• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

When it works, it works 100% of the time!

Day 3 Godfest
Dub-emelit > Evolved Anubis
Blue Dragon Fruit > Green Odin
Angelit > Pierdrawn
Jewel of Water > Venus
Divine Indigo Mask > Ifrit (troll gold egg)
Divine Gold Mask > Thumbelina
1 star Baddie > Dark Metatron!

Pretty sure my account is allergic to Egyptian 2.0 at this point. :( Surprising amount of gold eggs from the PEM though (18 rolls), and DMeta seems better than GZL on the NA version these days.

If you can handle him you've basically beaten the game lol. I'm terrible with him.

I don't think I can successfully activate his ability constantly lol but I'll work with him and see what I can do. I just think he's really cool lol :)

THIS felt good.

I think easily finished Challenge Dungeon Lvl 4 this time and got my Tama reward. I think this was the first i played U&Y how he is supposed to be played.

- focusing on water dmg ( though D/L Yomi has quite high atk stats for some reason)
- stalling and in general taking a more laid back play style, taking your time for the dungeon
- clearing out red orbs AND hearts, before i only cleared red orbs and for some reason kept the hearts. But with nearly 15k hp and RCV nearing 4k i can take a hit, made a huge difference.

Had all skills ready for the final stage - Sun Quan/Yomi and the Boss was like " Im screwed right ?" lol...

2015-01-02-18-32-30kes9s.png

These demons with their binding attacks though - they can be troublesome especially since water or green bind means most of my team is rendered useless.

I will add you !!

That's fantastic! I knew you could do it! I have U&Y, maybe I should focus on them for a little bit and give it another shot. I have Sun Quan, trying to evolve him now too.

I was intrigued by that gold PEM > REM method, so I tried it out once.

Divine Indigo Mask > Shining Dragon Swordsman (silver)

Not a gold egg but probably one of the best possible silver pulls since I didn't have one yet. I'm done. Lol.

I 0-stoned challenges 1-7 with my Sakuya team. Think it can clear 8 also, but Hera-Ur would be the wild card, since it would be RNG whether I can kill her before she 1-shots me. Not gonna try today though. Need to work on re-maxing both Athena and Dragon Zombie. And hopefully finish off Vritra.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Congrats Sasuke! Big accomplishment! It's been fun to watch your progress as you get a better and better understanding of how to run your teams :) I think it was you to whom I was giving advice about Zombie Farming teams not too long ago... if so, you've come a long way!

Thanks !!
PaD has been really a ride for me, its not possible to graps all the elements at the start even if it does seem simple at first. It feels like im discovering something new every week and improve at the same time. Really pleased with it right now.

Also did the first Legendary Dragons' Footprints stage i had trouble with earlier - and same result, safe voyage to the end, feels good !! I will try to get Siren from Absolute Zero now, since this stage is GZL compatible.

And about the Zombie Farming team....still using it for Friday Dungeons, but upgraded now with 4x poison units :-D
That's fantastic! I knew you could do it! I have U&Y, maybe I should focus on them for a little bit and give it another shot. I have Sun Quan, trying to evolve him now too.

Thanks man :-D
Always trying to improve the play style when i see more experienced players like you writing that its manageable. Just had to adapt the playstyle and beef up my party to a higher lvl.

Next mayor goal for this team will be Ult-Evo my 2nd U&Y, but since it might take a while i`ll see how i can improve the GZL team and maybe start playing around with a 9x Farming team.

Haku graced me with her presence, so I was able to evolve Fagan! Still need one more dark orb for Kagu, then a whole lot of Tamas and my TPA dragon team will be pretty much done. I may decide to build up a Draggie too for the burst. Should be a fun alternative to Athena as a farm team.

Quantum

I would like to say I still hate the batman collab!

grundy just refuses to drop evo'd for me.

I now need over 80 blue keepers (which will certainly be higher as I continue to run the collab) to evo mats for 2 amon and 1 hermes.

oddly I doubt I'll be spending more money in the game until I run out of evo'd skill ups for my team.

I understand that gungho wants to make it difficult to max a mob, but as more people play for 2+ years the number of cards they have that they would like/need to level only increases - so I'm unclear why skilling up cards has remained so unbelievably difficult.

I have a few teams I'd like to work on, but feel no need to donate more cash to the gunho fund for what has recently been much lower than a 20% skill up rate in my game.

my ra - skill level 7, so go figure - will be nice for turn 1 super availability I guess.

That Pal-rem theory =

Keeper of the gold - Hathor
Divine indigo mask - L Meta (dupe)
Rainbow Mithlit - Berserker Z

Worked 2/3 times. Is there any reason I should lvl up 2 L' Metas?

cw_sasuke

Hell yeah, Siren finally dropped. 2nd try on Absolute Zero and got her. Seems like the Water Mystic Knight also can drop there... Hope I get him.

And yeah also got the Water Dragon starter. Nice.

BTW.

What is the PEM/REM method you guys are talking about? xD

BTW.

Basically pull from the PEM until you get a gold egg, than immediately afterwards pull from the premium REM. Supposed to up your chances of golden eggs but I'm sure it all in good fun, just desperate people trying to find a leg up on the Gungtroll RNG.

Okamid3n

Hell yeah, Siren finally dropped. 2nd try on Absolute Zero and got her. Seems like the Water Mystic Knight also can drop there... Hope I get him.

And yeah also got the Water Dragon starter. Nice.

BTW.

Just people making up patterns to make the rare egg machine pulls more exciting.

Someone said he gets more gold eggs in the rare egg machine if he just got a gold egg in the pal egg machine right before. People then tried it themselves.

It's not true, it's just for fun.

I have everything to evo my athena now! Exceeept a mystic mask. Nothing fills me with more dread than having to farm for crap evo materials. At least farming jewels isn't mindless.

FZZ

Banned
Well guys after 1 year of playing this game I finally got her. Red Sonia is on my main account. I did my biggest IAP ever by buying 85 stones, did not mind because I've put 100s of hours into this game compared to other games. And to boot I only got three silvers and one three star the rest were golds.

Here's my haul.

I got rid of the mystic flame knight and Undine immediately so that's why you'll only see Gigas and Radious there as my non-gold pulls.

FZZ

Banned
Lol did three more pulls since I had 15 stones left and I got Bastet, Anubis, and Bearded Guan Yu.

Didn't have any of them before. Definitely my luckiest godfest ever.

Okamid3n

Wow, I had completely forgotten Team Cost was a thing. I'm rank 221 and my plan for an Athena team has a cost that's too high for me.

I don't even remember the last time I had to worry about team cost. Must've been around rank 120-140.

Hige

Haha, I've started some PEM-REM window theory madness! What have I done?

I don't really believe in it, but it's kind of a fun ritual and it feels better than mindlessly tossing stones at the REM and crying.

am_dragon

Had my wife try a rare egg pull this morning, Jade Dragon Caller Sonia. My first Sonja, I have no idea what to do with her.

Still pulling for Horus and Isis and I have none of the new Egyptian set.

Fafnir - dupe
Bastet - 4th
Set - it's new at least.

razterik

Minerva team did some work today. Cleared Extreme God Rush. Was prepared for Zeus Dios, but got a lucky Kirin invade instead. Rest was easy, even got a nice combo Ronia board to down Stratios.

Extremely close to a zero stone clear of Challenge 10. Had to drop a stone on Athena when she got stuck in Storm Punisher mode while the jammer/red orb boost kept me from getting enough hearts to heal. She was right on the edge of my burst range, too. Disappointed, but worth it.

Didn't have much difficulty with any other floor. Mastering held Beelzebub poison in check. Stratios took his usual 100+ turns of bad combos. Olympios went down easily with a couple row boards. Lit up Hera-Ur in one shot with a perfect three row Ronia board along with Freyr/Ur actives. DQ Hera was a few simple combos and rows since red orbs dropped often enough.

Perfection:

linsivvi

I hope I can draw one of the few leads that can clear challenge 10 one of these days. This is the only dungeon that I cannot clear, even if I am willing to spend a few stones.

razterik

Don't worry, this looks like the last manageable one before they become complete Anubis YOLO stone-dropping ridiculousness. Better off pretending there's only 9 floors after this.

linsivvi

True. I'm more looking forward to the descended challenges. Up to 2 sets of skillups and most should be doable besides the extreme rushes which I don't think I can 0 stone (maybe the devil one).

Farming spirit jewels have been good practices for making 0 stone descend teams, whereas previously I'd just cheese most of them with a couple stones.

They should come after challenge 3 if we follow the JP schedule.

Edit: The Goemon coin dungeon comes tomorrow. It's slightly less efficient than weekend dungeon at 2x though...

Kyu

Neo Member
I just restored my secondary pad account and are looking for friends.

My ID is 320,745,218

Rank 202

Not sure what teams I will use yet but some of the leads I have are:
D/L anubis
D/L luci
Ceres, will work on evolving her to awoken
Kushi
Bastet
Ra
D.meta
DQDX

cw_sasuke

So i finished Legendary Dragons' Footprints and to my surprise it unlocked Sky Dragons' Domain, tought i would need to clear Frozen Soil, Mars Crater etc. first....nice.

U&Y and GZL steamrolled through the SkyDragons and i got a bunch of drops. Looks like its Hera now and the Two Heroes. Didnt expect to get access to a Highlander for my GZL team, lets see how both dungeons plays out. But i should be fine.

razterik

Made one mistake on Seiryuu during Challenge 9, and poof went 90 stamina because I was short 40 HP to tank her hit on my Pandora team. Will have to toss second Hanzo or Byakko some extra plus eggs and come back to it later. Last dungeon and then I'll be bored again since there's nothing left to do but coin dungeons.

Whitelines

Neo Member
Thanks for those GZL that added me !

So i finished Legendary Dragons' Footprints and to my surprise it unlocked Sky Dragons' Domain, tought i would need to clear Frozen Soil, Mars Crater etc. first....nice.

U&Y and GZL steamrolled through the SkyDragons and i got a bunch of drops. Looks like its Hera now and the Two Heroes. Didnt expect to get access to a Highlander for my GZL team, lets see how both dungeons plays out. But i should be fine.

I don't know how your teams will do against Hera, but Two Heroes is easy as hell.

Alucrid

Banned
hmm can i get some advice on what to do / team building? padherder. right now i'm stuck since i can't get through the daily expert dungeons to get a dub-mythlit or mystic mask to upgrade the two teams i use.

da qiao / tyrannos / white knight / avalon drake / king devitama

and

avalon drake / osiris / da qiao / extreme king metal dragon

bad team composition / units or am i just terrible at orb matching?

hmm can i get some advice on what to do / team building? padherder. right now i'm stuck since i can't get through the daily expert dungeons to get a dub-mythlit or mystic mask to upgrade the two teams i use.

and

The expert Wednesday and Friday dungeons require some special consideration. It's possible to just brute force your way through with DQXQ, but you would need higher attack so you can break their defense, as well as a solid HP safety net. My suggestion would be a dark team with Noir, Devitama, extreme king metal, Lilith, and whatever you can afford in the last slot. Try to pair up with Lucifer friends and you should have no trouble.

As for general team building, you have a pretty good base for an Osiris team. It will probably take awhile to build up (and to get the teamcost), but Osiris/Zhuge Liang/Leeza/Griffin/Avalon Drake seems like a pretty solid team.

Kyu

Neo Member

and

Have you tried using the snow globe dragons as leads? Perhaps pair your noir with a lucifer. I think lots of gaffers have lucifer so just put up request here and someone could put it up. I have a Luci on my secondary account, my ID is a couple of post up.

Alucrid

Banned
The expert Wednesday and Friday dungeons require some special consideration. It's possible to just brute force your way through with DQXQ, but you would need higher attack so you can break their defense, as well as a solid HP safety net. My suggestion would be a dark team with Noir, Devitama, extreme king metal, Lilith, and whatever you can afford in the last slot. Try to pair up with Lucifer friends and you should have no trouble.

As for general team building, you have a pretty good base for an Osiris team. It will probably take awhile to build up (and to get the teamcost), but Osiris/Zhuge Liang/Leeza/Griffin/Avalon Drake seems like a pretty solid team.

Have you tried using the snow globe dragons as leads? Perhaps pair your noir with a lucifer. I think lots of gaffers have lucifer so just put up request here and someone could put it up. I have a Luci on my secondary account, my ID is a couple of post up.
Thanks, I'll give that a try then. Just need to rank up Noir and I'll give them another shot.

Tobe

and

just go with a resolve team to the dungeons so you can easily beat it, itll take some time but its better. once youve done it and evolve your teams enough you can burst through it

Minerva team did some work today. Cleared Extreme God Rush. Was prepared for Zeus Dios, but got a lucky Kirin invade instead. Rest was easy, even got a nice combo Ronia board to down Stratios.

Extremely close to a zero stone clear of Challenge 10. Had to drop a stone on Athena when she got stuck in Storm Punisher mode while the jammer/red orb boost kept me from getting enough hearts to heal. She was right on the edge of my burst range, too. Disappointed, but worth it.

Didn't have much difficulty with any other floor. Mastering held Beelzebub poison in check. Stratios took his usual 100+ turns of bad combos. Olympios went down easily with a couple row boards. Lit up Hera-Ur in one shot with a perfect three row Ronia board along with Freyr/Ur actives. DQ Hera was a few simple combos and rows since red orbs dropped often enough.

Perfection:
Good stuff. I never cleared the first challenge 10, since I didn't have a 0-stone capable team. In hindsight I probably should've just brute forced it with Sakuya or something. People saying a Py is worth 2000 stam means 4 stones would've been acceptable. Since then I now have both Awoken Minerva and Dancing Queen.

So you used the same Minerva team for both 9 and 10? What did you use for 8? Was gonna continue using Sakuya but if there's a safer/easier team, why make things harder on myself? =P

My GZL team is stalled out on Hera dungeon. The devils in the early rounds are rough, and Hera herself has too much HP and a 1-turn cooldown on her attack, plus GZL's conditional means I can't take the hit.

Is floor 3 of Batman collab supposed to be guaranteed drop on 2x master or not? I don't recall seeing a run on 1.5x that didn't drop on that floor but I just got 2 runs on 2x master that didn't have a drop there.

cw_sasuke

My GZL team is stalled out on Hera dungeon. The devils in the early rounds are rough, and Hera herself has too much HP and a 1-turn cooldown on her attack, plus GZL's conditional means I can't take the hit.

Yeah i tried it with GZL and no chance at this point, but the team isnt high level so im still at sub 10K hp. With hard hitting enemies and trying to keep under 80% hp it means you can more or less only tank 1 hit. Dungeon with 10 battles is too long to maintain the playstyle with my team.

Also tried with U&Y and got till Neptune but failed there because my finger slipped for the final combo. The bosses so far seem okay, but the small mobs esp. the Knights and Demons can really tank some hits. I will try again tomorrow, i should get through if i take my time....

hermit7

Is floor 3 of Batman collab supposed to be guaranteed drop on 2x master or not? I don't recall seeing a run on 1.5x that didn't drop on that floor but I just got 2 runs on 2x master that didn't have a drop there.

I am not entirely sure but I think it is meant to be 100 percent drop rate. I don't think I have ever not had it drop.

It's not 100% on Master 2x or 1.5x. I've had many failures to drop on that floor.

40% on master without multiplier - although feels less.

(this collab is all I've been running)
That's terrible. I'm trying to skill Hermes too but have only gotten 2 evo'd Grundies. I'll just run this off and on during the next week on legend.

I think my stamina this weekend is better reserved for failing the challenge dungeons lol.

Quantum

That's terrible. I'm trying to skill Hermes too but have only gotten 2 evo'd Grundies. I'll just run this off and on during the next week on legend.

I think my stamina this weekend is better reserved for failing the challenge dungeons lol.

I decided master made more sense - I'm collecting the non-evo'd ones as well, at 40 stam I'm running in one more time per day than if I just ran master, I'm collecting a bunch of unevo'd grundy. given the shitty drop rate and the poor skill up rate there is no way to level hermes without maximally collecting the un evod ones.

as hermes is an absolute priority for my blonia team I don't think anything esle is more important, Who knows when the batman will grace us again.

Jagernaut

Last time Batman Collab was here I max skilled Grundy since I didn't have Hermes. Now I have Hermes and have to do it all over again. I wish I could transfer the skill level from Grundy to Hermes.

Finally evolved my Ronia, think I'll start building another team around her. So far I have Echidna, Thorn Princess-Sleeping Beauty, Belial and I'm working on getting a king baddie.
I also need to level her up a bunch, so that will be my main focus for now.
Feels good to evolve her, feels like I'm finally making progress!

I decided master made more sense - I'm collecting the non-evo'd ones as well, at 40 stam I'm running in one more time per day than if I just ran master, I'm collecting a bunch of unevo'd grundy. given the shitty drop rate and the poor skill up rate there is no way to level hermes without maximally collecting the un evod ones.

as hermes is an absolute priority for my blonia team I don't think anything esle is more important, Who knows when the batman will grace us again.
I run a very lean box so I can't really justify hoarding too many unevo'd Grundies. My terribad rates on evolved skillups doesn't really fill me with confidence either (0/20 on Genbu, 4/42 on Byakko, 2/19 on Pandora).

Luckily, my Blonia team isn't high on my priority list right now so I'll just take what I can get and wait for the collab to roll around again.

Top Bottom