• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

hermit7

I'm always jealous of people's U&Y teams. I'm lacking almost all the core subs (second U&Y, Sun Quan, Yomi, Kushi). I think the ideal team with my box involves some combonation of BValk, LZL, D/L Batman, DKali, and Grodin. Not exactly a dream team :/.

I may throw a Blue or black Valk on it rather than a third uy.

Rolled a few times on the second day urd, marine rider, blonia (3rd), as gold three other are dupes.
Urd is alright but what do I do with her?

jay23

1 stonned challenge 5, got a bad ronia board on vamp mostly reds.

I don't think I stand a chance in challenge 6 with lu bu/ ronia. What teams did you guys use to clear it?

jiggle

Main
Berserker z
Ur chimera
Verdandi
Light Kali

Alt
Shaitan
Failio lololol
Light metatron dupe
Ifrit

I wanted Kali even though I have no use for her
A pretty bad godfest, otherwise

1 stonned challenge 5, got a bad ronia board on vamp mostly reds.

I don't think I stand a chance in challenge 6 with lu bu/ ronia. What teams did you guys use to clear it?
I threw together a weird, green focused, U&Y TPA team. Subs were Grodin, GZL, G/D Bastet, and Marine Rider. I pretty much just brute forced the whole thing. Was hoping to block Izanami's skill bind, but it didn't. Luckily I didn't need an active to kill her in one shot.

J0dy77

How is everyone's luck with getting spirit jewels from the pal rem? I used to have very good luck with king metals from pal egg but seems the jewels are a lot more rare. Still have not gotten one.

How is everyone's luck with getting spirit jewels from the pal rem? I used to have very good luck with king metals from pal egg but seems the jewels are a lot more rare. Still have not gotten one.
I've gotten two or three. Not worth relying on imo, but always a nice surprise when it happens.

Hige

I think I've gotten one of each color from the PEM since they were first added, with a big drought between the first one and the rest. My approach now is to capitalize on farming easy descends or just to try random descends once and hope for an invade. That way I hopefully have jewels ahead of time.

J0dy77

I think I've gotten one of each color from the PEM since they were first added, with a big drought between the first one and the rest. My approach now is to capitalize on farming easy descends or just to try random descends once and hope for an invade. That way I hopefully have jewels ahead of time.

I've been having real bad luck with invades and the pal rem. I just wanted to confirm it was more rare than what we saw with the king metal pal events. Males sender that it would be this way.

Just need a blue and dark invade for beelzebub awoken evolve. Big piece of my lu bu team plan.

Okamid3n

How would an Athena team fare without Izanami or an equivalent?

My planned team : Athena, Valk, Apollo, Kirin, Verche/BlueMeta, Athena friend.

I also have a completely unlevelled, unevolved LMeta which would be on-color, unlike BMeta, but...I don't really feel like wasting the exp/evo mat/tamas. It's just an rcv/awakening stick and bind clearer.

I'm thinking the burst would be lacking without Izanagi, but I have no replacement that would fit this team, really.

On an unrelated note, are you guys saving your Pal points hoping we also get the Mini-3Ks? I'm not sure if I should save them or use them right now, hoping for the light orb I need.

Happy new Year! Tama~

damisa

7 rolls:

Shaitan
Fairlio
Green Sonia ( had red and blue and wanted green)
Mystic dark knight
Sarutobi Sasuke
Marine Rider
Apollo (dupe)

I really wanted a Hanzo, oh well. Happy to finish my Sonia collection.

Hige

I've been having real bad luck with invades and the pal rem. I just wanted to confirm it was more rare than what we saw with the king metal pal events. Males sender that it would be this way.

Just need a blue and dark invade for beelzebub awoken evolve. Big piece of my lu bu team plan.
King metals are only 5 stars though, jewels are 7.

Good luck with Beelzebub! I really like him for coin dungeons (as a leader). The only disappointment is that it doesn't seem practical to run a TPA team for bosses, since it's hard to strike the right balance between TPA, utility subs, and keeping RCV high enough. Plus the damage multiplier is nowhere near as high as GZL. The beefy HP and an emergency heal (+ orb enhance) is handy though.

Had a roll wanted hanzo, pandora, dark valk, loki basically anything that can help my ronia or dmea team.

Got a gamble mage...

15 stones for hanzo and all silvers.

Jagernaut

I cheesed my way through challenge Lv 6 with the team below from puzzledragonx.com (High Dark Ninja can be used instead of Lucifer). It took less than an hour and I fed the Badpy prize to my ultimate evolved DTron. With 9000 auto heal from Amaterasu + awakenings it was easy.

go71A5p.jpg

Happy New Year, y'all!

So, I was feeling superstitious and decided to play with the REM window theory again. I haven't bothered in ages, but anecdotal evidence is always fun, right? I pulled the PEM until a gold egg popped out, then went straight to the REM to try my luck. Results:

Day 1 Godfest
Tamadra > D/W Batman (gold)
Mythlit > Mistrain (silver)

Day 2 Godfest
Keeper of Rainbow > Apocalypse (gold)
Angelit > Light Zhuge Liang (gold)

Starting the year off with apocalyptic rainbows is always a good sign!
After reading this post, I decided to give this a try since I had another roll saved up.

1st pull of PEM: Moltdra (star)
2nd pull of PEM: Keeper of Dark (silver)
3rd pull of PEM: Keeper of Rainbow (gold)

Went to the REM, pulled: Yamato Takeru (gold)

Hmm.

Varvor

Just started playing this game.

Got Loki on my first pull post tutorial, how good is he?

Is there ranking site akin to Monster Strike?

Kyu

Neo Member
Just started playing this game.

Got Loki on my first pull post tutorial, how good is he?

Is there ranking site akin to Monster Strike?

Check out the beginners section in the first post. The "A more quantitative approach to starter tiers" guide is pretty good

Guys guys guys! I saved all my rolls for the third day and I finally got my Anubis! Yes!
But I didn't get any Egyptian gods from series 2...again.

Hige

After reading this post, I decided to give this a try since I had another roll saved up.

1st pull of PEM: Moltdra (star)
2nd pull of PEM: Keeper of Dark (silver)
3rd pull of PEM: Keeper of Rainbow (gold)

Went to the REM, pulled: Yamato Takeru (gold)

Hmm.
When it works, it works 100% of the time!

Day 3 Godfest
Dub-emelit > Evolved Anubis
Blue Dragon Fruit > Green Odin
Angelit > Pierdrawn
Jewel of Water > Venus
Divine Indigo Mask > Ifrit (troll gold egg)
Divine Gold Mask > Thumbelina
1 star Baddie > Dark Metatron!

Pretty sure my account is allergic to Egyptian 2.0 at this point. :( Surprising amount of gold eggs from the PEM though (18 rolls), and DMeta seems better than GZL on the NA version these days.

Guys guys guys! I saved all my rolls for the third day and I finally got my Anubis! Yes!
But I didn't get any Egyptian gods from series 2...again.
If you can handle him you've basically beaten the game lol. I'm terrible with him.

jay23

I've gotten 2 jewels from the pem.

Speaking of I need 1 more devilit for Shiva uevo, so of course I get my 4th angelit instead lol.

I's there any way to cheese sky prison? I saw a video with Zeus that made it seem quite easy.

razterik

3 Silvers 1 Gold...
Got a Set from the gold though.
What're people's opinions about him?

He's kind of bad, sadly. There are many easier ways to get 3.5x damage than to match four orb types. It is difficult to get decent coverage with sub elements using primarily red subs and still have useful actives. And even with his RCV boost, red teams suffer a lot from healing issues, so his stalling ability is somewhat limited.

Here's some sample videos.

colinp

Banned
What are the uses for Dark Valk? She seems like a lesser Vamp (with better awakenings), especially since there are so few dark healers.

razterik

Looking at her super Ultimate evo, she has much, much better awakenings and God type. Great for almost any dark team, including D/B Batman, Ultimate Dark Tron, and makes an amazing combo with Pandora. Also can lead a 3x dark god squad.

Dispatch

I saved up for four rolls. Two trash rolls, a Thor, and a Bearded Deity Guan Yu.

I'm familiar with Thor (ugh), but, what are the best uses for Guan Yu?

colinp

Banned
Looking at her super Ultimate evo, she has much, much better awakenings and God type. Great for almost any dark team, including D/B Batman, Ultimate Dark Tron, and makes an amazing combo with Pandora. Also can lead a 3x dark god squad.

Ooh right, her uvo! Just need a Jewel of Fire and I'd be set. Thanks for the ideas.

NineH

I'm going to have to stop rolling after this meh haul

Nephthys x3
Ra (dupe)
Evolved Genie
Wood Wizard Leeza
Woodbahn
Divinegon
Shaitan
Fairlio
Basilisk
Earth Golem

Who am I kidding, this slot machine is too addicting though rolls like this do sour me a bit.

J0dy77

I saved up for four rolls. Two trash rolls, a Thor, and a Bearded Deity Guan Yu.

I'm familiar with Thor (ugh), but, what are the best uses for Guan Yu?

Thor is one of the more underrated characters in this game. He has amazing awakenings for a row enhance team and his active is really strong in the right situation. He's a great sub on an athena team and I really think he could be good as a leader when paired with an all Light Athena team. Similar to Lu Bu and Ronia.

Tobe

1 roll yesterday and 2 right now,

day 2: tiamat
day 3: Ronia, sylph.

no idea on what to do with a second ronia, sub? crap sylph ugh.

Jagernaut

1 roll yesterday and 2 right now,

day 2: tiamat
day 3: Ronia, sylph.

no idea on what to do with a second ronia, sub? crap sylph ugh.

Ronia is a great sub for herself. My standard Ronia farming team is 3 Ronia, ultimate Hera-Ur, and Haku. Very strong against everything but water bosses.

Epic Drop

Saved all my stones for this last day of Godfest... really want an Egyptian 2.0 god.

First roll: Another troll Thanatos. That makes 2 in a row from this POS REM.

Second roll: Light Wee Jas. Yuck. If this was his green version only available in the silver REM he would be a nice fit on a GGY team, but as far as I can tell this is just bad.

Gonna save my remaining rolls for later today. My luck does not appear strong thus far though.

smbu2000

Couldn't resist trying for a Egyptian 2 god on my secondary account. Pulled two more times and got a Serpent (-_-) and Osiris! My first Egyptian 2 god.

3.5x attack shouldn't be too difficult to get to at 6 combos. The HP and RCV boost are also nice.

Now to see if I can put together a team.
My main green characters are: GrOdin, G/L Meimei, Michael, G/L Parvati, Artemis, GZL (2 of them), GGY, Avalon Drake (not evolved yet), Cu Chu and Dragon Knight (both 1 off of max skill), Thumbelina. LValk and Athena as well, but I still need to evolve Athena so I can ult. her.

The DBastet on my main account seems like a good pairing for Osiris.

When the skill ups switch back again, I'm going to have to see about farming the Wed. Dungeon. Although I can use those Green masks for Avalon Drake as well.

smbu2000

Saved all my stones for this last day of Godfest... really want an Egyptian 2.0 god.

First roll: Another troll Thanatos. That makes 2 in a row from this POS REM.

Second roll: Light Wee Jas. Yuck. If this was his green version only available in the silver REM he would be a nice fit on a GGY team, but as far as I can tell this is just bad.

Gonna save my remaining rolls for later today. My luck does not appear strong thus far though.
Light Wee Jas is pretty good. He has the double bind resist, so bind doesn't affect him. He has two time extends, so he is great like Yomi.

His skill delays the enemy 1 turn and makes a line of hearts, so you are guaranteed 3 turns of bind heal. That's just with him, if you have another character with bind heal, then that's even more. Not to mention if there are any jammer drops or poison drops in that middle row, then they will be changed to hearts.

I'd like to have Wee Jas on my account(s).

I don't know if you watch youtube p&d vids, but Max Murai uses LWJ on his teams sometimes.

hermit7

Ronia is a great sub for herself. My standard Ronia farming team is 3 Ronia, ultimate Hera-Ur, and Haku. Very strong against everything but water bosses.

Is there a reason that you use hera ur over someone like d/f luci? I have a similar team but may use hera ur instead her mini grab and fire enhance may pair well.

The only issue is I tend to run a more dark based team with baddie (no lubu) instead. And if I need multiple floor of burst I will run a lubu friend.

Jagernaut

Is there a reason that you use hera ur over someone like d/f luci? I have a similar team but may use hera ur instead her mini grab and fire enhance may pair well.

The only issue is I tend to run a more dark based team with baddie (no lubu) instead. And if I need multiple floor of burst I will run a lubu friend.

If you have 4 Ronias (including friend leader) on the team like I do, focusing on fire does more damage. Ultimate Hera-Ur has 1900 atk with no plus eggs.

For a dark focused team I switch Hera-Ur for D/D Lucifer or ultimate Hadar and add D/D Loki or D/L Lilith or Dill Sirius (max skilled) in place of the Ronia subs.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
THIS felt good.

I think easily finished Challenge Dungeon Lvl 4 this time and got my Tama reward. I think this was the first i played U&Y how he is supposed to be played.

- focusing on water dmg ( though D/L Yomi has quite high atk stats for some reason)
- stalling and in general taking a more laid back play style, taking your time for the dungeon
- clearing out red orbs AND hearts, before i only cleared red orbs and for some reason kept the hearts. But with nearly 15k hp and RCV nearing 4k i can take a hit, made a huge difference.

Had all skills ready for the final stage - Sun Quan/Yomi and the Boss was like " Im screwed right ?" lol...

2015-01-02-18-32-30kes9s.png

These demons with their binding attacks though - they can be troublesome especially since water or green bind means most of my team is rendered useless.
Can anyone that uses GZL add me?

I will add you !!

zoku88

Rolled twice today.

Melon dragon.
Bastet

Also tried Athena today and had to use two stones... One because I made the mistake of not saving hearts on floor 2. And another for doing a 50x on Athena, but her being left with a tiny sliver of health and me not having dark orbs.

At least I got the jewel of darkness too.

Epic Drop

Congrats Sasuke! Big accomplishment! It's been fun to watch your progress as you get a better and better understanding of how to run your teams :) I think it was you to whom I was giving advice about Zombie Farming teams not too long ago... if so, you've come a long way!

I really wanted an egyptian 2.0 god, so I bought a 30 pack. My totally dream world ideal rolls would have been D. Meta, Hathor, Osiris, or Skuld. I didn't get any of them, but I'm actually pretty happy with the rolls.

1. Nephthys
2. Dragon Rider
3. GrimRock (wtf?)
4. Verdandi
5. Grape Dragon (dupe, got a skill up though!)
6. Chrono Turtle

Honestly, Nephthys was my third choice for egyptian 2.0 gods, but now that I have her I'm sortof excited. 9x attack isn't a lot, but I have some absolutely killer subs for her - many of whom have single or double TPAs to make that 9x hurt a lot more. I've got:

1. D. Kali
2. Max skilled Persephone
3. Loki (who I can turn D/W)
4. DL Lilith
5. chibi lilith
6. Max Skilled Gryps Rider
7. Max Awoken Grape Dragon
8. Durga

and I could make:

1. Ult DL Fagan
2. Ult Beelzebub

I think I've got all of the pieces for a really nice team. Now I just need some Tamadras and some friends! Anyone on GAF plan on running Nephthys somewhat consistantly?

Regarding Verdandi, I actually have two of the key subs for her (Parvati and Cu Chu), and two farmable subs are coming somewhat soon (Almadel and Medjedra). But, I haven't really heard people talking about the Norns. Are they actually any good?

Top Bottom