• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Quantum

Luckily, my Blonia team isn't high on my priority list right now so I'll just take what I can get and wait for the collab to roll around again.

I have other teams I should be working on - just have grown to like my blonia team, and a turn 0 dual orb changer is fantastic.

- Hermes is also an interesting leader (with a unique water and light buff) I've used for some runs (light gravity with 2x hp/atk - zeus)
- Hermes can be a great orb changer for Andromeda
- skill ups come only from batman right now so I just want it done already.

if a collab runs for a mob I use frequently I use all of my stamina toward it.

It worked for Fallen angel Lucifer, although my thinking and eventual Farm KOtG team doesn't even use him - I'm sure I'll work him into a different team.

I've come up with some great custom teams for a few dungeons, but skilling and leveling becomes an issue with each team for each specific task, and because its such a pain in the ass, I'd rather just focus on the currently running collab.

I hate the fact that the game encourages people to choose one type of team for the majority of content and so few people play a wide variety of leaders. I understand it, in fact it makes sense and generates the most amount of money, its just annoying if I want to run different leaders to try new teams.

I managed to beat Beelzebub for the first time today. I used my Athena team and barely made it through. Still need a fire jewel, but there are way easier options than Beelzebub. I really need to build up a low cost team so I can use those dungeons for jewel farming.

I need to put together a team for Izanami. I need to pick up a dark one for the Kagu uvo. We'll see how my U&Y team handles it.

I can evolve Hera Ur to DQ Hera, now. The question is, should I?

I've got a Sonia so regular Hera ur might be best, but an awoken Hera ur foes give one more Fire row enhance, but it also doesn't plus dark orbs....

razterik

Good stuff. I never cleared the first challenge 10, since I didn't have a 0-stone capable team. In hindsight I probably should've just brute forced it with Sakuya or something. People saying a Py is worth 2000 stam means 4 stones would've been acceptable. Since then I now have both Awoken Minerva and Dancing Queen.

So you used the same Minerva team for both 9 and 10? What did you use for 8? Was gonna continue using Sakuya but if there's a safer/easier team, why make things harder on myself? =P

q5XfY2b.jpg
0uEqlnT.jpg
NS77QRi.jpg
PNiNYuU.jpg
Challenges 6 through 9.

Minerva is distinctly unsuited for 9 with Seiryuu and Aurora dragon taking half damage. My Pandora squad is straight burst, but this dungeon gives quite a few turn breaks to recharge skills, so a slower and less optimal team might work.

8 is easy street for Ceres past the first floor. I don't even have plus eggs on that team, although everything is max awoken and max skill besides Ceres herself. First floor is the most dangerous, have to match hearts to heal two turns of damage and clear the poison/jammers every time. Slowly grind them down to above 20% and then Genbu/Michael combo. Recharge next floor, same combo to at least put Uriel into light bar. Gabriel goes down easy in two turns with a row and a bit more. Ping down Michael so his worst hits are light bar, use Kushi if necessary. Use burst on Raphael as soon as possible, if Kushi is still up, she'll let you tank his attack once for an extra five turns. Lucifer can't kill you until 30%, so grind and then finish him off.

6 was Pandora with all skill block subs. Not hard, have to handle a couple blind boards at first, but nothing has enough HP to take more than a couple hits.

7 is another simple Ceres clear. Keep HP up for a couple turns and burst first floor. Need rows to clear second floor, but he can't kill you. One shot Isis. Sopdet/Thoth are only dangerous sub 20%, so grind then burst. Ping Ra until his final move, use Kushi for an extra turn and Odin for an extra hit.

I can evolve Hera Ur to DQ Hera, now. The question is, should I?

I've got a Sonia so regular Hera ur might be best, but an awoken Hera ur foes give one more Fire row enhance, but it also doesn't plus dark orbs....

Have more than one Ronia? Use Belial or Awoken Minerva? Dancing Queen is better. She's definitely a better lead than normal Hera-Ur, anyway.

Thanks for the breakdown Raz.

In other news, looks like GH already updated Izanami dungeon to have both boss fights in the same run. Sucks since I still wanted to max L.Iza and it'll be harder now. PADX isn't updated with the new stats yet but L.Iza surprisingly went down very easily. I was just stalling for turns when I had a 9-combo accidental skyfall with no rows or TPAs, and was shocked to see it sweep her. Was even more surprised when she didn't drop and saw that I still had to face D.Iza next.

razterik

I'm working on awakening Minerva. Should I leave hera alone if I am going to have one soon?

Personally, I would go ahead and ultimate Hera-Ur. They are great subs on each others teams, although I admit to bias since both of mine are +297. But it depends some on how much dark focus your Ronia/devil teams have, so look at that for your final decision.

Thanks for the breakdown Raz.

In other news, looks like GH already updated Izanami dungeon to have both boss fights in the same run. Sucks since I still wanted to max L.Iza and it'll be harder now. PADX isn't updated with the new stats yet but L.Iza surprisingly went down very easily. I was just stalling for turns when I had a 9-combo accidental skyfall with no rows or TPAs, and was shocked to see it sweep her. Was even more surprised when she didn't drop and saw that I still had to face D.Iza next.

No problem.

I saw the update as well. Sad that there's not a free stone from it. Here's the new Mythical stats until PADX updates. Not sure how often Light Izanami drops, but if she's 50% or better, it probably works out the same as the old dungeon.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So yes, i beat Hera and the way to Heroes Dungeons and a Highlander Drop is wide open...well at least once my Stamina is filled again xD

It was quite the nice ride, since i 1-shot everything after Floor 5. Only exceptions was Neptune were i messed up the 25x and died, but decided to orb because i didnt want to redo the first stages again and knew i would win, had all skills ready anyway. Unleashed all on them on Hera...and got the drop. Happy...beating Hera is or was one of my main goals.

So now that im near completing the Normal mode. Are Skydragons and Legendary Dragons in general the best exp/drops farming spots on weekends ? It feels that way, esp in Skydragons you cant really die and get the +20exp dragons at the end.

Also wish they would give out Tama more frequently, having to spend +10 million or so for the coind dungeon is the only reliable alternative right now, i guess ? Once i hit 100 Stamina i will have to farm so mayor coins it seems.

Edit:

Looks like i will need to do The Mythical Twin Dragons later on for U&Y and Kushi skill ups ? Seems like its a 25x or die dungeons on every floor ...urgh.

And i think i wont bother with a Sakuya team, switching between her messes with my mind/playstyle. And to activate her 25x is way more difficult than with a team consisting of three U&Y. Maybe way down the line, but right now when i just got used to U&Y it doesnt make sense.

With U&Y 15x, GZL 16x i should be looking to a reliable 9x farming team and/or a combo team with Kushi as a leader and Yomi as sub.

Looking at Cu Chulainn stats, is the TPA version always prefered for GZL ? Because it need a quite rare KoG and the non TPA version has a dark sub element. Not to mention who knows how long it will take till i have enough Tamas for his 4 Awakeings.

I dont have the Masks yet, but makes me wonder if i shouldnt instead invest exp in leveling Marine Rider Robin to be ready, whenever im able to farm Sacred Masks.

Just thinking about it - 2x TPA Marine Rider would be a myayor boost to my GZL team - esp since he is an attacker and profits from GZL active skill as well.

Personally, I would go ahead and ultimate Hera-Ur. They are great subs on each others teams, although I admit to bias since both of mine are +297. But it depends some on how much dark focus your Ronia/devil teams have, so look at that for your final decision.

No problem.

I saw the update as well. Sad that there's not a free stone from it. Here's the new Mythical stats until PADX updates. Not sure how often Light Izanami drops, but if she's 50% or better, it probably works out the same as the old dungeon.

Well currently my Sonia team is Hadar, Ur, Haku, lu bu.

But I will have an awoken Minerva soon(just need to beat Vulcan Zeus) and I have an infrit I can ulti to take the place if hadar, so it would be a very fire centric team.

This is terrible for me. I think I'm gonna have to roll the dice with legend, or else just buy DIzanami by stoning. I don't have any time extends on my U&Y team yet, and with out my delay or orb changes, I won't be able to take her down in one shot.

Do both versions show up on legend?
Looks like they do. I got super lucky and both of them dropped on my first run. Just one red jewel away from Awoken Hino!

Am I right to assume that the guerilla descends (like Goemon today) do not have spirit jewel invades?

So now that im near completing the Normal mode. Are Skydragons and Legendary Dragons in general the best exp/drops farming spots on weekends ? It feels that way, esp in Skydragons you cant really die and get the +20exp dragons at the end.
Starlight Sanctuary for better rank exp per stamina. Drops might be better on skydragons, depending on what you need.

Looking at Cu Chulainn stats, is the TPA version always prefered for GZL ? Because it need a quite rare KoG and the non TPA version has a dark sub element. Not to mention who knows how long it will take till i have enough Tamas for his 4 Awakeings.
G/D can work, especially if you have enough 2pa elsewhere on the team. I haven't even awoken my Marine Rider yet and the damage is already pretty crazy. But obviously if you're tackling descends with the team, you want the best possible team.

cw_sasuke

Starlight Sanctuary for better rank exp per stamina. Drops might be better on skydragons, depending on what you need.

Ok, i think right now Skydragons is the best for me because i dont have to worry about hearts screwing up GLZ for me.

G/D can work, especially if you have enough 2pa elsewhere on the team. I haven't even awoken my Marine Rider yet and the damage is already pretty crazy. But obviously if you're tackling descends with the team, you want the best possible team.
Yeah, actually the damage is already quite high when farming stuff with my GZL team and i havent really focused on it, GZL and Kushi are the only high lvl units on the team.

GZL Evo, Kushi Evo, ADK Evo, Artemis Evo, Wonder Woman/ Friend GZL

So without the leaders i have 2 units with TPA. I will keep it that way, but switch Wonder Woman for the Marine Rider once i have leveled him a bit.

Kushi and Artemis are staying since they are used in other teams as well. So Cu Chulainn seemed cool, but i wont invest 4 Tamas on him anytime soon. But his active skills would make it safer to play GZL and take care of hearts if needed.

About that 9x Healer/Farming Team - well guess what Sun Quan can be used as a Leader as well. Totally forgot about his Leader Skill since i used him as a sub sinc ei got him. Paired with Friend Valkyres thats quite a solid team for now.

Jagernaut

I just cleared Challenge Lv 7 with the team below. My lead Ronia is +175 and max skilled, friend was hyper maxed. I modified a team from puzzledragonx.com to replace missing monsters.

Haku for Persephone
King Baddie for Lu Bu
Hadar for Devil Lucifer (have him but needed the extra hp.

Hadar's auto heal gave me just enough hp to take 2 hits from Isis which I needed when I was orb trolled for hearts.

I'll save the Shynpy for possible ultimate evo of Venus.

cw_sasuke

Two Heroes, Done. got the Berserk drop. Siegfried looks nice, might be a unit worth leveling. Will have to revisit the stage at some point to get Highlander. Stalling on the Floor 4 with 3x Vampire was easy so everything was ready on the boss stage.

I have a question about the Leaderskill activations, if i manage to connect 5 water orbs in that combo...will the 25x activation hit all enemies ? Or will it always first hit one enemy and splash the dmg over once he is defeated.

jiggle

Invade is so annoying
Ran water insect off and on mythical/legend and
No kraken invade ever, not even with 3x
Didn't get phoenix from farming fire insect either

Alt account
Popped in master to grab an insect last day
Kraken first try
Got phoenix from master also =.=

jay23

I just cleared Challenge Lv 7 with the team below. My lead Ronia is +175 and max skilled, friend was hyper maxed. I modified a team from puzzledragonx.com to replace missing monsters.

Haku for Persephone
King Baddie for Lu Bu
Hadar for Devil Lucifer (have him but needed the extra hp.

Hadar's auto heal gave me just enough hp to take 2 hits from Isis which I needed when I was orb trolled for hearts.

I'll save the Shynpy for possible ultimate evo of Venus.

I have everything on this team except for haku and hadar. I'm currently working on getting hadar for my team, is he a good substitute for luci?

Still struggled getting pass the first floor on Athena descend the other day. Need to get a lot better at comboing to clear the board.

Jagernaut

I have everything on this team except for haku and hadar. I'm currently working on getting hadar for my team, is he a good substitute for luci?

Still struggled getting pass the first floor on Athena descend the other day. Need to get a lot better at comboing to clear the board.

Hadar is good except for his low rcv, which is not a problem for Ronia teams, and has excellent hp. You lose 1 skill boost and 1 dark row enhance compared to Lucifer but for a farmable monster that's not bad. Definitely worth ultimate evolving and skilling up to 15 turns.

That's not Goemon descend, that's the new coin dungeon with Goemon as the boss but you are right, in general guerilla descends won't have spirit jewel invades.
Oh. I didn't even bother clicking the icon on PDX so I just assumed it was the descend. Good to know, thanks. Guess I'll save some of my stamina to run that for a stone.

Just got 6 awakenings from two runs of Tamadra Village. That's probably about as good as can be expected, so I'm pretty happy. I still need about 50 over all my teams. I'm ready for the rollover stamina so I can justify spending stones on it (150 stamina right now).

razterik

Keep. Byakko is a great starting roll and can build a pretty good farmable team with Echidna and Vampire. And she's a fantastic sub for many teams if you pull something better or different later.

Just starting out, never played before. I rolled this after 6 tries or so:

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=753

Seems pretty good, not sure if those tier charts are up to date and she seems lower on some and higher on others. For someone who never played before - do I keep, or can I do better?
She's a great lead for most of the game and at worst becomes a strong sub for other dark/devil leads when you delve into the endgame content.

Jagernaut

so what was the use you gave to your fat metal king? mine still need 1 more skill up, gonna def use her in a d meta team. god i wish for a pandora.

I have all the materials to ultimate evolve blue Valk but since I don't know when I will get another fat metal king I'm waiting for a green jewel for og Valk since I use her a lot more.

That ultimate Yamato Takeru art is nice, I wonder if his subtype will be attacker or dragon or even devil. I would use mine more often if I could skill him up.

hermit7

so what was the use you gave to your fat metal king? mine still need 1 more skill up, gonna def use her in a d meta team. god i wish for a pandora.

Just evoed my bvalk. Double two prong will be awesome for a uy healer team. May use her over a third to be honest.

I have all the materials to ultimate evolve blue Valk but since I don't know when I will get another fat metal king I'm waiting for a green jewel for og Valk since I use her a lot more.

That ultimate Yamato Takeru art is nice, I wonder if his subtype will be attacker or dragon or even devil. I would use mine more often if I could skill him up.

I'm guessing Dragon, if only because Pandora is probably going to get Devil and if she doesn't it is going to be an even bigger disappointment than Leilan not getting Healer.

am_dragon

I used it on my light valk, I leaned on her so hard for the first year I played the game. She is +297 and my red and blue Valk's are skilled but not max level and red isn't even 100% awoken. I'd really love to get my hands on 2 more of those metal kings though.

I'm guessing Dragon, if only because Pandora is probably going to get Devil and if she doesn't it is going to be an even bigger disappointment than Leilan not getting Healer.
She doesn't need devil typing at all though. Would be nice to have something other than devils for dark teams. And devil teams are strong enough without another orb changer with great stats and awakenings.

But game balance has never stopped Gungho before so...

Dual Izanamis isn't looking as bad as I thought. Didn't get many runs in today but went 4/5 on L.Iza drops. Of course that also means 5/5 on D.Iza. 9 Izas in only 5 runs? I can live with that. Unfortunately all those Izas only yielded a single skill-up for D.Iza.

Also after failing 3 times with my 100% skill-bind resist Sakuya team with Kushi and Izanagi, I just went back to using Odin and Apollo and proceeded to go 5/5. Sometimes the 40% skill-bind resist worked, but if it didn't, it was easy enough to stall for 10 turns. L.Iza would've given me 60% resist but without skill-ups I had to use Mastering for first floor safety. After this learning experience, I'm definitely not going to cannibalize my +297 Apollo. He's too key to this team.

As for my next +297, I settled on D.Meta, even though I've never really used her. But I know she's so good that she should defintely be +297'd and will never be a candidate for cannibalization.

cw_sasuke

Set your alarm clocks. Tamadra Retreat comes back tomorrow!

It sucks but i think i will orb for Stamina on this one to get at least my main team Awakenings up. It will not be very efficient without stamina overflow and having less than 200 stamina....but there is no other option.

J0dy77

Are we sure about this? I'm not seeing it on any of the schedules. I will stone the crap out of this, I need so many tamdras.

Jeez I really should just feed off the babies
I'm not even half way done evolving my last batch

I gave up trying to evolve the babies. The cost is ridiculous and there is no easy way to get Light Dubs. You'll end up wasting more stamina than it is worth running the friday dungeon or one of the dungeons that actually drops them. I spent an entire day running the tech dungeon once to only get one, it's dumb!

Awesome! I'm almost done with my DQXQ row team. I'll probably stone a few times to finish awakening that team at least.

By the way, has anybody tried skilling up the late bloomer dragons (Ifrit, Divinegon, etc)? Is the Legendary Dragon dungeon the best way to go about it?

J0dy77

Awesome! I'm almost done with my DQXQ row team. I'll probably stone a few times to finish awakening that team at least.

By the way, has anybody tried skilling up the late bloomer dragons (Ifrit, Divinegon, etc)? Is the Legendary Dragon dungeon the best way to go about it?

What does your team look like? I've always been curious to try DQXQ as a leader, she has some real potential but I've been spoiled with the mono colored teams lately.

What does your team look like? I've always been curious to try DQXQ as a leader, she has some real potential but I've been spoiled with the mono colored teams lately.
I'm kind of just working with what I have, but right now it looks like:

DQXQ, Valk, LZL, L/F Divinegon, D/L Batman, DQXQ

6 row enhances, delay, orb enhance, and a two turn mini burst. I decided to forgo a few extra row awakenings in favor of utility. Definitely could be improved upon with the right subs, but as it stands, the final burst can do anywhere from 2 to 10 million damage depending on the board (average about 4 million).

My biggest issue is skill ups right now. Divinegon needs 21 to be maxed or at least 15 to be usable. That's a huge stamina sink for a sub I'll only use on one team.

linsivvi

I don't farm them specifically. I just feed them for skill ups whenever I come across any chimera. The plus egg dungeon is a good source for them.

Been out of the loop for a while, but did GungHo release any info as to why the evo mats were changed for Pengdras?

Have they given baby metal dragons any other use? So, unless you are unable to run Super Metals, there's no reason to run the regular metal dragon dungeons anymore, right?

J0dy77

I'm kind of just working with what I have, but right now it looks like:

DQXQ, Valk, LZL, L/F Divinegon, D/L Batman, DQXQ

6 row enhances, delay, orb enhance, and a two turn mini burst. I decided to forgo a few extra row awakenings in favor of utility. Definitely could be improved upon with the right subs, but as it stands, the final burst can do anywhere from 2 to 10 million damage depending on the board (average about 4 million).

My biggest issue is skill ups right now. Divinegon needs 21 to be maxed or at least 15 to be usable. That's a huge stamina sink for a sub I'll only use on one team.

I rolled back my L/L Divinegon and turned him to L/F for a very similar DQXQ team. I have a strong team that I could put together with DQXQ x2 and Chaos Venus, L/R Divingeon, Valk, Thor. I can replace Venus with Hera-SO for damage reduction and the extra burst or Thor can be replaced with Izanagi.

I just have a hard time with these #x teams now. With the lack of HP on these teams or lack of recovery it is really easy to wipe due to trolling. With Ronia/Lu Bu team I can usually take a hit or two and be back to full with an easy match. I'll have to kick the team around. My hera-SO is already skill turn 4 from trying to farm Jewels and I have a snow globe I can use to level her.

What's everyone's thoughts on feeding their Echidna these days? I know George just did it. I have 220 eggs just sitting on her and I don't really use her anymore unless I run Horus. Such a shame how my 297 and 220 characters arent even being used. I can't bring myself to feed Horus but I could consider echidna if I max skill another.

zoku88

Did the rates of plus eggs change recently, or am I just really unlucky?

I ran ocean of Heaven over the weekend like usual, but didn't get a single plus egg from it. I usually at least maybe one every 1.5 runs or so.

Also, sasuke. Looks like you max leveled your U&Y. Congrats.

hermit7

Are we sure about this? I'm not seeing it on any of the schedules. I will stone the crap out of this, I need so many tamdras.

I gave up trying to evolve the babies. The cost is ridiculous and there is no easy way to get Light Dubs. You'll end up wasting more stamina than it is worth running the friday dungeon or one of the dungeons that actually drops them. I spent an entire day running the tech dungeon once to only get one, it's dumb!

Yeah I do the same with baby Tamadra. I need a bunch of awakenings as well but I think I am going to give a majority to blue Valk who needs three the others will probably go to a second uy that is being levelled. Need to check my box to deteine who otherwise.

cw_sasuke

Did the rates of plus eggs change recently, or am I just really unlucky?

I ran ocean of Heaven over the weekend like usual, but didn't get a single plus egg from it. I usually at least maybe one every 1.5 runs or so.

Also, sasuke. Looks like you max leveled your U&Y. Congrats.

hehe yeah thanks man, my first max level unit. I thought if one unit deserves it, its U&Y. But have to spread the love now again xD

Top Bottom