• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Happy New Year PAD-Gaf!

Rolled three times, GZL, Dragon Shogun, and Hanzo. Pretty pretty nice.

Got 400 days coming up tomorrow, will probably save the stones for the last day day of god fest, but I also really want dark Valk, so... we'll see.

Jagernaut

Used free stones to make 4 pulls, 3 were gold and no dupes.

Ame no Uzume
Susano
Red Chester
Radious

I also got Lemon Dragon on the first try, only fruit dragon I was missing.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Happy new year PaD GAF.

Pulled twice (last pulles for the next months, will save up Orbs from now on).

Got Chrono Turtle (?) and.... and..... and...

another U&Y lol.... My 3rd one, it's getting crazy.

zoku88

I'll probably just save my rolls for tomorrow and the day after.

The only thing I want from today is kushi.
And man, I'm sucking at legendary seaway. Even without RCV, it's hard for to hit 25x for 7 rounds in a row. I think I need to learn how to hit 25x and also position some orbs for the next round so that I don't get stuck with more than two types that are sorta far from each other.

Did that update with 100% skillup chance with max lvl'd monsters get pushed to the NA yet?
Yes.

But it only works for ultimate evo monsters supposedly. Haven't tried it myself, but before you fuse, the feeder monster should be flashing white to indicate a guaranteed skill-up. So make sure you see that indicator before feeding.

smbu2000

Happy New Year!

Spent yesterday playing the Satan Descend hoping for the Sakuya invade. Got 2 of them on my iPad account, now I just need to evolve my Athena, then I can ult. her. On my main account, I had 0 invades, so I'm still lacking the materials to ult. my Athena on that one.

Just used my only Light orb to ult. my Ceres and I finally have my Awoken Ceres. Yay! Also used my two Woodpys on her and now she's max skilled. 7 turns for 30% of max HP recovery and 3 turn bind recovery, very nice!

I've put together a makeshift team of Leader Ceres, Subs: DBastet (max skill), GrOdin, GZL, and Sasuke (max skill).
Haven't tried it out yet, but I also have others who I could sub in. Kushi, LParvati (max skill), Avalon Drake, GrOdin (number 2), Freyja (will make G/L version), Artemis, Dragon Knight (max skill) and Liu Bei (have two, will make the 3 TPA one first).

Happy New Year PADGaf :)
I'm saving my rolls right now for Day 3, but I just unlocked the Challenge Mode in the game. Woohoo! I'm going through all the dungeons again collecting stones.

Quantum

Happy New Years. Getting ready for a really cold night, booze, food and trying to avoid uber pressure/surge gouging.

- not pulling during these three days, not really anything I want except a chrono turtle lol (and some of the godfest only mobs.)
- batman collab is being as stingy as the gungho collab was - amazing how I need the same two keepers for everything I'd like to skill up - so I see me running keepers for the next month or two on Tuesdays.

- I've had only 1 evolved grundy drop this week so far - used 100% of my stamina farming this collab.

- not trying to, I've already skilled my ra to 4 - would much rather be taking the attempts on hermes, although only need 2 skill ups for turn zero goodness.

flammie

Happy New Year!

I've put together a makeshift team of Leader Ceres, Subs: DBastet (max skill), GrOdin, GZL, and Sasuke (max skill).
Haven't tried it out yet, but I also have others who I could sub in. Kushi, LParvati (max skill), Avalon Drake, GrOdin (number 2), Freyja (will make G/L version), Artemis, Dragon Knight (max skill) and Liu Bei (have two, will make the 3 TPA one first).

Why lead with ceres? You should lead with Parvati, with avalon drake, artemis, liu bei, and frejya as subs. Unconditional 9x with tons of heart making/heart breaking, full board change and green rows.

smbu2000

Why lead with ceres? You should lead with Parvati, with avalon drake, artemis, liu bei, and frejya as subs. Unconditional 9x with tons of heart making/heart breaking, full board change and green rows.
Ceres is going to be more of a tank type of team. 2.5x attack Green/Balance, and the 50% damage reduction from L/D monsters.
Once I find an Awoken Ceres friend then I'll have 6.25 attack along with 75% damage reduction from L/D monsters. That's pretty good to tank a lot of dungeons with predominantly L/D monsters and some power to get by when I need to. (before a super powerful attack)

I've tried a bit with a Parvati team, but for an attacking Green party, I'd rather go with GZL as a leader.

Otherwise I go with my other teams for stronger attack potential; LMeta healer team, LHorus team, or Sakuya team. (I also just recently created a U&Y team, but I haven't tried them out yet.)

Pulled twice, Izanagi (dupe) and a blue guardian (waste). On the plus side I got a skill up on my main Izanagi (10 round 2x God boost!)

Of course getting one skill up means that I want another, anyone have good teams for rounds 7 and 9 of the challenge dungeon?

Any recommendations are nice, I've got a lot of monsters and sometimes seeing somethjng I don't have gives me ideas on something I do have.

FZZ

Banned
Happy New Years GAF

Did three rolls today got Sasuke, Odin, and a Light Golem (ugh).

I was happy I got gold, but I really have no use for these guys.

J0dy77

Happy new year to my favorite community!

Figured I'd throw one pull today and two tomorrow. Pulled sorcerer dill Sirius. No clue what I'll do with her but I'll take it over another golem.

On another note, jewels continue to troll the crap out of me. Another 8 runs off Satan today with no invade. I'm nearing 30 descended runs without an invade.

linsivvi

Pulled twice, Izanagi (dupe) and a blue guardian (waste). On the plus side I got a skill up on my main Izanagi (10 round 2x God boost!)

Of course getting one skill up means that I want another, anyone have good teams for rounds 7 and 9 of the challenge dungeon?

Any recommendations are nice, I've got a lot of monsters and sometimes seeing somethjng I don't have gives me ideas on something I do have.

Level 9 you can try a Beelzebub and Ronia 2/7.5/2.5 team. Just filled the team with your best devils. Double Ronia works too, but this setup is much safer and you can even use mostly farmable subs. That lowered attack will be made up with Beelzebub's double 2 prongs. If you don't have Lu Bu then King Baddie works just fine.

Level 7 I just brute forced it....

Happy New Year's everyone!

And fuck this Godfest! I actually considered pulling for Hearts and Diamonds even without a Godfest, but when I read that it would overlap with a couple of Godfests, I figured I'd wait and see what's announced. The Godfest which has the most monsters I still lack is gonna be the third day, when Hearts and Diamonds is already over. Figures. It actually made me NOT want to pull anymore. Oh well. At least I can continue saving stones!

smbu2000

Well it's the second day of the JP Godfest and I decided to pull.

Secondary account: 4 times, 2 silver and 2 gold; Salamander (dupe), Berserker Z, Dill Sirius and U&Y.

Was hoping for a Lu Bu, but not bad for 4 pulls. Berserker Z could be useful on my red devil team. Dill Sirius on my dark devil team. Might be tough to make a good U&Y team.

Main account: 1 pull, gold; LKali

Surprised at this one. Need to figure out a team for her now. This pull makes me wish I had max skilled my Fuma Kotaro. I can throw her into my LHorus or Sakuya team for now. I can even use her in my LMeta team as she is a healer, too. Very versatile character. Now to see if I can skill level her up once her skill up returns, 7 turn board change would be very nice.

colinp

Banned
I don't like the taste of champagne guys

What kind of champagne did you drink? Like wine, not all champagne is created equal. And the bad stuff can be really bad compared with the good stuff. But also, personal preference and all that. Don't worry too much if it doesn't strike your fancy.

Back on topic, think I'll roll twice for the second Godfest. Not really sure what I want in particular, but it's good to roll.

razterik

It gets better the more you drink, I guess?

Happy New Year's! I celebrated by finally finishing Hera Rush. Took three tries, but I made it through fairly well once I got a feel for the first two stages with Minerva.

Going to pull a few times on the good JP fest tonight. Have like 70+ stones from this last month.

zoku88

Did my Day Two pull:

Archangel metatron (cool, but have too many other mons I need tamadras for, so I probably won't user/evolve her any time soon.)
Dark Golem...

Happy New Years.

jiggle

First roll of the year
They trolled me with a silver egg
Mwahaha
Too bad I actually can use berserker z

Edit: silver on alt also. Shaitan. Meh
Guess I can use it with krishna or all red ronia team?

Hige

Happy New Year, y'all!

So, I was feeling superstitious and decided to play with the REM window theory again. I haven't bothered in ages, but anecdotal evidence is always fun, right? I pulled the PEM until a gold egg popped out, then went straight to the REM to try my luck. Results:

Day 1 Godfest
Tamadra > D/W Batman (gold)
Mythlit > Mistrain (silver)

Day 2 Godfest
Keeper of Rainbow > Apocalypse (gold)
Angelit > Light Zhuge Liang (gold)

Starting the year off with apocalyptic rainbows is always a good sign!

cw_sasuke

Okay just had to do one last New Years pull - Viper Orochi. Well...not what i wanted but at least his Ult Evo has 2x TPA Awakenings. Maybe i can use him with U&Y.

colinp

Banned
I pulled PAL right before and got a blue moltdra. My first two tools of the year are:

Mochizuki Chiyome
Blazing Maiden, Princess Valk (Dalk)

Cool! I have no idea what to do with either, hah, but they were both plus eggs.

It's Lawrence Malby Cremant Classic whatever the hell that is

Yeah, I wouldn't drink that if my life depended on it. If you ever get a chance try some Moët & Chandon and see if you like it. The champagne name comes from France and technically only from the champagne region of France, everything else is considered sparkling wine. California has both good wine and drinkable sparkling wine. Michigan...? Don't believe the hype!

cw_sasuke

Thinking of dropping Yomi from my U&Y team for now - i rarely get to use CTW and while its nice to have, its not helping at this point. Will have to skill her up and include her only if i know there will be enough time to stall. Also got better with activating U&Y anyway....

well nevermind, just realized i got way better with 25x because of Yomis Extend Time Awakenings....
KuGsj.gif

NineH

Two pulls for me for the 2nd day of the godfest

Dragon Rider
Succubus

At least dragon rider is not a dupe but still a gold egg troll though.

Rolled my third Leila, some toy dragons, and three Nagas in a row. What better way to start the new year off than with some "reduced rates". Freaking ridiculous...

am_dragon

Happy new year. I hit level 300 yesterday and today was 700 days. 10 free stones during a god fest is pretty handy. I have everything but Perseus so I'm skipping today.

Yesterday I did one pull with my tablet, non-iap account and got Kali. Pulled one on my main account fail lion. oh well. At least I can use her on the other account.

hermit7

Thinking of dropping Yomi from my U&Y team for now - i rarely get to use CTW and while its nice to have, its not helping at this point. Will have to skill her up and include her only if i know there will be enough time to stall. Also got better with activating U&Y anyway....

well nevermind, just realized i got way better with 25x because of Yomis Extend Time Awakenings....
KuGsj.gif

Yomi is a key sub despite her lack of healer type. Max skilled with some boosts and she should be up by the end of the dungeon.

My uy team is pretty good I just need to work on levelling my dub uy. Would then switch out lmeta and kush for then and keep sun quan and yomi.

J0dy77

Rolled in day two of the Godfest and got completely trolled. Thumbelina and Vampire, very sad. I'm staying away with my remaining 7 stones.

Good news is that I finally got an invade and t he yellow jewel. Now should I evolve Kirin for Athena team or wait for blue and purple and evolve Beelzebub for Lubu/Ronia team?

Yomi is a key sub despite her lack of healer type. Max skilled with some boosts and she should be up by the end of the dungeon.

My uy team is pretty good I just need to work on levelling my dub uy. Would then switch out lmeta and kush for then and keep sun quan and yomi.
I'm always jealous of people's U&Y teams. I'm lacking almost all the core subs (second U&Y, Sun Quan, Yomi, Kushi). I think the ideal team with my box involves some combonation of BValk, LZL, D/L Batman, DKali, and Grodin. Not exactly a dream team :/.

cw_sasuke

I think my problem right now is that im not tackling the Desc where i really need CTW to success, as said before her Awakenings alone have improved my Killspeed when it comes to enemies with higher defense like Masks. I really will have to focus on lvl up CTW this year....

Lets see how it looks when the team is +75 and and which changes are necessary then. Also trying to figure out which Awakenings i should unluck at first right now, dont wanna waste them again.

Top Bottom