• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

colinp

Banned
Puzzdroid will return next Monday..
This is the 4th one we get if I remember right.

Jeez, I've played for over 300 days and I'm pretty sure this is the first time it's showing up for me. Has it really been that long since he's been here or did I miss it at some point?

Quantum

I didn't realize that you couldn't run the coin dungeons for tamadra's - I ran dark knight's sword with a bare minimum team, was easy to clear but of course no score.

I guess it was just a stamina burn and 500k for a free stone - although I wanted another tama (evolved - have had terrible luck with feeding the baby tama's)

I like the stamina overlap - I would have liked it better before I ran tama village 15 times without it - oh well.

Hige

I need 4 red dragon fruits to evolve my second Ronia, so of course 6 runs of Trifruits gives me 4 green and 2 blue fruits. -_-

Thanks GungHo.

colinp

Banned
I've been focusing on putting all my plus eggs on Kirin, but now with that challenge dungeon +9 Tamadra I'm not sure if I should put it on someone else (one of my FA Lucifers doesn't have his awakenings yet) so as not to waste the awakening. What do you kids think?

Jonsoncao

Banned
I need 4 red dragon fruits to evolve my second Ronia, so of course 6 runs of Trifruits gives me 4 green and 2 blue fruits. -_-

Thanks GungHo.

Feed away all your green and blue fruits. We have fairly certain amount of empirical evidence that the RNG reads your box.

I had 5 Ronias, and 3 waiting to be uevo'd. Last month, tried farming some red fruits to prepare for my ladies, got 15+ green instead. After I fed all of those away and kept every red fruit I got in the box, the dreaming cave dropped more than 20 red fruits for me, sometimes even 5 red fruits in a row.

saichi

worst feeling when you try to s rank and something invades... then you stoned for the invade and have to continue stone when using the shitty team to fight the boss.All for the princess :(

I've been focusing on putting all my plus eggs on Kirin, but now with that challenge dungeon +9 Tamadra I'm not sure if I should put it on someone else (one of my FA Lucifers doesn't have his awakenings yet) so as not to waste the awakening. What do you kids think?
I think a tamadra is worth more than 9 +eggs. I just thought of the plusses as a bonus, like when skillup fodder drops with a plus.

Quantum

I think a tamadra is worth more than 9 +eggs. I just thought of the plusses as a bonus, like when skillup fodder drops with a plus.

completely agree with this.

There haven't been a ton of free Tamadras since the release of the coin dungeon. Each mob can accommodate 297 plus eggs - +9 really is just a tiny drop in the shlep to maxing while an awakening can change a mobs functionality completely.

linsivvi

I didn't realize that you couldn't run the coin dungeons for tamadra's - I ran dark knight's sword with a bare minimum team, was easy to clear but of course no score.

I guess it was just a stamina burn and 500k for a free stone - although I wanted another tama (evolved - have had terrible luck with feeding the baby tama's)

I like the stamina overlap - I would have liked it better before I ran tama village 15 times without it - oh well.

You can normally but they added an extra level for the old survey dungeons and in the process wiped out the rank attack. The mystic dragons, pirate dragons and newer survey dungeons still give out tamadras.

Quantum

You can normally but they added an extra level for the old survey dungeons and in the process wiped out the rank attack. The mystic dragons, pirate dragons and newer survey dungeons still give out tamadras.

thats fantastic to hear - I was under the wrong impression none gave a tama after this.

I actually want to awaken two additional teams and an ult kirin to mess around with some funky hybrid teams.

one of which is my blonia team - I can do insane damage some of the times but run out of time creating rows - with the physical typing, the extra half second, 20% gravity and ok RCV I think I can swap out a team member and include kirin on a physical team with a blonia lead - sure I loose 20% damage from final burst but both make up for it in extra time and gravity.

edit: still trying to come up with a 100% farm team for KotG, I have about 80% success rate running about 5-6 minutes with the following team:
LU BU,d/d Haku, Blonia, D/R Luci/ baddie/ Ronia

the major issue is if the final ronia doesn't give at least 12 dark orbs I'm toast.

I like thinking about hybrid teams.

edit: still trying to come up with a 100% farm team for KotG, I have about 80% success rate running about 5-6 minutes with the following team:

the major issue is if the final ronia doesn't give at least 12 dark orbs I'm toast.
You have a light meta and DQXQ don't you? I run LZL/DQXQ/Valk/Echidna/Shynee with another LZL or Lmeta friend. The only time ive failed was when I forgot to activate Shynee on Zeus.

The biggest issue is that nobody runs LZL. I only have 3 LZL friends.

linsivvi

thats fantastic to hear - I was under the wrong impression none gave a tama after this.

I actually want to awaken two additional teams and an ult kirin to mess around with some funky hybrid teams.

From what I have observed all the remaining biweekly dragons will get rotated in at some point. Add to that the 4 extreme god rushes, the newer survey dungeons, there are about 30 tamadras to be had. After that we should get the overflowing stamina update, which makes tamadra village viable even without 198+ stamina.

Good times for tamadra farming, but then of course Gungho has already replaced that with the even more difficult skillup mob farming.

Hige

Feed away all your green and blue fruits. We have fairly certain amount of empirical evidence that the RNG reads your box.

I had 5 Ronias, and 3 waiting to be uevo'd. Last month, tried farming some red fruits to prepare for my ladies, got 15+ green instead. After I fed all of those away and kept every red fruit I got in the box, the dreaming cave dropped more than 20 red fruits for me, sometimes even 5 red fruits in a row.
Do you have any links? Even if it's just speculation I'd be interested in reading lol. I've already fed off a lot of extra green fruits, but I kind of want to keep some just because their skills will be changing to skill up other cards.

I maxed skilled two Blonias (never use her) and one Gronia while trying to skill up my first Ronia, so Trifruits is truly the bane of my existence. Needing four for each ultimate is torture.

Quantum

You have a light meta and DQXQ don't you? I run LZL/DQXQ/Valk/Echidna/Shynee with another LZL or Lmeta friend. The only time ive failed was when I forgot to activate Shynee on Zeus.

The biggest issue is that nobody runs LZL. I only have 3 LZL friends.

I do, I was a big fan of DQXQ for awhile - max skilled and +136, but now a sub for my Lmeta team.

I have no LZL friends - and since Ronias are literally a dime a dozen I have a ton of Ronia friends - each with different second leads which gives a ton a variety. I guess a LZL /Ronia player would be a great add for me, but I would like to have a consistent source of leads to run KotG - Ronia seems the most obvious.

Good times for tamadra farming, but then of course Gungho has already replaced that with the even more difficult skillup mob farming.

of course - still haven't seen one drop outside of the challenge dungeons.

you would think that Gungho would start rewarding very long time players with more ways to both skill up and awaken the gods they have. Perhaps it is too non-iap friendly, but it seems to me that people who have played for more than a year like to work on multiple teams and try decends with multiple skills with a variety of play styles - most of the posters here have tons of gods rotting in their books sitting unevolved and unleveled.

The removal of the metal dragons should boost exp rates a bit, but I have lost a lot of the urge to pull in the REM when I look at all the potential I already have, unleveled and unevolved - of course I could stone for exp and run the tamadra village again for multiple awakenings but the truth is while I really liked (and hated) the gambling aspect of the REM - I absolutely hate IAP'ing for experience and tamadras - IMHO It feels cheap and makes the game feel more like pay to win than any other aspect.

Got another light skill up from coin dungeon. Really made my day.

Can't you just use bastet before king baddie?
Nope. If you use bastet before a 3x enhancer, then it won't let you even activate his skill. If you use bastet after you've already activated one, then she erases his multiplier. No way to have a3x and a bastet activated at the same time.

Nope. If you use bastet before a 3x enhancer, then it won't let you even activate his skill. If you use bastet after you've already activated one, then she erases his multiplier. No way to have a3x and a bastet activated at the same time.
Didn't they patch in minor nukes for the 3x enhancers so that their buffs can be activated? Might've been something in one of the gazillion balance updates they've been making recently.

razterik

Yes, it's fixed now. Bastet -> Baddie works for mass attack and 3x devils. Basically, multiplier skills override with the last activated. Additional effects stick around unless they overlap.

I like thinking about hybrid teams.
The easiet way to minimize last floor trolling is to bring a delay or a second major orb changer for Zeus. I go with Lu Bu, Byakko, Persephone, Vamp, D/L Bats and it's been fairly consistent once I broke the HP threshold for surviving a hit from CDD. If I don't mess up, I lose only when I get trolled on both floors 9 and 10.

Do you have another full board change to replace Blonia? Echidna may work too but that'll hurt your HP quite a bit.

Quantum

The easiet way to minimize last floor trolling is to bring a delay or a second major orb changer for Zeus. I go with Lu Bu, Byakko, Persephone, Vamp, D/L Bats and it's been fairly consistent once I broke the HP threshold for surviving a hit from CDD. If I don't mess up, I lose only when I get trolled on both floors 9 and 10.

Do you have another full board change to replace Blonia? Echidna may work too but that'll hurt your HP quite a bit.

oddly enough when I've replaced Blonia I've had problems on floor 8. Right now I have haku for emergency if I can't match through the 8th floor and it is great.

I could potentially switch CDD and Blonia, which would up the total damage, decrease hp, be more reliable (haku-> cdd versus Blonia) but makes the 8th floor more of a gamble.

I was also playing around with lu bu/CDD/luci/blonia/baddie/ronia: this guarantees 100% kill on Zeus (whole board enhanced, baddie and dark with blonia -> cdd), 90% kill on CDD - but if I don't set the board up well I can get eaten on floor 8.

(I am still working on some other teams to brainlessly farm KotG including pandora and the blonia team I mentioned before).

80% success rate at 5-6 min is not terrible for farming exp, I'd just like 100%.

I really am interested to see if the blonia/kirin physical will work, HP should easily tank a hit from either CDD or Zeus.

I do, I was a big fan of DQXQ for awhile - max skilled and +136, but now a sub for my Lmeta team.

I have no LZL friends - and since Ronias are literally a dime a dozen I have a ton of Ronia friends - each with different second leads which gives a ton a variety. I guess a LZL /Ronia player would be a great add for me, but I would like to have a consistent source of leads to run KotG - Ronia seems the most obvious.
Yeah I understand. I find myself just reusing people, so I don't get a ton of PAL points out of it. I'd love to use a Lu Bu team, but I'm lacking a good board changer of my own.

Still, if you ever feel like trying it out, my LZL is up most of the time on weekends.

J0dy77

What are you guys using to s rank Princess punt? Right now I'm thinking Anubis/Yomi, but that relies on a lot of luck to hit the required average combo score.

I don't think I'll ever run scheduled Metal dragons again. I've been timing my level ups when I need to get experience and just buying King Carnival. If you time it right you can let yourself charge back to 150, run King 3 or 4 times based on your stamina and have it level you up. Then get 3 or 4 more runs with the new level.

6 runs of King for me at 170 stamina is a ton of experience. Izanagi and Lu Bu are getting a ton of levels.

Played through Alt. Castle of Satan and ran out of Ronia friends after the first 4 levels. Tried a Blonia/Blodin combination but lost on the very last floor because I couldn't stall long enough for my orb changers to be ready again. I should've probably saved one of the Ronias for that last level. Guess I'll have to blow another 1 million coins to get that stone.

oddly enough when I've replaced Blonia I've had problems on floor 8. Right now I have haku for emergency if I can't match through the 8th floor and it is great.

I could potentially switch CDD and Blonia, which would up the total damage, decrease hp, be more reliable (haku-> cdd versus Blonia) but makes the 8th floor more of a gamble.

I was also playing around with lu bu/CDD/luci/blonia/baddie/ronia: this guarantees 100% kill on Zeus (whole board enhanced, baddie and dark with blonia -> cdd), 90% kill on CDD - but if I don't set the board up well I can get eaten on floor 8.

(I am still working on some other teams to brainlessly farm KotG including pandora and the blonia team I mentioned before).

80% success rate at 5-6 min is not terrible for farming exp, I'd just like 100%.

I really am interested to see if the blonia/kirin physical will work, HP should easily tank a hit from either CDD or Zeus.
How much HP/RCV does your team have? I can typically tank my way through Tiamat without blowing through any actives, saving them for CDD and Zeus. And you don't even have to worry about healing back up before floor 9 if you have to one-shot CDD/Zeus anyway. I'm guessing Baddie is hurting your overall stats?

Althane

I replaced Ifrit on my Ronia team for a Hera Ur. Are the awakenings (2x row enhance on Ifrit, 0 on Hera Ur) better than the stats for a Ronia team? Plus the +Orb active.

Actually, maybe I'll just post my Reds and see what teams people would suggest.

KtvQ9IF.png

What'chall think?

Also, I got a +!4 Hellray Harpie demon that I'm thinking of feeding. Leftover from when I wasn't aware how rare + eggs were, and didn't put them on good mobs. I'm kind of in love with it, but... +14...

Edit: Oh, current teams I run:

T1: Ronia, Shiva, Echidna, Baddie, Hera-Ur
T2: Shiva, Ronia, Ame no Uzume, Strawberry Fruit, Echidna
T3: Ame no Uzume, Echidna, Shiva, Ifrit, Ronia

Quantum

How much HP/RCV does your team have? I can typically tank my way through Tiamat without blowing through any actives, saving them for CDD and Zeus. And you don't even have to worry about healing back up before floor 9 if you have to one-shot CDD/Zeus anyway. I'm guessing Baddie is hurting your overall stats?

The team definitely could use some investment in RCV if I choose to run it. I'm trying to figure out the safest/brainless way to farm. I can tank through most of the time and I do generally use lu bu for CDD so the last two boards I run with 1 hp - its just the perecnt completion is always dependent on that ronia on Zeus - without two rows (12 orbs) I don't one shot it.

I thought up another line up and I'm going to try it in a few,

Lu Bu, Haku, Blonia, CDD, Baddie, Ronia.

thinking is haku + CDD = less trolls than Ronia alone with Zeus, and a free Blonia on Timat.

Thinking this might work well.

8: blonia (really only need a row and a few matches)
9: ronia + lu bu (never failed >1mil dmg)
10: haku + cdd + baddie (not sure, but seems to be enough dmg - we will see)

edit: crap - this could get reverse trolled - in the sense that there are too many dark orbs to make two rows (less than 6 orbs red) and then suffer from not having the enhance. doh.

colinp

Banned
I don't think I'll ever run scheduled Metal dragons again. I've been timing my level ups when I need to get experience and just buying King Carnival. If you time it right you can let yourself charge back to 150, run King 3 or 4 times based on your stamina and have it level you up. Then get 3 or 4 more runs with the new level.

6 runs of King for me at 170 stamina is a ton of experience. Izanagi and Lu Bu are getting a ton of levels.

I've been doing the same! Really love the influx of xp that comes with that.

Incidentally, I have three light mobs I want to boost but I'm not sure who I should focus on first:
Amaterasu, Thor or Dragon Rider Arthur.

Leaning towards Dragon Rider as a possible Verche replacement for my Kirin team. Any thoughts?

Quantum, have you tried it with a Hera or Hades? It would require a bunch of skill ups to really be mindless though. But with Hera and Lucifer you should be fine on RCV to be able to tank through Tiamat. And the gravity does enough that you are unlikely to come up short on Zeus.

Quantum

Quantum, have you tried it with a Hera or Hades? It would require a bunch of skill ups to really be mindless though. But with Hera and Lucifer you should be fine on RCV to be able to tank through Tiamat. And the gravity does enough that you are unlikely to come up short on Zeus.

Thats a great idea, and more to think through - with the hera dungeon always available and insanely easy I have no reason not to have a maxed one at this point.

that being said the last build I posted took less then 5 minutes and was perfect.

I will run in a few more times (10 or so and see if I get trolled - it might just be a very quick and stable build - specifically because my blonia is +250ish, and I might completely avoid getting too many orbs on zeus by simply not activating CDD)

Quantum

I don't use spike leads but was messing around with light teams and came up with this in my monster box.

Kirin, Kali, kali, metatron, Valk

All I would need is a Valkyrie since I have the other subs. Would this team be viable at all?

not really?

where is the spike or enhance? yes you could do some dmg with the prong, but I Think you need a multiplier in there.

(I guess with 2 matches of 4 and a successful kirin activation you would have 5*5*1.5*1.5 for kali)

not really?

where is the spike or enhance? yes you could do some dmg with the prong, but I Think you need a multiplier in there.

(I guess with 2 matches of 4 and a successful kirin activation you would have 5*5*1.5*1.5 for kali)

Alright just wondering. Sometimes I go through my box and mess around. I can't stand using combo leads though I'm terrible at that.

Man, what the hell is it going to take for them to finally remove the farmable monsters in the REM? Just found out they added the sticker girls in there along with the two Grimoire monsters. There's more than enough mediocre rolls in there, why make it worse with crap like healer girls and golems. It's beyond ridiculous at this point.

ZeroAKA

Man, what the hell is it going to take for them to finally remove the farmable monsters in the REM? Just found out they added the sticker girls in there along with the two Grimoire monsters. There's more than enough mediocre rolls in there, why make it worse with crap like healer girls and golems. It's beyond ridiculous at this point.
At least the sticker girls aren't farmable. Those healers and golems really need to go though.

Quantum

Alright just wondering. Sometimes I go through my box and mess around. I can't stand using combo leads though I'm terrible at that.

I do the same all the time - I like putting together teams that don't make sense and mess around with them for a few days before going back to the drawing board.

I'm waiting on tomorrows tamadra to mess around with a blonia kirin mix designed for KOG - also to give me an extra 0.5 second which seems to help greatly setting up rows.

At least the sticker girls aren't farmable. Those healers and golems really need to go though.

there will always be some level of crap in the REM.

Didn't they patch in minor nukes for the 3x enhancers so that their buffs can be activated? Might've been something in one of the gazillion balance updates they've been making recently.

Yes, it's fixed now. Bastet -> Baddie works for mass attack and 3x devils. Basically, multiplier skills override with the last activated. Additional effects stick around unless they overlap.
Ah, I didn't know it was fixed, so I had assumed it was still like before. This makes it much better.

New event starting 12/8, 5x techs is back with two Mondays. Bummed that I can't carry over stamina from Sunday though since I'll have to grind out more green chasers. :(

Quantum

0/45 success rate with Green Chasers so far. FU GENBU

might be the worst statistic I've seen. wow.

(My two worst skilling were leviathan and luci)

I'm still in the middle of pandora, haku both of which have not been easy - but yours borders on a horror story.

sort of glad I don't have meimei

you are evolving them correct? (wind chaser not green chaser I think)

razterik

Wind, green, whatever, I never remember the names. Yes, I am evolving them. I might have a better success rate if I didn't..... And I have three Genbu to work on.

Droidragon awakenings are live for anyone with extra Tamadras to dump.

razterik

Farming jewels without 1.5x boost is depressing. You can spend a half dozen stones without invades.

Kanetsugu is 8 days away (12/14). Not sure the spirit jewel order is set yet either.

(My two worst skilling were leviathan and luci)
I bet you wished you waited for Princess Punt collab to come by!

I got like 10 skillups for my Leviathan yesterday so hopefully I can finish him this weekend or the next. I really need urgent 2x skillups over the next two days though.

Top Bottom