• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Hige

23 runs
11 Tamadra
59 Babies
22 Chibidra

I threw a bunch of stones at it since I need way too many awakenings.

Edit: Went 24/52 with baby tamadra awakenings. That streak of 2 in 10 at the start was making me nervous though. >_>

Edit: Make that 24/55.

Zero_IYAD

It's been 600 days!!!!

tumblr_nht4r5mU8i1srgzyyo1_1280.jpg

J0dy77

Wound up with 6 Tamdras and 33 Babies. Gotten 2/8 on the babies so far and holding off on the remaining for Beelzebub and Hades Awokens.

J0dy77

I've been using the break after the new years event to catch up on challenge mode dungeons. This team can clear everything up to starlight sanctuary without even thinking about it. Not sure how far into starlight I'll be able to get:

N92D6F0l.jpg

Whitelines

Neo Member
I've actually done this in the middle of a business dinner. Got 4 runs of Super gold dragons in and queued up another for when I got home. Only took a few minutes. :)

edit: noticing what a sickness this game has become for me.

It depends on the Hadar you're talking about. If you have the 5 mechdragon combo version and want all 4 awakenings you have to feed 4 of the combo version. It can't be the normal dark only Hadar. You can get two awakenings out of him if you evolve the dark only version already awoken.
Does that only work on monsters that already have awakens available?

For example i have 3 Dragon Zombie, if i feed them one another would my
Corpse Wyrm, Dragon Zombie already be awoken when i evo him?

Jagernaut

It only works on monsters that are in their evolved form (have awakenings available) and have extra awakenings in their ultimate form.

600 now :3
I forgot about team slots increasing. Something to look forward to when I hit 500 in 14 more levels.

I remember thinking how insane it was to see 400+ rank YT vids and thinking I'd never get there. What's the highest rank in the Japanese base? Anyone break 1000 yet?

jay23

So I just cleared Queen of the Gods and I'm not sure how I'll get past KOTG.

Zeus is gonna be pretty tough to bring down with his 5 million HP.

jay23

Use a dark team and you only have to do 2.5 million damage. Do you have a Ronia?

Yep my main team is ronia/lu bu. I think I'll be good if I can get to zeus with most of my skills. Not sure how to manage cdd, should I use one of my ronia actives? Or would I need both for Zeus?

I plan on using echidna + ronia + king baddie on Zeus, not sure if that'll be enough tho.

Edit: apparently not lol, wonder how many dark rows I'll need to hit 2.5 mill.

Jagernaut

You should try to kill Zeus in 1 turn. If you are willing to stall for gravity bring a gravity user. Pack your team with strong cards with dark row enhances and bring a dark orb enhancer like ultimate Hadar or devil Lucifer. Try to make 4 or 5 rows (2 dark rows) out of the Ronia active + enhanced dark orbs + king Baddie/Lu Bu.

Jagernaut

What devils do you have with dark row enhance awakenings? Also, how good are you with making rows with Ronia? You can practice in challenge mode using an all Ronia team. You can also use the Path and Decision app to practice.

jay23

What devils do you have with dark row enhance awakenings? Also, how good are you with making rows with Ronia? You can practice in challenge mode using an all Ronia team. You can also use the Path and Decision app to practice.

With hadar I'll have 4 dark row enhance, ronia/ronia/lu bu/hadar.

I'm not great at making rows, really depends on the board I get.

Just looked up that app seems to only be available on iTunes. I'll have to search for something similar on android.

Just looked up that app seems to only be available on iTunes. I'll have to search for something similar on android.
"Combo Master" is the app I use. It doesn't solve the board for you, but you can put in your monsters and it will calculate your damage as you practice. I use it a lot when I'm building new teams.

Quantum

A good KotG farm team is certainly a good goal to have. practicing rows will help a bunch, although I do see a bit of a problem, with only 4 dark row enhance you will have a bit of a problem with a 1hk on zeus if you use any enhance on CDD.

if you uevo your sonia (which I'm sure you will) it gives extra time. even one extra time enhance helps me dramatically when landing rows.

I'm not sure 4 enhances gives your rows that much more of a benefit that multiple groups of 3 if you don't have additonal matches (1 row + 1 group of three > 2 groups of three)

there is an excellent discussion at this link on P&D http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=21741 (all credit to the original poster and following discussion)

personally I don't use ronia for the final floor, but I've found a team that has 100% unless I make a dumb mistake. ronia can troll you with orbs. I've found that haku->cdd->baddie destroys zeus every time without ever being trolled. it fact there are times where haku will make too many dark orbs with two few red so I can skip using the CDD to ensure at least 2 dark rows.

I currently use LU BU/CDD/Haku/Haku/Baddie/Uevo ronia.

linsivvi

I use Beelzebub, Haku and Hera to pair with Ronia. Instead of using rows, I use 2 prongs, enhanced orbs and can trigger Ronia's 6 combo bonus damage. In addition, this team has 30K+ hp, enough to survive a hit from Zeus.

TsuXna

I forgot about team slots increasing. Something to look forward to when I hit 500 in 14 more levels.

I remember thinking how insane it was to see 400+ rank YT vids and thinking I'd never get there. What's the highest rank in the Japanese base? Anyone break 1000 yet?
Don't think anyone did. The highest rank guy plays on Korean server.

raven777

any chance of Mario collabo coming to the smartphone version? (Not the full 3ds game but just the collabo monsters and dungeons.)

So I ran the Tamadra dungeon for the first time last night (12:30am ugh) and it dropped 3 baby tamadra and 1 Tamadra. Ended up having to use a stone at the very end, I was so close but couldn't heal in time. I'll make sure to do better next time!
About the the new Mario bros. crossover, I'm super surprised and thought it really came out of left field but I am definitely going to give it a shot. Now all I need is to hear the release date for PADz ;)

smbu2000

Used the badpy I picked up to max skill the uevo DMeta on my secondary account. Very nice having dark orb enhance and 1 turn 35% damage reduction every 7 turns.

Did pretty well today on the Thursday dungeon as well. 6 clears on it, 2 blue and 4 red. (6 total reds this week and last) Now I can try and skill up my Ronia when the new event starts. (only at level 3 now)

I finally saw some of those chibi figures at a local used store. I'm thinking about picking up that Lucifer/Metatron combo for my gf as she wants the Metatron figure.

They also had a healer Bastet figure as well, that I kind of want.

ZeroAKA

END OF AN ERA, GOLEMS GONE FROM REM:

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/150108_muracolle.html

Also, light Valk, but whatever. Toy dragon rate reduced.
Finally. What about the healer girls?

I finally saw some of those chibi figures at a local used store. I'm thinking about picking up that Lucifer/Metatron combo for my gf as she wants the Metatron figure.

They also had a healer Bastet figure as well, that I kind of want.
Wow, those are actually really cheap. I probably would have bought one of each. :p

Jagernaut

I'm not happy with the Yamato Takeru ultimate. The art is great but he needed an atk buff not a hp buff. Also, 2 rows and 2 skill boosts would have been much better than 1 row and 3 skill boosts.

I wish they would refine the targeting system. Why would the game decide to kill the monster on a 2 turn timer before the one on a 1 turn timer? It cost me a +egg! Would it be so hard to allow us to determine the order of attack?

Top Bottom