• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

ZeroAKA

What teams are you guys using for SuperBlessed? My usual Ronia team doesn't have enough HP to tank a hit on floor 6, if I can even make it that far. Those Dublits are incredibly annoying.

linsivvi

What teams are you guys using for SuperBlessed? My usual Ronia team doesn't have enough HP to tank a hit on floor 6, if I can even make it that far. Those Dublits are incredibly annoying.

Beelzebub/Duke Vampire/Hera/Haku/King Baddie/Ronia

Enough hp to tank a hit from the dublits and any attack except Treant, Beelzebub's double 2-pronged can take them out easily.

Jagernaut

Ultimate Ronia
Ronia
Ronia
D/D Haku
D/L Lilith
Ultimate Ronia

Just under 19k hp, I nuked floor 6 in 1 turn, I was more worried about the dublits. If I put Ultimate Hera Ur in place of Lilith I would have over 20k hp.

J0dy77

I ran it with Lu Bu / Ronia without any issue. Just bring poison in case you hit a bad stretch of dub cooldowns and burst the last two rounds. I one shot the final two rounds.

I ended up doing Super Blessed with U&Y. Not sure I would recommend it though. Hera's orb change and general orb troll nearly did me in on the last round. I'm not gonna bother with the S rank.

Christmas Hera finally dropped for me! Yayyy! I was playing the expert floor, I had to stone my way through master floor. I got to work on my team some more!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oh yes got Christmas Hera as well on Master - so happy :-D
I was willing to orb, but made it through without.

cw_sasuke

What current team are you using? Iirc, you had pretty good subs.

I used GZL for this one, though U&Y is my main...but no friend had him up.

Team:
GZL/Kushi/Wonder Woman/Dragon Knight/Artemis/GZL

Except the leader the rest is low level and/or unevolved - need the Masks to evolve WW/Kushi and Mystic Knight.

J0dy77

No clue why I rolled but decided to pull Christmas Rem once for a cute trophy. Pulled the full version Karin, the one Chinese God I didn't have, really crazy. Don't think ill ever use her. Must stay away from the cuteness.

Quantum

No clue why I rolled but decided to pull Christmas Rem once for a cute trophy. Pulled the full version Karin, the one Chinese God I didn't have, really crazy. Don't think ill ever use her. Must stay away from the cuteness.

I'm trying to imagine what gungho is going to do to get people to pull the regular REM after this event.

I think this is perhaps the first and only Troll free event I can think of.

- even if you don't love the 4* rolls they are still fantastic for new players and fit nicely on low star teams/tama "s" runs
- each of the mobs has different awakenings then their full counterparts and can have different uses

I expected a total trolfest - this was excellent, and perhaps because I only got 4 dupes I think its one of the best bang/buck I've had since I first broke down after a year and spent money.

Wish they had reversed which busty got the good awakenings. Not that I ever use either of my Karins ever, but B/G makes its way into much more intriguing color combinations.

Cbajd5

Rolled Xmas REM on my main account again since I got 5 stones and got keeper of the sacred texts, metatron. No idea what to do with that.

Rolled the same on my iOS Rank 14 alt account and got Holy Night Kirin Princess, Sakuya. No idea what to do with that until I actually have the team cost to use it. But I already fully awoke it to get rid of Tamadras I have nowhere else to use yet.

yay for no in app purchases

Rolled Xmas REM on my main account again since I got 5 stones and got keeper of the sacred texts, metatron. No idea what to do with that.

Rolled the same on my iOS Rank 14 alt account and got Holy Night Kirin Princess, Sakuya. No idea what to do with that until I actually have the team cost to use it. But I already fully awoke it to get rid of Tamadras I have nowhere else to use yet.

yay for no in app purchases

You don't know what to do with one of the best leaders in the game? Level her up and use her, lol.

I got enough to ulti my red Sonia. Yay! Anyone egg 2x skill up will be active. Don't want to miss a chance for a skill up while I ulti her.

How easy is Noah? I need 3 dark orbs and I'm wondering if I should wait for an easier option or just run Noah all day tomorrow.

Edit: never mind, looks like tomorrow is fire.

You don't know what to do with one of the best leaders in the game? Level her up and use her, lol.

I got enough to ulti my red Sonia. Yay! Anyone egg 2x skill up will be active. Don't want to miss a chance for a skill up while I ulti her.

The Christmas chibi version is not one of the best leaders in the game.

zoku88

Well, just gained two skill levels for my yomi using just two of those ECO things... I think I've probably used up most of my skill lvl up luck by now.

I think these makes me like 3/8 or something.

Althane

I got meimei (chibi) on my second roll. Tempted to buy a 10-pack of stones.

So, with chibi meimei and chibi haku, how'd I do on the Christmas REM? Should I possibly dump some more into it?

Epic Drop

I rolled the Christmas REM five times. Two chibi leilen, one chibi meimei, a chibi luci, and a chibi lilith. Petty decent gold to silver ratio, but not exactly what I was hoping for. I'm probably done rolling, because I need to use the upcoming free some to buy monster slots... Planning on Max skilling Lakshmi is taking up a ton of space!

jiggle

So I have
Valkyrie
King shynee
Archangel
Siren
Ruka

All uevo lv40s-70s
With enough tamadras to get 2000 auto recover out of them

should I even even bother with Guan Yinping on Master?

Edit: have alraune lilith echidna also

This was my longest S-rank, yet. Kuromi has the same active skill as Shiva. I just used Kuromi for her lower rarity. I don't have an unevolved Shiva. The theory was multiple ways to deal with all the high defense enemies, while dual Grodins tanked hits and autohealed. Flame Spirit combines with Kuromi to OHKO Treants. In practice I learned that the only crucial members was at least one Grodin lead and Kuromi/Shiva. If you can survive the initial battle to charge Kuromi, it becomes really easy to survive. You basically activate Kuromi on each battle that has high defense mobs. Use Grodins to help eliminate all but one enemy, and recharge before the next battle. It works, but it's obviously very slow, lacking any ATK multipliers. The last 2 battles take forever, especially since you must manually heal on Hera when matching poison orbs.

0YGlQDh.jpg

In hindsight, I would have tweaked the team to the one below. It's the same rarity to guarantee S-rank, but Rodin would have made it a much quicker run. You can also use a gravity mob instead of Rodin. Really anything to make the last 2 battles less tedious. Also, using an Amaterasu(preferably Attacker version for 3x ATK for both Rodin and Ama) instead of a second Grodin makes it unnecessary to manually heal during the boss battle, making it even quicker.

2afQSxD.jpg

cw_sasuke

What team do you need for the Dungeon? Don't quite get what ChibiDra skill does. Would be nice to get some Tamas for Yomi.

Hige

Got a Flampy after only 40 stamina spent in the coin dungeons. :D

The exp is awesome too, but it's hard to find a solid hour to spend speed farming, so I hadn't tried the dungeons before. There's this whale on my friend list that gains at least 2 ranks a day (currently rank 566) since the dungeons were added.

ZeroAKA

Got a dupe regular Kirin in my single Christmas REM pull. Oh well, at least I was able to max skill Yomi in less than 20 feeds.

Quantum

Got a dupe regular Kirin in my single Christmas REM pull. Oh well, at least I was able to max skill Yomi in less than 20 feeds.

I'm trying not to think about yomi, in hopes it will improve my feeding luck.

(I'm not doing well with skilling)

good news - 3/3 awakenings with baby tamas for my mini valk - and a lot of fun playing around with it.

cw_sasuke

Pulled once more and got.... Mini Lilith. lol I always wanted the normal version, but as a drop and not a REM... Well better than nothing.

Yes guaranteed drop and chibidra does nothing. You should at least get 2-3 baby every run though.
Is this a one time thing or could I orb for stamina for multiple runs? If so I'll need to clear some Challenge Dungeons for Orbs.

BTW. One Stage away from Oceans of Heaven, would probably already be finish if I had more GZL friends xD

Edit :
Thanks atlantaguy :-D
Tower to the Sky finished.

Pulled once more and got.... Mini Lilith. lol I always wanted the normal version, but as a drop and not a REM... Well better than nothing.
Chibi Lilith's double two prongs is probably better than regular Lilith for your U/Y team.

Seems like everyone is getting gold eggs but me. Only two rolls so far but hoping to get enough stones for 2-3 more rolls before Xmas REM leaves.

linsivvi

Is this a one time thing or could I orb for stamina for multiple runs? If so I'll need to clear some Challenge Dungeons for Orbs.

It is an hourly dungeon so you can run it as many times as you can. Don't worry too much, it will probably come around once a month.

If you have a low CD poison or 7777 damage sub or something like that you can clear the last stage easily.

hermit7

Chibi Lilith's double two prongs is probably better than regular Lilith for your U/Y team.

Seems like everyone is getting gold eggs but me. Only two rolls so far but hoping to get enough stones for 2-3 more rolls before Xmas REM leaves.

Rolled a decent amount and only got chibi lucifer.

Bleh.

Tried a new team for Friday dungeon mythical.

Awoken Minerva as 1 lead, Dancing hera-Ur as the second. Subs are Ronia (not ultimate), Ultimate devil Shiva, Dancing Hera-Ur (a second one), L Meta (though you could sub for Ammy-O or some other unbindable monster that can instantly cure Binds).

Awoken Minerva makes floor 1 completely irrelevant if you can kill 1 of the three mythlits on the first turn. Shiva gets you through Floor 2, Awoken Minerva and a good board can insta-kill floor three (but you can also charge on floor three ala the original Zues gravity runs). Hera-ur skill, Ronia (just in case some red orbs change to black) and then second hera-ur skill. This kills Angelit, and can kill Devilit (if you have enough damage). for me it left devilit with about 1/8th of his HP, and minerva's skill got me enough red orbs to get two rows to kill him.

All in all taking the randomness out of floor 1 may make this team worth it. I am not sure two Awoken Minerva's will do enough damage on floor 4 (and you still kind of need the shiva for floor two, can't really sub in a Lilith on this team). Are there any other red monsters that eliminate or pierce armour?

hermit7

Tried a new team for Friday dungeon mythical.

All in all taking the randomness out of floor 1 may make this team worth it. I am not sure two Awoken Minerva's will do enough damage on floor 4 (and you still kind of need the shiva for floor two, can't really sub in a Lilith on this team). Are there any other red monsters that eliminate or pierce armour?

Rodin? Decent enough and three rows and skill boosts are awesome.

Goldrush

This was my longest S-rank, yet. Kuromi has the same active skill as Shiva. I just used Kuromi for her lower rarity. I don't have an unevolved Shiva. The theory was multiple ways to deal with all the high defense enemies, while dual Grodins tanked hits and autohealed. Flame Spirit combines with Kuromi to OHKO Treants. In practice I learned that the only crucial members was at least one Grodin lead and Kuromi/Shiva. If you can survive the initial battle to charge Kuromi, it becomes really easy to survive. You basically activate Kuromi on each battle that has high defense mobs. Use Grodins to help eliminate all but one enemy, and recharge before the next battle. It works, but it's obviously very slow, lacking any ATK multipliers. The last 2 battles take forever, especially since you must manually heal on Hera when matching poison orbs.

In hindsight, I would have tweaked the team to the one below. It's the same rarity to guarantee S-rank, but Rodin would have made it a much quicker run. You can also use a gravity mob instead of Rodin. Really anything to make the last 2 battles less tedious. Also, using an Amaterasu(preferably Attacker version for 3x ATK for both Rodin and Ama) instead of a second Grodin makes it unnecessary to manually heal during the boss battle, making it even quicker.

Thanks for this. I didn't realize Odin was a workable leader for this. Pretty much gave up on Odin being one for any new dungeons.

cw_sasuke

Just in general or for whenever i need a Unit with Poison ? Because she isnt a healer or God and the U&Y team is just wood/water anyway, D/L Yomi being the exception.

Also what i wanted to ask should i even invest in Gimmick/Special characters ?Will these Mini version ever get Ult-Evos or more Awakenings ? Same for Wonder Woman, she seems like a good sub for GZL right now, but will she get updates or Ult/Evos in the future ?

Dont wanna spend exp/tamas on units that will ignored for Original PaD monsters down the line.

btw. Will units like GZL get Ult-Evos as well down the line ? Because he seem already quite powerful to me,

It is an hourly dungeon so you can run it as many times as you can. Don't worry too much, it will probably come around once a month.

If you have a low CD poison or 7777 damage sub or something like that you can clear the last stage easily.

Thanks,

i have 3 Ghostrings and now Mini Lillith. Also have Ra with the 7777 atk skill.

Guess ill just use Ra + 4 poison types and stall on the first round ?

Just in general or for whenever i need a Unit with Poison ? Because she isnt a healer or God and the U&Y team is just wood/water anyway, D/L Yomi being the exception.

Also what i wanted to ask should i even invest in Gimmick/Special characters ?Will these Mini version ever get Ult-Evos or more Awakenings ? Same for Wonder Woman, she seems like a good sub for GZL right now, but will she get updates or Ult/Evos in the future ?

Dont wanna spend exp/tamas on units that will ignored for Original PaD monsters down the line.

btw. Will units like GZL get Ult-Evos as well down the line ? Because he seem already quite powerful to me,
Based on how they treated the Batman collab, I wouldn't expect an ult for Wonder Woman. GZL on the other hand will likely get one eventually, but not anytime soon unless he's voted in.

cw_sasuke

Based on how they treated the Batman collab, I wouldn't expect an ult for Wonder Woman. GZL on the other hand will likely get one eventually, but not anytime soon unless he's voted in.

Ok thanks, wont invest in her then, her active skills is useless most of the time anyway for me.

And "voted in" ? People can vote who gets Ult-Evos ?

You only need 1. You are better off with subs with skill boosts in the other slots.

Alright thanks.
I wanna get at least 3 Tamas to get 3 Awakenings on Yomi. And maybe one to get the first TPA on Artemis.

Yeah, for special events they've opened up polls to determine who gets busties, regardless of the actual need for them to happen in the metagame. The winners of the first vote were Kirin, AA Luci, and Ltron. The winners of the second were Ronia, Satan, and Dtron.

cw_sasuke

Yeah, for special events they've opened up polls to determine who gets busties, regardless of the actual need for them to happen in the metagame. The winners of the first vote were Kirin, AA Luci, and Ltron. The winners of the second were Ronia, Satan, and Dtron.

busties = Ult-Evos ? I know i get it xD

But its nice that gamers can vote on them as well.

btw. This is another very basic question, but i`ve been wondering is the damage you recieve from enemies always the same or would you recieve less dmg from a fire enemy if all your units are water ?

Also need to upgrade my resolve team at some point. Thinking of Ult Evo Ogre.

When it comes to Healer Girls i have now Ult Evo Echidna, Mandrake, Angel but im not using any of them right now, still waiting for Siren to drop.

Top Bottom