• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

linsivvi

It's always a good idea to farm the coin dungeons though. The xp is so damn good and the monsters in the upcoming rotation has long delays, which makes it quite safe for repeated farming.

So I have been trying to figure out what I should be doing as far as selling and/or fusing...

I haven't cleared Castle of Satan yet (new player), but is this the advice I should be doing?

http://guide.padherder.com/The_Pengdra_Cycle

Keep a select few of monsters if they drop (i.e, the Vampire that I got). I have been using this guide: http://guide.padherder.com/New_Play..._use_to_fill_out_my_team_in_the_early_game.3F

It is a bit overwhelming. I have been having fun with the Bastet I rolled as my starter leader.. I enjoy trying to get the 4+ combos for the extra damage.

Epic Drop

I don't keep up with the meta game much nowadays. What's so good about Starling that people are willing to raise max level dupes just for skillups?

Her new ultimate is more or less a mini chinese god, so the leaderskill is somewhat attractive to people who have been unlucky with getting a spike-ish leader from the REM (water + water + wood combo = 3.5x damage).

Her new active (light + heart -> water + wood and 2 additional sec of orb movement time for one turn) is good for a few specific teams, two of which I actively run (Karin and Durga)

More than that though, she is a blue/green with a god subtype, which is a relatively uncommon pairing. It makes her quite good for a team like Durga god team, where filling the blue and green spots can be tough. Really the only good options are Lakshmi or Ult Starling. She's also got relatively attractive awakenings and good stats (~750 weighted).

So ultimately, I don't think that she is awesome for a lot of teams, she just happens to be awesome for a few teams that I run often, which is why I'm willing to invest in her.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The Good:

Reached Rank 101 - feels good to be above 99 now. Next big step will probably be Rank 120 i guess - which will take a while, still nice.

The Bad:

Just realized that only the Ult Evo of Kushi is a healer, kinda thought the normal Evo was already God/Healer -.-

I really like Yomi and i will probably invest in her Awakenings to get more time to place orbs. But it kinda feels like cheating using CTW - kinda weird. I like it because you can enter the boss comfortably if you didnt used it before but its somehow cheap...

Havent really focused on skilling up a skill, but i just saw that some units with CTW can be farmed on the current event dungeon. But wow the process seems like torture, i feel for anyone who is trying to max some of those skills. 40% drop rate for ECO Tiny and even if you get him the chance to skill up is like 1/10 or 2/10 - thats messed up lol.

Tried King Carnival with my U&Y yesterday and got wrecked because i didnt wanna use skills/stall for my skills....was too greedy :-/ In Hindsight i should have just orbed.

Really need to get me some Green Mystic Knight orb changers and Siren - but the drop rate is abysmal.

Didnt know you can evo Baby Ts to full Tamadaras -.-

linsivvi

So I have been trying to figure out what I should be doing as far as selling and/or fusing...

I haven't cleared Castle of Satan yet (new player), but is this the advice I should be doing?

http://guide.padherder.com/The_Pengdra_Cycle

Keep a select few of monsters if they drop (i.e, the Vampire that I got). I have been using this guide: http://guide.padherder.com/New_Play..._use_to_fill_out_my_team_in_the_early_game.3F

It is a bit overwhelming. I have been having fun with the Bastet I rolled as my starter leader.. I enjoy trying to get the 4+ combos for the extra damage.

Some of the info are outdated, some are still valid. Getting your stamina to 100 is still a good advice so you make that your top priority. Most of the event days you will see Super Dragons and with 5 mins refresh you can run it 3 to 4 times with 100 stamina.

Pengdra isn't really worth your time right now but they will do away the metal dragon requirement in the near future which will make farming them viable again.

Since you already have a great lead you might want to use your stones for box space or stamina refresh (once you reached 100) instead of rolling the REM. Your leader is also good for weekend dungeon farming which will allow you to accumulate gold and buy coin dungeons. Why coin dungeons? Because the dungeons with some of the essential farmable subs, in particular Naga and the Mystic Knights, can be bought at 500K a pop. They all have 40% drop rates at the new master level. You should absolutely get a Naga if you haven't done so and maybe try to skill her up a little bit. Her dungeon will be available for 2 weeks starting tomorrow.

Havent really focused on skilling up a skill, but i just saw that some units with CTW can be farmed on the current event dungeon. But wow the process seems like torture, i feel for anyone who is trying to max some of those skills. 40% drop rate for ECO Tiny and even if you get him the chance to skill up is like 1/10 or 2/10 - thats messed up lol.

Tried King Carnival with my U&Y yesterday and got wrecked because i didnt wanna use skills/stall for my skills....was too greedy :-/ In Hindsight i should have just orbed.

Really need to get me some Green Mystic Knight orb changers and Siren - but the drop rate is abysmal.

Didnt know you can evo Baby Ts to full Tamadaras -.-
ECO Tiny is 100% drop on highest difficulty, so slightly less of a pain. Thought my Yomi was max skilled but I guess that's only on JP so I'll have to work on him this week between chaser mat farming.

Siren shares the same active skill as Marine Goblins so she's pretty easy to skill up. MSK has himself a dedicated survey dungeon so whenever that comes around you should farm it.

cw_sasuke

ECO Tiny is 100% drop on highest difficulty, so slightly less of a pain. Thought my Yomi was max skilled but I guess that's only on JP so I'll have to work on him this week between chaser mat farming.

Siren shares the same active skill as Marine Goblins so she's pretty easy to skill up. MSK has himself a dedicated survey dungeon so whenever that comes around you should farm it.

Yeah, it seems like skill up for these skills is something that i shouldnt bother with right now. My limited resources are probably better spend on basic stuffs. The highest diff, seems like a challenge right now on top of the 40 stamina costs, for the 10/20% chance of a skill up probably not worth for me.

With my U&Y team i really have problems when Green enemies show up, same with GZL when fire units show up, though at least with GZL dark 2x TPA takes care of standard fire enemies.

Looking forward to Siren, will make my U&Y Healer team more flexible. Because the delay/defense skills of SunQuan/Yomi and Kushi feel like an overkill.

The Good:
Green Mystic Knight dungeon comes tomorrow too. 500K for an hour at 40% drop rate.

Oh yes - amazing news thanks for the heads up. So i guess the Survey stages you always have to pay for in coins ?

linsivvi

Oh yes - amazing news thanks for the heads up. So i guess the Survey stages you always have to pay for in coins ?

Well they used to appear normally once a couple months but with coin dungeons you will see them very rarely if ever again. Honestly expert level at 2x drop is better than the new master level and since you never get 2x drops with coin dungeons it's not all good news.

Well they used to appear normally once a couple months but with coin dungeons you will see them very rarely if ever again. Honestly expert level at 2x drop is better than the new master level and since you never get 2x drops with coin dungeons it's not all good news.
Hopefully, the appearance of the mystic fire knight survey dungeon last week means those are still in the rotation as special (non-coin) dungeons. That dungeon was available in the 1st coin dungeon rotation, right?

Some of the info are outdated, some are still valid. Getting your stamina to 100 is still a good advice so you make that your top priority. Most of the event days you will see Super Dragons and with 5 mins refresh you can run it 3 to 4 times with 100 stamina.

Pengdra isn't really worth your time right now but they will do away the metal dragon requirement in the near future which will make farming them viable again.

Since you already have a great lead you might want to use your stones for box space or stamina refresh (once you reached 100) instead of rolling the REM. Your leader is also good for weekend dungeon farming which will allow you to accumulate gold and buy coin dungeons. Why coin dungeons? Because the dungeons with some of the essential farmable subs, in particular Naga and the Mystic Knights, can be bought at 500K a pop. They all have 40% drop rates at the new master level. You should absolutely get a Naga if you haven't done so and maybe try to skill her up a little bit. Her dungeon will be available for 2 weeks starting tomorrow.

Thanks for the info. That is what I did actually- I have been buying box space. I just am nervous to sell things because I am not sure what is worth keeping and what isn't.

thanks again.

zoku88

Sasuke, don't be afraid of the eco collab. I've admitted that I'm a sucky player, but I was able to breeze through this dungeon. Everyone except for two bosses have turn counters of greater than 1, which makes stalling and getting rid of those fire and heart orbs really easy.

I've already gotten a skill up for Yomi. Only five more to go :)

cw_sasuke

Hmm okay, just hope I get one tomorrow. So 500k and it'll be up only for one hour, seems like it would be best to to somehow try it between a rank up for a 2nd and 3rd try of you don't get it asap.

Thanks to Kushi and friend leaders I made like 2 million this weekend.
Sasuke, don't be afraid of the eco collab. I've admitted that I'm a sucky player, but I was able to breeze through this dungeon. Everyone except for two bosses have turn counters of greater than 1, which makes stalling and getting rid of those fire and heart orbs really easy.

I've already gotten a skill up for Yomi. Only five more to go :)
Thanks, guess I'll give it a go of I have time and stamina.

Did you use GZL or U&Y for the Dungeon? Tomorrow I'll focus on getting Green Mystic Knight and Wednesday I'll be mask hunting again. Thursday and Friday I'll try my luck with Eco I guess.

zoku88

Did you use GZL or U&Y for the Dungeon? Tomorrow I'll focus on getting Green Mystic Knight and Wednesday I'll be mask hunting again. Thursday and Friday I'll try my luck with Eco I guess.
So, I ended up using U&Y by accident. I selected eco intending to use GZL, but then I saw a gaffer with a 297 U&Y and thought that I should have another go at Satan...but I forgot to actually switch dungeons, so I ended up doing the collab. Lol.

Oh well, I was able to get Satan last night. Tried to get another this morning, but I switched ama with siren and got a genbu invade on the second round and got crushed.

EDIT 2x skill up ends tomorrow though. The, it feels like there should be another event soon anyway

I think my next project will be a D/L Fagan team. I don't really have any leaders that can make good use of Kagutsuchi, and he seems like the best option. It's a LONG way off for me (I haven't even unlocked Fagan's dungeon yet), but I find that I enjoy this game the most when I have a clear, long term goal in mind.

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo

*Holy Night Christmas Event*
[Duration]: 12/17 (Wed), 12:00 PM - 12/25 (Thurs), 11:59 PM (PST)

Saint Nick has been doing his job tirelessly for some time now. When he falls ill though, what happens?

He turns to one of his inner circle of friends, that’s what. And one of those friends has stepped up to the task of delivering presents, door to door.

The Queen of Darkness.

For this Christmastide, Hera is donning some red-and-white flair and holiday cheer, with her own dungeon! Holy Night Santa Claus, Hera sits on Saint Nick’s throne at the lowest level, reading her list and checking it twice. The Holy Night Festival has five difficulties, with the most difficult being ”SuperBlessed”.

Furthermore, within her giant bag of gifts is a special Christmas Rare Egg Machine event!

Select monsters in this lineup have 4x rates, while others have introductory 1x rates. All pulls have 100% guaranteed +Egg status for both this special event REM and the normal REM.

See the lineup below:

4x Rates
745 Incarnation of Suzaku, Leilan
747 Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin
749 Incarnation of Genbu, Meimei
751 Incarnation of Kirin, Sakuya
753 Incarnation of Byakko, Haku

1614 Fire Wizard, Laila
1616 Water Wizard, Sharon
1618 Wood Wizard, Leeza

Introductory Rates (NEW)
1785 Holy Night Divine Elemental, Genie
1786 Holy Night Kirin Princess, Sakuya

1787 moonbeam fang witch, lilith
1788 warrior rose, graceful valkyrie

1789 incarnation of suzaku, leilan
1790 incarnation of seiryuu, karin
1791 incarnation of genbu, meimei
1792 incarnation of kirin, sakuya
1793 incarnation of byakko, haku

1794 war deity of the night, tsukuyomi
1795 keeper of the sacred texts, metatron
1796 extant red dragon caller, sonia
1797 rebel seraph lucifer

lower case letters for the minis lol

cw_sasuke

So before spending the coins on Dragon Guardian, what would be the best way to tackle the Dungeon? With 67 stamina I could go for 1x expert run. Also the Dungeon stamina information I found seem wrong... Novice, Int, Expert seem to cost 15 stamina while Master costs 40...is this right?

With 67 stamina and a possible rank up I'm trying to figure out which Dungeon difficulty would be optimal, considering the possible attempts and drop chance. Any suggestions from experience?

linsivvi

So before spending the coins on Dragon Guardian, what would be the best way to tackle the Dungeon? With 67 stamina I could go for 1x expert run. Also the Dungeon stamina information I found seem wrong... Novice, Int, Expert seem to cost 15 stamina while Master costs 40...is this right?

With 67 stamina and a possible rank up I'm trying to figure out which Dungeon difficulty would be optimal, considering the possible attempts and drop chance. Any suggestions from experience?

Well you could go 40+15+15 but I think it's better to wait until you have at least 69 stamina, then you could go 40+40 since you will get 11 stamina back before the dungeon expires.

cw_sasuke

I think I'll go for two 40+15+15 attempts if i can rank up after the first one. Just hope that my friends will have their GZL leader ups so that I can get through it fast and get it done in an hour.

Edit:

Well I first need to figure out how much exp the dungeons exactly give.

http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Guardian

Is this information up to date? Master difficulty is missing here. And on PaD Guide it says that Master gives 0 exp.

Quantum

(0/10 on yomi,)

question: so the rates on the normal versions of the gods are 4x and the cute little ones are only 1x rates for the first showing?

if true, this implies they are coming into normal rotation and you will get seriously trolled trying to specifically roll one.

(I'm looking at you little valk with three tpa.)

quin

The most common pulls are the mini chinese gods. I got all 5 after seven pulls. After that it is just pure luck hoping for a gold egg. My other two pulls were a dupe and valkyrie!!

She is so strong! Even though my Valk is only level 30 she is stronger than Light Carly when matching four orbs.

If you do get her, enjoy!!

cw_sasuke

OK will give the Dungeon a go now, Zoku and Co. If you could put up GZL that would be great.

cw_sasuke

So i got the Mystic Knight - yes !!

Dropped on Expert from a pre-boss unit.

But in the 4-5 rounds i played, i dont think i have ever gotten worse orbs for playing GZL - this felt kinda shady, the low amount of dark/green orbs was surprising. Well nvm time to lvl up that guide...and of course he also needs a Mystic Mask and to evolve to his 5* form.

J0dy77

Present Eggs can appear and drop in Christmas Dungeon. The Floor 6 Noel Dragon can supposedly drop too but the rate is abysmal.

Ah ok, I thought it was going to be a permanent dungeon. That's pretty cool.

Definitely going to skip the Christmas REM. For once I'm spoiled and have pretty much all of the drops.

jay23

Guess I'll save my rolls, only wanted valk or l.meta.

Plus I still have a bunch of monsters I need to rank up from PC gf. Sort of know how IAP players feel when they're working on multiple teams at once.

razterik

Have the War Dragons cycled through coin dungeons before? I can't find a list of previous rotations and I don't remember if I finished them already. Hurry up with the "clear" indicator update already, GungHo.

linsivvi

Have the War Dragons cycled through coin dungeons before? I can't find a list of previous rotations and I don't remember if I finished them already. Hurry up with the "clear" indicator update already, GungHo.

Nope, here's a list of dungeons appeared in coin shop before today:
Mystic Fire Dragon
Mystic Water Dragon - No Wood
Mystic Land Dragon - No Fire
Mystic Light Dragon - No Dark
Mystic Dark Dragon - No Light
Red Pirate Dragon
Blue Pirate Dragon
Green Pirate Dragon
Gold Pirate Dragon
Black Pirate Dragon
Alt. Castle of Satan in the Abyss
Alt. Shrine of Green Water
Alt. Shrine of Liquid Flame
Alt. Shrine of Blazing Woods
Alt. Temple of Trailokya
Alt. Hypno Forest
Alt. Creek of Neleus
Alt. Hemera Volcanic Belt
Alt. Aither Desert
Alt. Talos's Abyss
Alt. Castle of Satan
Alt. Tower of Flare - No Dupes
Alt. Polar Night Tower - No Dupes
Alt. Tower of Nature - No Dupes
Alt. Tomb of the Saint-Deep - No Dupes
Extreme Dragon Rush!
Extreme Dragon Rush! 2
Legendary Dragon Rush!
Sky Dragon Rush! - No RCV
Mechdragon Rush!
Together at Last! Evo Rush!!
Dark Night Sword
Blade of Justice
King Carnival
Together at Last! Rare Evo Rush!!
TAMADRA Village

So we have 13 new dungeons in this rotation.

cw_sasuke

I can see now why some people just go for a Dark team - just reached Temple of Trailokya (Technical) and the enemy affinity is all over the place xD
Fire units sucks with GZL and i hate green foes when using U&Y - well its still manageable .But i need to unlock 2nd Elements on Kushi/Artemis etc.

I took my GZL team on an inaugural run through KotG and it went wonderfully. Thought I was screwed when I healed over the limit before Tiamat but apparently I had the HP to tank the hit.

Not sure it's gonna replace LZL for the mindless farming, but it's a nice option to have to mix it up a bit.

Top Bottom