• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

I forgot to post my last pull on the three day godfest

Got a Green Zhuge Liang!

so that is my Fifth Godfest only God (Fourth Unique one: Ronia, L. Meta, GrOdin, Ronia, and now GZL) It took me a year to get a Godfest exclusive, but now two years in...

Wait a second, Have I been playing that long? Checks mail, 533 days ago I got a gift for 200 days playing... WTF is there no gift for two years playing?

I forgot to post my last pull on the three day godfest

Got a Green Zhuge Liang!

so that is my Fifth Godfest only God (Fourth Unique one: Ronia, L. Meta, GrOdin, Ronia, and now GZL) It took me a year to get a Godfest exclusive, but now two years in...

Wait a second, Have I been playing that long? Checks mail, 533 days ago I got a gift for 200 days playing... WTF is there no gift for two years playing?

You're clearly hooked, so why do they need to give you a gift? lol

J0dy77

I'm kind of just working with what I have, but right now it looks like:

DQXQ, Valk, LZL, L/F Divinegon, D/L Batman, DQXQ

6 row enhances, delay, orb enhance, and a two turn mini burst. I decided to forgo a few extra row awakenings in favor of utility. Definitely could be improved upon with the right subs, but as it stands, the final burst can do anywhere from 2 to 10 million damage depending on the board (average about 4 million).

My biggest issue is skill ups right now. Divinegon needs 21 to be maxed or at least 15 to be usable. That's a huge stamina sink for a sub I'll only use on one team.

Anyone else back to running the Tech dungeons today? I cleared the Wood insect and had some stamina right before a level that I dumped trying to get a yellow dub. 6 runs and no drops but got a handful of red pengrdas. Love that I can easily evolve them now, makes leveling the early level stuff really easy.

colinp

Banned
Tamadra Retreat times are up!

2 PM tomorrow for group D, but that's Japan Standard Time so YMMV (I think it's 9 PM PST). =p

I lined this S-rank run up with a rank-up. A Griffin invade on the 6th battle almost fucked my shit up. Good thing I healed on battle 5 to survive the preemptive, and had Belial ready to make Fire orbs.

4Dg7EpD.jpg

Got fed up, am currently cheesing my way through Divine Queen's Sleepless Castle.

How was this ever considered a viable play style?

EDIT: Aaaand done. Boy did that suck.

But, Hera is done and the path to Sieg and Cu Chu is now clear.

EDIT #2: Boy, Two Heroes is a cakewalk with double GZL. Already got a Siegfried.

I put mine up max/max +130ish hardly ever use it anymore and if it wasn't max skilled I think I would have fed it away by now.
Can I have your skill ups? I didn't farm as much as I should have and wasn't able to get any skill ups for her when Holy Dragon Knight was here. I feel like I should be taking advantage of the coin dungeon while its here, but I can't decide if it's worth it.

hermit7

I put mine up max/max +130ish hardly ever use it anymore and if it wasn't max skilled I think I would have fed it away by now.

Think that max skilled she is useable as a high value sub (double orb changer) and her rows for a lzl or lmeta team.

And the fact that she still is awaiting an ult evo.

Hige

I have a max level DQXQ that I've only used as a leader like twice. I'm not sure they can handle new content these days with all the focus on TPA burst or high HP tank teams. They're an amazing LMeta sub though.

Can I have your skill ups? I didn't farm as much as I should have and wasn't able to get any skill ups for her when Holy Dragon Knight was here. I feel like I should be taking advantage of the coin dungeon while its here, but I can't decide if it's worth it.
I bought the coin dungeon to get the last skill up I needed and the drop rate was pretty decent even on Master. I was worried that without the drop rate % increase that it would take a while. It took 7 drops to get that last skill up though, so you're still at the mercy of RNG.

I bought the coin dungeon to get the last skill up I needed and the drop rate was pretty decent even on Master. I was worried that without the drop rate % increase that it would take a while. It took 7 drops to get that last skill up though, so you're still at the mercy of RNG.
I'll probably dedicate the next few days to it, at least until we get a new event (and excluding tomorrow, gotta get those tamas). If it goes OK I may continue, but if not, I can wait until the next time it cycles through. She is far from my main focus right now.

Think that max skilled she is useable as a high value sub (double orb changer) and her rows for a lzl or lmeta team.

And the fact that she still is awaiting an ult evo.
The suspense for her ult/ults is killing me, particularly since the Liu Bei reveals. Really want to know what direction they're going to take her.

hermit7

The suspense for her ult/ults is killing me, particularly since the Liu Bei reveals. Really want to know what direction they're going to take her.

Honestly I like the way that they are going with the Awoken leads. I hope that they are more willing to remove the god types that the all those pantheons get so that they can get good awakenings and useful types. Or make both of them more useful just with wildly different styles. Maybe a b/l with physical and healer and then a l/b with healer and dragon. I am afraid that they are making all of the cards a little too similar based on where the meta is currently (two prong/ orb enhance at the moment.)

Finally where are orb enhance skills going to go when all orbs of a certain color are enhanced? How are they going to keep those cards relevant?

Finally where are orb enhance skills going to go when all orbs of a certain color are enhanced? How are they going to keep those cards relevant?
Orb changers are as popular as ever, and changed orbs aren't enhanced by awakenings. An enhanced full mono board is a powerful thing, and only possible with an enhance orb active skill.

J0dy77

Yeah I don't understand the love for her. Played around with her again and just can't keep up with other teams. If you don't have light on the board you're in trouble. And matching 4 colors plus a row of light is really inconsistent. While her active doesn't always guarantee big burst depending on what else is left on the board.

Quantum

Yeah I don't understand the love for her. Played around with her again and just can't keep up with other teams. If you don't have light on the board you're in trouble. And matching 4 colors plus a row of light is really inconsistent. While her active doesn't always guarantee big burst depending on what else is left on the board.

When I first got DQXQ I ran a team all of the time, but as you've said it just can't keep up with the consistent spike damage of my other teams. I have been using it as a situational sub in my LMeta team, but for farming or for lower level needs I generally just drop her for multiple Valks.

I am interested to see what gungho does with its uevo, but I'm not depending on it being anything game changing, the card already has about a 100% activation rate with great awakenings - if you increase the damage output it could become easily OP, increase the HP multiplier it becomes another in the line after Lmeta and Santa Kirin, also potentially op - an RCV multiplier? don't see how that would benefit a low hp high RCV team.

Yeah I may be kidding myself with this team. But I find team building to be the most interesting part of this game by far. I find myself getting bored when I'm not working towards a cool new team. If I'm lucky, her uvo will bring her back into viability, but if not I'll just move on to a new team.

PS for any newer players, run the highest difficulty of the Batman collab you can survive until you get a Copperhead, as she is an easily farmable source of poison damage. Otherwise you're stuck hoping to pick up a Lilith from a rare dungeon drop.

J0dy77

When I first got DQXQ I ran a team all of the time, but as you've said it just can't keep up with the consistent spike damage of my other teams. I have been using it as a situational sub in my LMeta team, but for farming or for lower level needs I generally just drop her for multiple Valks.

I am interested to see what gungho does with its uevo, but I'm not depending on it being anything game changing, the card already has about a 100% activation rate with great awakenings - if you increase the damage output it could become easily OP, increase the HP multiplier it becomes another in the line after Lmeta and Santa Kirin, also potentially op - an RCV multiplier? don't see how that would benefit a low hp high RCV team.

Yeah I may be kidding myself with this team. But I find team building to be the most interesting part of this game by far. I find myself getting bored when I'm not working towards a cool new team. If I'm lucky, her uvo will bring her back into viability, but if not I'll just move on to a new team.

Agree 100%, I keep jumping around and can't seem to settle on a team. I like the theorycrafting and watching a team grow. This is probably why I dont have one OP team with a ton of + eggs, I switch it up too much.

Part of this is due to the recent success I've had with the REM. For a long time all I had was Horus. I like the different play styles. Athena seems to be my favorite team to play of late, the two prong attack with tons of yellow orb enhance just melts everything for farming dungeons. It's my new favorite KoG team now that I finished Izanagi and replaced Thor.

Jagernaut

I have a fully awoken and leveled ultimate Athena that I want to use, but without Meimei and Izanagi I can't build a great team around her. I do have these light subs + GOdin:

Valkyrie (still waiting for a green jewel for her super ultimate evo)
Verche
Apollo
Light Zhuge Liang
L/L Venus
L/F Raphael
Sun Wukong
L/L Zeus

12:30am tama retreat?

Thanks Gungho...

The previous time tama retreat was here Group E had the 11pm slot (which I THINK was the last slot of that day). I really wish they would start their random dungeons earlier in the day.

am_dragon

Thanks Gungho...

The previous time tama retreat was here Group E had the 11pm slot (which I THINK was the last slot of that day). I really wish they would start their random dungeons earlier in the day.

Agreed C lucked out and got 9:30pm central time. I could handle start times as early as 6am, that would be much easier to deal with than 12am and 2am.

J0dy77

Thanks Gungho...

Group B had tamdra retreat at 2am the last time. I got screwed and couldn't run it. I still don't understand the thought process begins these time slots. There has to be a better time schedule or reason for this nonsense.

J0dy77

That's what bathroom breaks are for.

I've actually done this in the middle of a business dinner. Got 4 runs of Super gold dragons in and queued up another for when I got home. Only took a few minutes. :)

edit: noticing what a sickness this game has become for me.

Do I only have to fuse 4 hadars into one to have it fully awakened?

I have all the uevo materials ready.

It depends on the Hadar you're talking about. If you have the 5 mechdragon combo version and want all 4 awakenings you have to feed 4 of the combo version. It can't be the normal dark only Hadar. You can get two awakenings out of him if you evolve the dark only version already awoken.

jiggle

Do I only have to fuse 4 hadars into one to have it fully awakened?

I have all the uevo materials ready.
yes
feed 4 hadars to 1
then uevo

It depends on the Hadar you're talking about. If you have the 5 mechdragon combo version and want all 4 awakenings you have to feed 4 of the combo version. It can't be the normal dark only Hadar. You can get two awakenings out of him if you evolve the dark only version already awoken.

feeding 4 to hadar when he only has two awakens will actually unlock all 4 later when you uevo it :)

ZeroAKA

Got 3 Tamadras and 4 Babies in 2 runs of Tamadra Retreat. Not bad at all.

Edit: And of course, 0/4 awakenings with Baby Tamadras.

12 runs
9 Tamadra
30 Baby Tamadra
9 Chibidra

Pretty good overall. Definitely got more full Tamas than I was expecting.

Edit: went 9/30 on the baby Tamas. A little worse than I'd hoped for, but I'll take it.

TAMA Retreat schedule didn't work for me again. Only got a single run in like last time. Got 3 babies and an adult though. Still haven't bothered feeding them unevolved. Holding on for evo mats. They need increased awakening rates for babies like they do for skill-ups.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Well it could have been better, but got enough for 8 Awakenings for Sun Quan and Kushi. Used 3 Orbs.

Hope for the next time I'll have 100 stamina.

hermit7

Not sure of the number of runs but was able to finish blue Valk, g/d Ceres, g/d Astaroth, and got 5 of 7 on d/b batman so it was overall pretty good.

Really wish stamina overflow would come over to the US my stones would have been much more productive.

Top Bottom