but he is too expensive and i would cry if i would pull Ceres after that lol.

I know I shouldn't have, but I rolled the DC rem since I skipped it last time. I pulled Aquaman, who was my most wanted silver. I have some solid blue physical monsters (Blodin, Blonia, U&Y, Orochi) so hopefully I can put him to use in some capacity. Sucks that he needs piis to skill up though.

hermit7

Are they know making the 5 God dragons?

I was under the impression that they would be making more so I didn't get Shiva.

Oh well they will rotate again so I am not too concerned. Will definitely not get Ra though as I have no Dkali.

hermit7

Is Claire even worth 300k mp? I only have 183k now after 980 days and will probably buy Shiva Dragon once I hit 300k.

Pretty much a premier dark sub but personally I can't justify it after already having regular dvalk.

She also has 3x atk for devils so she can replace ronia as a dark devil leader if you choose to use her for that.

Personally I would only want her for her sbr which I am valuing more and more.

Real question is with the release of Awoken sakuya what the role of ama is for healers. She has a heal but the gravity may more useful on such dungeons as kaliseum

So when completing challenge dungeons, you only get the reward one time right? The one that is sent to your message box thing?

Or can I do the challenge over and over to pick up the same thing over and over?

Jagernaut

The rewards are only given out once. If it's a descend challenge you can repeat it for dungeon drops but the regular challenge dungeons have no drops.

razterik

Is Claire even worth 300k mp? I only have 183k now after 980 days and will probably buy Shiva Dragon once I hit 300k.

More worth than Odin Dragon and probably Yomi Dragon. Not better than Shiva/Ra or Neptune if you have developed blues.

Never had the luck to pull normal Dark Valk, so this seemed like a godsend for my dark box. And then it was cruelly ripped away.

hermit7

Well I have all the mats ready for awoken susano whenever that comes out. Need to evo susano himself, but then all will be set.

Probably will prioritize piis for.him over any other green subs so that I can get that sweet damage reduction. Alongside his 2 tpa will provide major damage boost over kush who I am presently using for damage reduction. His two skull boosts will help ensure that skills are up sooner as well.

I think he will be a premier Bastet sub when he is needed.

Negator

I was grinding through the early game of pad with my alt account. Easily the worst part of the game.

Then I remembered I had Awoken Hinokagutsuchi, and set him as my friend slot and just grinded the crap out of the early dungeons. Got to rank 30 which allowed me to do the 200k experience thing, instantly shot up to rank 49. pretty neat.

yami4ct

JP Godfest pulls mostly not great. Got Nep (eh), Mistrain (troll troll), Hathor (Cool), Loki (fine), and the blue cyberdragon.

I did realize with the new Kirin evo, I have a new best team to work towards. Was thinking my panda was going to be my best, but I think going Awoken Kirin is better long term. Thinking Kirin/L.Kali/L.Kali/Verche (to be replaced with Ilya when possible)/Susano/Kirin. Can't decide if L. Valk will be better than Susano for most occasions or not, though. Probably go Valk normally and sub in Sus when needed.

Rixa

Alt rolled 3 times on EU GF, got Freyr, Ronia (dupe), Sleeping Beauty (dupe). In few hours its time roll with main account.

yami4ct

NA GF Pulls: Blue Valk (Can never be unhappy bout a Valk), Water Dragon Knight (Grr), ANOTHER Dragon Shogun (dammit!) and Fuma Kotaro. I would've been so excited for Fuma had I not pulled Ra the last PCGF. As it stands, I'll make an L. Kali team with him, but his time is sort of past.

Not one featured god or 4x GFE. Dammit RNG.

Top Bottom