• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Acerac

Banned
New player trying to get a decent starting roll, got a chibi incarnation of byakko, haku. I know the regular one is decent enough to continue with, but is the chibi one worth it? I pulled a Persephone as well.

Went into Super Blessed blind. I should have done my research :(.
qgOuTWQ.jpg
One more level on anybody and I would have been fine.

ZeroAKA

New player trying to get a decent starting roll, got a chibi incarnation of byakko, haku. I know the regular one is decent enough to continue with, but is the chibi one worth it? I pulled a Persephone as well.
Chibi Haku only goes up to level 70, and her stats are way too low. You should probably reroll.

Epic Drop

If you are tired of playing the re-roll game, this really isn't a horrible place to start TBH. chibi haku doesn't have incredible awakenings or stats like her non-chibi form, but she is still a 12.25x leader. Plus, persephone is a really really great sub for haku - so that's a great pairing.

Obviously best case scenario is for you to play the reroll game until you get an absolute top tier lead, but again, you have a pretty decent thing going on right now IMO. And this is coming from someone stupid enough to start with a gold chaos devil dragon as his starting roll lol

Acerac

Banned
If you are tired of playing the re-roll game, this really isn't a horrible place to start TBH. chibi haku doesn't have incredible awakenings or stats like her non-chibi form, but she is still a 12.25x leader. Plus, persephone is a really really great sub for haku - so that's a great pairing.

Obviously best case scenario is for you to play the reroll game until you get an absolute top tier lead, but again, you have a pretty decent thing going on right now IMO. And this is coming from someone stupid enough to start with a gold chaos devil dragon as his starting roll lol
I'm absolutely fine with adequate. Consdering it isn't a godfest I figure this is the best I'd get for a while.
Chibi Haku only goes up to level 70, and her stats are way too low. You should probably reroll.

Seems everyone is getting chibis from the xmas machine. Should I wait for the next god fest? Or go back to the reset grind?

*Edit*

Got chibi lilith as well, but... yeah.

scottnak

Chibi leilan (have normal too!)
Chibi haku (have normal too!)
Chibi valk

Adorbs.

and got a hera drop on Master first shot! Happy camper I am

jiggle

I'm absolutely fine with adequate. Consdering it isn't a godfest I figure this is the best I'd get for a while.

Seems everyone is getting chibis from the xmas machine. Should I wait for the next god fest? Or go back to the reset grind?

*Edit*

Got chibi lilith as well, but... yeah.
At least get a red Sonia

What are the rates supposed to be. 100 for the top, 40 for blessed and twenty for master?
It's 100 super blessed/80 blessed/40 master.

Did Super blessed once for the stone and just stuck to blessed for farming gravity skill-ups. Those dubs are just too much of a pain to deal with.

Rolled a lot of times. Is Chibi Light Metatron a suitable sub to replace a real Light Metatron? Or not at all?

How useful is Holy Night Divine Elemental, Genie?

I also rolled a second Kirin (meh), and then a Karin, and Meimei.

Quantum

I got great news today at 1500 est - almost 10 weeks to the day I got notification I passed that damned exam I was studying all fall for - so, the email was timed at the start of the REM - of course I figured I'd buy myself a gift.

(you can rationalize anything I guess, I wonder if I had failed if I would have still rolled for consolation)

rolls:

Chibi karin
Regular Kirin
Chibi genbu
Chibi genbu
Chibi kirin
Regular Genbu
Chibi karin
Santa Genie
Fire Wizard Laila
Water Wizard Sharon
Chibi genbu
Chibi karin
Chibi kirin
Chibi valkyrie
Chibi suzaku
Chibi suzaku
Chibi Ronia.

moral of the story: no self control.

*finally* have access to a ronia, although not the full version, with more row's
- Actually got my number one choice with 3 TPA valk - will likely make a soild Lkali sub.

(I had never previously rolled a karin or gen bu)

Epic Drop

Congrats on passing that exam quantum! And congrats on the rolls as well!

I actually just got an amazing job offer, so maybe I'll buy some stones to celebrate as well!

razterik

Rolled a lot of times. Is Chibi Light Metatron a suitable sub to replace a real Light Metatron? Or not at all?

How useful is Holy Night Divine Elemental, Genie?

I also rolled a second Kirin (meh), and then a Karin, and Meimei.

Like most everything in this REM, it's a trap. Light Tron as a leader really needs her skill boosts that are missing in the chibi. She's not terrible, just not as good as the real thing.

Santa Genie is marginally better sub than the original. Better stats, can cover red for Kirin/Hathor. Elementals will be a little stronger when we get countdown reduction and easy skill ups in a few months. As a leader, she has no team worth considering.

Oooooohhhh boy, I don't know self control either. Rolled a bunch at the christmas REM. I got a bunch of chibi dupes but here's a general list of what I rolled.

Chibi Leilan
Chibi Karin
Water Wizard, Sharon
Full-size Meimei
Chibi Meimei
Holy Knight Divine Elemental Genie
Full-size Sakuya
Chibi Sakuya
Chibi Haku

Quantum

I actually just got an amazing job offer, so maybe I'll buy some stones to celebrate as well!

Thanks.

Congrats to you as well.

I'm very happy with my pulls - Minimal dupes, a bunch of new "toys" - two I really wanted without having to rage pull afterwards - go figure.

I'm really excited to play with the Valk - I was kinda pissed about her big sisters Uevo, having really enjoyed haku's dual tpa - I should have really saved some stones to quick level valk to play in my Lmeta/kirin/kali teams.

oh well.

Like most everything in this REM, it's a trap. Light Tron as a leader really needs her skill boosts that are missing in the chibi. She's not terrible, just not as good as the real thing.

Santa Genie is marginally better sub than the original. Better stats, can cover red for Kirin/Hathor. Elementals will be a little stronger when we get countdown reduction and easy skill ups in a few months. As a leader, she has no team worth considering.

I meant Chibi L.tron specifically as a sub. Like a lot of Kirin teams need her because of the bind resist and bind recover. I am guessing I Chibi can suffice for those dungeons?

I already have L.Kali so dunno if I'd bother using Genie as a fire sub on my Kirin team.

Huh maybe I shouldn't have rolled, but I got swept up in Christmas spirit.

Hige

Got a Genie on my second Christmas REM pull. If only we were eligible for that stone refund that Japan got...

Only explanation I can think of is that Minervahavers really want themselves more orb changers. The selection for survey dungeons recently have been pretty slim since stuff like the Warons or ladybugs haven't been made eligible for voting yet so the more fringe cases have been winning I think.
The -Rons are eligible (link), but they seem like a waste of a vote IMO. I skilled up most of my 3K cards while the biweekly dungeons were available.

colinp

Banned
I got great news today at 1500 est - almost 10 weeks to the day I got notification I passed that damned exam I was studying all fall for - so, the email was timed at the start of the REM - of course I figured I'd buy myself a gift.

(you can rationalize anything I guess, I wonder if I had failed if I would have still rolled for consolation.)

Congrats Quantum!

I guarantee you would have still rolled as a consolation prize. ;)

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
So I decided to give this game a shot and it's been downloading for hours, how long does it take to get up to date?

FZZ

Banned
Had 5 stones and bought 30, the most I've ever spent on the game.

Wanted a sonia, but got

1. lucifer
2. valk
3. haku
4. kirin
5. haku
6. leilan
7. genbu

I don't know what to feel :/

Jagernaut

New event.

10600512_971748229520436_8573273084420758127_n.png

*Heartwarming Holidays Pt. 1*
[Duration]: 12/19 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 12/23 (Tues), 11:59 PM (PST)

The cold that clings to your bones falls away when standing around the fire with your loved ones.

Take a moment to recount your experiences and blessings, and gather strength from them as this fine year comes to an end.

Puzzle & Dragons invites you to join us in our warm remembrance this holiday season.

■① Daily Login Bonuses
12/19 - 12/23 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.

■② Putting Up Decorations
Half the charm of Christmas is in the decorations! We have a few laying around, but they’re scattered about in gift dungeons! Could you go look for them?

12/20 - 12/28 - Snow Village (Can only run once!)

■③ What’s Under the Tree?
There are small presents, medium presents, and extra big ones. Maybe you can open something early? Either way, there will almost certainly be more!

12/19 - 12/20 - Extreme Devil Rush *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*

■④ Special Event Content
12/19 - 12/21 - ?????????????

■⑤ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Spirit Jewels are active from 12/19 to 12/23!
See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb

12/19 - Noah Descended!
12/20 - Heracles Descended!
12/21 - Thoth & Sopdet Descended!
12/22 - Takeminakata Descended!
12/22 - Zhang Fei!!
12/23 - Hera-Sowilo Descended!

■⑥ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
12/19 - 12/28 - Rare Evo Materials

Dungeon Bonus:
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
Fusion Bonus:
2x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x Skill Up rate
Drop Bonus:
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
2x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here:http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

Wave 4 balance updates:
http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/141218_powerup.html

Nothing really earth-shattering. Lots of skills with lowered cooldowns like 4 turn single-orb enhance, Vishnu gets a slight bump in power, neat awakenings added to farmable monsters.

v7.5:
http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/update7_5.html
- Enhance orbs buffed to +5%
- Most rare evo mats having their skillups reverted to what they were before; the exception being GK becoming LZL skillup
- Using one monster from a friend now keeps the other one available for use instead of removing both from your helper list.
- Min/max skill CD now available if you long press on a monster's skill info
- iOS players now have access to a 'clear local cache' button on the title screen for account resetting/rerolling

yami4ct

Had enough for one pull on the Christmas REM. Got a Genie. In a REM with almost no trolls, I got a troll. Oh well. Sure I'll pull more with the free stones.

Well I mean yeah the regular version is kinda bad, but the Santa one has a unique leader skill and the awakenings might be of use with the new +orb buff.

linsivvi

S ranked Christmas dungeon with a standard Horus team, but it's a bit risky.

My safe farm team consist of Beelzebub, Vampire Duke, Hera, Haku, King Baddie and friend Ronia. Can take a hit from the Dub-lits and Treant's defense can be broken with a bunch of dark orbs.

seady

The only useful cards out of this REM, imo are:

Chibi Valkyrie - 3 two-prong
Chibi Lucifer - 1.5 sec extension
Chibi Ronia - two dark and two red enhanced attribute
Santa Kirin - new Egyptian-god-type leader skill

Can't say they are better than the original one, but they at least play differently and can be put into different team compare to their original version.

As for the rest, they are worse compare to their original version.

Hige

Can't say they are better than the original one, but they at least play differently and can be put into different team compare to their original version.

As for the rest, they are worse compare to their original version.
You're overlooking Mini Lilith. She looks amazing for Beelzebub teams because of the TPAs. I saw someone on reddit that wanted her for a devil Bastet team too, but I'm not sure how well that would work.

One benefit that I noticed is that you get some chibis with identical stats and skills to their regular versions, but with lower rarities which is great for S-rank runs. E.g., chibi Luci and Valk are identical to their 7* regular versions but are only 5* rarity, and they even have arguably/situationally better awakenings.

colinp

Banned
One benefit that I noticed is that you get some chibis with identical stats and skills to their regular versions, but with lower rarities which is great for S-rank runs. E.g., chibi Luci and Valk are identical to their 7* regular versions but are only 5* rarity, and they even have arguably/situationally better awakenings.

Yeah, I noticed that, too.

Some of their costs are quite low as well.

smbu2000

Cleared the Thursday dungeon on my secondary account with my DMeta team (thank you dragon shogun!). I need 3 reds for to ult. my Ronia.(already have the orb) Did it 4 times today and got 2 blue and 2 green. Wed. And Fri. Dungeons are much better as you have a 50% chance of getting what you want. 1/3 is tough...can do it once more before the day is over. Hope I get a red one...

I meant Chibi L.tron specifically as a sub. Like a lot of Kirin teams need her because of the bind resist and bind recover. I am guessing I Chibi can suffice for those dungeons?

I already have L.Kali so dunno if I'd bother using Genie as a fire sub on my Kirin team.

Huh maybe I shouldn't have rolled, but I got swept up in Christmas spirit.
The good thing about mini Meta is that she has the double bind resist(and TPA). Her skill will also reduce bind 2 turns like the full LMeta. The bad thing is she doesn't have the recover bind awakening, which knocks off 3 turns of bind for making a row of hearts. I use that a lot especially when I don't want to use my active skill or when it won't take off enough turns. Still better than most subs for that purpose though, especially if you can level up her skill to 6 turns.

Hige

The JP version is ridiculous. My account is 83 days old and I have 32 tamadras lying around.

Meanwhile, the NA version is having a tamadra drought. I don't want to try tamadra village until I have 198 stamina or we get the stamina overflow update. I haven't had time to run coin dungeons for S ranks either since there are always so many event dungeons running at once.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
2 Pulls,

- Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin
- Mini Sakuya

Just pulled the regular Sakuya a couple weeks ago and have had no use for her since im focusing on U&Y/GZL already. Dont know what to think of Karin, doesnt seem to impressive as a sub for either of the teams im playing right now...what a bummer.

Trying to make it to Ocean of Heaven this weekend and/or hopefully get the Christmas Hera somehow, probably wont be as easy anytime soon to get a Gravity unit for me.

Jagernaut

I think Gaia descended is the worst dungeon in the game. It's too hard for a low cost dungeon (boss uses 99% gravity). I beat it once and will never go back.

Top Bottom