• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

hermit7

Uevoed my Lelian today. Need to finish levelling before she can go on a team. Also need to find 7 tamas to awaken her. What are typical uses for her as a sub?

Just in general or for whenever i need a Unit with Poison ? Because she isnt a healer or God and the U&Y team is just wood/water anyway, D/L Yomi being the exception.

Also what i wanted to ask should i even invest in Gimmick/Special characters ?Will these Mini version ever get Ult-Evos or more Awakenings ? Same for Wonder Woman, she seems like a good sub for GZL right now, but will she get updates or Ult/Evos in the future ?

Dont wanna spend exp/tamas on units that will ignored for Original PaD monsters down the line.

btw. Will units like GZL get Ult-Evos as well down the line ? Because he seem already quite powerful to me
if you ever need a poisoner. though you could try making chibi-lilith your main d/l sub but you'll probably miss the time extends that yomi is giving you

silver collab eggs have never gotten ult evos, I believe. chibi-lilith is already in "ult evo" form so unless they go with the ult-ult route like the valks are, it probably won't get another evo stage. sleeping zhuge should get one eventually but it might be a while unless it gets voted in like the previous posters mentioned

Uevoed my Lelian today. Need to finish levelling before she can go on a team. Also need to find 7 tamas to awaken her. What are typical uses for her as a sub?
full board change + another orb change to make more red orbs (leilan + chiyome, for example)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
if you ever need a poisoner. though you could try making chibi-lilith your main d/l sub but you'll probably miss the time extends that yomi is giving you

silver collab eggs have never gotten ult evos, I believe. chibi-lilith is already in "ult evo" form so unless they go with the ult-ult route like the valks are, it probably won't get another evo stage. sleeping zhuge should get one eventually but it might be a while unless it gets voted in like the previous posters mentioned

Yeah, i havent even unlocked Yomis time extends - but i might use Mini Lillith for a more casual farming team for U/Y ( probably would be nice having the skills if masks show up), also nice to have something to fall back if i need to lower team costs. Might try out some new teams in the future.

zoku88

I have like five stones left, but I'm not even sure if it's worth rolling again. I already got that wicked valk and it seems like there is a pretty low chance of getting something else good. Like Christmas sakuya.

Tobe

i

asuka got one im pretty sure there are a couple of silver eggs that have gotten uvos.

This is my Sky Prison farm team. With max-skilled Lilith and Echidna, there's no need to stall in the first round. There's a low chance of orb troll in round 1, since you can attack with either Fire or Dark.

Rd1: Sweep

Rd2: If needed, use 1 turn to charge and activate Lilith

Rd3: Activate Echidna and kill Dubs. Charge all skills on TAMA. Kill with poison when monsters have no more than 2 bind counters. You can use either Rodin or Lilith in case the other is bound. You can also pre-set the board for a strong attack on the next round for extra assurance in addition to Ronia/Luci/Lu Bu burst.

Rd4: Activate Echidna and kill.

6dvn8MG.jpg

Just hit rank 120 and opened up the two helpers option; if I'm understanding it correctly, the first available choice is "Slot 1" and the other is the last team your friend used and/or looked at?

asuka got one im pretty sure there are a couple of silver eggs that have gotten uvos.
Hmm, guess I was mistaken. Maybe I heard that silver egg thing about the Batman REM.

I need a Hamahime foe my Dmeta team till I get a Hanzo. Is the wood war dragon coin dungeon my best bet at getting her right now? What are her droprates?
Hamahime is a good Hanzo substitute for Pandora teams but not for Dmeta teams. For Pandora, the active is really, really coveted so an alternative with the same active but worse stats can suffice. For Dmeta, Hanzo is good for his stats, awakenings, active, and typing. Hamahime only provides one of those things with poor stats. The active can be a safeguard against trollish 7 star boards but I'd look for something else to fill out a Dmeta lineup.

This may be helpful to you but I don't believe that has been updated to reflect the ult evo (which is less dependent on Hanzo for extra damage now that gods are boosted by the leader skill too)

Hmm, guess I was mistaken. Maybe I heard that silver egg thing about the Batman REM.

Hamahime is a good Hanzo substitute for Pandora teams but not for Dmeta teams. For Pandora, the active is really, really coveted so an alternative with the same active but worse stats can suffice. For Dmeta, Hanzo is good for his stats, awakenings, active, and typing. Hamahime only provides one of those things with poor stats. The active can be a safeguard against trollish 7 star boards but I'd look for something else to fill out a Dmeta lineup.

This may be helpful to you but I don't believe that has been updated to reflect the ult evo (which is less dependent on Hanzo for extra damage now that gods are boosted by the leader skill too)

Ah. I have two haku's. I guess I can throw Ronia and Vampire in there I just wanted something to make Haku's skill more consistent.

jay23

Should I replace drawn joker with Ebon Sorcerer, Dill Sirius on my devil team? She has 2 tpa, but I'm not sure how that works.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Should I replace drawn joker with Ebon Sorcerer, Dill Sirius on my devil team? She has 2 tpa, but I'm not sure how that works.

Farming team? Perhaps yes it doesn't make much of a difference. 1 TPA is okay, but a double TPA is perfect for breaking the defense.

Descended? DJ is a very useful devil team sub.

DJ is my stapled sub in Hera-Ur, Zeus-Vulcan, and Izanami farming team.

hermit7

This is my Sky Prison farm team. With max-skilled Lilith and Echidna, there's no need to stall in the first round. There's a low chance of orb troll in round 1, since you can attack with either Fire or Dark.

http://i.imgur.com/6dvn8MG.jpg?1[img][/QUOTE]

Been running with the same team essentially aside from echidna. I use lmeta for her bind resist as well as her active. I stall a few on round one for rodin but it is fairly safe.

cw_sasuke

Didnt know there were time limited normal dungeon - it seems like i have now access to Legendary Dragons' Footprints - looks like you can get Orb changer Knights/Healer/Starter Dragons etc. there. Sucks that it wont be up for more than a day, well and the high stamina costs...maybe later at some point.

Will try to get Siren and/or Masks in "Diva in a Sea of Clouds" today.

zoku88

Didnt know there were time limited normal dungeon - it seems like i have now access to Legendary Dragons' Footprints - looks like you can get Orb changer Knights/Healer/Starter Dragons etc. there. Sucks that it wont be up for more than a day, well and the high stamina costs...maybe later at some point.

Will try to get Siren and/or Masks in "Diva in a Sea of Clouds" today.

?

Legendary Dragon's Footprints shouldn't disappear. Did you just beat Juno Island or something? (I forget the requisite dungeon to beat.)

If you beat Footprints, it will unlike a new dragon dungeon, with no Heart orbs. Really good for U&Y :) (and GZL..)

I usually use that one for drops.

Also, I just max skilled my Yomi :)

cw_sasuke

Oops my bad...its just another day for the x1.5 drop rate hehe.

Yeah i finished Oceans of Heaven and it unlocked Vesta Cave + Legendary Dragons Footprints at the same time.

Is Sky Dragons' Domain the one with no hearts you mean ?

Also, I just max skilled my Yomi :)

Yessir congrats - hope ill get it done next year when the events comes back around. Right now its not worth my limited resources xD

zoku88

Oops my bad...its just another day for the x1.5 drop rate hehe.

Yeah i finished Oceans of Heaven and it unlocked Vesta Cave + Legendary Dragons Footprints at the same time.

Is Sky Dragons' Domain the one with no hearts you mean ?

Yessir congrats - hope ill get it done next year when the events comes back around. Right now its not worth my limited resources xD

Yea, sky dragons doesn't have hearts. So, when I'm looking for drops, I usually use that instead of Legendary Dragons cuz U&Y and GZL benefit from one less orb/ no hearts.

cw_sasuke

Yea, sky dragons doesn't have hearts. So, when I'm looking for drops, I usually use that instead of Legendary Dragons cuz U&Y and GZL benefit from one less orb/ no hearts.
This sounds great for both teams yeah.

How does orbing for Stamina work in this game right now? If I have 50/70 stamina, will I have 70/70 or 100/70 after spending am orb?

btw. Is the Devil Tama we got today also used for Awakenings or whats special about it ?

MightyKAC

So I log in and see this little Christmas rare egg "event" thing going on so I figure why not? I got 5 stones here collecting dust might as well try it out.

And then this happens.

What the HELL do I do now gaf?

Quantum

ok - so last night was a myriad of celebratory nonsense that we seem to prepackage into late December in the US.

I picked a random bar that I wanted to try on the Lower east side (nyc) due to everyone and their mother trying to make midtown's existence both vibrant and totally annoying.

the drink menu was amazing - might be my new favorite haunt - BUT when researching the place I noticed this:

IhisBuh.png

I had to drop this here - made me kinda happy seeing it.

my girl took my free pull with the 5 stones I've accumulated this week - a second baby ronia.

I'm running out of things to complain about (but I probably will anyway).

edit: oh I know: yomi is only skill level 3 after about 30 feeds - bothersome because I'd rather complain about snow globes not dropping from hera....

Man, I can't beat Master level Christmas dungeon to save my skin. Can't burn through Hera's red bar -side fast enough to stop her killing me with gravity and the follow-up, and that's if I reach her at all provided the Noel dragon or a freaking Treant don't one-shot me.

It's starting to look like my best chance at getting a Hera is getting lucky with Expert at 2x. Discouraging.

am_dragon

I've wanted Haku for my Pandora team, I figured screw it and bought 60 stones to roll the trap rem. Handed my phone to my son and told him to pull the Christmas Rem...

1 roll - Haku, done (probably not but I can't be disappointed now).

I even have a spare devilit so I can evo her all the way up today since it's super metal dragons.

Man, I can't beat Master level Christmas dungeon to save my skin. ... snip ...
It's starting to look like my best chance at getting a Hera is getting lucky with Expert at 2x. Discouraging.
I know this doesn't really help you, maybe encouragement... but I did get Hera on expert.

Rekwest

Man, I can't beat Master level Christmas dungeon to save my skin. Can't burn through Hera's red bar -side fast enough to stop her killing me with gravity and the follow-up, and that's if I reach her at all provided the Noel dragon or a freaking Treant don't one-shot me.

I got one in Master after my 3rd run.

smbu2000

full board change + another orb change to make more red orbs (leilan + chiyome, for example)
Recently Shiryu, silver 4 star character from the Saint Seiya collab, got an ult evo, so it does happen. I'm going to ult evo mine and use him on my GZL team.

Edit: I'm glad that Christmas Hera comes out already with awakenings accessible. I picked up a few and got all of her awakenings done as well. Raised her skill lol by 1 as well. I was planning on raising my Hera Is skill level, by doing the Hera dungeon every once in awhile, but maybe I should do Christmas Hera instead...

cw_sasuke

This sounds great for both teams yeah.

How does orbing for Stamina work in this game right now? If I have 50/70 stamina, will I have 70/70 or 100/70 after spending am orb?

btw. Is the Devil Tama we got today also used for Awakenings or whats special about it ?

.... Anyone?

smbu2000

.... Anyone?
Has the overflow stamina update come out there already? If so then you will get what you put in on top. E.g. If you are 50/70 then you will have another 70 added on top, so you would be at 120/70.

I don't know if that means you would be able to enter a 99 stamina dungeon or not as I haven't tried it. (and my stamina is over 99)

If the update hasn't come out yet, then it would just fill your stamina and you would be at 70/70.

colinp

Banned
YOLO pull and got a second mini Leilan.. damn it.

Should I just feed her to my first for the awakening? Not sure I need two, right?

J0dy77

How is everyone doing with Guan Tinting? Master is a complete joke for Valk team. Not sure how legend will go. The difficulty seems to bump way up.

J0dy77

YOLO pull and got a second mini Leilan.. damn it.

Should I just feed her to my first for the awakening? Not sure I need two, right?

Hold on to her. For the tri color Chinese God's, multiple versions are some of the best subs on their team.

matt360

Grodin friend with autoheal maybe? It'll take forever, but it's not exactly difficult.

cw_sasuke

Has the overflow stamina update come out there already? If so then you will get what you put in on top. E.g. If you are 50/70 then you will have another 70 added on top, so you would be at 120/70.

I don't know if that means you would be able to enter a 99 stamina dungeon or not as I haven't tried it. (and my stamina is over 99)

If the update hasn't come out yet, then it would just fill your stamina and you would be at 70/70.
Hmm yeah that's what I'm trying to figure out if the update has already been integrated.

And for that Devil Tamadra... Also used for Awakenings?

saichi

decided to do yolo pull for Christmas REM for each day.

Fri: chibi meimei (1st of any meimei)
Sat: chibi kirin (1st of any kirin)

not sure if I should continue pushing my luck.

On a side note, should I use chibi kirin for lead if I already have a lv96 DQXQ lead?

colinp

Banned
Hold on to her. For the tri color Chinese God's, multiple versions are some of the best subs on their team.

I hadn't thought about it, but you're completely right. Giddy up!

Two mini leilans and one mini and one real Karin. Not too shabby!

zoku88

I had difficulty even on master.

All of my healer main subs are <50 execpt for Blue Valk (65, who was leader) and echidna (71).

Only 8K-ish HP made the boss a big pain.

Jagernaut

What is your team?

I used this team for Guan Yinping Master and it was really easy.

Valk
Valk
Fuu
King Shynee
Echidna
Valk friend

All were max awoken and max Lv except for my 2nd Valk who was Lv 72. King Shynee only has 2 skillups, everyone else was max skilled.

After that exhausting S-rank run, I haven't felt like even thinking about a farm team until today. I concocted the team below and took it for a test run. Went extremely well. I played conservatively, charging skills early and not using skills unless absolutely needed. But I ended up not even using any skills besides
Shiva until the last round. Didn't even need Echidna's safety button. Team has 11 skill boosts, 10 rows, and 1.5x time extension. Echidna is ready on turn-1. Very safe and quick build. Even faster if you use your skills more liberally than I did during my test run. Also, team HP is over 50K, so it can even tank Dub hits if unavoidable or you want to save skills.

dSXOtvg.jpg

I haven't tried Guan Pinying yet.

razterik

How is everyone doing with Guan Tinting? Master is a complete joke for Valk team. Not sure how legend will go. The difficulty seems to bump way up.

Beat up Meatbuns with a Hatsume/Blue Valk combo. Sub another Blue Valk, King Shynee, and two max skill Echidnas. Hatsume HP and RCV boost means you can tank and heal everything outside Seiryuu's last move. You can delay her before she kills you. If that isn't enough turns, use Valk before she attacks to take hearts off the board and don't match anything. Without hearts, Seiryuu will keep stumbling her move (so cute) and not attack. Delay again or don't match anything and set the board for a big combo. A single Echidna is probably more than enough if you burst quickly. Meatbuns herself is only a problem when she converts off your hearts to red. If you have Shynee and a bit of blue on board, one shot her with a decent combo. Otherwise, stall and try to keep her above 50%. The heal and green bar are annoying to a primarily blue team.

Hmm yeah that's what I'm trying to figure out if the update has already been integrated.

NA is always about two updates behind, so the stamina overflow isn't here yet. So a stone will just fill your bar right now. Also, it won't let you run anything that your natural stamina is too low for, so no 99 stamina dungeons until you have that much without overflow.

Devil Tamadra is like a big metal dragon, fuse for exp. Or use as a weekend dungeon leader for 1.5x coins if you have no other option.

Broke my no roll policy for Christmas REM and kinda regret it. Chibi Kirin, normal Kirin, chibi Lilith, chibi Lucifer, and two red witches. Only maybe have a use for the red witch and lilith. Meh. Can't decide if I should just go all in for something more useful or fuse these away for pluses and pretend this lapse in judgement never happened, heh.

Hige

I think you should keep King DeviTAMA. I doubt it gives awakenings and so far it's the only one ever released in NA. It has some potential for farming coins or low cost teams.

cw_sasuke

NA is always about two updates behind, so the stamina overflow isn't here yet. So a stone will just fill your bar right now. Also, it won't let you run anything that your natural stamina is too low for, so no 99 stamina dungeons until you have that much without overflow.

Devil Tamadra is like a big metal dragon, fuse for exp. Or use as a weekend dungeon leader for 1.5x coins if you have no other option.

Okay thanks - i remembered reading about the stamina overflow update but want sure if its already in the US version.
I think you should keep King DeviTAMA. I doubt it gives awakenings and so far it's the only one ever released in NA. It has some potential for farming coins or low cost teams.

Good thats what ill do then, i dont need the dark exp right now anyway and it looks like King DeviTama might be more useful in the future.

am_dragon

I am in Group B and just saw this. Ugh, so lame. I'm going to miss it. 2 AM is just too late for me. :(

I can't believe I lucked out, group C here. I think 2 of the last 3 gold dragons have been at 2am for me, same for Starry View Lane.

Anyone have an idea of how many tamadra's this dungeon drops / run?

colinp

Banned
I can't believe I lucked out, group C here. I think 2 of the last 3 gold dragons have been at 2am for me, same for Starry View Lane.

Anyone have an idea of how many tamadra's this dungeon drops / run?

I dunno but I think it was a mistake to use my stones on that yolo pull. Well, I guess it'll be around again, right?

Top Bottom