• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Guess this would be the Godfest to pull if i want to get Yomi? Or are there Godfests where she has a higher chance of dropping?
Your odds of getting specifically Yomi isn't greater (might be a little worse, depending on whether double pantheons return). But your consolation prizes are likely to be pretty good since most of the gods at 3x rates are great.

yami4ct

Godfest choices are pretty expected, but decent. The one I really, really want, Ronia's, there so I'm good. Wouldn't say no to Pandora, any of the 3K Gods or D.Tron either.

Some of the typical gods I don't want, but always make it are there still, of course. Don't think we need all 3 Odins, for instance. Ama and Luci probably would be booby prizes as well (especially since I have an Ama already). Only one I'd probably add would be Venus, so I guess the lineup's pretty great as is. Can't wait.

Noaloha

No DQXQ on a playervote GF is mindboggling.

Question!

With enhancement skills, the description says that [element] attribute cards get a multiplier to ATK.

Example, Thor:
Name: Light Enhancement
Effect: Inflict Light damage equal to ATK x30 to 1 enemy. Affected by enemy element and defense. Light attribute cards ATK x1.5 for 3 turns.

I'm not 100% sure how that functions in the game with regard to sub-elements. Would the above skill also boost the main element attack of a Fire/Light monster? The description says the card gets the boost (as long as the card is light attribute), rather than specifying the element getting the boost, so I'm thinking the multiplier would apply to both elements' ATK on a sub-light card. Anyone confirm/deny?

razterik

Description is wrong (why is this still not fixed...). Only light damage will be boosted, not any other damage from the card. So on a fire/light, the sub element will produce extra damage, but the main element will be unaffected. This is applies to all element enhancement active skills.

Noaloha

Description is wrong (why is this still not fixed...). Only light damage will be boosted, not any other damage from the card. So on a fire/light, the sub element will produce extra damage, but the main element will be unaffected. This is applies to all element enhancement active skills.

Balls, ha. Thanks for answering.

The only monsters of note on my account so far are F/L Leilan and two Thors and I was wondering if both Thors would eventually have a place in her team (after the lengthy teamcost grind). Nope! Guess I can side-project a Thor team with 2nd Thor and F/L Leilan as subs though.

am_dragon

Your odds of getting specifically Yomi isn't greater (might be a little worse, depending on whether double pantheons return). But your consolation prizes are likely to be pretty good since most of the gods at 3x rates are great.

Yeah, or you could be like me, I pulled 80 stones worth during the last players choice and got 5 Yomi.

Was so awestruck by GZL's upgrade yesterday that I failed to notice that Blue Odin (and Red Odin) finally got their leader skill upgrades too. 1.5x HP and 2.5x ATK for water AND god monsters.

smbu2000

Today I cleared the Friday dungeon for the first time on both my iPhone and iPad.(hadn't tried it before today) I continued once (made a mistake on stage 3) on my main one and died once and cleared it the second time on my iPad. Both were using LMeta healing parties. I wanted Angelits, but I got Devilits on both tries. -_-

Will try again next week.

My main LMeta is one off from max skill.m10 more Lchasers I need to evolve...

Was so awestruck by GZL's upgrade yesterday that I failed to notice that Blue Odin (and Red Odin) finally got their leader skill upgrades too. 1.5x HP and 2.5x ATK for water AND god monsters.
Well they were already at 2.5x atk for water (or fire if Rodin) and gods. It was just the HP bonus that was added as well.

im really torn on evoing D meta, besides getting the material which i still struggle to get (ancient mask and the fucking chinese orb) goddamit. really hate losing all my skill ups and the light sub damage was nice.
It's tough losing the skill ups you've already picked up, but I think the change is worth it. Her new skill is basically like Hera Sowilo's except with dark drops (1 turn, 35% damage reduction and enhance dark drops) except it starts at 10 and goes down to 7 turns. (Sowilo starts at 20 and goes to 7) You also get a 300HP and 50ATK boost in addition to another skill boost awakening. Not to mention the Lskill including both atk types and Gods. A definite upgrade. Losing the light sub is tough, but she already has two bind resist awakenings so she will resist binds. (My AA Lucifer was getting bound a lot more after I ult. him.)

Kens giro' swill probably be called the hyakuretsu ken. Musou tensei would be good for his Lskill. I'm hoping there'll be at least three Gold: Kenshiro, Raoh and Toki.

Well they were already at 2.5x atk for water (or fire if Rodin) and gods. It was just the HP bonus that was added as well.
It's that hp bonus I'm glad to see; it makes an already beefy monster that much beefier, and turns an ok in a pinch leader into a much more capable leader for a blue-phys team. Plus it seems very versatile with the god bonus, allowing you to sub in gods as needed.

That hp bonus...

colinp

Banned
Running a team of Marvelous Ronia's (minus my Lucifer leader of course, maybe one day I'll have you Ronia!) in team challenge dungeons is craaaaaaazy.

Hige

Running a team of Marvelous Ronia's (minus my Lucifer leader of course, maybe one day I'll have you Ronia!) in team challenge dungeons is craaaaaaazy.
I'm assuming one of those is me? I started collecting the evo mats when they were announced for the JP version so I could evolve her ASAP. I love her ultimate evo more than I thought I would! That time extend and combo boost is so good.

Galang

Banned
I'm really in love with the new valk evolutions. I've run a blue valk lead healer team since the beginning so I'm really hyped for this update. I have a few good unused gods from REM pulls I've never used because I can't seem to break away from using healers even though I'd have an easier time if I worked on some of my other monsters. I find I still fair pretty well running my healer team, but the addition of the god boost to the leader skill will allow me to add a lot of diversity to my teams. I also have a teams with valk leads with all the other colors, but blue and light are the ones I use the most. Shame about the light valkyrie being gimped tho..

I really wish I had Sun Quan to round out my team. I've spent more than I care to admit and I've never managed to pull him... maybe tonight will be the night. The new evolutions have me hyped up enough to try again..

Rekwest

I'm really in love with the new valk evolutions. I've run a blue valk lead healer team since the beginning so I'm really hyped for this update. I have a few good unused gods from REM pulls I've never used because I can't seem to break away from using healers even though I'd have an easier time if I worked on some of my other monsters. I find I still fair pretty well running my healer team, but the addition of the god boost to the leader skill will allow me to add a lot of diversity to my teams. I also have a teams with valk leads with all the other colors, but blue and light are the ones I use the most. Shame about the light valkyrie being gimped tho..

I really wish I had Sun Quan to round out my team. I've spent more than I care to admit and I've never managed to pull him... maybe tonight will be the night. The new evolutions have me hyped up enough to try again..

Me too ADD me: 341 146 224

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The Good:

Zhuge is an amazing leader, even though i dont have can add mayor subs because of the costs limit right now ( Hell i have the Green Dragon Fruit as a sub right now lol ). Hell he ist still on Lvl 1, without Awakenings and i love him already. Damage is just ridiculous, especially when combined with some Gaffers on my list.

Will be difficult going back and forth between this team and U&Y.

Also got the Snow Globe Wood Dragon Present - very nice. Wouldnt have known about it if it werent for PAD Guide.

The Bad:

I really think i need to upgrade my resolve team or find a way to farm the Friday 25 stamina dungeon better. How much dmg is needed to break there defense anyway ?

Also am trying to "farm" Siren as a healer for my U&Y team on Polar Night Tower// Banquet of Temptation but for some reason i think this will take forever ....lol. But at least i get around 2K exp for 9 stamina.

Jagernaut

The Good:

Zhuge is an amazing leader, even though i dont have can add mayor subs because of the costs limit right now ( Hell i have the Green Dragon Fruit as a sub right now lol ). Hell he ist still on Lvl 1, without Awakenings and i love him already. Damage is just ridiculous, especially when combined with some Gaffers on my list.

Also got the Snow Globe Wood Dragon Present - very nice. Wouldnt have known about it if it werent for PAD Guide.

The Bad:

I really think i need to upgrade my resolve team or find a way to farm the Friday 25 stamina dungeon better. How much dmg is needed to break there defense anyway ?

Also am trying to "farm" Siren as a healer for my U&Y team on Polar Night Tower// Banquet of Temptation but for some reason i think this will take forever ....lol. But at least i get around 2K exp for 9 stamina.

Farm Poring Tower for Ghostrings. They have poison that activates in 15 turns and kills all masks and dublits in 1 turn. If you have 4 of them you only need to stall on the first floor and then poison the rest.

cw_sasuke

Farm Poring Tower for Ghostrings. They have poison that activates in 15 turns and kills all masks and dublits in 1 turn. If you have 4 of them you only need to stall on the first floor and then poison the rest.

:eek:

Ok this sounds great...the same skills as Lillith ? Wanted to farm for her as well.
Will i have to do it on int or expert ?

btw. I really need some more healers in my Friendlist for the Friday Dungeons

My ID: 357,739.314

Noaloha

Just to clarify, is this image one where you think you're screwed? Because it's a very easy pass with those orbs, one you'd have to be extremely unlucky to mess up on.

1st turn: 1 mass blue attack will leave all dubs at half health (5hp);
2nd turn: single 3xblue attack targeting one dub = kill
3rd turn: same again on another dub = kill
Requires a) no unlucky skyfalls and b) one blue orb dropping

Leaves you with one dub left to stall on and rebuild your stockpiles for the next wave.

Jagernaut

:eek:

Ok this sounds great...the same skills as Lillith ? Wanted to farm for her as well.
Will i have to do it on int or expert ?

btw. I really need some more healers in my Friendlist for the Friday Dungeons

My ID: 357,739.314

Same skill as Lilith, I used them to max skill 3 Liliths. The drop rate is much better on expert. We might get 2x drop on the last day.

cw_sasuke

Just to clarify, is this image one where you think you're screwed? Because it's a very easy pass with those orbs, one you'd have to be extremely unlucky to mess up on.

1st turn: 1 mass blue attack will leave all dubs at half health (5hp);
2nd turn: single 3xblue attack targeting one dub = kill
3rd turn: same again on another dub = kill
Requires a) no unlucky skyfalls and b) one blue orb dropping

Leaves you with one dub left to stall on and rebuild your stockpiles for the next wave.
Hmm... didnt cross my mind to go for a mass attack in this dungeon because i am so used to the 3-orb combos and preserving save. Thanks for the reminder though... :-/

Same skill as Lilith, I used them to max skill 3 Liliths. The drop rate is much better on expert. We might get 2x drop on the last day.

Thanks man, will try expert...hope its not too difficult.

The Good:

The Bad:

Combine your Snow Globe Dragon with another one (or Archangel Michael) and you can just tank the hits. Grab one or two Ghostrings from Poring Tower if you can handle Expert and poison any wave you don't have the capability to survive.

Resolve strategies are much more difficult to accomplish on the Friday dungeon because the dublits have such low cooldown.

cw_sasuke

Combine your Snow Globe Dragon with another one (or Archangel Michael) and you can just tank the hits. Grab one or two Ghostrings from Poring Tower if you can handle Expert and poison any wave you don't have the capability to survive.

Resolve strategies are much more difficult to accomplish on the Friday dungeon because the dublits have such low cooldown.

Thanks i will look into that strategy, i will start to pimp my Friendlist and add more Gaffers the following days.

.....i had Poison Ivy and thought she was crap and now i see that she learns Poison Mist :-/

Jagernaut

There are a lot of skill up monsters in poring tower so check if you have anyone with that skill before you sell or feed them away.

Noaloha

Worth noting also, outside of skill ups, that the -ring type enemies (or whatever they are -- the blobby unique enemies) are also pretty damn good exp fodder.

cw_sasuke

This game, killed on the boss stage :-/

2014-11-28-21-39-1320u06.png

Dude has a crazy amount of HP compared to what i was used before lol. Would have won if i had had another Liang Friend ready...
wtzgU.gif

Well its not like the Poison Monster showed up anyway...

Jagernaut

This game, killed on the boss stage :-/

2014-11-28-21-39-1320u06.png

Dude has a crazy amount of HP compared to what i was used before lol. Would have won if i had had another Liang Friend ready...
wtzgU.gif

Well its not like the Poison Monster showed up anyway...

The boss has about 486,000 hp on expert and wood attacks do only half damage to fire. He only attacks every 3 turns so you can heal up before he attacks again.

Edit. You really need more wood orb changers like Ancient Dragon Knight and Cu Chulain (both farmable) or Sasuke.

jay23

Heaven's gala at the same time as god fest, Will I have a higher chance at getting Kirin? Also does that mean most silver eggs will be light monsters?

cw_sasuke

The boss has about 486,000 hp on expert and wood attacks do only half damage to fire. He only attacks every 3 turns so you can heal up before he attacks again.

Edit. You really need more wood orb changers like Ancient Dragon Knight and Cu Chulain (both farmable) or Sasuke.

Well this explains how he could tank that many attacks and yeah i need those orb changer Knights but they just dont drop or i chose the wrong dungeons back then.

I gotta say though, that Dragon Fruit is quite a nice orb changer...lol. Cant include Artemis or Astaroth because of the cost limit right now.

Really wish i can farm/get Siren - would be really nice upgrade for my U&Y team.

colinp

Banned
I'm assuming one of those is me? I started collecting the evo mats when they were announced for the JP version so I could evolve her ASAP. I love her ultimate evo more than I thought I would! That time extend and combo boost is so good.

Yes! You and Jon are my 297's. ;)

Its official, my LZL team is KotG farmable. I fed my rewards from the challenge dungeons to get him to lvl 76 and that crucial second TPA.
I just need to farm porings a bit to finish skilling Valk.
I gotta say though, that Dragon Fruit is quite a nice orb changer...lol. Cant include Artemis or Astaroth because of the cost limit right now.
I'm rank ~230 and I still use a red dragon fruit on my LuBu/Ronia team for dungeons with a strong sub boss. The hit to stats and damage is frustrating, but until I get my own Ronia or Haku it's all I've got.

Uthred

I know aiming for one god is setting yourself up for trolling but I really hope I get a Ronia, the fact I pulled two of the fuckers on my seldom played alt account haunts me. Whats so good about Kali?

zoku88

I know aiming for one god is setting yourself up for trolling but I really hope I get a Ronia, the fact I pulled two of the fuckers on my seldom played alt account haunts me. Whats so good about Kali?

Active skill guarantees three of each orb type that it creates. That's pretty good, imo. And it has a low cooldown, too.

Quantum

I ran Tamadra village.

15 runs,
13 stones (I had to refresh for each dungeon - current stamina 153)

2 Awoken Odin Tamadra
6 Awoken Phantom God, Odin Tamadra
13 Tamadra
54 Baby Tamadras.

- I didn't realize that the Odin tamadras do not awaken odin - fed 4 to my Rodin without either a skill up or an awakening.
- I have 14 dub topilits and will evo some of the babies, but I really don't want to farm all the mats - and I don't have any gold dragons.
- I have gotten about 25-30% awakening with the baby tamas.
- sure, it was stone expensive, but considering I've been known to rage pull two 85 stone packs I think this worked great.

- The tama village is the most annoying farm level I've done - I read about how painful the animations become waiting for 4 separate baby tamas to say 'fap, fap, fap' but until you run it for speed you don't understand how absolutely annoying it is.

Alucrid

Banned
well, i was thinking of giving up on this game since it seems like a huge mountain to climb to start doing the high level stuff, so on a whim I decide to spend what few magic stones i have...ended up pulling a da qiao and xiao qiao lol. guess i'm still in it

Hige

Heaven's gala at the same time as god fest, Will I have a higher chance at getting Kirin? Also does that mean most silver eggs will be light monsters?
I think the statistics from JP whales determined that galas don't stack with godfest. The only thing that happens is they'll pop out at level 30.

Quantum

I have 178 stamina, I'm not going to run Tamadra Village until I hit 198 stamina. I don't want to waste stones or stamina.

completely understand, I just wanted to awaken a few teams to try some stuff, and for the same about I'd spend on only 3 pulls I think it was worth it personally.

also picked up some itunes cards for 25% off, and and not going out this weekend due to work - so I figured wth.

colinp

Banned
completely understand, I just wanted to awaken a few teams to try some stuff, and for the same about I'd spend on only 3 pulls I think it was worth it personally.

also picked up some itunes cards for 25% off, and and not going out this weekend due to work - so I figured wth.

I love reading your stories with PAD, but I always cringe when you succumb and buy more stones after swearing off buying any more, haha.

Breezed through the 1st 5 levels of the challenge dungeon series. Then got WRECKED on level 6. Maybe I'm not quite ready to go after those 100% skillup monsters just yet lol.

Quantum

I love reading your stories with PAD, but I always cringe when you succumb and buy more stones after swearing off buying any more, haha.

Yeah.

Its a love hate relationship. Each time I put the game down and try to rotate to something else I get pulled back in - reading about different teams on one of the forums and start playing with a different goal.

I understand how expensive it is, but given the time I've invested and the amount of time I play I really don't mind - the game has actually weened me off of mmorpgs for the moment.

as for the expense - I don't recommend spending as much as I do on the game, but at the same time have no regrets (other than my shitty REM luck) - there is no logical reason to roll and accumulate a ton of gods. My rationalization has much to do with my own insane life - I don't get time during the week to do anything but work and on the weekends - a Saturday night out with dinner and drinks with my girl can run 250-350 so I think that picking up a pack and burning stones once and awhile is worth it - especially if I get to zone out and do nothing.

although tonight I'm going to try to finish sunset overdrive.

- oh and the word 'cringe' bothers me for some reason, I don't like thinking I'm making people cringe when I vent.

The Good:

The Bad:

My team for Friday expert dungeon looks like this, although Jyaki isn't anywhere near that level, nor should you want him to be:

ZG3M1vC.jpg

Stall as long as possible on the first floor by not matching any Dark or Water Orbs and build up the poison skills on the Ghostrings; then, use their poison skills to blow away the remaining floors.

Breezed through the 1st 5 levels of the challenge dungeon series. Then got WRECKED on level 6. Maybe I'm not quite ready to go after those 100% skillup monsters just yet lol.
U&Y got me through 4 and 5. I was too scared to try 6 yesterday :p. I need to farm some porings while it's here, then I'll go for it I guess. Depending on how the godfest goes (i.e. how many stones I have left) I may spend 1 or 2 for the flampy. Awoken Kagutsuchi will be getting it, whenever we get him.

colinp

Banned
Yeah.

Its a love hate relationship. Each time I put the game down and try to rotate to something else I get pulled back in - reading about different teams on one of the forums and start playing with a different goal.

I understand how expensive it is, but given the time I've invested and the amount of time I play I really don't mind - the game has actually weened me off of mmorpgs for the moment.

as for the expense - I don't recommend spending as much as I do on the game, but at the same time have no regrets (other than my shitty REM luck) - there is no logical reason to roll and accumulate a ton of gods. My rationalization has much to do with my own insane life - I don't get time during the week to do anything but work and on the weekends - a Saturday night out with dinner and drinks with my girl can run 250-350 so I think that picking up a pack and burning stones once and awhile is worth it - especially if I get to zone out and do nothing.

although tonight I'm going to try to finish sunset overdrive.

- oh and the word 'cringe' bothers me for some reason, I don't like thinking I'm making people cringe when I vent.

Cringe is probably too strong a word! Shake my head and laugh is more appropriate I think.

What is your job that keeps you so busy, if you don't mind my asking.

Quantum

I just ran KotG with my hybrid team - didn't have to use the haku emergency button, but also got a good number of orbs with Blonia

luci/haku/blonia/baddie/lu bu/ronia

most of the mobs are just level 50-60, except blonia/ronia
- I think this team could be a good farming team if I level it.

messed with reflector -> youtube

http://tinyurl.com/lnv6p3p

What is your job that keeps you so busy, if you don't mind my asking.

medical field, multiple hospitals

Top Bottom