• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Looking again at what units are available and how much it would take to train them for the Wednesday Dungeon i think i will just give it a go with GZL. Since i dont have multiple trained Heras, Lucifer etc. I could provide 100% skill lock resistance with this team. But low lvl and rcv will probably kill me too soon - not too mention getting orb trolled or healed is a mess with GZL. Doesnt help that the masks on the first floor are all Turn 1.

GZL/Kushi/ DL Yomi/ Artemis/ Wonder Woman Evo/ Friend GZL

Putting a max Awakening Ult Evo Odin in my U&Y team could maybe let me trade some blows with the masks on the final floor.

U&Y/Odin/Kushi/Sun Quan/DL Yomi/U&Y

Wondering which of both teams i should pursue for that dungeon, though to be far the UY team besides of Odin is leveled compared to the low level GZL subs. But i am missing just 1 Awakening with GZL for 100% skill lock while i need all 8 for Odin still...
KuGsj.gif

I wish they would refine the targeting system. Why would the game decide to kill the monster on a 2 turn timer before the one on a 1 turn timer? It cost me a +egg! Would it be so hard to allow us to determine the order of attack?

I agree, I have frequently had to dig myself out of a whole (or got bind deathed) because two devils with a 1 timer and a 2 timer chimera pop up. I target 1 of the devils, and kill it and then the game targets the chimera instead of the other 1 timer devil and I get bound.

It used to be worse, before I max awoken a bunch of monsters, but still getting Ronia bound because the game didn't target the 1 timer devils first sucks.

J0dy77

I'm not happy with the Yamato Takeru ultimate. The art is great but he needed an atk buff not a hp buff. Also, 2 rows and 2 skill boosts would have been much better than 1 row and 3 skill boosts.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. If doesn't do much for him as a leader. Giving him another row enhance might have been OP. I'm trying to think of how this impacts him as a sub though. Three skill reduction is nothing to overlook.

hermit7

So finally finalizing the units for my uy healer team. Currently have uy/uy/blue Valk/sun quan/d/l yomi/uy friend.

Pretty solid with all the two prong and with sun quan's burst and ideal orb setup from yomi damage is huge.

jay23

I wish they would refine the targeting system. Why would the game decide to kill the monster on a 2 turn timer before the one on a 1 turn timer? It cost me a +egg! Would it be so hard to allow us to determine the order of attack?

!!!!

I've messed up countless of times because of this.

*Souls of the Forest*
[Duration]: 1/9 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 1/18 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)
The world shakes off the weight of the previous year, and the monsters of Puzzle & Dragons begin to commune again with their attributes.
The Forest is alive and filled with energy, a marvelous beauty to behold.
■① Daily Login Bonuses
1/9 - 1/18 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.
■② Arcane Mysteries
Behind hidden glades, oaken doors, and stone-carved runes, immense power is contained. If you search hard enough, you too can unlock this power.
1/10 - 1/11 - Extreme Hera Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*
1/13 - 1/15 - Watery Temptress
1/17 - 1/18 - Extreme God Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*
■③ Special Event Content
1/16 - 1/18 - ????????????
■④ Pal Egg Machine Update
The Pal Egg Machine has received a new addition! Bone Fish, along with Firon, Waron, Winron, Shiron, and Shadron, will become available with the start of this event!
Pal Egg Event:
1/9 - 1/18 - Rare Evo Materials
■⑤ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Spirit Jewels are active from 1/9 to 1/18! This event also features a unique 1.5x chance for Spirit Jewels to descend!
See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb
1/9 - Thoth & Sopdet Descended!
1/9 - Gaia Descended!
1/10 - Beelzebub Descended!
1/10 - Hera-Sowilo Descended!
1/11 - The Goddess Descended!
1/11 - Guan Yinping!
1/12 - Hera-Beorc Descended!
1/12 - Noah Descended!
1/13 - Hera-Is Descended!
1/14 - Mephisto Descended!
1/15 - Hera-Ur Descended!
1/16 - Cauchemar Descended!
1/17 - The Thief Descended!
1/18 - Satan Descended!
■⑥ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Dungeon Bonus:
5x chance for +Eggs to appear in Technical Dungeons
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
Fusion Bonus:
2x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x Skill Up rate
Drop Bonus:
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
2x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

pronk420

I finally got a lu bu from the rem as my starting pull, I've tried reading guides but I don't understand fusing

Should I be fusing stuff to lu bu or will that turn him into something else?

And for the other monsters I get, should I be fusing them to each other or the starter monster or Lu bu?

I finally got a lu bu from the rem as my starting pull, I've tried reading guides but I don't understand fusing

Should I be fusing stuff to lu bu or will that turn him into something else?

And for the other monsters I get, should I be fusing them to each other or the starter monster or Lu bu?
Feeding things to Lu Bu will give him more experience, which will eventually level him up. Once you reach level 50 on his 5* form, you can evolve him to his 6* form via Evo Fusion and specific evo materials. (http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1239 for reference)

Hard to say what you should be feeding away vs keeping until we know what your box looks like. Generally speaking, you shouldn't feed away anything that drops out of the REM unless you know what you're doing. Drops from dungeons are usually okay to feed since you can typically just farm them again if you need another one.

linsivvi

I need a green jewel for Valk ultimate and all 5 for Beelzebub ultimate. The normal jewel invade rate is too low.

Is the normal invade rate 1/6? At 1.5x that means 1 in 4 runs, not too bad. I got all the jewels for both Beelzebub and Fagan the last time there was a 1.5x

I have evolved everything I have but will need one for Starling and a good opportunity to stock up as many as possible. Also good practice for descended challenge!

linsivvi

Agreed. I need one of each for Valk, Blue Valk, and Kagu. And then another one of each for a Beelzebub if I ever get around to him.

Beelzebub is the best farmable monster right now in my opinion so it's totally worth it.

It allows you to play a Ronia team without actually having a Ronia.

Jagernaut

Beelzebub is the best farmable monster right now in my opinion so it's totally worth it.

I have 4 Ronias but I want to run Beelzebub/Ronia for some dungeons and I never see one up on my friend list.

Yeah he seems pretty good. But I think I'll run into the same problem I have with my Lu Bu team. I still don't have a decent devil orbchanger, which is really holding my team back.

I wish I had hanzo and DValk so damn bad. They are holding back my Dmeta team. I have two haku's just waiting on them(I'd actually wouldn't mind two hanzos)

This game get's you on that desperate need of one REM monster. I never got Lu Bu for my Ronia team and while pulling for him I got Dmeta now that i have her I really want Hanzo to make my haku more useful and so far I've had no luck getting him, Persephone, dvalk or any other great dmeta sub. I'm currently using vampire either Lilith or CDD.

My REM wishlist, in order, is simply:

RValk, Minerva for Krishna/Ame
Amon/Blodin for Blonia
Kushi for GZL
DValk to complete my luxury Pandora/Dmeta teams

I don't even care about FA Luci anymore so I'm sure he'll pop out of the REM soon.

J0dy77

Sorry to rain on your parade, but the perfect run would have 3 +egg Carbuncles. And nowadays I'm actually disappointed when a Fruit invades instead of a Flower. Lol

Lol! I'm just thinking about the old school days and how many times I wanted this to happen. This has been the first week since the change to pengdra evolve that I actually ran Thursday dungeon a lot. Brought back a lot of nostalgia for the old Monday Thursday cycle.

razterik

Don't forget you can buy the Dragon Plant dungeon now. It might be a better choice if you are only looking for the plants. It doesn't work for me since I am always short on Dragon Fruits lately. Need a Dragon Fruit dungeon bad.

Excited for the 1.5x jewels. Behind on a bunch of ultimates because it's been so long since the last rate up.

Only one 5x tech Monday this event. Better than none. Not even sure who will be my next plus egg target. Waiting for new announcements, I suppose.

hermit7

Don't forget you can buy the Dragon Plant dungeon now. It might be a better choice if you are only looking for the plants. It doesn't work for me since I am always short on Dragon Fruits lately. Need a Dragon Fruit dungeon bad.

Excited for the 1.5x jewels. Behind on a bunch of ultimates because it's been so long since the last rate up.

Only one 5x tech Monday this event. Better than none. Not even sure who will be my next plus egg target. Waiting for new announcements, I suppose.

I am excited for the enhanced jewel rate as well. I only wish that for some of the ultimate evos you didn't need to evo the descend monsters. I am going to get a gaia tomorrow so I can make Awoken hades but Zeus needs three devilits already.

Damn. The Red Jewel dungeons are rough this time around. I don't think I can reliably run any of the options on Mythical. Though with 1.5x invade it might be worth it to run Legend.

Hige

Guess not many ppl run Wednesday on Legend with U&Y or GZL xD
I use GZL/Kushinada/Bastet/Kirin/Gronia/GZL for Wednesday dungeon. Kirin is just there for skill bind resist, but it's really easy otherwise. I don't use Kushi's active and I could probably beat it without Bastet's active, but Bastet is useful for the divine mask floor. I'm sure you can use alternate subs as long as you get to 100% skill bind resistance and have a board or orb changer for the final floor. You also need enough HP to survive a round of attacks from the first floor to get you under 80%.

Tobe

i hate the rotations i cant get the blue jewel thats the only thing i need for uvoing my dmeta.

now the she has a ultimate, i think having 2 of them is worth it. saw a guy in my friend list that had a hypermax uvo dtron, shit was insane.

Jagernaut

i hate the rotations i cant get the blue jewel thats the only thing i need for uvoing my dmeta.

now the she has a ultimate, i think having 2 of them is worth it. saw a guy in my friend list that had a hypermax uvo dtron, shit was insane.

You have a Ronia right? Hera Sowilo is easy with a Ronia team, probably your best bet for the blue jewel.

linsivvi

Beelzebub is also kind of easy if you can build a 100% poison resist team. Droidragon + King Mastering = 80% resist already.

Jagernaut

dark heavy tho. have no red devil( hera ur havent evolved yet leveled her, let me post my box im in a creative rut.

Dark Ronia team is fine, you just need to stall until Venus 10 turn dark absorb runs out. You can stall on most of the bosses if you don't bring them under 50% hp and charge up your skills.

Maid

Banned

I have 15 baby tamadra. I need a better place for Dragon Fruit. Will pay for coin dungeon.

Also 1.5x jewels is the best thing of this event.

J0dy77

It depends on how committed I am, but around 15 stones for about 230 plus eggs. I don't keep hard count anymore.

What tech dungeon do you run during 5x? Or do you change it up?

Can someone put up wangren? I need to beat my head against Gaia again.

Jagernaut

Are you guys saving up pal points in case we get the special pal machine with the mini 3k gods? I really want a Lu Bu and I would be happy with a mini Lu Bu as a Ronia sub.

Are you guys saving up pal points in case we get the special pal machine with the mini 3k gods? I really want a Lu Bu and I would be happy with a mini Lu Bu as a Ronia sub.
Japan is going to get a pal machine that gives nothing but rare evo mats for 500 points per pull during the current event. You're better off saving your points even if NA doesn't get the mini 3k machine for some reason.

J0dy77

I'm only going to spend the points when I near the 50 cap. My luck with the rare evo mats is awful, I'm just throwing away the pulls anyway.

Edit: Still looking for Wangren if anyone has one to put up.

I keep telling myself I should, cause I really want a Sun Quan or RGY. But the temptation of pulling a jewel keeps winning me over. Not sure if my willpower will hold up this week.

Maid

Banned
I keep telling myself I should, cause I really want a Sun Quan or RGY. But the temptation of pulling a jewel keeps winning me over. Not sure if my willpower will hold up this week.

It's a x1.5 jewel period. That could help with your determination, lol.

Zero_IYAD

I am, tho I'm not sure what kind of machine or it's content is, but I read here around 3 weeks ago to start saving up points for a special machine ^^"

A question, did they support the latest Android version in the recent updates? I just ordered a Nexus 6 & I thought I'd double check.

I am, tho I'm not sure what kind of machine or it's content is, but I read here around 3 weeks ago to start saving up points for a special machine ^^"

A question, did they support the latest Android version in the recent updates? I just ordered a Nexus 6 & I thought I'd double check.
Yeah, it was either the last update or the one before that got Lollipop support.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man screw the Friday Dungeon, really making me hate this game. Needed only 1 Dub-topalit and now 125 wasted stamina later im still at zero. 5 dungeons runs and the stupid drops are always the red and dark one
LLShC.gif

Really pisses me off.

I use GZL/Kushinada/Bastet/Kirin/Gronia/GZL for Wednesday dungeon. Kirin is just there for skill bind resist, but it's really easy otherwise. I don't use Kushi's active and I could probably beat it without Bastet's active, but Bastet is useful for the divine mask floor. I'm sure you can use alternate subs as long as you get to 100% skill bind resistance and have a board or orb changer for the final floor. You also need enough HP to survive a round of attacks from the first floor to get you under 80%.

Cool, thats nice to hear - you are keeping my flame of hope alive !!!
Lets see if i can handle it with my team without the mass attack active. Could you post a screen of this team configuration ? Just wanna see the stats when it comes to HP/RCV/ATK to see how much leveling i have to do.

Maid

Banned
Man screw the Friday Dungeon, really making me hate this game. Needed only 1 Dub-topalit and now 125 wasted stamina later im still at zero. 5 dungeons runs and the stupid drops are always the red and dark one
LLShC.gif

Really pisses me off.

I really think running Lightning Dragons of the Skies has better benefit than Friday Dungeon. You get fodder to feed, exp, and occasionally a gold dragon/dub-topalit, rather than wasting stamina for shit you don't even need in Friday Dungeon.

J0dy77

It's done, Gaia get. Finally cleared master, i even raged and used three stones not knowing if I was going to get the drop (never done anything like that before). That's how much I hate that dungeon. I even rolled back my +220 echidna just for this, freaking nightmare.

Now that I cleared it I realized that two of the stones were wasted on me not knowing the dungeon and making bad mistakes. Don't think I'm ever going to run it again to see if I can no stone.

Top Bottom